Jump to content

Summerabbacat

Members
  • Posts

    8,310
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Summerabbacat

  1. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 5

    "Carefully, they had made their way down the tower in which they resided, managing to sneak past guards until they were in the deepest parts of the castle, where light never shone, and the rats grew as big as cats." Very Bowie-esque @Mark Ponyboy Peters; Future Legend from the marvellous Diamond Dogs album. It is apparent Garrett is a fine specimen of a man, horny and healthy; certainly no Leif. A sense of humour, mixed with mischief and a dash of raunch (well maybe more than a dash). The behaviour of the Knights of the Order of the Dragon, the taking of a young male lover, would be frowned upon in today's world by many, although in defence of Luther he has waited until Jamal has come of age, which appears to be 18 if I am not mistaken. Have Carel and Willem found a way to escape the dungeon in which Willem has been imprisoned? If so, will Willem be able to foretell the future still and assist those who attempt to overthrow Septimus? May a putrescent plague descend upon Septimus and his arse kissing cronies. What an incredible talent:
  2. Summerabbacat

    Recovery Day

    Is that Mr Darcy, Mr Knightley, Edgar Linton or perhaps Heathcliff amongst the trees on the right of screen @Gary L? The gardens certainly are magnificent, definitely more Austenesque than Brontëesque though. Imagine the fun Greta and Lilibet (or is it Lilibeth and why can I not remember) could have. So many things to sniff, so many places to mark their territory. And the pool/pond in front of the pavilion, imagine the cat fights Alexis and Krystle could have had in it. The perfect setting for a Merchant/Ivory classic, except James Ivory is the only one still alive and he is 97 years of age. I have always thought he was English, but he is an American. A real feel-good chapter @Robert Hugill. @centexhairysub was correct with his comment on the previous chapter: "Charlie is, I think, more upset that he isn't more upset than that Aunt Daphane actually met her demise." Very astute.
  3. I thought it too obvious Ox was the culprit who stole the artefact which Mahaka found. I was not surprised the culprit was revealed to be an indigenous student, nor was I surprised by the reason he removed the artefact. I think Principal Ricketts did the right thing by not involving the police and by discussing the theft rationally with Bonner (named in honour of Senator Neville Bonner). His parents Archie and Aretha were eminently sensible and between the four the matter was resolved satisfactorily with very little fuss. Given Bonner's intention was neither malicious nor motivated by personal gain, I believe any kind of punishment would have been counterproductive. CI Richards displayed a good deal of knowledge regarding procedural examination of the artefact. It is apparent watching Law & Order, Midsomer Murders AND Morse has not been for entertainment purposes only. Will this be sufficient to earn him the position of School Captain or is Florence's son, Scott, a shoe in given his popularity, or is there an unknown dark horse yet to reveal his intentions?
  4. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 4

    I can totally relate to the text in bold. I just hope Andrew and/or Brody are able to convince him to return home and work on what is important i.e. his relationship with Andrew. Andrew may have to start shouldering some financial responsibility too given their comparative young ages, with Will being the younger of the two.
  5. A terrific start to this new chapter in Adam's life @ChromedOutCortex. I was very impressed with his honesty in his disclosures to Alex. He did not attempt to conceal his mental health struggles and answered many of the questions some of we readers raised when commenting on In My Mind. I was particularly impressed he acknowledged he was able to fool family and friends alike for a long time because of what he had learned in his Psychology minor. He really is a remarkable man, with or without Jamie. The return to his hometown is a very good idea, particularly to visit Jamie's gravesite. It will be very difficult for him to do so I imagine, but I hope it helps in the healing process he must go through, perhaps for a very long time, perhaps for the rest of his life. Alex has been his friend for a long time, the one who continually made an effort to maintain a friendship with Adam whilst at University. He certainly appears to be in it for the long haul. I imagine he will be welcomed by Adam's and Jamie's family alike.
  6. Some very important facts were revealed in this chapter, facts which well may assist in the investigation of future crimes at Maroubra High School: Mahaka is packing some serious meat and is cruising the school grounds after hours to meet online hook ups Mahaka's mother Moana swallows her vowels to the extent she would be difficult to understand in person Lucas is NOT a size queen Neither Lucas nor Caleb could remember Joshua's name, once again falling back on it being Jacob Joshua's isolation at school really is as depicted in his story, Joshua Miles
  7. The attack on Jack's character by the "evil entity", its lies and attempt at deception, remarkably like the circus we know as "politics". Theodore's tongue, a salve applied liberally to Vince's cut bicep, the equivalent of honey and seemingly just as sweet, better than any antibiotic. I daresay Jack may have a few abrasions, perhaps not as visible to the naked eye as Vince's cut, which need the attention of Theodore's muscular mouth organ too. Theodore's granite-like defence mechanisms are beginning to erode under the pressure of his attraction to the field mouse and the guardian. There is hope for him yet to fully reveal his desire for human companionship and lust.
  8. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 4

    From Bette's critically maligned album Thighs And Whispers. The critics hated it because it was disco, and the disco sucks movement was well underway in the USA. It is my favourite Bette album, and this song was very popular in Australia, where we did not have an anti-disco backlash.
  9. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 4

    Fellow readers and authors may think I am crazy, some may even get annoyed with me posting YouTube clips of songs, but in stories I enjoy a musical reference pops into my head very often, quite often more than one. The same thing often happens with readers comments, and for your comment it was instantaneous. I often remember events or years in terms of the songs/albums that were popular at the time, although in recent years less so because I like so little music released nowadays.
  10. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 4

    Direct from Ronardo's Boom Boom Room on South Street @drsawzall. He is tired, and hungry, and lookin' for love.
  11. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 4

    Dewey says no @weinerdog.
  12. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 4

    I got the impression @chris191070 Luther's visitor did not stick the sword into him, rather he merely touched him with the end of his sword: "When the sharp point was taken away, Luther half rolled over, coming face to face with the dull sheen of a finely-crafted sword, and a pair of eyes he had not seen in many a year." Hopefully my impression is correct.
  13. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 4

    My immediate thought was that Luther's visitor was Chandar, the Keeper of the Sword of Erasmus, but then I realised it could not be he as Luther has not met him before, and whomever stuck their sword into Luther's back had eyes he had not seen for many years. Perhaps it was Brian, after all if he was not the Messiah, he might be a Knight of the Order of the Dragon, or perhaps it is Brad, Dr Scott or even Rocky. Whomever it is, I just hope the sword they possess is not the Sword of Damocles. I don't know why @Mark Ponyboy Peters, I don't think it is just vague memories of Monty Python and the Holy Grail or Jabberwocky, but there is something Pythonesque about this story, apart from the gay "sex scenes", although I am sure Graham Chapman would have approved of them with delight.
  14. Perhaps they might persuade Gran to join their team @chris191070. She may be able to teach them a trick or two, and the excitement for her would maintain her new youthful enjoyment of life.
  15. Hunter has one friend only whom he can trust completely, Max. Everyone else wants something from him, some moreso than others. I still like Yeison because I think he is genuine, and still dislike Miguel because I think he is not. It will not surprise me if Miguel's father has instructed him to get friendly with Hunter for the same reason Hunter's father has instructed him to get friendly with Miguel. If Miguel's father is as wealthy as it is believed he is, I imagine he has many contacts he could use and/or bribe to obtain information about Hunter's father.
  16. Caleb and Lucas, Batman and Robin, Starsky and Hutch, Dalziel and Pascoe, DCI Barnaby and DS Jones, Sherlock Holmes and Dr Watson, The Hardy Boys. Is this the beginning of a crime spree at Maroubra High School which the intrepid duo will investigate, at least until the police are contacted, if the police are contacted. I assume if the thief was wearing a hoodie it would be impossible to tell whether he or she had Split Enz, and the robbery occurred when the school was anything but a Crowded House, with no witnesses likely in the vicinity of the school. Was it perhaps a disgruntled former resident of Shortland Street @Wombat Bill, or a roadie for Dragon, Sharon O'Neill, Split Enz or Crowded House. The Ox is an obvious suspect, a little too obvious I think. Perhaps it was an Aboriginal student who has taken it and given it to a tribal elder for safekeeping.
  17. I have 9 days and several years on you.
  18. Haven't you got a husband @chris191070? As a Libran born on 10/10 I have to ask are the numbers in your profile name your date of birth?
  19. "Francesco then reached up with his hands and his head followed. When he was in his intended position, James said “Bloody hell....I’ve never seen anything like that before. You can lick your own butt cheeks” Francesco stopped licking and said “Watch this” Then he pulled his cheeks apart, put his tongue between his cheeks and licked his own arse hole” “I don’t believe it...self rimming” I knew it. Bloody hell, lucky bastard. With James as his "costume advisor" I am sure Francesco will do well in Australia's Got Talent, a TV show I have never seen in my life. Is that the one Dannii Minogue and that ghastly Sharon Osbourne were on @Wombat Bill? I have seen YouTube clips of the British one with Simon Cowell and Amanda Holden. Caleb's formerly unhappy home life appears to have made him sensitive to others who appear to be sad/unwanted/unloved. A friendship with Joshua, before Joshua meets Malcolm, might be just what Joshua needs. And I see Florence's son, Scott, has made his first appearance. Given his love of swimming, presumably regularly in public pools, he should be extra cautious with his penchant for sounding rods.
  20. Is field hockey popular in the USA too @Lee Wilson or just ice hockey? Is ice hockey a sport where a major player could come out as gay and it would be OK? Darren is certainly a patient lad, biding his time for a break. It appears his small stature is a disadvantage; is that because ice hockey is a rough sport?
  21. No surprises Aunt Daphne was universally disliked, as Louis so charmingly described her, a "profoundly disagreeable woman". I particularly liked this description of Aunt Daphne @Robert Hugill, positively Christie-esque. I cannot imagine Miss Marple saying it, but can imagine someone from St. Mary Mead describing a murder victim in such a manner. It appears Joss and perhaps Gloria are already suspicious of involvement in the murder of Aunt Daphne by Thomas Englert aka Franck de Leuw. I am too, but I don't think Uncle Graham can be ruled out entirely either. It is almost certain he is involved in some shady business dealings. Thomas Englert's visits to Louis may be entirely coincidental. If so, they are a bloody big coincidence. It seems there is no limits to your literary talents @Robert Hugill. You can now add murder mysteries to your list of accomplishments with this storyline riveting already.
  22. Summerabbacat

    Chapter 3

    It appears Luther and Raemande were at one time lovers, and the last time they spoke words between the two were heated, something Luther has regretted ever since. It is this regret which is propelling him forward to seek the wise counsel of Chandar, the Keeper of the Sword of Erasmus, a magical sword which has previously slayed dragons. I too am intrigued by the little chirping red robin @Mark Ponyboy Peters. Was it perhaps Lady Bump herself, Penny McLean the redhead vocalist with the German disco group Silver Convention, who had a massive @Summerabbacat adored hit single, Fly Robin Fly, in avian form. Upon leaving the village of Avonleeth Luther and Jamal travelled along and through a great river. Was it like the Rivers Of Babylon @Mark Ponyboy Peters? Were they carolled by the lush vocals of Liz Mitchell or the broad-shouldered Marcia Barrett, the only two members of German disco group, Boney M, who actually sang on their records (which @Summerabbacat also adored). Teutonic Erurodisco @drsawzall, one of disco's greatest sub-genres. Forget about noble knights @Mark Ponyboy Peters, what Luther and Jamal need are an army of drag queens. RuPaul, Alaska Thunderfuck, Bianca Del Rio and Trixie Mattel for starters. Septimus would be a whimpering weasel after those bitches got finished with him. Add little Aussie icon, Courtney Act, and he would be dead meat.
  23. Summerabbacat

    X Y or Z

    So many wonderful ABBA opportunities @Wombat Bill from Edwiener being a (Super) Trouper to Voulez-Vous to Gimme Gimme Gimme (A Man After Midnight). And I am very pleased Lucas has been exposed to listening to some real music and meeting some real people. Edward's offer to Raj to try on some of his gowns was one of kindness, and should have informed Raj that Edward meant no harm with his joke about blowing a tranny: “Really, you’d let me do that, I thought drag queens were very protective of their outfits” Normally Honey, but you’re now family and on a journey of self-discovery. Anything I can do to help would please me to the end of the runway”. I cannot let the opportunity pass to worship not only ABBA but Peggy too @Wombat Bill. I have seen this video before on a couple of occasions. Unfortunately the picture and sound quality is not great, but it offers some explanation as to why Frida has in recent years had some serious hip issues. She was an energetic performer live.
  24. Just how big is Slav's arse @Robert Hugill? Would it rival that of Bertha Butt, or her sisters Betty, Bella or Bathsheba? Irma showed once again what a remarkable young woman she is, her wise counsel allaying Slav's fears sufficiently for him to join in the frisbee throwing. I think Rory needs to worship those cakes slavishly to remove any doubt in Slav's mind, and whilst he is at it Rory will be enjoying himself immensely. The impending discussion of a new residence and the purchase thereof is something for we readers to look forward to as well as the family themselves. Perhaps it might be time to introduce one of your delightful female characters into the plot @Robert Hugill, another Lesley or Dawn. Elsie Carrington-Mayfair, a thirty-something honest real estate agent, born into a very wealthy family, whom she is somewhat estranged from. Known to her friends and colleagues alike as Chelsea Elsie, she takes a shine to the family and works tirelessly to help them find their dream home, and they welcome her into their family, something she has yearned for. Part of her estrangement from her family is because she is a dyke, and her girlfriend, Martina von Helsinborg, is a radical socialist feminist which does not sit well with Elsie's conservative family.
  25. Leo may just be waiting for Noah to catch up and get with the programme. Methinks Leo turned down a date with Luisa because he is not interested in dating a woman, although I guess she may be very unpleasant. A night of passion on the beach with Noah, with the sound of the waves rolling in and the smell of the fresh salty air, now that is what Leo desires.
×
×
  • Create New...