-
Posts
1,245 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
Stories
- Stories
- Story Series
- Story Worlds
- Story Collections
- Story Chapters
- Chapter Comments
- Story Reviews
- Story Comments
- Stories Edited
- Stories Beta'd
Blogs
Store
Help Center
Writing
Gallery
Events
Everything posted by BendtedWreath
-
I'll figure it out as I go along. The problem is less asking anyone for help on something rather than figuring out what exactly I am even asking for help about. 🤣 For example, @Zuri just made me aware that a user/author can be followed, but their author page can also be separately followed.
- 5,016 replies
-
- 4
-
-
-
-
- introduce yourself
- new members
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
I didn't realize that the author page could be separately followed as well. Thanks for that tip. And yes Fringe is entertaining. I also like weird shows like The OA, Manifest, Touch, The 3-Body Problem...my favorite shows and characters tend to be cancelled or killed.
- 5,016 replies
-
- 4
-
-
-
- introduce yourself
- new members
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
This isn't exactly urgent, but as a newbie, I just have to express how challenging it was to find the FAQ. My perspective was as follows: The tab on the top of the home screen leads to outdated information. But, there is this helpful link: https://gayauthors.org/faq/general/ which is not even pinned to the top of the actual "Help" Section of the forum: https://gayauthors.org/forums/forum/262-help/ I wish I had paid closer attention to the path I took to finally change my status from Author to Member, but it was nowhere near linear. 🤣 I suggest a more obvious FAQ link or button to be right at the top or the side of the Home page https://gayauthors.org/ and maybe above the Newsletter block on the Forums for good measure https://gayauthors.org/forums/
-
Changing that status was by far the weirdest experience I have encountered yet on this site. The @ feature? Discord and other apps have it, no problem. Likes, emojis, gifs? Easy peasy. Quoting? If you're familiar with forums, it hasn't changed. Following stories and figuring out which is the "recommend" button, not so easy (because there is apparently a home page for stories). Changing your status from Member to Author? 1. the FAQ gave outdated information. 2. I don't even know where I found it but there was a side menu somewhere on the right that gave a link to the status buttons. 3. Then, you have to pretend it's a purchase before the status updates. I think there are a couple of posts in different places about how to actually post a story, so I will look at those then whenever I have something to actually post. 🤣
- 5,016 replies
-
- 5
-
-
-
- introduce yourself
- new members
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
Wait, wait, wait...Lee, so I have YOU to thank for that "Next Chapter" being there on the end of multiple pages of comments? 🤣 As a newbie, I fully vouch that this feature has kept me on track and has been very helpful.
-
Between trying to figure out why my profile kept saying 80% complete, reading random stories, following fun banners that led me to Secret Author events, reading random blogs, and figuring out how to unlock story history so I didn't have to keep track of which chapter I left off on...I actually found it challenging to find THIS forum thread. I've already been greeted by several people already on the fly (and clicking on their names showed me how to navigate a bit [I'm looking at you, @chris191070]). However, I still have much to learn. This is a very welcoming lot, and I'm glad I followed a friend over here. Update: I found the FAQs on the upper tabs instead of the forum section. It's like it's been hiding from me this whole time.
- 5,016 replies
-
- 5
-
-
-
- introduce yourself
- new members
-
(and 1 more)
Tagged with:
-
Well then. We start with a funeral and end with gun fire.
-
I don't know whether to root for Kage getting himself get wrapped around Elijah's finger or not just yet.
-
"I once infiltrated a nefarious criminal organization and was kidnapped for my efforts." - Is how you can explain it to him.
-
Coughing to clear his lungs, Kage thumped his chest, dislodging the piece that was stuck. Fuck him every which way til Sunday. Sebastian MacTire was a wolf shifter. Not just any wolf shifter. He was the top-ranking Alpha among all animal shifters. - LMAO! 🤣
-
First of all, Sean, you do NOT tell someone who is driving that their parents just died! You insist that they come visit you in person before going anywhere else, and THEN you tell them in person. You never know if the person will pass out and hit the floor. As a person who had such news said to them both ways (over the phone and in person after parking a car in a garage and entering the house). I prefer the latter, thank you very much. Tyler's a good friend. I'm glad he's got Elijah's back. Now, to find out who killed his parents and why...along with who and what Kage is.
-
Get ready to be whisked away into a shifter world where the very act of shifting has become a great peril to the generally peaceful, tightly-knit wolf communities when one of their biggest fears becomes a reality, and their very young are kidnapped and trafficked. Will the Senary Sentinels be able to take down this nefarious criminal organization, and how far does their reach extend?
-
Those Spirit Wolves are going to be busy for many years to come. Sucks that the kids are still stuck in partial hybrid mode, but at least they are far better off than being used as playthings by the rich and twisted. I hope Elijah did find someone; he was a key player in their massive takedown. Overall, it was an excellent read from start to finish. I'm glad, for once, that my favorite character also didn't die! 🤣
-
"We'll do it," he answered without any further hesitation. - Reilly is just ready to take care of Vann and raise him as his own! 😂
-
That is indeed a lot responsibility on their shoulders. Merging packs, creating a new headquarters, hunting down the remaining trafficking sites...
-
I don't know where to begin. The battles were better than anything I had envisioned for this part of the story. I'm glad that the remaining pack members are cooperative, only aiding the heads due to the blackmailing of their own kids. I'm glad that isn't hanging over their heads anymore. Reilly reliving painful memories both while facing his brothers and at the end of the chapter within his room about his mom made me both enraged and sad.
-
So glad they found those kids!
-
Caleb, what are you doing over there?
-
“I know…but what if it goes wrong? I thought we had more time.” - That greedy pack wastes no time.
-
They infiltrated a little too successfully. They didn't give Elijah a chance to rest before they up and stole him.
-
“I hope so. I don’t know if I can tolerate another minute of smelling like a dorm bathroom after Taco Tuesday,” Elijah replied, only half jesting. - I know that smell SO well. So, so well. 🤣 “Will you see if you can halt yourself mid-shift, so it’s a hybrid of the two?” Sebastian requested. - I was wondering about that, too. I'm glad he can fake it.
-
Thank goodness Elijah's open to the whole plan. I hope nothing happens to them during their infiltrating.
-
“The US won’t be so bad. Plenty of wide open spaces and stupid humans. Plus most packs are spread out and the communication between them is, mmmm, lacking.”/“The whole fucking country is lacking if you ask me.” - As much as I hate to admit it, they have a point there. I'm glad they were overheard, though. One step closer.
-
They never directly mention pups or children. They use terms like ‘merchandise’ or ‘cargo.’ - Instant ire right there. Merchandise indeed. I can hardly wait for the gang to take them all down.
-
Sebastian's such a good and vigilant Alpha keeping an eye on everyone. Settling Kellan, settling Ben, and assessing Reilly. I also love how Sebastian and Reilly wasted no time behind closed doors. 😂
