Jump to content

Jack Poignet

Author
  • Posts

    486
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Jack Poignet

  1. Loved the story and the setting. The world building, the family descriptions etc. were almost a bit much for just one chapter… but I think I’ll be able to overlook this if more chapters follow…
  2. It is done. I've submitted the story with days to spare! (In the end, I simply did not include the main hero bursting into song every now and then, and the artisanal cheese making Minotaur with his ottoman lover (traditional upholstery!) were only mentioned once)
  3. If I don't get an extension, I'm pretty sure I'll finish it just in time. If I get an extension, I'm pretty sure I'll struggle even more to finish just in time... 🤷‍♂️ Currently, I'm hard at work editing and putting in some last new absurd bits... the story is >15k words now, BUT I WILL FINISH IN TIME!
  4. Oh, please. Jackalopes are just a poor fantasy rip-off of the (obviously existing) Bavarian Wolpertinger. No, I have totally ignored that (until now. I still have a few days) But I have added werewolves, because I just didn‘t have enough creatures fighting the enemy…
  5. I’m still working hard on editing my story… It’s just so damn long and very confusing. Vampire-Unicorns? Unicorn-Vampires? Penguins on Pepsi, Wiener Dogs… 🤪 But I’m hopeful I can make it in time...
  6. Jack Poignet

    Fire!

    Thanks a lot! It seems you are reading the stories in the newest to oldest order. Be prepared to noticed that I’m still developing my skills so the older the stories get … oh well 🤷‍♂️This one isn’t too bad.
  7. … reading through the comments I have a feeling people wouldn’t mind reading a sequel called “BigFangs” 🤔
  8. Interesting: I was "discussing" the story with Google's Gemini AI and it almost insists that I turn this into three "Epic Fantasy" books because the pacing is too tight and there's just too much going on and humor and drama is just too closely spaced together. But I wanted an extremely high powered story, over the top humor and drama telenovela. What's your opinion on this? Gemini has a point, but it's also missing the point? Anyway, I have started editing. Eirene gets hinted at much earlier, just when Mother first appeared at the Lodge. She's now also there in the village when they sacrifice the young witch, Sister Kate. Feels much better this way. Next, I'll look at everything Renato says or does, especially his words and actions concerning Valerius and their bond. What was your worst moment of "Eh, that could have been written better"?
  9. ❤️ I have so many other stories waiting to be written... a sequel will have to wait for now.
  10. Exactly. And being with Ariadne doesn't stop him from doing all the other things you mentioned!
  11. I haven't really pushed that storyline (there was just too much else going on) but I always planned/imagined Renato and Ariadne coming together.
  12. A shadow detached itself from the black pines and moved through a forgotten stretch of forest. Lord Valerius did not walk not with the caution of a trespasser, but with the venomous patience of a ruler forced to bend his knee. The humiliation of the valley was a physical acid in his gut. The peace that was forced upon him was a cage, and for days he had paced its invisible bars, tasting nothing but the ash of his own thwarted ambition. He had an eternity to wait, but patience had never been his
  13. @Seraph28Can’‘t finish it today, but tomorrow is likely.
  14. I’m trying to wrap up:/mention every major character in this last chapter and the epilogue … three are currently still missing
  15. Let’s just say i’ve changed my mind about some things and the epilogue is going to make several of my readers happy
  16. The silence was the first shock. The valley, which had rung with the shriek of tearing metal and the roars of the dying, was now utterly still, cushioned by a fresh blanket of snow that had fallen in the deepest hours of the night. The rising sun bled pale gold across the eastern ridge, casting long, blue shadows from the five great Guardian statues that watched from the cliffs, their stone forms impassive witnesses to the carnage below. The air, scoured clean by the cold, tasted of pine, b
  17. It’s great that you share your thoughts despite this story being almost finished by now. It still gives me valuable insights of my readers thoughts. Invaluable for editing/ the rewrite. Thanks!
  18. Ok. Good news... I actually have a plan for the last chapter and it's fully outlined. I'm pretty sure you won't have to wait two weeks or more. And maybe, just maybe, I give in to the pressure and let the ever popular Mother and Lord Valerius have another appearance...
  19. Btw. I was always planning to have some Spanish speaking person (maybe a really old returnee?) speak of “el Rey” when talking about Ray … but somehow I never found a convincing opportunity to do so. Anyway, that’s why Ray is called Ray.
  20. I hope that, now that the follow-up chapter is released, there was enough Gabriel and Ray in it (and little Timmy!)
  21. Having released the next two chapters now, I hope your questions have been sufficiently answered.
  22. Jack Poignet

    Chapter 6

    Maybe buy some more then? I recommend jockstraps
  23. @Seraph28 While I do appreciate it when the villains get what they deserve, you only get rid of them as an author when you're absolutely sure you don't want them in a possible sequel ... I'm not saying I'm planning one, but I did enjoy writing about these characters way too much. 🤷‍♂️ The next chapter might take a week or two to write ... I don't even have the slightest idea how to wrap this up.
  24. The roar of battle was gone. In its place, within the shimmering, invisible bubble of force that had erupted around them, was a stretched, distorted symphony of death. For Rafael and Lord Valerius, time had twisted. The world beyond their invisible prison slowed to a horrifying, balletic crawl, replacing the previous image of their certain death with the agonizing reality of their here and now in ultra-slow motion. The silence within their sanctuary made the carnage outside all the more obs
  25. Jack Poignet

    In Control

    FYI. I actually have recently picked up this story again on my Patreon, revised and extended the first five chapters I have posted on here (Jake now is definitely a love interest) and have started to add other chapters. The story will probably be > 50k words and it's definitely horror. I'll inform you when it's published as a book.
×
×
  • Create New...