-
Posts
486 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
Stories
- Stories
- Story Series
- Story Worlds
- Story Collections
- Story Chapters
- Chapter Comments
- Story Reviews
- Story Comments
- Stories Edited
- Stories Beta'd
Blogs
Store
Help Center
Writing
Gallery
Events
Everything posted by Jack Poignet
-
I believe unicorn vampires are created when one of those vicious unicorn beasts bites an innocent vampire and then… under certain conditions … the vampire turns. It’s a rather tragic thing to witness, really!
-
Of course not! Where'd be the fun in that? It uses the horn to slash the victim's throat. Vampires always go for the throat! Everything else would be totally unrealistic!
-
Anyone here who read this chapter after reading Lightbringer: Fireborn? You might have a different question...
-
You mean not all my readers live in Munich, Germany? Shocking! Why didn't anyone tell me... NOLA = New Orleans, Louisiana
-
Doh! Then I'll have to come up with something different... I think I remember in the Secret Author discussions there was talk about a unicorn vampire... hmmm... what would I do with something like that....
-
Eirene. The name echoed in Muriel’s mind, a shard of bitter irony. The ancient Greeks had named their goddess of peace after a concept they rarely achieved, a fleeting state between endless wars. She glanced sideways at her twin, the sister she had met only hours before. There was no peace in the lines of that familiar, strange face, only a quiet born of old sorrows, a stillness forged in a world that had never offered her safety. Muriel watched Eirene. The hall smelled of life. To her
- 10 comments
-
- 41
-
-
-
-
I have a (somewhat) suitable short story on my Patreon (now rebranded as strictly "gay erotica"). I wonder if I should submit that one 🤔
-
Act III - A Whole New World
Jack Poignet commented on Jack Poignet's story chapter in Act III - A Whole New World
I'm pretty sure the story will be proper Novel length with over 90k words (it's hard to miss that goal ), and at least 4 chapters more. I'm not so sure about the length of each chapter. -
Act III - A Whole New World
Jack Poignet commented on Jack Poignet's story chapter in Act III - A Whole New World
It took me a few weeks to figure out how to move the players more or less convincingly to the final conflict and wrap up all the lose ends/show all players again/bring justice to most. I knew from the start what the solution would be, so that was helpful. I guess you can say the way forward is only logical … if your logic is based on too many telenovellas -
Act III - A Whole New World
Jack Poignet commented on Jack Poignet's story chapter in Act III - A Whole New World
In my defense I wish to say that it was clear from the start that there must be (at least) one other child of Rafael, otherwise the contract between him and Mother would not have been fulfilled. This is not totally random (says the man who randomly introduced another character ) It also makes you think about the line of succession… -
The air in the Great Hall had grown stale over the past week. It was a thick, heavy thing, smelling of too many sleepless bodies, and a lingering fear that had settled into the very stones. The great central hearth, usually a roaring symbol of the Lodge’s heart, was a sullen bed of coals, providing a grudging light that did little to warm the huddled groups of shifters scattered throughout the cavernous space. The usual thrum of pack life had been replaced by a strained, fragile quiet, punctuate
- 12 comments
-
- 39
-
-
-
-
-
-
Act III - Anything Goes
Jack Poignet commented on Jack Poignet's story chapter in Act III - Anything Goes
I'll try to publish Mondays and Thursday from now on (there aren't many chapters left) Next chapter "A Whole New World" is dropping tomorrow. -
Act I - The Music Of The Night
Jack Poignet commented on Jack Poignet's story chapter in Act I - The Music Of The Night
Just a warning: The tone will shift dramatically. The next acts will be escalating drama with very little humor. -
Act III - Anything Goes
Jack Poignet commented on Jack Poignet's story chapter in Act III - Anything Goes
I swear little Timmy just had a very difficult transformation to human and is a normal shifter otherwise. But we will see him again and he has a small role to play. (Maybe he sacrifices himself to buy the fleeing shifters some time? Would you like that? 🤔) Ariadne is already where she is supposed to end up. Seriously, the only question I have left right now while writing is: What is the exact fate of Mother? -
Act III - Anything Goes
Jack Poignet commented on Jack Poignet's story chapter in Act III - Anything Goes
Yes, I‘m making it my priority to finish the story as soon as possible. Updates at least once a week, maybe twice a week. My other story „Lightbringer:Fireborn“ just completed, now I can concentrate on BigPaws. -
Act III - Anything Goes
Jack Poignet commented on Jack Poignet's story chapter in Act III - Anything Goes
I‘m afraid there really won‘t be any downtime to make a „non-cliffhanger“ ending to a chapter from now on as I have to switch back and forth between the different groups until the climax. -
Armored boots cracked like breaking bones against ancient stone. “MOVE, YOU ROTTING CORPSES!” The captain’s roar shredded the air, his fury not centuries old but millennia, burning like acid in his throat. Obsidian blades ripped free, weapon racks splintering under desperate hands. Whetstones screamed across steel, vomiting white-hot sparks that sizzled against exposed flesh. Pandemonium. Vampires, unchallenged for centuries, snarled and collided, fingers breaking then healing as
- 18 comments
-
- 43
-
-
-
-
-
Act III - Master Of The House
Jack Poignet commented on Jack Poignet's story chapter in Act III - Master Of The House
Yes, yes... I know you all wait for the next chapter (at least I hope you still do 😅 ). Give me another few hours to polish and publish... latest tomorrow, I promise! I had quite a hard time figuring out a way forward... -
Act I - I Dreamed A Dream
Jack Poignet commented on Jack Poignet's story chapter in Act I - I Dreamed A Dream
That's just Act I. Act II will be "normal" ... well, kind of. -
Act I - Live And Let Die
Jack Poignet commented on Jack Poignet's story chapter in Act I - Live And Let Die
It's a mostly Norwegian/Icelandic name. Yes, it does exist -
The scream was torn from Amélie’s throat—a sound of pure shock and violation—at the same instant the withered black feather settled on their doorstep. The attack was not a slow creep; it was a thunderclap. The wards they had woven into the walls surged with a deep, resonant thrum, a protective heartbeat answering her cry as a brutal, spiritual force seized her womb. Etienne was inside the room in a heartbeat, his face ashen. He reached her just as her knees buckled. “It’s him,” Marie c
- 10 comments
-
- 22
-
-
-
The Fortress of Flesh and Stone
Jack Poignet commented on Jack Poignet's story chapter in The Fortress of Flesh and Stone
That's not how it will happen. I've actually just saved a first version of the next (and final) chapter. It's gonna be a lengthy one ...over 7k words. I can try to post it in a few hours... Doh, actually, I don't want to wait. With "only one chapter in 24h" I'm sure they meant per day and well, it's kind of the next day anyway. -
Mid-November, 1788 The word hung in the air between them, a shard of ice. Soon. A terrible silence descended on the cavernous entrance hall, a pressurized hush that seemed to push the lantern light back into itself. Amélie could hear the frantic beat of her own heart, the rasp of Marie’s breathing as she leaned heavily on her for support, and the low, mournful moan of the wind through the skeletal upper floors. The ugly, weeping stain on the wall seemed to darken in the lantern
- 3 comments
-
- 14
-
-
-
-
-
Late October, 1788 The moan from the corner of the stone room did not stir Brother Mathias. Before him, on the rough table, the world was remade. A crucifix lay beside a circle of chicken bones. A bowl of murky water, thick with crushed herbs and what looked like rust, sat next to the open pages of a European grimoire, De Sanguine et Spiritu. In his hands, he held a small, crude doll of stitched sackcloth and Spanish moss, a lock of grey hair sewn onto its head. He was drawing h
- 2 comments
-
- 17
-
-
-
-
-
-
Loved the story. Gave me an idea for another one … Thanks SA!
