-
Posts
486 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
Stories
- Stories
- Story Series
- Story Worlds
- Story Collections
- Story Chapters
- Chapter Comments
- Story Reviews
- Story Comments
- Stories Edited
- Stories Beta'd
Blogs
Store
Help Center
Writing
Gallery
Events
Everything posted by Jack Poignet
-
Act III - You'll Never Walk Alone
Jack Poignet commented on Jack Poignet's story chapter in Act III - You'll Never Walk Alone
I’m glad you liked the chapter. I was a bit unsure of it but after all the drama of act 2, I wanted to get to the action as fast as possible … and I apologise for any possible inconsistencies, I was finishing this on a train back from a weekend in Berlin. I may or may not have been slightly hung over 🤷♂️ -
Act III - You'll Never Walk Alone
Jack Poignet commented on Jack Poignet's story chapter in Act III - You'll Never Walk Alone
Really? I thought Ray would find Gabriel, see that he’s happy, go back to the shifters and marry Muriel. Rafael and Mother would get back together, it was all a big misunderstanding. Brynjar would get the Queen and Renato, as reward for his good services, would be allowed to keep little Timmy as self-replenishing food supply. But you say Ray should get Gabriel? Doh, that completely messes up my plan … -
Act III - You'll Never Walk Alone
Jack Poignet commented on Jack Poignet's story chapter in Act III - You'll Never Walk Alone
Just a quick info: The ability that Vampires can transform into mist, bats and wolves isn’t something I just made up myself, but “normal” for vampires (at least in some traditions). -
The Lodge thrummed with unspoken alarms, but the wolf moved like a whisper—calm, forgettable, already dismissed. He carried himself with an odd, unassuming grace. Not skulking in shadows like a thief, but trotting plainly down the hallway with his head at a neutral tilt, his gaze fixed on some unremarkable point in the distance. When two tense shifters passed, their eyes flicked over him and slid off, snagged by more urgent worries. He let them. He tried to be utterly, profoundly uninterest
- 11 comments
-
- 51
-
-
-
-
-
The small, airless room Brother Mathias used for private consultations near the struggling remnants of the parish offices was shrouded in the deep twilight of late May. A single beeswax candle cast the room in an eerie gloom. It deepened the cracks in the rough wooden walls, illuminating Mathias’s still, composed features as he listened. Opposite him, Clothilde Chênier vibrated with a contained, furious energy, her usually neat coif askew, her face flushed, her hands twisting the worn wooden bea
- 2 comments
-
- 16
-
-
-
-
-
Ok Kids, time to runaround… Some interesting guesses and suggestions here. Even though I have the rough storyline, I might add/change a few things now, based on you guesses. Its gonna be roughly another 10 chapter (plus/minus five) before I say: Here‘s the right answer! (I actually had to google the American lines of this show, as I only know the German Version „Ob ihr wirklich richtig steht, seht ihr wenn das Licht angeht“. )
-
Gabriel kills the Queen? May I gently quote the original lines from Macbeth? "...for none of woman born Shall harm Macbeth." Turns out Macduff was born via Cesarean section. Or Lord of the Rings where the Nazgul couldn't be killed by a man... well, she was no man. So, when the prophesy here is "...for none alive Shall harm the Queen.”, who could it be? Yay, I sound like a lecturing jerk :D Sorry, it doesn't matter, just enjoy the upcoming show !
-
Haven’t you heard/read the prophecy? It’s not gonna be Gabriel who goes for her throat… Cheers
-
... and just in case you're sick of the witches' antics: No worries, so am I. And I'm the one who writes this story... muuuharhar
-
No worries, Act II is over, now we return to the action …
-
A single, unnatural green light battled the oppressive blackness. A sudden, sharp shriek echoed, followed by the frantic flutter of unseen wings. The clear silhouette of a severed head, helmeted with visor down, stared out from the flickering green before a swarm of bats momentarily obscured it. Monstrous, elongated shadows writhed upon the rough-hewn walls. Then, the sickly light briefly illuminated the small, pale form of a child, with a dark, weeping red stain blooming vividly on it
- 15 comments
-
- 39
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
One can always hope …. 🤔
-
The pain was a relentless maelstrom, dragging Amélie under. Each cramp that seized her abdomen felt like it was tearing her child away, bit by bit. She lay curled on the rough wooden floorboards, teeth clenched against the sobs that threatened to overwhelm her, one hand pressed fiercely to her belly, as if her will alone could hold him there. The bleeding had worsened, a slow, sickening seep that stained her skirts and spread across the rough floorboards beneath her. A cold dread confirmed what
- 3 comments
-
- 17
-
-
-
-
Act II - Part Of Your World
Jack Poignet commented on Jack Poignet's story chapter in Act II - Part Of Your World
Oddly enough, I never actually meant to write a cliffhanger. Act 1 ended with Ray‘s transformation, Act 2 ends with Timmy‘s transformation. Admittedly, I left out the gritty details, but that‘s all. In Act 3 it‘s already done. -
Kind of…
-
The fiery face of the witch and the column of magical flame vanished like a final, contemptuous flicker sucked into a deep vacuum. An even deeper, more terrifying silence pierced the throne room. Phantom echoes rang in their ears, the stinging scent of ozone assaulted their noses and the cold ashes of deceit. The throne room felt like a tomb after the Coven’s fiery pronouncement had vanished. The thick silence was choked with unspoken fears. Rafael stood like a man turned to stone, his face
- 10 comments
-
- 47
-
-
-
-
-
-
I have something better in mind… 🤫
-
Act II - The Point Of No Return
Jack Poignet commented on Jack Poignet's story chapter in Act II - The Point Of No Return
Let‘s just say I grew up on fairytales of the Brothers Grimm 🤷♂️ Great, that you‘re enjoying this story. And thanks for „repaying“ me by leaving all the likes on the chapters , you‘re very kind ❤️ -
Late May’s unyielding sun of pressed down on New Orleans like a heavy, humid fist. It baked the new bricks of structures slowly clawing their way from the ashes and drew a feverish dampness from earth still dark and wet from recent floods. Nearly a month had passed since Etienne and Amélie had stood over Maison Noir’s foundation, a shared hope and a buried secret between them. The city’s wounds were raw, but stitching themselves closed with the frantic sound of hammers; within the Chênier h
- 6 comments
-
- 15
-
-
-
-
Act II - The Point Of No Return
Jack Poignet commented on Jack Poignet's story chapter in Act II - The Point Of No Return
You‘re doing way better than me, I always seem to write what people want me to write. That being said, I swear that I have already written the next chapter and @Darryl62’s wishes have nothing to do with it!!! -
Act II - The Point Of No Return
Jack Poignet commented on Jack Poignet's story chapter in Act II - The Point Of No Return
I‘m afraid the next chapter is only about Ray and little Timmy. but after that, there’s an interlude and then we‘re already in Act III. Things will get more interesting -
Act II - The Point Of No Return
Jack Poignet commented on Jack Poignet's story chapter in Act II - The Point Of No Return
As an author, I always worry that I fail to write in a way that the readers can „get“, that they get why I write some things ... the emotions, the character development etc. That why I love your comments. @VBlew just did a lovely summary that showed me that I somewhat succeeded. Of course, that doesn’t mean that his theories about the future development are any more correct than those of @akascrubber or @drsawzall 😱 -
The silence in their suite was a raw, gaping wound. It had only been an hour, maybe less, since Rafael’s strained voice had finally dismissed Mother, since her chilling presence had finally, blessedly, lifted from the Lodge. An hour since the immediate, chaotic aftermath of her truths, her departure, had momentarily overshadowed the even greater, more personal devastation: Gabriel was gone. He lay curled on Gabriel’s side of the bed, cheek pressed into a pillow that still held the faintest,
- 12 comments
-
- 42
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
@chris191070, @long1jo, @drsawzall, @Tris, @VBlew, @Freemantleman and @Bft, Thanks for all the kind words! After some deliberation I‘ve changed the status from „Complete“ to „Long Term Hold“. The next two chapters are well in my head, so should be written fairly soon. The big question is if/where this should be heading after that…
-
If this is hot, then I‘m wondering how you‘ll find the rest of the story … 🤔 Enjoy
