Jump to content
    Aditus
  • Author
  • 590 Words
  • 730 Views
  • 14 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Sharp Shorts - 3. Threespirit

Flying was addictive. Gaining or maintaining altitude using thermals, then slowly gliding downward, only to catch another one and do everything again and again is thrilling. Tiryrth had warned me when he showed me how to recognize upwind. Soaring could let you forget everything; even make you ignore obvious signs of exhaustion.

I overdid it. My muscles screamed at me at the top of their lungs; everything hurt. Where is the landing platform of the eyrie? There! Thrusting my legs forward, I grabbed the edge with my claws and threw my body forward, flapping my wings. With my last ounce of strength, I push myself forward, but my left foot slipped, and I couldn’t hold on and slammed down on my stomach. I almost threw up. My butt was hanging over the edge. I propelled my tail wildly in a weak attempt to slow my gliding over the rim. Soon I would plummet to my death, and Tiryrth wasn’t anywhere close to saving me. Maybe it’s good he doesn’t have to see this. Finally, my hind paws caught on the edge. Lurching forward, I scrambled away. Panting, I lay flat on the cool stone. Then my gaze fell on my legs... fur ... instead of scales, and instead of dragon claws, there were wolf paws. In fact, I was in my wolf form. It was impossible. Tiryrth had explained to me that in becoming his mate, I had to give up my wolf. Dragons always mate with dragons. I had to hide; he couldn’t see me like this.

“I saw that.”

Too late. “Tiryrth, I’m sorry, I don’t know what happened....”

He sat down beside me and patted my head. “You overdid it, again. This time you almost died.”

“Maybe I should have died. My wolf is back. I’m so sorry.”

“I can see that.” He scratched my ears. “Shh. Don’t fret.”

“B-but you said I have to let go of my wolf to be a dragon and your mate.”

“You are a dragon, see?” He pointed at my belly. My vulnerable underside was still protected by dragon scales. “We only mate dragons. When we were hunted down to a small number, too small to find our mate among our own species, the Great Dragon, the father of all dragons, decided to bestow on selected beings a small part of his undying soul. You’re my mate; the Great Dragon deemed you worthy to become one of his subjects, but you already belonged to the moon goddess. She gave you a wolf spirit when you were born. Obviously, she wasn’t ready to let you go entirely. I’ve only seen this one time in my very long life.”

”That the dragon soul didn’t take?”

He hissed. “You are a dragon. When I saw the little amount of fur around your claws after your first change I already guessed you might be one of the very rare three spirits.”

“Three spirits?”

“Human, wolf, and dragon. I guess they made a deal.”

“A deal?” I leaned into his hand.

“The goddess let you become a dragon, only if you could keep your wolf.”

“This other three spirit you met, was it a wolf too?”

“No, she was a fox, dragon, and human.”

“So, I’m a threesome?” I tilted my head to the side.

He slapped my behind. “Change, so I can hear your voice not only in my head. We need to pack.”

“Pack?”

“We travel to the city tomorrow. I am summoned to be a judge at the Species High Court.”

:thankyou: to @Valkyrie for her extra speedy editing.
Another snippet of Tiryrth and his wolf mate. They may have a cameo appearance coming up in the next chapter of my new story .
Any reaction and/or comment are always welcome.
Thank you,
~Addy
Copyright © 2022 Aditus; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 3
  • Love 14
  • Wow 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

  • Site Administrator

It's always great seeing these guys!  They need their own, longer story 😁

  • Love 1
  • Wow 1
  • Fingers Crossed 2
Link to comment

A very big thanks for posting this new chapter!  Back in June I started reading the story and loved it. I had forgotten that I had read chpts. 1 and 2, but fortunately I was following the story.  I read chpt. 3, then decided to write a story comment and read the first two chapters.  I got less than a paragraph into chapter one and realized I knew the story including chpt. 2. I understand the long gap was probably due to the tremendous work you put into this year's anthology.  I do appreciate that work very much.  This year's anthology was great.  I am glad that you are now back to this story and anticipate many new chapters. 

I did like the revelation that  Gramps/Dad is a very special three spirit.  Are we ever going to know his name? 🤔

  • Love 2
Link to comment
2 hours ago, raven1 said:

I understand the long gap was probably due to the tremendous work you put into this year's anthology.  I do appreciate that work very much.  This year's anthology was great. 

Thank you, Terry. Actually I'm currently writing the last chapters of the sister story, The Cat Burglar.

I did like the revelation that  Gramps/Dad is a very special three spirit.  Are we ever going to know his name?

:) I had fun with not telling the wolf's name, but I think we might get to know his name soon. 

  • Love 2
Link to comment
9 hours ago, George Richard said:

Looking forward to seeing these characters again!   

I do what I can, it's fun to think of snippets of their life. 

  • Love 2
Link to comment
2 hours ago, Aditus said:

Thank you, Terry. Actually I'm currently writing the last chapters of the sister story, The Cat Burglar.

I did like the revelation that  Gramps/Dad is a very special three spirit.  Are we ever going to know his name?

:) I had fun with not telling the wolf's name, but I think we might get to know his name soon. 

The Cat Burglar is a great story and I'm enjoying it immensely. I'm not sure what you mean about the sister story.  Is this going to tie in somewhere with The Cat burglar?  I am really anticipating  these stories, so write on!  😁

  • Love 2
Link to comment
1 hour ago, raven1 said:

Is this going to tie in somewhere with The Cat burglar? 

Yep. One doesn't have to read both stories, it's just the same world.

  • Love 2
Link to comment
3 hours ago, Aditus said:

Thank you, Terry. Actually I'm currently writing the last chapters of the sister story, The Cat Burglar.

I did like the revelation that  Gramps/Dad is a very special three spirit.  Are we ever going to know his name?

:) I had fun with not telling the wolf's name, but I think we might get to know his name soon. 

Wait...the last chapters? 

 Sesame Street Reaction GIF by Muppet Wiki

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
2 minutes ago, raven1 said:

Wait...the last chapters? 

I wrote the first chapter in 2021, it was meant to become an anthology story, but alas,  too many ideas jumped around in my head. I expanded the first chapter in January 2022.  Due to the fact I'm writing in my second language my stories tend to be  on the shorter side, this, and I'm too impatient to spin epic stories. I write series if I have to say more. This time, everything could  be developed into a world.

Sorry No Idea GIF by VfL Wolfsburg

 

  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
27 minutes ago, Aditus said:

I wrote the first chapter in 2021, it was meant to become an anthology story, but alas,  too many ideas jumped around in my head. I expanded the first chapter in January 2022.  Due to the fact I'm writing in my second language my stories tend to be  on the shorter side, this, and I'm too impatient to spin epic stories. I write series if I have to say more. This time, everything could  be developed into a world.

Sorry No Idea GIF by VfL Wolfsburg

 

Since I have been following you, I did know that English is not your first language.  Your English in stories impress me a lot, since I have taught many students whose first language is not English.  The stories themselves impress me even more.  I like that you are taking a risk by expanding your talent and skills even more to create this new world.  I don't think you need it, but I am wishing you the best!  Looking forward to your new adventures in writing!

Terry

  • Love 3
Link to comment

Another near death experience? I’ll look forward to the next since it seems inevitable that there will be one. 🤨

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment
9 hours ago, Dan South said:

Another near death experience? I’ll look forward to the next since it seems inevitable that there will be one. 🤨

As soon I have time I'll write the next chapter, it's going to be um... nicer.

I didn't realize what I did to the poor wolf, before you mentioned it.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
11 hours ago, Story Reader said:

Three spirits? WOW! How special is that! (No that was not a question! lol)

*snort*

Imagine all the inner bickering, though.

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..