Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Four Letter Words - 6. BEEF

“We used to be friends!” I yelled at my attacker, as he slammed my head into the locker. The impact sent me into a daze, so I could barely hear his response.
 
“Yeah, used to. I got serious fucking beef with you. We have some serious issues.”
 
“Do it!” yelled one of his friends.
 
“Hit him again.” another piped up.
 
“This is hilarious!” added another.
 
“This is all a misunderstanding, just let me explain it to you, Lester. Please. I’m begging you.”
 
He let go of me and I could see him thinking about it. After only a few seconds, which seemed like an eternity, he rolled his eyes. “Come on Martin, in here.” he pushed me towards the nearby bathroom. He pointed to his friends, “Keep an eye out, in case things don’t work out for our buddy here.”
 
They smiled and nodded, the blood drained from my face. What have I just done? I can’t change my mind now, so let’s just hope for the best. This would either turn out well or I’d leave in a body bag. Either way, this torturous life would be over, so, silver lining, right?
 
I entered the bathroom first, with him holding me by the scruff of my neck. Unfortunately, I suppose, the bathroom was empty. He threw me into the sinks. I hit my stomach hard and it pushed out all the air from my lungs. He roughly flipped me around so I was facing him again. He grabbed me by the front of my neck and pushed me back, so my back was touching the faucet and my head was touching the wall.
 
“Speak. Quickly. Before I regret doing this.”
 
“Well, uh, you know…” I was sweating bullets. I’m not the most articulate guy at the best of times, and this situation was downright awful. “...you know, your mom, right?”
 
“Tread carefully.” He glared at me, eyes filling with hate. He pushed down on me more. The faucet was starting to press painfully into my back and my head was being forced against the wall even more now.
 
“I… I didn’t know! I swear.”
 
“What do you mean you didn’t know? Seems like a very specific thing to say to me. Almost no one knew she had died.”
 
“I swear I didn’t.”
 
He pressed down harder. The pain in my back was getting almost unbearable. I winced in pain.
 
“Your new buddies told me, I swear. They must have been jealous about how close we used to be and wanted to cut me out, or something. I’m telling the truth!”
 
He eased up a little bit. “Which one told you? I only told one of them.”
 
“Winston. It was Winston that told me.”
 
“Son of a fucking bitch. You’re telling the truth, aren’t you?”
 
“Yeah, man.”
 
“Fuck.” He said, as he let go of me.
 
I gasped a sigh of relief as I began to stretch my back, to try and stop the pain. “Look, I’m really sor-”
 
“Don’t apologize. I’m the idiot in all of this. I should have seen it coming. Can we be friends again?”
 
“I think that’s something we can do.” I smiled at him.
 
He smiled back, but just for a moment. His face hardened and I felt my stomach jump. He just looked at me and told me, “Whatever you do, stay here.”
 
I just nodded. He turned around and walked out. I could hear the exchange through the door.
 
“Hey man, did you teach that bitch a less-”
 
Smack.
 
“Dude, what the fuck?”
 
Slam.
 
“Yeah, you run away, you little bitch. The three of you, never fucking look at me or Mitchell again. Do you understand?”
 
After a moment, presumably filled with silent nods. “Damn right, not get your asses out of here. I’m going to go hang out with my friend.”
Copyright © 2014 advocatus diaboli; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 4
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I'm not exactly sure what happened there but knowing nobody ended in a body bag is good enough. Thanks for another 4 letter word.

Link to comment

Seems like Lester caught on to an important truth, not all the people who are "friendly" are truly friends. He is well rid of this latest bunch. Fortunately he figured it out before doing something irreversible, Well done.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..