Jump to content
    Andr0gene
  • Author
  • 1,414 Words
  • 3,310 Views
  • 7 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Confounded: Part II - 50. Chapter 50

CHAPTER 50 --==Mitchel’s POV==--


I woke just before the alarm, silencing it right as it was about to go off. 4:59am. Beside me, Taylan softly continued his slumber, not even waking. Watching him for a minute, I couldn't help but reach over and move a lock of hair that had fallen on his closed eye; he reacted somewhat with a sigh.

He'd told me all of the Jay episode after the boys had gone to sleep and I'd resolved to have a little conversation with Kit before they left for the warehouse this morning. Combined with his recent behavior, I wouldn't put it past him to pay Tom's brother a visit and give him a piece of his mind. Or worse.

His commitment to Tom was admirable but at the same time it was a source of worry for me; it appeared to be an all-consuming be-all-end-all relationship, possibly from both sides. While I was very happy for him, I also saw it change him and not necessarily for the better.
Making as little movement as possible so as to not disturb Tay, I rose and threw on a T-shirt, then padded over to the door as quietly as I could and made my way to the kitchen. As I arrived there, I heard the alarm sound from the other side of the house, in Tom's room. Right on time.

Making coffee, I waited; usually, Kit didn't take long to appear after waking and I snickered when I heard a door open and close. True to form he appeared within the next half minute, surprised to see me up this early. I usually rose an hour later.

"Dad! You're up early. Couldn't sleep?"

"I slept fine, son. Tom coming?"

"Not yet; I was getting him a coffee. He needs a bit of time, he's not used to getting up this early."
He made his way over to the coffeemaker, getting two mugs from the cabinet. I watched as he poured two cups, adding cream to his own.

"Good. That allows me some time to talk to you about..."
Before I could finish the sentence, he cut in.

"I'm sorry about yesterday, dad. I really am. I didn't mean to be arrogant to the guys."

"A topic I'd like to expand on, in a minute, but that's not the main reason," I smiled, taking a sip. "I wanted to talk to you about Jay. What’s Tom gonna do, you think?”

“Nothing,” he answered, confidently. “He promised Tay he won’t. But I’m pretty sure he’ll kill him, if he ever sees Jay again, promises or not…even Tay can’t hold him back then.”

“Mhm. And that may very well happen. This is not over, yet. Do you think you can keep his temper in check?”

“Yes.”
I raised an eyebrow. He was so sure of himself. it was a new thing, and worrying.
“I can. I know I can. I know him.”
It caused me to smile.

“I believe it. He’s letting you lead, isn’t he? He’s sharing himself?”

“He better, or we’re gonna have to have a little conversation,” he grinned. “Yeah. He’s sharing. Then, more serious, "trust me; I can hold him back, if it ever comes to a confrontation with Jay.”
I searched his face, gauging him.

“And what about you?”

“What about me?”

“What will you do, if you were to ever see Jay?”

“Have Tom watch as I kill him?” He answered, flippantly, but deflated when I raised the eyebrow higher. “Nothing. You know that, Dad. I’ll stare him to death, though.”
At that, I smirked. He would.

“I’m sure you will. Just don’t underestimate Tom. He’s just like his uncle; there’s a part that is unpredictable.”
It caused Kit to grin.

“Tay is unpredictable? To you?”
I hesitated.

“Yes. Even to me. Taylan and I…”
I stopped short there. And for the first time, in a long while, I felt a little uncomfortable. This was a conversation happening far too early in the day and probably far too soon for him. But...
“Perhaps…I shouldn’t say this, but the reason things work so well between us, Tay and me, is because of the unpredictability. He always surprises me. Every day.”

“Dad…”

“No. I think you need to hear this. Kit, every day I go down on my knees, so…fucking glad he’s still with me.”
His eyes widened upon hearing me drop the F-bomb.
“Why do you think I married him? When we finally could, I jumped at the chance. But that was pure selfishness.”

“He loves you too, dad,” he said, confused. “You know that. He said ‘yes’ for the same reasons.”

“Yes, I do. And that was selfishness on his part, as well. We link, in ways I never thought possible. But it scares me, to think that you may have the same with Tom. You're so young, and already so…confident…do you understand what I’m saying? So willing to drown in him, you first lover. Sexual relationships can be...tricky. They can make you think things that, in the clear light of day, in the end, aren't really there.”

I saw the blush creep up his cheeks; he knew that I knew they were intimate, obviously, but to have your dad say that out loud…y’know…I got his discomfort. If my dad had ever spoken to me about it, I'd have cringed too.

“Listen. Tom and Tay; they are the same. They’re like kids. At times, you’ll want to strangle them, because they’re being difficult. They seem to view life as a game and sometimes, pulling them back from that…it’s very hard, but necessary. The Slattery’s…they’re not easy. They will give you a run for your money and you better be willing to give it all up, just to be with them. Be very sure, whichever you choose; love em or let them go. I see you going for Tom, so hard, so complete…like there is no one else. No room for anyone else.”

He swallowed audibly but kept silent.

“I’m not saying this because I don’t want you two to be together. I'm saying this because I am noting some changes in you, which brings me to yesterdays' mishap. Time for the tough love part of this talk. You were arrogant. Aloof. Where is it coming from, Kit? Because I don't like it one bit and it's not you. Not the you I know you to be. Or knew..."

"Dad, I..."
I indicated he should keep quiet by bringing my index finger and thumb together; he closed his mouth.

"Want to know what I think? I think it's because you're evolving in this relationship. Determining your role in it; who leads, who follows. Your needs, his needs, both sexually and mentally. Which is fine. Find out. Experiment. But can I ask a favor?"
He nodded but didn't look me in the eye.
"Keep that where it belongs; in private. It's between you and him. Don't take it with you to work. Understood?"
I tried gaining eye-contact by lowering my head a bit, waiting.
"I asked you a question."

"Yes sir."
Progress. But he still didn't look me in the eye.

"Thank you. We're done, tough talk over."

Now he did raise his head. And met my gaze.

"I'm sorry."

"Apology accepted."

I sent him a smile, just to show I wasn't mad with him. And without a word he took a step and wrapped his arms around my neck, hugging me tight. In return, I squeezed him to me.

"Now go bring that brat his coffee. You better get on the road soon."

"Will do. Thanks dad."

**********

I was tempted to hop back into bed and cuddle up to Tay. Maybe fool around a bit, but one glance at the alarm told me that if I were to do that, I'd definitely be late into the office myself. Taking a mental rain check I quickly showered and dressed; by the time I came back into the kitchen, I could hear the roar of Kit's car as he backed it up and drove off.

Looking at my watch, I saw that they'd better hurry or they wouldn't make it in time before shift start and I made a mental note to contact Duncan later today, to see how the boys were doing.

I felt glad to have had that conversation with Kit. I hoped he did too. But somehow I knew he did.
He was a good kid.

Papa lays down the law!
andr0gene 2005-present
  • Like 26
  • Love 12
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Story Discussion Topic

  1. Stories Discussion Forum

    This is the place to talk about stories from anyone but our Signature, Classic or Promising Authors. They have their own forum for that.
    No solicitation or commercial postings without prior approval.

    36.7k
    posts
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Mitch is a wonderful parent and partner. He knows when to push and when to take a step back. He chooses his battles carefully and makes amends when he oversteps. Kit will learn from the best example how to be a good boyfriend to Tom, who needs support and love, but not an overprotective or overdominant partner. A little dominance, especially in bed :P , will be fine, but Tom is clever and strong-willed, and Mitch is right about him being like Tay and able to do the unexpected, both good and bad.

Welcome back, and please stay this time. We've missed you and the story. :yes:  

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment

Yeah, 7 years is a bit long; even George R.R. Martin writes faster, lol! But...another story is also in the works, and close to finished. So I'll publish that after this, or perhaps even simultaneously. I prefer to finish it though, considering my track record on this one. ;) 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
4 hours ago, Andr0gene said:

Yeah, 7 years is a bit long; even George R.R. Martin writes faster, lol! But...another story is also in the works, and close to finished. So I'll publish that after this, or perhaps even simultaneously. I prefer to finish it though, considering my track record on this one. ;) 

 

Hi Androgene. Delighted to see  new work from  you here. Thanks for posting again. Almost gave up on seeing you here again.

And yes you need a better track record here that's sure.

Need a bit of time now to get back into the story so I cann't comment on the last chapter yet. ;) .

 

But I'm sure I will have fun reeding your older chapters again.

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

Ugh, getting up at 5 am is so not my thing. :pinch:  I totally agree with Tay and Tom. It was one of my favorite parts in Confounded I where Tay got all grumpy at Mitch for being a morning person. I'd never accept a job which forced me to get up early in the morning every day.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
On 3/15/2018 at 3:23 PM, Timothy M. said:

Ugh, getting up at 5 am is so not my thing. :pinch:  I totally agree with Tay and Tom. It was one of my favorite parts in Confounded I where Tay got all grumpy at Mitch for being a morning person. I'd never accept a job which forced me to get up early in the morning every day.

I'm not a morning person either. That's why I work an overnight job and go to bed at 6AM. Screw getting up!😴

  • Haha 2
Link to comment

I know, right! I'm a nurse and mostly work nights. Sometimes evenings; I have 2 coming up this month, the first in almost 9 months, lol. I never work days. I said that at my contract negotiation, made it a bit of a 'accept that request or see me walk'. ;) 

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..