Jump to content
    Arch Hunter
  • Author
  • 2,949 Words
  • 2,406 Views
  • 21 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Dark Star - 7. Chapter 7

"Can you see it?" I ask Rufus, who has his eye pressed to the telescope's eyepiece.

"No."

"Give it a few seconds. It should come into vision any moment now."

"I don't see anything yet. Maybe you… Wait! It's coming in from the left edge!"

"Told you! It's not my first rodeo, friend."

"I can see the rings and everything!" Rufus exclaims with excitement.

"Neat, huh?"

He turns to me with the goofiest boyish smile I've seen on him yet. "Wanna have a look?"

"I've seen it many times. Take your time. We can point it at the Moon next."

The sad thing about having a telescope is that the novelty wears off quickly, especially if you live in a city with intense light pollution and can't watch anything except the brightest objects, like planets or our natural satellite. Watching Rufus, all happy and hyped, is ten times better.

"It was so awesome!" Rufus laughs after I've shown him all there was to see. "Can you see the Andromeda Galaxy from here?"

"Technically, yes, but it's not bright enough. We'd have to go far from the city lights, preferably to the mountains."

"Aww," he groans.

"We could go one day. I'll ask Dad if he could make it an early birthday present and take us."

"Do you think he would?"

"Sure, why not. If only to flex on you with his car."

"I think it's worth the sacrifice," Rufus chuckles. He's completely relaxed with me now. Such a change from the first time we met, and I don't miss it a single bit. He looks so adorable that I have no choice but to hug and lift him a few inches above the ground.

"What are you doing?" he laughs as I spin him around.

"Giving you a zero-gravity experience, that's what."

I let him down before someone hears us, but keep holding the boy tightly.

"I have a great time with you, Rufus," I say and watch his smile grow.

"Me too. There's nothing else I'd rather be doing."

"Even playing DnD?"

"Uhhh, don't make me choose!"

I squint my eyes, and our faces are really close now.

Rufus sighs in mock impatience. "Fine, I choose you."

"Really?"

"Really."

I pull him closer and place a soft kiss on his mouth. This time it lasts longer. Rufus wraps his arms around my neck, and we make out without haste. It feels fucking fantastic. His lips are soft and supple, and when he opens his mouth for me, I can feel his small tongue.

"Mmmh," we moan softly into each other's mouths. I had no idea how much I needed it. It feels like an eternity before we finally break it, and I feel dizzy.

"Oh my god,” he whispers when we’re done. "I need some fresh air."

"We can go for a walk if you want."

"Can’t. Tim will pick me up in ten minutes. I better go now."

"Or else he'll give you crap about being five seconds late."

"Yeah," he scratches the back of his head adorably.

"How about we meet tomorrow?" I ask hopefully.

"I'd love to! How about my place this time?"

"What's the matter? Didn't you enjoy dinner?" I wink at him.

"It was quite an experience."

"Okay, I'll come over tomorrow. Fine by me."

"Can't wait," he grins. "Now, sneak me out of here."

Ten minutes later, Rufus gives me a little wave before disappearing inside his brother's car.

"Johnny's Steak House is going out of business," Dad says when I come back inside, not looking up from his tablet. "Because of energy prices. Next winter, we're cooking tree bark over a campfire if this keeps up."

Mom is sitting next to him and reading a book. I lean on a pillar separating the hall from the room, and wait to make sure he is done talking.

"Dad? Remember the mountain house we stayed at two years ago? Could I have my birthday party there this year?"

"I thought you hated it there."

"I was just a little kid. I've had a change of heart. Also, Rufus and I wanted to use the telescope away from the city lights."

Mom gives me a glance shorter than a camera shuttle. Of course, she's listening to my every word.

"What about your other friends?" Dad asks. "Jim, Dwight, and the rest."

"Uh, I might make a separate party for this bunch."

"Don't think we can afford two parties this year, Tyler. Also, the gas and renting prices have gone through the roof, so we better think of something more local."

"I see."

"Let’s talk about it after the vote. It’s gonna be a busy time for me, son."

"Sure, Dad. We'll think of something else then."

"Tyler," Mom says. "Are your old friends accepting of Rufus?"

There we go.

"You know how they are, Mom. But they think he's cool."

***

"Where have you been all day?" Clyde asks me when I meet them at the mall in the morning. "You missed Jim ordering at McDonald's wearing his shirt and pants backward."

Jim has this proud look on his face whenever he does something utterly stupid. "I asked for a cheeseburger with a single bun between two burgers, but they told me to go away," he says with a hint of regret.

"I hope someone recorded it," I say.

"Shit, we didn't!" Dwight laughs. "Oh well, I bet he's gonna do even more stupid shit at Amanda's party today."

"Yeah, but that's next week, not today," I remind him.

"No, dude, it's today. We just talked to her before you arrived."

"Shit."

"What? Don't try and wriggle out of it. She invited us a month ago."

"He made plans with his boyfriend," Jim giggles.

"No, uh, I just forgot, that's all it is. I can go."

We meet a few people from our school and we join them. I notice Dwight is suspiciously touchy with one of the girls. Guess the dry season is over for him. Two hours later, I excuse myself to get ready for the party. First, I call Mom to tell her I'm going out.

"Yes, I set myself a reminder. You told me weeks ago," she says. "Just don't be late. Tomorrow's a school day."

"Fine. I'll be home soon, and we can talk more."

Now it's time to call Rufus. I've never called him before, and it makes me nervous. I stare at his number for a minute or two before pressing the green button.

"Moshi moshi," he says when he picks up.

"Hey Roof, how are you doing?"

"Bad," he says with a sad voice. "But also good!"

"Why so?"

"Bad because Dad's still in the hospital and not getting better."

"Oh no…"

"They say it's nothing too serious. He's stable, but the wound takes a lot of time to heal. What's worse, we can't visit him, and after he gets better, he might be moved to a stricter prison in a different state and face felony charges."

"That sucks, man. Can I help somehow?"

"Be with me. That's why I'm feeling good because I'm gonna see you!" he chirps, and I want to throw myself under a car.

"Yeah… about that…" I start slowly, "there's a little problem. I totally forgot that Amanda is throwing a party. She invited me weeks ago."

"Oh… I see."

"Is it fine if we meet tomorrow? I'll make it up for you somehow."

"It's fine, Tyler. Want me to come with you?"

"Well…"

"I'm just kidding. Have fun, okay? I'll see you at school."

"And after school," I add.

"That too. I guess I'll check what Dale is up to today."

"You're not mad, though, are you?"

"No. Thank you for being honest. That's all I ask."

"Can't wait to spend more time with you," I say after a slight pause.

"Yeah, I get it! Now go, and don't get too drunk."

"I don't drink," I say, surprised that he'd even bring it up."

"Yeah, right… see you tomorrow."

I shake my head. Who does he think I am?

I reach home and do my homework, so I have free time for the rest of my day.

"What will you all be doing?" Mom asks when I comb my hair after the shower.

"I dunno, playing some stupid party games, probably," I say, fighting an unruly lock on top of my head.

"Want me to pick you up?"

"No need. I'll walk with Jim and Clyde."

"I can give them a ride, too."

"Mom… I'm almost seventeen. Do you want to destroy my social life?"

"I don't understand what's so embarrassing about your mom giving you a ride home."

"Clearly," I say and wash my face. "Thank you for offering, though. I appreciate it. I'll be home by midnight."

She gives me a kiss goodbye, and I go out. She always acts like that every time I go to a party. That one time when I drank one beer, she smelled it and wanted to send me to AA meetings. When she suggested it to Dad, he quickly changed the topic to his own drunken adventures, some of which had happened when he was younger than me. So luckily, the idea died of loneliness.

At least Mom’s not looking right through me for a change. Does she think I'm into Amanda or something? Eww!

The party is pretty dope! After exchanging all the fresh gossip, we play some Exploding Kittens, who would you do, and truth or dare. When asked about my secret crush, I confidently say Zendaya, but that triggers Jim.

"Hey, where is Rufus?" he asks me.

Amanda and the other girls exchange weird looks.

"Why would I know?" I ask defensively. "Did anyone even invite him?"

"I invited him," Amanda says. "He said he was busy. But first, he asked me who else was coming, so yeah."

Jim smiles proudly. "Rufus is Tyler's secret crush," and everybody laughs.

"He's not my secret crush, you idiot," I say. "We're out and proud."

There's another wave of laughter, and the conversation moves in a different direction, and I wonder if turning it into a joke is a good idea in the long run.

At about that time, everyone starts adding vodka to their coke, except me. We're in Amanda's basement; her parents are upstairs, but no one seems bothered. That's also when I start getting bored. Everyone starts dancing and singing the songs, which is not my thing. I check the time. It's only 10 pm, so I have two more hours. Not sure if I want to spend them here.

"wyd," I text Rufus discreetly.

"Doing homework," he replies. "How's the party?"

"It’s cool. Not hanging out with Dale?"

"No."

"Good."

"Why?"

I don't reply. I tell Amanda I must go, high-five the boys, and get out among half-assed protests.

I walk fast, so it only takes me fifteen minutes to reach Rufus's house. About time, because as I approach his street, it starts raining. I jog the rest of the way and take a quick smiling selfie in front of the house and send it to Rufus with the caption, "you have a visitor. And he's getting wet."

Only two minutes later, Rufus opens the door leading to the stairwell.

"Come in," he beckons me.

I enter the building just before the drizzle turns into a shower.

I run my hands through my wet hair. "It was close. Thanks for saving me."

Rufus is wearing the same sweatpants and a t-shirt he wore the last time I was here, but he smells of freshness. "What are you doing here?" he asks.

"I was done with that party. And I wanted to see you before going home."

"That's sweet of you," he smiles genuinely. "Do you want to come in? Tim and his girlfriend are visiting, but we can have my room."

"Maybe later. But first…"

I get closer and pull him into a gentle hug.

"Tyler…" he chuckles but returns the embrace. "Mmmm…"

"Did you miss the cuddles?" I ask.

"I did…"

I run my hands up and down his body. "Are we safe here?" I ask. Four families live in this building. If someone opens the door, we should hear them soon enough, but I'd rather be sure.

"I think so…"

I don't waste time and press my lips against his. He steps back, and I gently pin him to the staircase wall. Rufus moans when I break the kiss and gently bite his neck.

"Oh god…" he whispers.

We make out for a couple of minutes. I'm so horny for him right now. I never imagined that going slow could be so satisfying. But it also becomes unbearable. My roaming hands feel his hot body, and I use my right hand to touch his groin. He's hard as rock and moans when I stroke him through his pants.

"Is it okay?" I ask.

He doesn't answer but instead reaches out and unbuttons and unzips my jeans with his shaking hands. He fishes out my dick, and at last, I can feel his soft fingers wrap around it. I slide my right hand inside his sweatpants and make direct contact with his cock.

I forget about the danger completely. I kiss Rufus passionately, and we stroke each other without hurry. Shit, I needed it. I feel lighter than air. The pleasure my dick receives is amplified by the intimacy of our dancing tongues.

Just when I feel the familiar tingling, we hear the door open on the second floor. We jump apart, and I clumsily stuff my dick in my jeans, not bothering with zipping up and just covering it with my shirt.

Only three seconds later, I can see the familiar face of Rufus's brother, Tim. He's coming down the stairs and holding hands with a dark-haired girl a few years older than me.

"See you, Rufus," Tim says. They don't slow down even for a second and act like I'm not here. A few seconds later, they're gone, and I hear a beep of the car lock.

"Whew," Rufus relaxes and leans against the wall, his face still red from our little play. We smile at each other and I get a flashback of the time we were almost caught by my mom. He continues, "So, where were we?”

We get close again, but Mom picks this exact moment to call me. I look apologetically at Rufus and pick up.

"Hello?"

"Where are you?" she asks, clearly irritated. Uh oh, somehow she knows that I'm not with Amanda. I follow the lesson taught to me by life and decide to tell the truth.

"I'm with Rufus."

"Did you want me to have a heart attack? I came to Amanda's house to give you an umbrella, and she told me you had gone home. I thought you got mugged or worse!"

"No, Mom, I didn't get mugged," I shake my head at Rufus, and he laughs, covering his mouth. "I decided to visit Rufus on my way home. Since it's way before my curfew and all. I'll be home soon."

"It's raining! I'll pick you up. Text me his address."

"But Mom, I'm still… shit, she disconnected. And what are you laughing at?" I playfully scold Rufus, who now holds his belly, trying to contain himself.

"She would make a perfect mother-in-law."

"Shut up, it's not funny! Anyway, looks like I have to go," I say and text Mom the address.

“How about you coming over before school? Mom leaves for work at 6."

"Hell, yes!" I grin. My dick, which softened from the stress, now throbs in my pants again. How can I possibly hope to sleep at night? "I must go. See you in the morning, right?"

"Yes. And Tyler…"

"What?"

He comes closer and gives me a quick peck on the mouth. "No playing with yourself at night."

"You little tease…" I exhale and go through the door outside. It's not even raining anymore. I need to have a serious talk with Mom because she's been freaking out lately!

Five minutes later, I see car headlights turning into the alley, and in no time she parks abruptly in front of me.

Rufus walks around from behind my back. "Good evening, Mrs. Webb," he says, but she ignores him.

"Come on, Tyler, don't stand in the rain."

"It's not raining anymore, Mom. See you tomorrow, Rufus."

He waves at me as we drive away. I get ready for a sermon from Mom, but it doesn't come. Only when we park in the garage does she turn to me. "Nobody knew where you were. What if something happened to you?"

"I'm sorry, Mom."

She doesn't say anything more, but I can almost feel all the uncomfortable questions boiling inside her.

Something else boiling inside me at night doesn't let me stay in one position for more than a few minutes. The little unfulfilled foreplay with Rufus started a fire that only one thing could extinguish. I reach under the cover and touch my semi-hard peen. No playing with yourself. Easier said than done. Maybe I should give it a few strokes? The thoughts are so obsessive I feel I might go mad if I don't do something.

After turning over for a hundredth time, I stand up and go to the bathroom. I strip down and go under the shower. I hiss when the cold water touches my skin, and it takes me a while to get used to it. Ten minutes later, I towel myself and hop back in bed. It worked. When I close my eyes, I only see darkness.

hr /> Thank you for reading! Let me know what you think so far. The next chapter is going to be more eventful.
Copyright © 2022 Arch Hunter; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 14
  • Love 18
  • Wow 3
  • Fingers Crossed 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

WTF is Tyler's mother doing, it's like she's got double O gage buckshot in the scatter gun, Jeeze Louise!!!

"Let’s talk about it after the vote. It’s gonna be a busy time for me, son."

"Sure, Dad. We'll think of something else then."

"Tyler," Mom says. "Are your old friends accepting of Rufus?"

There we go.

"You know how they are, Mom. But they think he's cool."

Then' there's dear old dad...trolling or is that whoring for votes???

Nice job at the party Tyler, knowing how to defuse Jim's loaded comment and knowing when to leave...

Ah yes...trying to survive blue balls...

And one note for Tyler...time to make the switch and join Team Rufus...full time!!!

What are the odds that the only one in Tyler's circle of family and friends will be ok with him dating Rufus, cept his witch of a mother????

Edited by drsawzall
  • Like 2
  • Wow 3
Link to comment

As always, I'm excited to read your comments. As I was writing, I didn't fully realize how ambiguously the secondary characters' intentions are portrayed. I'm happy to see it keeps you guys guessing. Thank you for reading and commenting!

11 hours ago, gdaniel said:

I agree with J.El, totally. On a more personal note, in romantic stories such s this one, I prefer the word penis to the more vulgar words like dick and cock. It just seems more intimate. But that's just me.

It's me, too. But not Tyler. He uses language that helps him fit in his group. It may take him a while to even start recognizing it. If it was Rufus narrating, we would probable see more penises, and less dicks :)

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
5 minutes ago, gdaniel said:

PrismaFox:  huh?  I'm an old fart and don't understand tftc n_n.

 

too forgettable to comment : ( 

  • Like 3
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
8 minutes ago, gdaniel said:

Oh. Thanks for the translation. To each his own. 😉

I'm sorry, it was a cruel joke. I think it meant "thanks for the chapter" :))))

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

Well, I learn something every chapter @Arch Hunter. This chapter I learnt there really is a game named 'Exploding Kittens'. I am appalled, but not shocked, that some “human” would design a game and think it funny/appropriate to give it such a grotesque name. Why not 'Exploding Babies'? I wonder if such a name would have been given approval? It is just another example of speciesism at its ugliest.

"He's not my secret crush, you idiot," I say. "We're out and proud." I think this was a very clever ploy on Tyler’s part, almost like hiding out in the open. 

One can tell it’s a teenage party Tyler attended. Adding coke (which I assumed was Coca Cola rather than cocaine) to vodka. Really? Sacrilege.

"Good evening Mrs Webb” he says, but she ignores him" Clearly manners are not at the top of Tyler’s mother’s list of etiquette for good behaviour, or perhaps good manners only apply to certain situations or certain classes of people. Rude much you vile harpy.

Apart from the grotesquely named game and the rudeness of Mommie Dearest, this was a light and frothy chapter which introduced some intimacy into the budding relationship between Tyler and Rufus. Very well written and mostly enjoyable @Arch Hunter.

Edited by Summerabbacat
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 1/18/2023 at 8:57 AM, Summerabbacat said:

Well, I learn something every chapter @Arch Hunter. This chapter I learnt there really is a game named 'Exploding Kittens'. I am appalled, but not shocked, that some “human” would design a game and think it funny/appropriate to give it such a grotesque name. Why not 'Exploding Babies'? I wonder if such a name would have been given approval? It is just another example of speciesism at its ugliest.

Then do I have news for you! The team behind Exploding Kittens  also made game called Bears vs Babies - "a card game where you build incredible monsters who go to war with horrible, awful babies." So there you have it!

But! You'll be relieved to hear that the whole thing is a joke and they at no point endorse violence against cute things. But I do agree they go into risky teritory with ther games' themes. The mastermind behind these games is an illustrator and comic creator, The Oatmeal. He is a declared animal lover and owner, and he's known for his sometimes edgy and dark humor - How to pet a kitty - The Oatmeal

On 1/18/2023 at 8:57 AM, Summerabbacat said:

"He's not my secret crush, you idiot," I say. "We're out and proud." I think this was a very clever ploy on Tyler’s part, almost like hiding out in the open. 

One can tell it’s a teenage party Tyler attended. Adding coke (which I assumed was Coca Cola rather than cocaine) to vodka. Really? Sacrilege.

Exactly. I've added my share of sacreligeous ingredients to both Coca Cola and vodka in my days. Then again, I should probably go back to setting my stories in Poland so I can be more realistic about things like this. I was to go with my limited knowledge of what the U.S. teens drink at parties, I'd probably have to go with punch...

I'm happy you enjoyed the chapter : )

Edited by Arch Hunter
  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..