Jump to content
    Billy Martin
  • Author
  • 144 Words
  • 1,742 Views
  • 10 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

An Intropection - 1. O' My Lake

There are times when everyone has advise for you. So much back ground noise that you want to shout. I found a way to tune out all the static and work my way through my problems and life challenges.

O' My Lake

 

O' my lake that brings my reflections,
You are so true and faithful to my direction.
For without your enlightenment, I would shudder,
Being like a ship without a rudder.

Majestically you lie for all to ponder
The unlearned and foolish are left to wonder
But the wise are washed in your grace,
Which gives strength and wisdom in all we face.

Balancing on the brink of hope and despair,
Scanning to and fro for which would be more fair.
I ponder the thought, can one exist without the other?
You shout out from your depths, why bother?

Your restful shores bring peace to my soul.
And the colors of your face cure all my woes.
To hear your lapping waves is music to my ears.
O' my lake, you say very little, yet there's much to hear.

a href="http://www.thetrevorproject.org/">Please, if you feel you can't take anymore, it will get better. There's nothing life can throw at us that we can't over come or find a way around it, it will get better. Nothing last forever, including the bad times, it will get better. Reach out to someone, talk to someone, share your feelings, it will get better. Never ever give up, it will get better. There are organizations that are there to help us through the bad times, it will get better. The Trevor Project is just one of those, reach out to them, support their work, it will get better.

The Trevor Project

Copyright © 2011 Billy Martin; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 16
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I live in a crowded city and I so wish I had a lake where I could ponder. Beautiful, Billy. You obviously have the talent. Write more. Great job. :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 10/11/2011 04:39 PM, Tara00 said:
I live in a crowded city and I so wish I had a lake where I could ponder. Beautiful, Billy. You obviously have the talent. Write more. Great job. :)
You are very kind to a poor country boy who is just looking to share a little of himself in hope that others will do the same. Just like you did here :)
  • Like 1
Link to comment

Is the truth in the reflection of the surface or in the serenity of the depths...

The ripples will take anything disturbing the peaceful grace of the lake to the shores. The little scratches are unimportant...

Hehe, it caught my interest, because it made me remember something similar. :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 10/12/2011 03:18 AM, yoxone said:
Is the truth in the reflection of the surface or in the serenity of the depths...

The ripples will take anything disturbing the peaceful grace of the lake to the shores. The little scratches are unimportant...

Hehe, it caught my interest, because it made me remember something similar. :)

It's always my hope that anything I do brings a happy memory or becomes an inspiration to the light within us all. Thank you for your review and your insight. :)
  • Like 1
Link to comment

You have the makings of a great poet. It's really inspirational. I think you should post more of your poems. :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 10/12/2011 11:48 AM, Tiger said:
You have the makings of a great poet. It's really inspirational. I think you should post more of your poems. :)
Thank you Tim, you are really kind and your words means a lot. I may have one ready to post soon. ;)
  • Like 1
Link to comment

I love poems. I have a particular weakness for meaningful rhymes. I really like this poem. Although it's coming from a brat. :P

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 10/21/2011 05:59 AM, Michael9344 said:
I love poems. I have a particular weakness for meaningful rhymes. I really like this poem. Although it's coming from a brat. :P
Thank you Michael. It's always good to be told that something you've done means something to others. And yeah, I can be a brat at times ;) But, I use to be a lot worse :P
  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..