Jump to content
    CarlHoliday
  • Author
  • 5,412 Words
  • 3,651 Views
  • 9 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

319 Winesap Lane - 2. Chapter 2 - Will Jerry Get a Boyfriend?

Contains a description of sex acts between two teenagers.

Jerry's POV

I didn’t notice him at first until he sat down in the seat next to me. I looked over and he smiled.

“Hi, I’m Dave,” he said. He had short, wavy black hair; large, black eyebrows, like caterpillars crawling toward each other and nearly met in the middle; eyes so dark I couldn’t tell if they were black or just a very dark shade of brown; a large, prominent nose, which reminded me of what my father once said about someone we saw when I went with him down to Detroit, “must be a Jew, look at that nose,” but I wasn’t about to be as prejudiced as Dad always was; his lips were full; and, his skin had a dark tint, which told me he either had a good tan or Mediterranean heritage.

“Jerry,” I said.

“Mind if I call you Jer? I have a brother named Jerry or, rather, Jeremiah. We’re Jewish.”

“Well, no, I guess it’s okay. My grandfather called me Jer all the time, but my dad and all my friends called me Jerry. There are a lot of Jerrys in my family. Now, that you mention it, though, I much prefer being called Jerry.”

“Oh, I’m cool with that. What are you a junior or a third?”

“Actually, I’m the fourth,” I said. I was surprised how easily we were getting into this conversation having just met. “Are you from around here?”

“No, I live outside Woodstock on what used be part of a truck farm, but we do raise some vegetables. My dad owns a deli in town. What religion are you?”

“Lutheran, but I haven’t been to church in a couple years.”

“Oh? Why is that? Don’t you believe in God?”

“Yes, er, no, I don’t think so. The church my parents go to is very conservative and exclusive. They don’t like anyone who belongs to any other religion. I met a girl whose parents were Baptist, but my parents wouldn’t allow me to see her when they found out, so I stopped going to church.”

“Damn, bummer.”

“Class, could I have your attention? I’m Professor Adams and this is Anthropology 101. If you’re not supposed to be taking Anthropology 101, please leave now. I’ll be handing out reading material, a course outline, my expectations for this class, and an attendance sheet. Take one of the items and check off your name on the attendance. If you want to add this course, add your name and particulars at the bottom and if you want to drop the class, indicate as such beside your name and leave. In both cases, I’ll have my administrative assistant add or delete you from the class.”

“She seems nice,” Dave said.

“Professor Johnson said she’s one of the better professors here,” I said. It was nice that he liked to talk. Geoff kind of seemed a little standoffish, but maybe he was still getting used to me. He did have that thing hanging over his head about not getting involved with students; and, maybe, being gay, it was hard for him as a kid to make friends.

“You know a professor?”

“Yes, I live with him.”

“What is he, some old fart who needs someone to change his diaper?”

“No, I think he’s in his sixties,” I said, somewhat taken aback by Dave’s remark. “He’s not old, just been around for a while, though you could say he’s a hunk. He has an exercise room in his house with lots of equipment in it.”

“What are you, gay? Don’t tell me you’re into guys.”

I looked around the room, but all the other students were either looking through the textbook or building their piles of papers. But, I wasn’t about to admit that I was gay. Sure I had slept with Geoff and kind of wanted to do things with him, but I understood where he was coming from when he said we couldn’t do anything. I definitely didn’t want to get him fired if someone in authority around here found out he was sucking my cock or something like that.

“No, I’m his houseboy.” Hopefully, that would satisfy his curiosity about the relationship I would be developing with Geoff.

“What? Do you mean you’re a domestic?” Why did he sound like doing that kind of work was demeaning? “What do you do for him, wash the dishes?”

“Oh, I’m supposed to do the cleaning, you know, vacuuming, washing the windows, dusting; helping out in the kitchen, I think he wants me to learn how to cook; and doing yard work, like mowing the lawn, raking leaves, and tending the flower beds.”

“How much is he paying you for all this housework? I hope it’s a lot.” Why did Dave have to make this into such a big deal. I was hoping he could be a friend, but now I wasn’t so certain.

“He’s funding my education here at Warnton.”

“What is he rich or something?”

“I suppose so. He certainly lives in a big enough house to have some amount of money.”

“Okay, you two, who are you?” a voice asked, interrupting our conversation.

“Ma’am?” I asked looking up at Professor Adams. She had to be in her fifties, maybe a little older. She didn’t look like a grandmother, not anyone you would want to go seek for a chocolate chip cookie.

“Who are you?” she asked, again, with eyes that could kill.

“Jerrold Alexander Peterson the Fourth.”

“Oh, god, another Jerrold Peterson. You don’t plan on majoring in anthropology, do you?”

“Is that what my dad majored in? He never told me.”

“Yes, and he was a boor. You adhere to that weird Lutheran denomination? What was it, Wisconsin Synod or something like that?”

“No, Professor Adams, they’re Germans, we’re Norwegians, mostly from Minnesota. I don’t go to that church anymore. My parents wouldn’t let me date any girl outside of their belief.”

“Good, maybe we’ll get along,” she said. She then turned to Dave and stared at him with those deadly eyes. “And, you, you look familiar, too. Did your father attend Warnton?”

“Yes, Professor Adams, I’m David Baker.”

“Oh, god, another boor. Did he ever become a rabbi? I think that was his goal in life after getting a good education here.”

“No, ma’am, he got a loan from his father and opened a deli.”

“Good, can you make a decent kosher pastrami on rye?”

“Yes, ma’am, but I do a better Reuben.”

“Good, I’ll take a Reuben with non-dairy Swiss cheese. I think they carry it at the grocery store, if not, well cheat and use regular. But, definitely put some cheese on it. You can bring it here to class tomorrow or the day after. An apple a day makes the mean teacher a happy camper. Now, all we have to do is figure out where you’re going to make it. Do you live in the dorm? Or, do you plan on pledging one of the fraternities? Of course, most of them are horribly anti-Semitic, but maybe they’ve changed their ways. One can only hope. Well, where are you going to make my sandwich?”

“I don’t know, ma’am.”

“He could make it where I live,” I said. Though I wasn’t certain I was ready to make Dave into a friend, having him over to make a sandwich seemed like an innocent way to go about it. “I don’t think Professor Johnson would mind if Dave came over and used the kitchen.”

“You live with Geoff Johnson?” she asked pointedly. She stared at me with those eyes. I was positive if she were a witch she could turn me into a toad without a thought of regret. “What are you …? Wait a minute, look up at me. Oh, yes, I can see it. Do you have a problem with living there? I can do something about that if you need help with him.”

“No, I’m his houseboy and he’ll be paying for my education here.”

“Yeah, that sounds like Geoff. His boy, huh, yeah, that sounds about right. Oh, well, what can I say as long as you’re comfortable with the situation. You do know what you’ve gotten yourself into, don’t you?”

“Yes, ma’am, all of that was covered yesterday when I moved in.”

“Can I ask a personal question?”

“No, ma’am, I rather not answer that right now. I don’t think I’m ready to commit to that, what, point of view?”

“Okay, just wondering. Okay, you two, back of the room, you can converse back there, but I’ve got my eye on both of you, so watch it. Normally, there’s only one term paper in this class, but I can always assign extra work. Some students call me Professor Bitch from Hell for a reason.”

We moved to the back of the room where we had an empty row between us and the rest of the class, which couldn’t have been much over thirty students. Surprisingly, most of them were girls, but none of them piqued my interest. They all seemed rather plain.

On the other hand, Dave seemed to have stirred something deep inside me. When he stood up to move back with me I got a fairly good look at him. He was about my height, maybe a little taller and had a stockier frame. Probably played football in high school or maybe basketball. I really didn’t want to admit it because I wasn’t sure I was gay, but his body had a certain appeal to it that made me consciously undress him with my eyes. And, to think, a minute ago I wasn’t certain I could be his friend.

* * * *

Dave and I decided it would be best if he came over in the evening to make the sandwiches, but that also meant that he had to go to the grocery store and buy the supplies before that. We decided to meet up after our one o’clock classes and I would to go with him to the dorm. After stashing his books in his room and introducing me to his roommate who was a red headed dork from Albany named Bruce, we went back downstairs. Coming out of the dorm, there was a maintenance worker doing something to a lawn mower and so I asked, “Excuse me, but could you tell us where the grocery store is?”

“Oh, sure, it’s about a mile west of town on the state highway. You can’t miss it. Big place, lots of glass. They got bread on sale this week. The butcher’s a dago fag named Sal. Big guy. Cut your nuts off with one of those knives of his if you’re not nice to him.”

“Rather talkative SOB, if you ask me,” Dave whispered as we walked away. “Damn a gay Italian butcher in a town like this. Can’t get much more liberal than that. I don’t think you ever told me if you’re gay or not. The way Professor Adams was talking, that professor you’re living with might be interested in you in more than an employer-employee relationship. So, are you gay?”

“Are you?”

“As a matter of fact, I am, though I’m still a virgin, not that I haven’t tried to solve that problem, but being Jewish in Woodstock presented a bit of a problem with the locals, so I stayed undercover as much as possible. Last year, at the Christmas dance I went stag because I wasn’t in the mood to get a date and that got all the kids talking like I was gay. I left early.

“The following Monday in homeroom, Mr. Reynolds, the teacher, came right out and pointedly asked me if I was gay. Right out loud so all the other kids could hear. I got all teary eyed, but I admitted it. What could I do, lie? All he said was, ‘Good, just wondering; I thought you might be.’ No one else said anything, but I knew they would tell their friends and then the whole school would know. When I got to the cafeteria at lunch there was one table in the middle of the room where there wasn’t anyone sitting. No one, including a few of my teachers, spoke to me the rest of the school year. The principal even sent a letter home to my parents, but since we’re Reformed and they’re rather liberal in their social views, they didn’t make that big a deal about it. So, are you gay?”

What was I going to say? What could I say? I almost had sex with a man as old as my grandfather and would have if he hadn’t stopped us from getting too close. I think he was a bit uncomfortable that I slept with him, but he didn’t stop me and I think it was a very enjoyable experience that I intended to continue.

“I don’t really know for sure. The only person I ever kissed was a girl and I had to stop seeing her because she was Baptist. I came on to Geoff when he was helping me move in, but he stopped me before anything happened.”

“Then he isn’t gay?”

“Oh, no, he’s gay and we probably would have done something, but he got in trouble last year and is on probation.”

“So, he would’ve done something with you if he could get away with it?”

“Yeah, I think he would. He gave me a book on gay sex so I’ll know what to do if I meet the right guy.”

“Like me?”

“Sure, why not? I mean, he’s already said I can bring over boys or girls and make out on the living room sofa. He said he wouldn’t mind seeing a boy without a shirt if we got carried away.”

“Jerry, here I am trying to find someone to have sex with and you walk into a situation where you almost got to have sex. Heck, we can get to know each other, but if you’re going to take off my shirt, we’re going up to your room. I’m not going to have some college professor perving me while I make out with you. If I ask nice, and after we get to know each other better, do you think you would be willing to, oh, shit, you’re probably going to say no, so why bother?”

“Dave, look I think you’re going about this all wrong, but after we get to know each other and if you’re willing, I think it might be nice for both of us to go all the way.”

“You’re willing to take my virginity?”

“If you’re able to take my cock, it’s kind of big.”

“What do you mean, big?”

“The boys in high school called me Donkey Dick.”

“Ooh, that kind of sounds interesting. Maybe, I’ll have to get a cucumber at the grocery store and practice if we get to that point, if we’re going to have a relationship, that is.”

“Why don’t we cross that bridge when we come to it. Maybe, Geoff will have a suggestion on how to open you up enough to take me without causing damage.”

“Wow! All the time I’ve known I was gay and finally I go to college and find a guy who might fuck me. We’re definitely going to have to get to know each other. My ass is just tingling with the thought of having a big dick sliding up inside me. You know, I do think I’m a bottom, anyway.”

“What’s a bottom?”

“A guy who gets off being fucked. Yeah, we’re definitely going to have get to know each other.”

We continued chatting as we walked across campus. It was quite hot and humid, too, but being from Michigan it wasn’t anything I wasn’t used to. Dave’s attitude had changed so dramatically from being despondent that he was a virgin to being excited that I was actually willing to fuck him, I wasn’t quite certain I could meet his expectations. One thing was certain, I thought I was definitely too big for him since he’d never had sex, but I was sure Geoff would come up with some solution for Dave’s problem.

“Oh, good, it looks like Geoff is home.”

“You live here? This place is huge.”

“Come on inside and meet the master of the house.”

We walked in and I left Dave in the foyer while I ran upstairs and put my books in my room. I went downstairs and into the darker regions of the house where I found Geoff in his study.

“Sir? Can I talk to you for a minute?” I asked.

“Sure, Jerry, come on in, I wasn’t doing anything special. How was your first day of school?”

“Oh, okay, I met a boy in Anthropology. He’s out in the foyer waiting.”

“So, what’s the problem?”

“Well, you see, sir, it’s like this. We were in Anthropology and Professor Adams got onto us for talking. It seems Dave’s father went to Warnton, too, and now owns a deli in Woodstock. Can he come over this evening and make a Reuben sandwich for Professor Adams?”

“Sure, he can make me one, too, in fact, he can make one for you and that’s what we’ll have for dinner tonight. I suppose you need to go to the grocery store. We need to go there to get food for the coming week, so I’ll go with you. We can go in my car. Come on, let’s go out and I’ll meet this boy. Is he cute?”

“I think he’s good looking, but I wouldn’t say he’s cute.”

“No, you probably wouldn’t, since you’re the same age unless you were really attracted to him. Does he have a nice ass?”

“Sir? Aren’t you supposed to be nice to boys this year?”

“Doesn’t mean I can’t look. Come on.”

“Dave, this is Professor Johnson, the man I live with,” I said when we got out to the foyer.

“Very happy to meet you, sir,” Dave said.

“I asked Jerry if you were cute, but he wasn’t certain; tell you what, Dave, you’re cute,” Geoff said. “Come on, we’re going to the grocery store. I’ll drive, you two can make out in the backseat on the way.”

“Sir, are you going to be this way all the time?” I asked.

“The Provost said I can’t touch any boys until they’re twenty-one, but that doesn’t mean I can’t comment on their beauty. Dave, did Jerry tell you he has a big dick?”

“Uh, yes, sir.”

“Well, since you’re still with us, I guess you’re interested in it. Been fucked?”

“Sir?”

“Are you a virgin?”

“Yes, sir.”

“Want Jerry to fuck you with his big dick?”

“What?”

“You know what I asked, which way do you want to go or do you see yourself as being versatile?”

“I think I’m a bottom?”

“Uh, huh, been there, done that; when you two get your relationship around the bases and are approaching home plate I’ll give you guys a few pointers on how to fuck with a big dick. By the way Jerry felt yesterday when he tried to jump me, you’ll need to be ready for him. I’ll order you something you can use to practice with before giving him your ass. It’ll make it better for him if you can handle his size.”

* * * *

While Geoff and I went through the pantry, freezer and kitchen making out a grocery list, Dave sat outside on the back porch. Geoff kept bumping into me and I was getting the feeling it was on purpose, but had no idea why he was doing it other than maybe he wanted to be as close to me as possible without actually doing anything sexual that would get him in trouble with the Provost. Finally, when I was bent over the chest freezer looking through all the different cuts of meat, he came up beside me and I felt his body leaning against mine.

“Geoff?”

“Yes?”

“I can feel your erection pressing against my ass.”

“You can?”

“Yes.”

“Does it bother you?”

“No, but Dave might come in here and see what you’re doing. I don’t want you to get in trouble.”

“Spoil sport.”

He moved away from me a few feet and said, “I think we should buy things in sixes, so that we’ll have three for when Dave is here for dinner. We probably need to get some bigger roasts, too. We’ll definitely need a large beef roast for this Sunday. I always have a couple of professors and a bunch of students over for supper. It’s kind of a tradition here at Warnton. These steaks and chops in here, are they singles or doubles?”

“They’re all doubles, but there shouldn’t be that many. Geoff?”

“Yes?”

“About last night.”

“Yes?”

“Can I sleep with you again?”

“You can sleep with me whenever you want.”

“Thank you for trusting me. Do you have everything on the list that we’ll need?”

“Yes, I think so. Let’s get the house locked up and we’ll head out.”

“Geoff?”

“What, now, Jerry?”

“I don’t mind it if you want to touch me.”

“No, I’m sorry, I can’t do this. You don’t know what it would be like to lose tenure over something like this and not get a job recommendation. No. Jerry, I can’t do this. I just got carried away. You’re just so cute, it’s hard for me not to touch you.”

When we went to the store I sat shotgun and Dave sat in the back. I was surprised Geoff didn’t say anything, but maybe he figured since we were just starting out it was too early for us to be kissing in the backseat. That didn’t stop Dave and I from talking because we did although it wasn’t over anything important, just B.S. as far as I was concerned. Geoff didn’t join in the conversation and seemed to have his mind on something else. Maybe he was bothered about me pointing out how close he had gotten when I was looking in the freezer.

We stayed together at the store as Geoff led us along the aisles putting items from the list into the cart. It wasn’t too long until he sent Dave off to get another one, leaving the two of us in the cereal aisle.

“You two seem to be getting on okay,” Geoff said.

“Yeah, Dave’s nice. I’m sorry about earlier in the pantry.”

“Don’t let it bother you; I was too close. I shouldn’t have touched you.”

“Sir?”

“What?”

“I wish we could get to know each other better.”

“Isn’t going to happen, Jerry. As much as I want, I can’t jeopardize my future over some silly sexual escapade, no matter how cute you are.”

“There you are,” a voice said from behind me. “I was wondering when I was going to see you.”

“Alice, nice to see you,” Geoff said. “Did you enjoy your summer?”

I turned around and saw Professor Adams coming up the aisle with Dave behind her, though he was obviously slowing.

“You know, we all got a letter from the Provost telling us to be on the lookout for you and your unsavory predilection toward undergraduates,” Professor Adams said. “Can I ask what you’re doing here with these two boys?”

“Stocking up on groceries, teenagers have extra hungry bodies,” Geoff said. “It was okay when I only had to plan on having Jerry here, but now that he’s made friends with Dave, I have to plan on having him over for dinners now and then. Speaking of dinners, what are you doing Sunday, say between four and seven o’clock in the evening?”

“Why are you having an orgy? I don’t go to academic orgies where undergraduates are present. I do have my standards.”

“Alice, please, Jerry is an innocent. No, I was thinking of starting my Sunday suppers this weekend. You wouldn’t be interested in coming this year, would you? I don’t remember you ever coming over to my place. You can invite some students, too. I certainly have the room and a dining table that seats twelve without the two extra leaves.”

“Twelve? Did it come with the house or something?”

“Yes, I don’t think it fits out the front door without being dismantled and the previous owner was elderly so her family probably didn’t want it.”

“I suppose you want me to cook, too.”

“No, I can cook.”

“I bet; I’ll be over at three and help. Do you want me to invite some girls or is this just going to be stag?”

“No, a few girls are fine. I tell you what, I’ll invite three more students so that will give me six and you can invite five and that’ll give you six. What do you think?”

“It’s a deal. Jerry, can I ask you something?”

“Sure, Professor Adams.”

“Has Geoff put you in any sort of position that you might feel is uncomfortable or inappropriate?”

“No, ma’am, he’s been very nice to me.”

“Hmm, I don’t know about you Geoff. I’m sure there’s something going on between you and Jerry and if I find out what it is, I’m go straight to the Provost.”

Professor Adams went off down the aisle and turned toward an aisle we’d already been down so we didn’t see her the rest of the time we were in the store. We continued our shopping and had the other cart almost full before we went to the butcher. Dave got his corned beef and sauerkraut and Geoff ordered a big beef roast for Sunday, while I picked out some steaks, chops, and ground beef and ground pork for meat loaf.

When we got home I set to work putting the groceries away, Dave started working on the sandwiches, and Geoff started making coleslaw. By the time all of us were finished, Dave and I went up to my room supposedly to talk, leaving Geoff to do whatever it is professors do in the afternoon when they don’t have classes.

Dave and I ended up on my bed and soon we were kissing. I think he was a little anxious and it was a little off-putting the way he seemed to be forcing me into something I wasn’t quite certain I wanted to go into so quickly. But, after a while, I calmed down until he started kissing my neck and touching me with one of his hands. Then he pinched my left nipple and I jumped back from him.

“What?” he asked.

“That hurt,” I said.

“Oh, sorry, I guess I got carried away.”

“Dave, can we go a bit slower?”

“No, we’ve talked. I’ve told you all about my life and family and you’ve told me about yours. I know you like me and I definitely like you, so what’s the deal. Or, are you still not certain you’re gay?”

“Well, what do you intend to do today?”

“Since it’s only our first time, I thought I’d get to know that cock of yours and maybe you’d want to get to know me, too. Will you take off your shirt, if I take off mine?”

“I’ll take off my shirt, but not my pants.”

“Jerry, you’re making this awfully hard for me. Why can’t you just relax?”

“Because I’ve never made out with a guy before and I don’t know what to do.”

“Well, I’ve never made out with a guy either, so don’t ask me what to do. But, I think it just involves lips, hands, and skin at first. It’s not like I want to have sex with you. I have sandwiches to make. You certainly don’t have a lot of muscles; didn’t you play any sports?”

“No.”

We kissed for a long time and he moved his hands all over my chest and abdomen before moving one hand down to my pants and pulling down my zipper. I could’ve stopped him and honestly thought of doing that, but he was still kissing me. I was losing myself in the feelings I was getting from his hands and then I felt his hand pull my erection out of my boxers.

He broke our kiss and said, “Oh, wow, Jerry, you’re huge. I’ll be back in a moment.”

He didn’t go far; just repositioned his body so that his lips had access to my cock. It was clearly obvious he’d never done what he was trying to do and I had to tell him to watch his teeth. With all his tongue action, handwork, and my over readiness, I was blowing my load in his mouth in short-order. He stayed down there cleaning me with his tongue until my sensitivity to his touch made me pull him away from my cock.

“Well, was that all that you expected it to be?” I asked.

“And, more so. Until we start fucking I’m going to be looking forward to having you in my mouth a lot more often.”

He kissed me deeply and I tasted my come on his tongue. I suppose he expected me to do the same, but when I didn’t make a move to go down on him, he took off his jeans and boxer briefs. He straddled my hips and started to beat off. His cock was different than mine; it didn’t have a foreskin. Being raised in a rural area among Christian families I’d never seen a circumcised cock before, but had read about them in the Bible so knew Jews did that to their baby boys. It looked kind of nice. It didn’t take Dave very long until I took a shot of his come right on my lips. I looked up at him and was going to say something and then took another right into my mouth. So much for not wanting to have any come in my mouth. I suppose this meant we were going to become boyfriends.

* * * *

As we had done last night, Geoff and I were sitting in the study reading and drinking something he called single malt scotch. It certainly wasn’t brandy, but at least it wasn’t totally horrible. It kind of had a sweet taste if you could get by the slight iodine flavor. Geoff said it was distilled and aged on an island in Scotland and picked up flavors from the cask and environment. I knew he was going to be giving me more of this, so to be polite I just sipped the whisky. That was the other thing he told me about Scotch whisky. There was no “e” in the word. I guess only American English had an “e” to the word whiskey. As I continued to drink the Scotch, I began to notice there were a lot of flavors that I hadn’t picked up on after its initial assault on my mouth. It was definitely a lot more complex than the brandy we had last night.

I had already finished the homework I had for algebra and was reading some of the handouts Professor Adams passed out, while waiting for Geoff to say it was time for bed. It had been a rather remarkable day and I looked forward to seeing Dave tomorrow. Finally, I finished with my reading and glanced over at Geoff. He looked at me.

“Ready for bed?” he asked.

“Yes.”

“You haven’t finished your Scotch.”

There were only two swallows left, but I took them slowly as I began to savor the taste. As he had said, Scotch was definitely something that was going to require getting used to, but I knew I would learn to love it or die trying.

“Don’t like it?” he asked.

“No, I think I’m beginning to like it more than at first.”

“Good, I’ll let you try something different tomorrow night. I have quite a few different single malts I think you’ll learn to enjoy.”

“My dad drank Johnnie Walker.”

“That’s a blend of different single malts. Blended Scotch has a much different flavor profile than single malts. Personally, I don’t like any of them.”

“I didn’t like the taste either.”

“Good, it looks like there’s a chance to get some culture into you while you’re here at Warnton. Do you plan on sleeping with me tonight?”

“Definitely, sir, I wouldn’t have it any other way.”

“Good; I like you in the bed with me, too.”

Thanks again to Sharon for editing this chapter.
Copyright © 2017 CarlHoliday; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 18
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I like the characters. The story is moving fast-though I like getting to the more intimate parts...I'm from the Northeast, so a little surprised at the ethnic issue- guess it's in the air these days if I consider the looming election. How about a literary tour of the Queen Anne house? Many nooks and crannies for romance.

Link to comment
On 08/05/2016 04:32 AM, RolandQ said:

I like the characters. The story is moving fast-though I like getting to the more intimate parts...I'm from the Northeast, so a little surprised at the ethnic issue- guess it's in the air these days if I consider the looming election. How about a literary tour of the Queen Anne house? Many nooks and crannies for romance.

Thanks for the review Roland.

 

Thanks for the tip on the ethnic issue. Out here in the West it seems a little different. Not blatant, but still out there. But there is a surprise coming in Jerry's relationship with Dave.

Link to comment

I can't tell what the deal is with Dr. Adams, is she friendly toward Geoff or really how to watch him?  I am so confused...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 6/23/2017 at 7:39 PM, centexhairysub said:

I can't tell what the deal is with Dr. Adams, is she friendly toward Geoff or really how to watch him?  I am so confused...

I'd say that in the little family of professors at Warnton Dr. Adams is somewhat homophobic, but doesn't let that totally dominate her view of Geoff's professionalism toward his students.

Link to comment

I have decided immediately that I don't like Alice Adams. She tells two students that their fathers are boors, demands that one bring her lunch, and almost asks the other his sexual orientation right in front of the whole class.

"Professor Bitch from Hell?" At least she admits it. Were I one of her students, I'd ask her if she had a return ticket.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Thank you for your comment. When I was taking a class at the University of Puget Sound, I encountered a professor much like Alice Adams, but he was a man and was extremely homophobic. He questioned my sexuality and then never spoke to me for the rest of the semester. He said he was a poet, but unfortunately had never been published in anything close to a significant publication. As a side note, I acquired the professor's name from the Pulitzer Prize winning novel by Booth Tarkington.

Link to comment

British ... whisky

American ... whiskey

My spell checker is set up for American spelling so it has a fit with the British, just as it does with placing a 'u' in some words. But it makes no difference to me -- I can accept either one. I even understand most Australian slang, for that, I have a dictionary of Oz. Now Cockney is a different and more difficult matter. Fortunately, there are not many authors on GA who write in Cockney Rhyming slang.

Link to comment
6 hours ago, Will Hawkins said:

British ... whisky

American ... whiskey

My spell checker is set up for American spelling so it has a fit with the British, just as it does with placing a 'u' in some words. But it makes no difference to me -- I can accept either one. I even understand most Australian slang, for that, I have a dictionary of Oz. Now Cockney is a different and more difficult matter. Fortunately, there are not many authors on GA who write in Cockney Rhyming slang.

Thank you for your interesting comment. Yes, I know the difference between whiskies or is it whiskeys and I drink both. As for Cockney Rhyming slang, there was a Britcom ("As Time Goes By" or was it "Keeping Up Appearances") wherein there was a scene which had a character speaking in Cockney Rhyming slang and having to explain it to the person he was talking to. It'd be interesting to have to put a bit of slang into a story. Of course, I couldn't over do it, just use it as a bit of color for a character.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..