Jump to content
    Chirping
  • Author
  • 1,133 Words
  • 789 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

A Spell I Tell You! - 3. The battle of Jewel and the Frulinians

3. The Battle

Justin's View

Something wasn't right, just wasn't. The soldiers inside the walled town got up on the walls and started shooting arrows. There was cries of terror, grunting and screaming from the outer walls. We needed to get out! But the problem was the town was surrounded. I felt a tug on my sleeve and I looked over to my side and Nathen tugged on my sleeve.

"Come on, let's go!" He tugged again,I didn't want to move, finally I gave up and followed him.

We started over to the inn, and pushed inside. A few moments we heard the most terrible noise of all, (not all all, just something that would shake you in this point of life, but let's continue.) A loud crash, of wood falling over. Everyone prepared inside and pulled out bows and weapons then started attacking whoever got through the gates. The battle was harsh, and blood spew out onto the floor, swords were being driven into others hearts. We had no place to go, until a guard came in and told us to follow quickly.

Nathen's View

My heart was pounding from all this terror going on, I knew it was gonna get worser soon if we don't leave soon. We were hurried by the guard, and as we went outside it looked like dawn. Smoke arises into the air, and flames flew out of the houses, and the sky began to lit with the colors from the fire and ashes. We followed to what seemed to be a back gate and when we got out there, the wheat fields covered us up good, and in the distance you see citizens with horses and carriages out there.

The night was scary still as we began leaving Jewel. "Aye! We otta hurry now! They will soon find this trail we taken, now go and hurry off to Gravelinarch lands, and there will be Shining Meadows!" The guard rushed back in to help others. We caught up with the other people as our journey progressed.

                          ******

Gravelinarch was out far deep into the lands, as it was marked, in the hills. The people murmured as we joined the crowd. Most of them said stuff like, "Oh my chap, I'm gettin' abit thirsty." or "This trail otta feel like forever!" or, "I'm starving! When do we get there!" Me and Nathen kept quiet and as we turned around, what seemed like a nice village was now burnt to crisp, flames were still able to see, and smoke risen, from the flames.

Hours went by as we all grew tired and we stopped at "Brookylin River" to sleep, eat & drink. The day turned to night, and night turned to day, as we all woke up seemed like only a minute of sleep. We all started off into the glaring hot suns way. They continued talking to each other while we walk behind, the town was now gone from site. The green grass made sounds of russles from animals nearby, the blue skies were flooded with glaring hot sun. I sank abit growing sore and tired, Justin was the only one keeping me up, I never noticed how beautiful his eyes were, it was like clear crystals. His hair waved in the breeze...

Justin's View

After traveling on land, for what seems like days turned into weeks, then turned to a month... We finally arrived at the gates of Gravelinarch, (Grave-lin-arch, if you read it wrong.) The people upfront explained what happened, and a army of soldiers headed, north towards the kingdom of Frulie in the town called Franzel. We groaned tired of the walk, and we merely made it towards our inn, and passed out on our beds. Nathen glanced at me everyonce in awhile, I never knew why, but he just laughed when I asked. His laughter and voice was musi- Wait what? No, no off track of the complete story! Let me just turn back over.

We went out to a bakery to get bread, for supper. The day turned into a beautiful purple, then black along with stars poking out of the darkness. They all shone beautifuly. We rarely talked, because of our hunger, and tiredness, of walking for a month. After supper we got into bed, and fell asleep.

"Wake up! Wake up!" I got shooken alittle.

"W-what?" I groaned and rubbed my eyes, to see Nathen's beautif- face I mean face!

"Come on, I made breakfast."

"O-oh okay,"

Nathen headed over to the table, and I got up, and settled at the table. He made bacon, eggs and hashbrown, it was delicious! Nice and hot aswell.

"So will we live here forever or try to find a way out?" Nathen chewed, on his bacon.

"I don't know... but I did know that its been a month atleast.."

"I wonder hows life beyond this place.."

"Probably doing better then us, thats for sure!"

We both started laughing and continued eating, after that we put our plates away, into the sink and went outside in the busy streets. It was quite crowded in the morning, buckets of water hung above ladies heads, people pushing each other, horses in the lanes as well. We started moving into the crowds and got pushed around alot, I felt someone grip onto my hand and tugged me forward. It was Nathen.

The people in the town was average, and all you heard in the crowds was "Aye stop pushing me!" or "This is quite the crowd." or "Mummy! Daddy!" It seemed like busy hour here, or atleast every hour. I caught up with Nathen, and we made it at a bakery. We bought our bread and sat down at a seat inside.

"So where we off to?" Nathen bit into his breadstick.

"I don't know, but were running out of money." I looked at how much we had left.

"About 458 left."

"Oh, well thats just swell."

"What are we gonna do?"

"We can always ask for work that would be easier."

"Oh yeah," I bit into my bread and had a long thought.

We decided to head back, our plans to head to Beijong was overthrown, by the Frulinians. Oh and I hadn't told you guys about them yet, the Frulinians turns out to be a rebel of the Frulie people, has their own customs and everything. I got it all from a book I found which, was quite interseting.

Nathen's View

Justin and I got bored throughout the whole days staying here, working and working and working. Ugh! so much to do! We thought awhile as we raised 1584 Bit Coins, and we decided to get moving. We planned on heading to Bashram, off to the south of the borders into Jenro.

Copyright © 2015 Chirping; All Rights Reserved.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..