Jump to content
    Chirping
  • Author
  • 842 Words
  • 682 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

A Spell I Tell You! - 6. Spooks and Stuff

6. Spooks and Stuff

Nathen's View

Okay first of all. I'm not into deserts. at all, I always had a fear of sandstorms, and sand piling on me. Second, I'm afraid of getting lost. So being in the desert is one thing I don't wanna be in.

The "Red Moon" shone over the great sand dunes, as we started our journey again, I looked over to my left and Justin had his bag slunk over his back, limping alittle. I guess our feet was sore, and he might of gotten a sunburn, but the sand is hard to walk in. Ants and scorpians crawled around the sand, and we saw a cactus here and there. It was getting quiet so I walked closer and tried to start a conversation.

"Have you ever walked in a desert before? I never because I hated bugs and the reptiles in the desert."

"I have, and you'll get used to the bugs and everything soon." He sighed and continued. "A desert is like the plains except fewer animals less green, and alot of sand."

"Oh." I smiled alittle, and I looked back down at the sand, it wasn't cold it was still hot, just very dark.

We moved along slowly through the evening, advancing with each step we took. The snakes slithered nearby, I was afraid they would attack us sooner or later, but they hadn't yet only slithering behind us. The ants were crawling around everywhere. The lizards ran along the sand. I hadn't seen scorpions much though. We continued walking until Justin pointed out a tree in the distance, I was completely dry. We made our way over to the tree it was a Joshua tree.

We huddled over and started unpacking our bags.

"Hey umm," Justin's voice cracked alittle. "got any water left?"

I pulled out my leather canteen and opened it to peer inside.

Nothing.

"N-nope, ran out."

He sighed in disappointment,

"I'll go to that cactus over there and fill it up." He got up and snatched the leather canteen taking out his dagger and walked over to the cactus.

I sat there for alittle then started pulling out my sandwich, I saved. A snake slithered up to me while I took the first bite, and curled up my leg and gave a loud hiss.

"Ahh!" I dropped my sandwich and it fell to the sand with a plop, and I screamed with my dry voice.

Another snake began slithering up, my other leg, then one wrapped around my chest. I kept trying to scream out loud with my dry voice, "Justin! Justin!" He finally heard and looked over from his distance and quickly started running over, holding out his dagger. The snakes curled around me, a large one was around my neck and started tightening my neck. I used my arms and started hitting them with my hands, and one of the snakes bit my hand and latched on. I began to bleed, and it was hurting alot.

Justin was there and I slowly began to black out, he stabbed at the snake around my neck and yanked it off, and started pulling away the snakes from my chest, legs & hand. He viciously killed every single one. He rushed to my side and pulled me over, then letting go and started to open my mouth and poured water in.

"You'll be alright."

He pulled me back over and I fastened to sleep.

                                                     ********

I was greeted as I woke up with a guy in some turban, and also Justin on the other side, I also appeared to be in a room.

"You wake, drink."

He handed me a bowl of something steaming, and I drank it down. Ew yuck! I didn't want to spit it out, so I kept it in and swallowed. He took the bowl and left the room, and Justin came over to me.

"You okay?"

I nodded,

"Your probably wondering where we are. Well, were in some caravans house. Still in the desert though. He found us at the Joshua tree and took us under custody while the other caravans didn't want too."

"O-oh. How far off the trail are we?"

"Not far."

The conversation was interrupted when he came back in with our leather canteens and bags.

"I refilled bag with food."

"Thank you."

"Your welcome."

He set down the stuff and went back behind the curtain into probably the main room.

We were in there in silence alittle and I broke it.

"So hows your foot doing?"

"Fine. How about your hip?"

I lifted my shirt up, and showed him my hip side.

"Still swelling-ish."

"Well as long as your okay."

"So are we heading there still?"

"I guess so, its night though, can't barely see."

"No problem we can make it through one night."

I put my shirt back on, and we sat there for alittle, then started to get up. I looked at his cute little face, I wonder if he feels the same about me...

Copyright © 2015 Chirping; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I think some of the parts have been frustrating to me b/c it's not making sense, though it is a make believe world they got to by a spell lol it has just been frustrating to see them get shot with arrows and then land in swampy water suddenly be fine with no concern for infection. And they are able to hike all day too. Then he gets bit by a snake and is fine. he drinks from a cactus which is not recommended, and is fine. it just seems like these two are sailing along and with no experience, walking through a desert and not having any problems after all these events. I think they should at least raise a concern as these things happen. not just say, 'hey lets go and get back on the road covered with sand storms during the night.' Keep writing. Just something to consider.

Link to comment
On 02/14/2015 03:31 PM, Cannd said:
I think some of the parts have been frustrating to me b/c it's not making sense, though it is a make believe world they got to by a spell lol it has just been frustrating to see them get shot with arrows and then land in swampy water suddenly be fine with no concern for infection. And they are able to hike all day too. Then he gets bit by a snake and is fine. he drinks from a cactus which is not recommended, and is fine. it just seems like these two are sailing along and with no experience, walking through a desert and not having any problems after all these events. I think they should at least raise a concern as these things happen. not just say, 'hey lets go and get back on the road covered with sand storms during the night.' Keep writing. Just something to consider.
Okay, I'll try to add more to it, so it won't be so confusing.
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..