Jump to content
    Chirping
  • Author
  • 1,330 Words
  • 698 Views
  • 1 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

A Spell I Tell You! - 7. Love?

Valentines chapter really. Sorry if you feel like I was rushing through the chapter, I've been busy doing stuff. Tell me what you think in the reviews.

.7 Love?

Justin's View

I wanted to go so we can hurry but our plans got over thrown, once again. We had to sleep there for the night, so me and him slept in their guest room, I cuddled up on Nathen in the bed. After afew hours I got up, and looked through the window.

The sky was full of stars, and the real moon lit the ground, and in the distance mountains were able to be seen. Candles were on in the little brick huts and few people roam the outside.

I heard a grunt and I looked over at Nathen he was still asleep but I guess he was having a dream. He was tossing around. Oh did I ever mentioned? While Nathen was strangled where the cut was it opened up alittle, so I re bandaged it up again. I wonder if he will know about it. I turned back over to the bed and crawled myself into it, then resting my head on his chest.

I heard the beats of his heart, and his breathes. I didn't know how long I was doing that because I fell asleep later on. I was awoken with Nathen and his groans, lifting my head from his chest.

"Good morning." He yawned.

"Good morning to you too, and is there something wrong? I heard you groaning and grunting last night."

"Well nothing to be puzzled about. I just feel sore, thats all."

I was looking at his wound then, he tipped my chin up. His eyes were glistening, and I stared at them. He pulled my face closer to his, and then gave me a kiss. My face was red, my heart jumped. He then moved over to my ear and whispered.

"I love you," He hugged me and I was still red.

The man opened the door at the moment and looked at us.

"W-were leaving for the next town..." He slid the door close, and walked outside.

We giggled, alittle thinking we scared him off. Nathen tugged me over, as we laid there for alittle longer, then we got up and started putting on our shoes, then throwing the sack on my back. I followed Nathen out of the house, as the group of caravans started leaving, one direction, and we started off the other direction.

The scorching hot sun glared upon us, as we started off. While were walking I pointed out a oasis over head. The sun continued scorching us, as the sand heated up. We walked really slow, due to the disability of walking in the sand. We took sips from our canteens every once awhile. We drew closer and closer to the oasis, and when we finally got there I ran over to the water, aswell as Nathen and we took a quick drink from it and started refilling our leather canteens then jumped into the relieving water.

After wadding in the water we took our sandwiches that the caravan made for us and started unwrapping them. We sat there looking out across the desert.

"Hey umm... do you love me back?"

I looked at him and he had worry in his eyes.

"I do love you."

I drew closer to him and gave him a kiss. I draw back my head, and smiled at him. Then by a sound of a gallop a horse trotted over.

"Look out!" He shouted at me, pointing.

I looked over and the horse was hurdling towards us, and I quickly jumped over to the side, and the horse stopped at the water and dropped his head down making the rider fall off, with a thud.

"Ow.." groaned the rider.

"Who are you?" Nathen drew close to the rider.

"I'm Cor, and who may you be?" He looked at both of us, he had a young face, and blond hair. Tall and also wore armor.

"I'm Nathen and this is Justin."

"Oh, well sorry for ruining your little picnic, my horse wouldn't go where I wanted it to go, and probably saw the oasis and charged for it."

"Oh no worries, were both fine."

"Okay good."

The horse neighed, and continued drinking and I sat in the back, until Nathen came over and pulled me, over.

"So where are you heading?" Nathen asked.

"Well i'm heading for a town at the end of the desert, not too long from here. I have to deliver some packages, and a message from one of the kings."

"One of the kings? Are there more then one who rules the country here?"

"Yes, theres more then one. You guys should start moving, aswell for me. Don't wanna run into the bandits out here."

The horse finished drinking and he jumped onto the horse, and looked down at us.

"Something wrong?" We were puzzled.

"Oh, just wondering if you guys like to travel side by me."

"We would love to."

And so, we followed him. We had to walk on feet still he rode the horse. The sun burned my back once more. and we panted as we gotten slower. The horse was probably tired too. We kept walking and our shadows began to stretch out, as the sun began to hit the horizon. The sky brightened with magical colors of purple orange and yellow, as we kept going. The sand was cooling down and we stopped at another oasis for a quick eat and drink.

There was no time to sleep as we kept going. I grew even more tired, the arrow that struck my foot was making it hard for me to continue walking. I turned my head at Nathen, he was holding his side, so I came over, took his arms off his side and wrapped my arms around his sides and tuck my head onto his shoulder. He smiled and I did aswell giving him a kiss on the cheek. Cor turned his head over to us for a small glance and turned back into the other direction.

It was finally dark with stars poking through the sky, and the moon shining bright. We all moaned and groaned, as we kept walking. My legs were aching and so was Nathens. The horse slowed down alot. I was hoping we were drawing closer to the town. Then in the distance small mountains poked through the edge, and they slowly got bigger.

The sand pavement we were walking on suddenly turned to grass and trees also started appearing. Great! We finally got there. In the distance a little town started poking out of the edge, very far though. Fireflies flew across the area, as it began to grow into a forest. The crickets started cricketing, and a sound of a little thicket of water turned into a creak then a river. Boulders and rocks were laying around.

We stopped at the river to get a drink, it was nice and fresh the horse as there for along time. Cor settled at a tree and so did Nathen and me.

"I'll go get wood for a camp fire." Nathen said, holding his hand up.

"Okay go ahead, knock yourself out." Cor replied

Nathen got up and started through the forest for wood. Me and Cor was left there at the tree.

"So when did you two met?" Cor asked.

"I met him back when I was little. We were great friends."

"Oh, I see. I rarely meet anyone in the desert. I don't even have friends either."

"Well you might find some soon." I smiled, and he yawned.

"Yeah.."

Nathen came back with the fire wood, and we started a small fire. I started passing around the last sandwich and we all ate peacefully. Cor went to sleep after finishing his sandwich, so I crawled over to Nathen and yawned.

"I'm gonna sleep."

"Same."

He kissed my cheek and I rested my head on his chest, hearing his heartbeats. So this is love.

Valentines chapter really. Sorry if you feel like I was rushing through the chapter, I've been busy doing stuff. Tell me what you think in the reviews.
Copyright © 2015 Chirping; All Rights Reserved.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

  • Again my issue is with the reality of the injuries and that they can still go that far. I'd have had him go on the horse for a time. That foot would be in rough shape. I would hope he's cleaning it but they would probably have infection as an issue. better get it treated in the town. they got together finally which is nice. i'd love to see them have a convo about when they each fell for one another. It's a huge shift in their long friendship. I'd think they'd discuss it. It was a perfect V-day chapter. thanks

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..