Jump to content
    Chirping
  • Author
  • 902 Words
  • 802 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

A Spell I Tell You! - 5. The Morning Sun & Red Moon

5. The Morning Sun & Red Moon

Justin's View

Ugh, I just don't know where to start! The morning sun rose from the waters of this world and litted the skies. We were in a walk that felt like eternal. Let me flash back to where I've lost it. Oh I remember!

After fleeing from the walls of Graveinarch, we formed a plan of heading to a town far off. Right now were passing the great plains and then into the heavy sands. The plan was something, but I'm thrown off of whats going on back at home. I was wondering while Nathen gave me a gentle shove.

"Hey you okay?"

"Yeah, just wondering about my family."

"Well your not the only one."

He sighed, and continued.

"I'm sure we'll find a way out. Infact maybe theres some witch or something that can help us get back."

"Why are we traveling?"

"What?"

"I said why are we traveling?"

He didn't respond but gave a sigh again.

"Just because were here, I wanna might just explore alittle."

"But why?"

"Because. I just want too, don't question me..."

I went silent and we walked across the great plains. Caribou walked on the land grazing at the plentiful grass, horses galloped in the distance. I wonder what I just saw but something big soared above us. I took a little glance at it. It was a great pegasus flying by, never saw that before. Damn this world is different.

The breeze caught up to my hair and gave it a little whoosh. All day our feet was sore, and the only sounds I heard was our heavy breathes, the sound of the wind wizzing by, the clop plop clop of the horses and caribou nearby... Ahh, so nice today...

"ARGH! THE SUNS BURNING MY BACK!"

I started jumping around. Ugh! Nathen turned and looked at me, then patted me on the back with a grin. UGH IT BURNS...

We came across more things like birds and other animals. It was quiet exciting. The sun's glare was about on us, but I don't care the plains relaxed me as we headed deeper, into the plains.

We kept walking for another few hours, and came across a rock to sheild us from the sun but also near the desert. We quickly huddle over there, taking out our water and food. The sounds of our chewing, crunching, and slurping was something I was greatful about. After eating we began to sleep.

********

I was awaken by Nathen shaking me.

"Come on, we need to get there before it gets dark, and I don't wanna run into any bandits."

"Okay.." I thought and he was right, noth of us doesn't wanna run into trouble.

I got up and looked around, the great plains was empty on one side, only sand flying around. On the other side the great sands blew across and hit the rock, blocking us from the storm. Dang this must be dangerous. We came out from the rock and the sand wizzed into our eyes, and started poking us from the front as we blocked the sand with our hands. We began to struggle through the great deserts.

The sun was glaring at us, as we pushed through the winds. I looked over at Nathen, I could see hes struggling with his side, as for me, my foot was wrapped up, it hurts still though.Afew hours still we walked deeper into the desert and things got worser, the wind gotten stronger and picked up speed, then I heard him shout.

"Over here!"

I looked around through the sands for him, and rushed or I say walked due to the sand it made it hard for me to rush. He was hurrdled next to a rock, blocking out the sand, thank god. We huddled there and he pulled me close setting his head on mine. I had a throbbing heart, something was odd. My stomach kinda swelled.

I was tucked in his chest, as we waited for the wind to go away. He lifted me from his chest and grabbed food and water from his bag.

"Want a sandwich or the bread?"

"Bread please."

He handed me the bread and water. We began to eat again, the chewing and slurps was erupted again. I never knew we would make it this far but we did. We ate in silence until he broke the silence.

"So umm-" He cleared his throat. "- what were you worrying about them for?"

I thought before answering. "I just wonder if their safe."

"Oh... umm don't you ever feel like they don't miss you?"

I looked over at him and he was probably serious.

"Of course they miss us." I drew closer and pulled him into a hug. He had a shocked face before sniffing and then resting his head on my shoulder then letting go.

"Okay, then. I miss them too." He smiled alittle and we went back to eating.

After eating we looked over the rock.

The winds began to slow down and the sun was beginning to be less visible...

The sun was being blocked by the clouds making it easy to look at the sun without being blind and also turning the place look dark, the atmosphere turned red and shown brightly on the land. What they called this was the Red Moon...

Copyright © 2015 Chirping; All Rights Reserved.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..