Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

1550 Loring Lane - 1. Chapter 1 - The Bear Named Bear

MNBromo: "There's this hot big bear type guy in my class and his last name is Bear and it's hilariously perfect"
 
(Please note I used his sentence as a kind of writing prompt.  Every person is completely fictional and not biographical in the least. No bromos were harmed in the making of this story wink.png

The Bear Named Bear

“Dude, you’re totally perving on those guys aren’t you?”

“Well, are you checking out the ladies?” Tyler asked Logan looking him right in the eye. “Cuz I’m just checking out what I like.”

Logan laughed at his girlfriend’s roommate. This was his first time really talking with him. When Autumn told him she was living with a guy this year, he’d been pretty nervous. He knew what guys were like and he didn’t exactly relish some dude checking out his lady 24/7. Autumn assured him Tyler was gay so it wasn’t going to be a problem.

“So you check out guys like the rest of us look at women?” Logan asked. After he’d met Tyler, he didn’t really believe this whole gay thing. The guy acted totally normal, like any other guy. He loved sports and drank cheap beer like any other college man so it didn’t fit with his impression of gays.

“Why not? Doesn’t hurt anyone and I like the free show,” Tyler grinned evilly at Logan. “I’m eyeing you up right now.”

“Dude!” Logan exclaimed. “You are not checking me out, are you?” He had never considered that. It was a very warm September day at the University of Minnesota campus and they’d shed their shirts while walking down the street toward Coffman Hall. Lots of guys were shirtless today and Logan didn’t even notice it until now.

“Naw,” Tyler punched Logan and laughed. “Just yanking your chain. I’m into hot guys not skinny nerds.”

Tyler had been checking out the sweet abs of his roommate’s boyfriend but he wasn’t going to admit that to Logan. But, it didn’t hurt to let Logan stew just a little about guys checking out other guys. He noticed Logan had kind of started strutting a bit after his comment. Everyone likes a little attention now and then. It brings out the rooster in everybody.

“I gotta meet Autumn in here. You’ve got class now?” Logan asked.

“Yeah, first day of American Lit II. Figured I’d enjoy the sun as long as possible.” Tyler saluted and ran off toward Dixon Hall where his classroom was. He hoped there’d be some hunks in his class. He wouldn’t mind a little eye candy to keep the rest of the morning interesting. Boring class otherwise, he figured. Maybe he could even make a connection. Tony’s late night booty texts were getting old. Better than nothing, but someone to hang out with AND play around with would be cool.

As he neared the entrance, he saw that crazy old lady with the shopping cart full of old newspapers heading right for him. He wasn’t afraid of her, she was a fixture on the campus, but he’d rather avoid her if he could. She was talking to herself and gesturing wildly to her left. Her white, greasy hair stood up and made her look like a skeletal female version of Einstein. Only where Einstein had been a genius, this old lady was just nuts. Tyler stepped off into the grass to evade her craziness.

“Find the bear, and you’ll find love,” the old bat said. Tyler just kept moving, his sandy blonde head down, trying to ignore her. “Son, hey, boy, find the bear and you’ll find love,” she called out again.

Tyler snuck a peek back and she was definitely talking to him. She was no longer conversing with the invisible people in her head but looking right at him.

“Whatever,” he snorted and walked quickly up the stairs to the red brick classroom building. He opened the door and walked inside and away from the old banana nut muffin outside. People like her should be in a hospital or something. Leaving them to wander about the campus wasn’t safe. Not for her and definitely not for the rest of them.

Tyler’s classroom was big and the number of people in the group as he entered was pretty small. At the head of the room in front of a blackboard and behind a lectern was a tired looking woman with dark black hair. He presumed that was the professor. She was pulling papers from a satchel and checking off things on a piece of paper.

He didn’t recognize anyone in the room which wasn’t surprising. Given how big the campus was it was rare he knew another student. Sometimes he was shocked to find someone from his apartment complex or from his freshman dorm. Not today. It was just a small group of mostly women *groan* and a few guys, most of whom were pretty plain looking. One guy, in wire rimmed glasses, wasn’t too bad looking but he was sporting some pink t-shirt that said ‘Princess’ on it. ‘Typical,’ Tyler thought. ‘Just makes all of us look bad.’

Then HE stood up. Tyler’s breath caught in his throat. The big mountain of a man had been on the other side of a gaggle of girls. When he appeared, Tyler’s heart stopped for moment. The rest of the people in the room disappeared. All he could see was this magnificent tanned god who stood at least 6’4” and filled out a tight set of basketball shorts and a track shirt. He had a full beard, chocolate brown that matched the short crew cut on his head. He looked up, noticed Tyler and grinned.

Tyler felt a lump begin to grow in his throat. He swallowed but it was still there. Nothing else existed. Just the big guy and Tyler.

The guy grabbed the bottom of his track shirt and pulled it off over his head. Underneath was a form fitting tee that accentuated the man’s broad barrel chest and stretched perilously over the wide torso. And that’s when Tyler saw the hair…

The guy had chest hair sprouting from his collar. He had thickly forested hair on his forearms. Tyler looked down and his legs were covered in hair as well, so much it masked the dark, rich tan he had going on underneath. Tyler looked back up at his face and he was still smiling and looking back at him. He winked and Tyler felt a rush of blood go where his shorts wouldn’t adequately conceal it. Tyler sat down at a desk before he embarrassed himself.

Tyler pulled a notebook out of his backpack and grabbed a pen. He looked back up and the mountain of a man was sitting right next to him, still grinning at him.

“Ready for class?” the guy growled softly in a melodious baritone that tickled Tyler’s nether regions. He could feel goose pimples rise on his neck and arms.

“As ready as I’ll ever be,” Tyler answered, happy his voice sounded normal and didn’t crack with the nervous energy he was feeling.

“I’m gonna miss the freedom of summer but I guess it’s that time,” the guy said bending over to grab something out of his own backpack. The tight tee rode up as he did so and Tyler got a look at some seriously hairy lower back. It made him blush as he thought of how good it feel to reach over, caress his lower back and more…

“Let’s get started shall we,” the professor startled them all. The others in the room all took seats at random. The professor looked over the large room and grunted.

“Everyone move up here. You’re all scattered apart. This class is going to be working together a lot so let’s get acquainted. You two, move up here,” she said looking at Tyler and the hairy angel.

Tyler groaned and grabbed his things. The other man followed and sat right next to him again. Tyler liked how this was going. Maybe some lunch, a coffee, and a quick roll in the sack would finish off this fine day.

“First day, I’ve got to call off names and see who’s who,” she said. “Amy Anderson?”

A pimpled girl shyly raised her hand. “Cecilia Barrett?” An older woman raised her hand and waved to the professor.

“Now this is interesting,” the professor said grinning at her list. “Theodore Bear, IV.”

“Yo, you can call me Teddy,” the hairy guy said and winked at me, again. What was with this guy and winking? But, it also sent a little thrill down his spine to, well, you know where.

“Okay Teddy Bear,” the professor smirked and the whole class tittered in amusement. Tyler looked to see if the big guy was embarrassed by the teacher’s comment but he was just grinning and chuckling along with everyone else. Tyler just knew he had to get to know him better, even if he was just some muscle-bound straight jock. He was intrigued.

After handing out the syllabus and talking about the goals and grading of the class, the professor let them leave early. Tyler sat the entire time scheming how to ask Teddy to coffee. Maybe he’d suggest an early lunch instead. The guy had to eat all the fucking time to feed all that body mass. Perhaps he’d suggest a smoothie since Teddy was obviously a gym bunny. By the time Tyler figured out his game plan, the professor had dismissed them and a stream of people was heading out the door for the warm sunshine of the yard.

“Um, Teddy,” Tyler said turning to the big guy.

“Wanna grab a sandwich?” Teddy asked him. Tyler grinned. This wasn’t going to be as big a deal as he thought.

“Sounds great. I’m starving,” Tyler said collecting his things.

“So am I. Let’s get a sub from Erbert’s and eat at the park.”

“Perfect,” Tyler said and they walked out of the classroom.

Over the next couple of weeks, Teddy and Tyler were inseparable. They’d meet before and after classes. The two studied together at Tyler’s apartment which was near campus. On weekends, Tyler would head over to Loring Park where Teddy lived. The whole time Tyler wondered and plotted on how to ask this guy out. Hell, he didn’t even know which team he played on. Spending time together was effortless and they liked the same things. Their friendship grew and finally Tyler got his answer. It was in their American Lit class at the end of September.

“Since you’ve all read the Tennessee Williams play, ‘A Streetcar Named Desire,’ we are going to have small group discussions and you’ll be graded on participation,” Ms. Cowell said smiling. She figured most of the class had blown off actually reading the play itself when you could just rent the movie. But, they weren’t the same. Not entirely.

Tyler and Teddy had read the play and discussed it. Since they sat together and both knew the material, they teamed up. The woman named Celia and the kind of cute geeky guy who today was wearing a rainbow tee joined them. They moved the desks into a circle and Teddy started the discussion.

“So, who do you think Blanche represents?” he asked the group. Nobody spoke at first so Tyler decided he’d make some quick, easy points since the professor was monitoring them first.

“Blanche is the Old South. She represents the fading genteel class and old way of doing things. When Williams was writing this play, the entire socio-economic structure of the South was changing, becoming more industrial. Stella is the New South, a working woman with a blue collar husband.”

Tyler was pretty pleased with himself. When he and Teddy discussed this, it seemed like a great analysis of the symbolism Williams had evoked.

“I think Blanche is Tennessee Williams,” the geek said.

“How so?” Celia asked leaning forward.

“Williams was gay and he was alone at that point in his life. Blanche desired Stanley, the rough and vulgar man, but couldn’t bring herself to admit it. When I read a biography of Tennessee Williams it was apparent the guy liked his men hyper-masculine and unsophisticated. I think he wrote Blanche as himself and Stanley as his ideal.” Geek boy sat back with his arms crossed and smiled.

Tyler looked at him in amazement. “That sounds pretty far-fetched,” he said.

“Patrick, why do you think Williams would write himself in like that?” Teddy asked. Tyler looked thunderously at his buddy. How dare he start siding with that nelly nerd?

“I think Williams was working through his issues with rough men and Streetcar was his way of doing that,” Tyler fumed. That’s right. Geek boy’s name was Patrick. Jeez, how did Teddy remember that?

“So Williams’ issues with his own sexuality were being played out on stage for the audience to watch?” Teddy asked softly. “Pretty brave of him I’d say. I couldn’t do that. As an openly gay man, I couldn’t do that.”

Tyler’s mouth dropped open. Finally he knew. He’d been secretly lusting over a guy he COULD get. This was fantastic. Now, how to ask Teddy out?

“Especially given the time period, Williams was quite brave. But then, most people wouldn’t see him as Blanche and Stanley as his forbidden desire for macho men,” Patrick said looking directly at Tyler. Tyler reddened with anger at his insinuation.

“Well Pat, as a proud gay man myself, I couldn’t imagine parading my sexuality in public back then,” Tyler argued. “Not everyone is so obvious and flaunts it.”

Tyler looked at Teddy who was biting his bottom lip and thinking.

“My name is Patrick,” Geek boy said fiercely. “And the fact a couple of bromos like you guys hide your sexuality doesn’t mean the rest of us have to.”

Teddy looked up at Patrick and growled, “I don’t hide anything. That was uncalled for. There is nothing wrong with Tyler’s theory.”

“Nothing wrong with Patrick’s either,” Celia said smiling at the battle unfolding before her. “Williams may have lived in a more biased era but that doesn’t mean as an artist he wasn’t revealing his view of the world through his art. I think that’s what art is, communicating your viewpoint to others.”

“This is exactly what I like to see,” the professor said. “Obviously you have all read the material and considered what it means. I like a good spirited discussion. However, let’s pull back on the drama boys. It sounds to me like none of you are afraid to express your feelings, gay or otherwise.”

With that, Ms. Cowell left the group and went to another. Tyler glared at Patrick, who looked back with contempt at Tyler.

“Patrick, what’s a bromo?” Celia asked politely.

“Bromos are bros who are homos. They’re straight acting so they think they’re better than us queers who are a little more obvious.”

Teddy was shaking his head and looking down. Tyler wanted to punch Patrick the prissy little bitch right in the throat. Teddy raised his head and sighed.

“Patrick, maybe some guys have treated you badly, but Tyler and I aren’t like that at all. That wasn’t a fair accusation.”

Patrick looked down and scowled. “Sorry. I didn’t mean it to sound so bitchy. I’m just jealous that guys like you don’t face some of the names and bullying that sissies like me deal with.”

“I don’t think you’re a sissy,” Teddy said quietly. “You said what you thought and defended your argument. That’s pretty standup I’d say.”

“Look, Patrick, I’m sorry you got that impression of me,” Tyler said following Teddy’s lead. “I’ve dealt with stuff too. We all do.”

The discussion of how gay people treat one another followed. The guys seemed to believe the other had it better. Tyler thought flamers didn’t even have to come out while straight acting guys shocked and surprised everyone. Patrick thought being able to pass in society made life easier for bromos and it bothered him they’d do that. Teddy was more thoughtful and said they all had shit to deal with so it wasn’t worth fighting over. In the end, the three guys went out for coffee and it wasn’t too bad by the end. In fact, they were friendly when they parted.

Tyler wanted to get a lot more friendly with Teddy. That’s for sure.

Problem was they were friends. You don’t just ask a good friend, especially someone you considered your best friend out on a date. It seemed too creepy. So for over two weeks, Tyler and Teddy would hang out and talk, go get lunch, go out clubbing, and never talked about THEM. Tyler was getting very annoyed because his feelings for Teddy were becoming more intimate and affectionate.

One night, a week before Halloween, Tyler was hanging out with Autumn and Logan at their apartment. Tyler was having a couple of beers with them.

“So where’s your Teddy Bear tonight?” Autumn teased.

“Don’t call him that,” Tyler grouched. He didn’t like when they called him that. He used that little thought himself, late at night or in the morning in the shower. Tyler would think particularly filthy things about what ‘his Teddy Bear’ would do to him and so on… Autumn and Logan saying it was embarrassing.

“I thought that was his name,” Logan said smirking around his Natural Light can and grinning mischievously at Tyler.

“He’s not ‘my’ Teddy Bear. At least not yet,” Tyler said letting his voice fall at the end.

“Why not? You should ask him out already. All you do is mope around when he isn’t here and whine about him,” Autumn said. “Jump his bones why don’t you.”

“I’m trying to figure out how to do that. We’re like best friends. I’m afraid he’ll think it’s weird or something.”

“Be like Nike and ‘just do it,’ dude,” Logan said shrugging his shoulders.

Tyler thought about it. Maybe Logan was right. If he got Teddy drunk and seduced the guy, it would solve his problems. They’d have a drunken fling and then like with Tony it could become more. Wait, he and Tony weren’t anything more than hookups, but with Teddy it would be different.

Tyler finished a couple more beers chatting with them and went to bed. It was in bed he began thinking of all the things he’d do to his Teddy Bear. His mind raced with the possibilities as he fell asleep. “This weekend,” he said to his clock radio. This weekend indeed.

Tyler and Teddy went to a house party. Tyler made sure Teddy’s cup runneth over the entire time. They did shots. They drank garbage can punch. Hell, they even played a couple of rounds of beer pong and finally Teddy was staggering a bit. Tyler kept pretending to drink because he wanted a nice buzz but he didn’t want to pass out on the guy. Teddy was so much bigger he could stand a lot more booze.

They stumbled to Teddy’s apartment at Loring Park and burst through the front door. Other times when they had went out clubbing, Tyler would sleep on the futon in the living room. Not tonight, Tyler thought smiling at the thought of what they were about to do.

“Man, I’m so wasted,” Teddy said, beaming and side hugging Tyler. Tyler felt himself melting into the big guy and loving it.

“How about a shot before bed?” Tyler suggested unscrewing a bottle of tequila, or as Teddy called it, Ta-Kill-Ya.

“No way. I’m having a beer and then it’s nighty-night for the old Teddy Bear,” the big guy grinned and tousled Tyler’s hair. Tyler loved the feel of the guy’s hand on his head. He took a shot of Ta-Kill-Ya for himself and handed Teddy a beer.

“Here’s to good friends and great parties,” Teddy raised the beer can to clink. Tyler shot the booze down and decided now was the time. It was time to jump his big hairy bear’s bones.

“You are the best,” Tyler started and moved closer to Teddy on the couch. “You are the best thing to happen to me in my life.”

“Back at cha,” Teddy slurred and took a drink grinning at Tyler.

Tyler moved a little closer and put his hand on Teddy’s shoulder, looking him in the glazed eye. “I mean it,” and Tyler leaned in for the kill.

“Whoa, buddy, what’s up,” Teddy said grabbing Tyler’s face in both hands. He cupped the smaller man and looked at him closely. “Were you gonna kiss me?” he asked.

Tyler just closed his eyes, pulled Teddy’s hands down and attacked. Their mouths mashed together but Teddy pulled away.

“Dude, don’t, what…are you doing?”

“I’m just letting you know how I feel about you,” Tyler said and tried kissing him again.

“Tyler, we gotta talk.”

Tyler leaned back confused. In all his feverish scenarios, he’d never imagined Teddy pulling away from him. What was going on? This wasn’t how it was supposed to be.

“Tyler, I’m seeing someone,” Teddy said placing his hand on Tyler’s shoulder. “I love you dude, but like a brother. Not like that, like this.”

Tyler’s face and heart fell. “Who?”

“Patrick and I have been going out for a couple of weeks and its good. It’s really good and I don’t wanna fuck it up.”

Tyler just looked at Teddy, his brain unable to process this unfortunate turn of events. ‘What about me? Teddy Bear, what about me?’ Tyler’s head said and the answer wasn’t something he could even consider. Instead he gathered all the hurt he felt as Teddy’s words became real to him and directed it at the person who did this to him.

“Fucking prissy little Patrick?” Tyler felt his wrath unwinding.

“He’s not like that. He’s sweet and funny and he really makes me feel good,” Teddy tried to catch the other man’s eyes but it wasn’t working.

“I can’t believe you’d do this to me. How could you do this to me? You never told me about this?” Tyler was on his feet and the full impact of it hit. “I tell you everything but you don’t tell me you have a fucking boyfriend like HIM.”

“Tyler, I wanted to tell you about this but it was so new and I didn’t know and…” Teddy’s words became all mixed up as he saw Tyler’s face turn bright red.

Tyler didn’t hear any more. He was out the door and ran to the bus stop. His Teddy Bear was Patrick toy. It hurt too much. His Teddy Bear hadn’t been his one true love after all.

********************************

Over the next couple of weeks, he saw them everywhere. Whenever he went to class, there they were. Teddy was laughing and smiling and that mincing little prissy bitch, “My name is Patrick” was always there, touching him. The little faggot was there touching HIS Teddy Bear. He wanted to go up to “My name is Patrick” and kick the fucking shit outta him.

He’d lost his shot at love. At times, Teddy would see him and smile forlornly at him, but Tyler kept his distance. Teddy would pay for betraying him. That was for sure. He’d rue the day he fucked over his best fucking friend.

By the time those two weeks had passed, the anger had left Tyler empty and sad. Now he was just alone and without his best friend.

One day, a week before Thanksgiving break, he saw the two of them together with Patrick touching, always touching Teddy. It made Tyler shake his head. He headed for his last class of the day when he felt a hand touch his arm. He turned and saw red. It was “My name is Patrick.”

“What the fuck do you want?” Tyler spit at the other man.

“Tyler. Sorry. I just wanted…I mean it’s Teddy’s birthday this weekend and. Fuck,” Patrick said and started walking away.

“It’s Teddy’s birthday and what,” Tyler said, not realizing he was going to say those words.

Patrick stopped and turned around. He smiled sheepishly and stepped toward Tyler, hope written on his face.

“It’s Teddy’s birthday and I’m throwing him a party. He misses you so much and I know you hate me but…”

“You want me there for him. You want me to be there for his sake,” Tyler said and realized he was going to go. The anger, frustration, and embarrassment had dissipated. He missed his friend more than he was pissed about losing him as a fantasy. That’s all ‘his Teddy Bear’ had been. He’d been a fantasy, though a good one for sure.

“I’ll come, for Teddy. I miss him too,” Tyler said and he meant it.

That night was bitterly cold and when Tyler got off the bus he wondered if this was really such a good idea. Maybe going back to the warmth of his apartment and the understanding of Autumn and Logan would be better. Would he just flip out at Patrick? Would he get drunk and throw himself at Teddy? Tyler paused but he needed to go. He had to be there and repair the friendship, for himself if not for Teddy.

“Tyler!” Teddy shouted as he opened the front door. 1550 Loring Lane, Apartment 202 was rocking if the sounds coming from behind his buddy were any indication. Past Teddy’s broad shoulders and thick torso was a crowd of people whooping it up and dancing. Tyler smiled and handed Teddy a package. He then hugged Teddy closely and let the man’s warmth wrap around him.

“I’m so glad you came. I’ve missed you so much,” Teddy slurred. Obviously, some Ta-Kill-Ya had been consumed already from the smell of it.

They talked until Tyler pushed Teddy over to Patrick. “Thanks for inviting me,” he said to the geek who smiled back in appreciation. “I needed to do this.”

There were lots of people Tyler didn’t know and apparently they all loved Teddy and Patrick. He felt somewhat isolated in this group and thought he’d probably leave after a short stay. He was in the corner alone drinking a final beer when he felt someone looking at him.

“Mind if I join you?” a blond man asked. He was thin, shorter than Tyler’s six foot, and had short, spiky blonde hair.

“Why not?” Tyler said. He took another sip and realized he was being rude and distant. This was a party and he was acting like a wet blanket. “I’m Tyler.”

“Really?” the guy said and smiled seductively, or at least that seemed to be the look he was going for. Tyler smiled back and raised his beer. “I’m Jade. It’s nice to meet you.” The guy was positively sexual dynamite with those looks he was giving Tyler. The evening was taking a dramatic turn for the better.

“So, what brings you to Teddy’s party?” Tyler asked, sounding genuinely curious.

“A Ford Taurus,” Jade said with a twinkle in his eye. Tyler laughed. Not just a little laugh, but a full on belly laugh that he hadn’t experienced in say two weeks or so. It felt so good to feel and that laugh calmed his nerves.

“Well, a bus brought me so you’ve got me beat,” Tyler finally said.

“I don’t think anything could beat those glittering blue eyes,” Jade said looking directly at him. “I’m sorry. That’s weird.” The guy started chewing the inside of his cheek nervously.

“That’s a really sweet thing to say,” Tyler said warming to the guy. “Your golden brown eyes are pretty unbeatable as well.”

“You’re a terrible flirt,” Jade said and slapped at Tyler with one hand. “If you keep this up I’ll have to take you home with me.”

“That could be arranged,” Tyler said. “Wanna make out?”

“You’re bad,” Jade said and flit his lashes stepping closer. He gently touched Tyler’s arm and smiled again. “I like that in a guy.”

“Come here then,” Tyler said and leaned down. When his lips touched Jade’s a little spark shocked them both. It must have been the static electricity that zapped them. “Lightning strikes,” Tyler chuckled.

“Yeah,” Jade said and opened his mouth wider and attacked. He may have been a little smaller than Tyler but he was voracious when it came to necking.

The two of them were like high school kids, kissing and groping in the corner. Every few minutes, they’d come up for air and talk. Jade loved football and soccer, just like Tyler. Tyler loved thrillers and suspense movies and Jade was also a fan. They both loved Indian food. Jade was a business major too and wanted to go into marketing.

“I see you met my roommate,” Tyler heard and pulled away from the deliciousness that was Jade’s full ruby lips.

It was Patrick. He was smiling, and so was the big hairy bear standing behind him.

“You’re Patrick’s roommate?” Tyler asked looking at Jade in surprise.

“I am. I maybe should have said something earlier.”

“You know who I am then,” Tyler said, embarrassment colored his cheeks replacing the passion he’d felt moments ago.

“I do. But, I had no idea you’d be so hot and cool,” Jade said. His eyes were begging for forgiveness. Tyler just shrugged.

“That’s okay. I guess the joke’s on me.”

“What joke?” Jade asked, touching his cheek.

“It was foretold I’d meet you.”

Jade looked confused. Teddy and Patrick looked uncomfortable. Tyler just smiled up at them and then pulled Jade in for another kiss. “Nothing. I believe we were interrupted.”

“Okay. I see you’re doing better,” Patrick said but Tyler didn’t look up. All he could think was what the crazy old woman had said.

“Find the bear, and you’ll find love.”

Sure enough, the bear had led him to what could be love. Maybe. Jade sure felt right to him.

That's just one apartment out of the forty or so at 1550 Loring Lane. More mysterious and quirky things are in store for you.
Cole
Copyright © 2017 Cole Matthews; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 40
  • Love 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Clever! Clever! Nice story and I like the writing style. As a U of M alum from back in the dark ages you had me hooked with "Loring".

Link to comment
On 09/30/2013 05:44 AM, stanollie said:
Clever! Clever! Nice story and I like the writing style. As a U of M alum from back in the dark ages you had me hooked with "Loring".
Thanks. I couldn't resist using Loring Park as the setting for these stories. So much gay history there.
Link to comment
On 07/01/2014 01:16 AM, Suvitar said:
That was nice, I´m glad Tyler found his love even if it wasn´t his Teddy Bear :)
Thanks Suvitar! You never know what happens at 1550 Loring Lane. Tyler got what he needed I think instead of what he wanted.
Link to comment

Great story with a very neat twist to it. Very satisfying ending and a really good read. Thanks.

Link to comment
On 07/21/2014 05:34 AM, Jaro_423 said:
Great story with a very neat twist to it. Very satisfying ending and a really good read. Thanks.
Thanks Jaro! It was the reason i started 1550 Loring.
Link to comment
On 10/16/2014 05:26 AM, Timothy M. said:
Tyler seems to jump from one fantasy to the next, but hopefully he got it right with Jade.
He is young and who knows! I believe his eyes were opened a little. Thanks Tim!
Link to comment

Great premise here. An entire apartment building on the edge of reality, with each unit a story to tell. The first one was cool. I figured at first that Teddy was the love that the old lady meant Tyler would find, but saw pretty quickly that it wasn't going that way. The party and Jade being Patrick's roomie was a nice way of settling that out.
Maybe Jade will ease Tyler down a bit. There's one tightly-wound dude there!
Glad I stopped by. Any rooms for rent here? :)

Link to comment
On 01/29/2017 05:46 PM, Geron Kees said:

Great premise here. An entire apartment building on the edge of reality, with each unit a story to tell. The first one was cool. I figured at first that Teddy was the love that the old lady meant Tyler would find, but saw pretty quickly that it wasn't going that way. The party and Jade being Patrick's roomie was a nice way of settling that out.

Maybe Jade will ease Tyler down a bit. There's one tightly-wound dude there!

Glad I stopped by. Any rooms for rent here? :)

I'm glad you're enjoying the premise and liked the story. I've always love the Twilight Zone style of twists and turns. Hope you enjoy!

Link to comment

You rarely see what is in front of you. Sparks flew from Patrick and Teddy from their first meeting. Tyler might have had a chance but he put it off so long it gave Patrick time to start in. Now, Tyler has met Jade and had his own sparks fly. Maybe he will take this shot. Interesting start. Can't wait to see where you take it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
12 hours ago, comicfan said:

You rarely see what is in front of you. Sparks flew from Patrick and Teddy from their first meeting. Tyler might have had a chance but he put it off so long it gave Patrick time to start in. Now, Tyler has met Jade and had his own sparks fly. Maybe he will take this shot. Interesting start. Can't wait to see where you take it.

 

Thanks so much. This is the whole story.  The rest of these stories are other ones about different topics and characters with the building being the central theme.  It’s a special place where strange coincidences happen.  I appreciate the comment! 💋

  • Love 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..