Jump to content
    comicfan
  • Author
  • 4,447 Words
  • 2,525 Views
  • 4 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

2019 - Fall - Fall From Grace Entry

An Abomination"s Love - 2. The Act

Daniel needs help but what will he find?

I knocked so hard on Elder Underwood’s door I nearly knocked it off its hinges.

“What the …Daniel?” The Elder took one look at me and stepped back. “Come in and take a seat.”

I could barely see. I’d run here on pure instinct. I hadn’t even noticed the tears, but once I sat down I began to sob uncontrollably. It took a few minutes ‘til I realized a blanket was draped over my shoulders and a steaming cup of tea sat before me.

“Daniel, you need to tell me what is wrong before I can help. It is rare for a warrior to come see me.”

I took a sip of the tea and tried to get my thoughts in order.

“I…I found my mate tonight, but there is a problem. He…he.” I couldn’t go on.

“Daniel, what is wrong with him?”

I looked up in alarm. It took me a moment to realize he was asking me if and not telling me something had happened to Seth.

“He is leaving with his mother,” I whispered.

Elder Underwood nodded and stood up, going into his kitchen. When he returned he was carrying a tray with three more cups and a pile of sandwiches. He set it down before me and patted my shoulder. “The ones we need to talk with are on their way.”

Before I could ask any questions there was a knock on Elder Underwood’s front door. He walked over and opened it to admit Alpha Edward and Susan Tremont. I went to stand and was waved back to my seat by my alpha.

“Dennis, what is going on? Why did I need to bring Susan?” Alpha Edward looked between the elder and myself.

“Because we have an issue that is going to affect all of us and we need to make some hard choices quickly.” Elder Underwood led Susan to a chair and then sat down. “When Susan asked to go for treatment, none of us expected there to be any sort of issue. You’re good friends with Alpha Bradley. Hell, your mate is his sister, Ed.”

I watched as Susan looked between our alpha and the elder. I could sense her confusion.

“But we didn’t know what would happen tonight, Ed.” The elder turned his focus on me. ”Tonight, Daniel Long found his mate as given to him by Goddess Diana Luna. Tonight it was revealed his mate is Seth William Tremont, thirteen year old son of Susan, and he is due to leave here tomorrow with his mother forever.”

Susan looked with growing horror between Alpha Edward and I. “No. He’s just a boy. He’s my son.”

“He’s my mate,” I shouted.

“Oh my Goddess,” Alpha Edward said as he face palmed.

And then began the hardest night of my life. It had already been decided Susan and Seth would go to Canada, giving up their pack status and their American citizenship so Susan could get treatment. My own mother, Helena Long, had handled all the legal matters so they could leave in the morning. Only now that Seth was my mate I could prevent this from happening. It would mean forcing him away from his mother while she fought for her life, alone in another country forever. Or force him to know I am his mate, while I give up everything, go rogue, and follow him, because I wouldn’t be able to get everything done in less than eight hours when they left, destroying both his and my future.

“I’m doomed.” I curled up on the couch feeling miserable and unsure what to say or do.

“I’m not ready to lose my son. He is too young. That is why the Moon Goddess makes us wait until we’re seventeen!” Susan sat with her arms wrapped around herself, looking like she was ready to break down at any moment.

Alpha Edward looked stone faced.

It was only Elder Underwood who stroked his face and seemed lost in thought. “I…I think I might have a solution, but none of you are going to like it. Daniel, this will be up to you. You will suffer like no other wolf has. Susan, you’ll get Seth, but it might cost you as much as Daniel later.”

“What do you have in mind, Dennis?” Edward asked as he looked from Susan to me.

“Look, we have caused a mess. Everyone knows when a wolf comes of age he changes,” began Dennis.

“We all know this. I mean Garret and I were lucky. We found each other within a month of our birthdays. We were only four days apart and lived within neighboring packs.” Susan unconsciously wrapped her hands around the locket she wore.

“Yes, Susan. If you find your mate, you quickly move in together. As soon as you mate your wolves are content and become a happy couple. However, if your mate is underage you stay close and wait until they are of age. The pack knows all of this because the family is informed and everyone helps to keep things under control until both are of age. Our problem is Susan and Seth are leaving and the whole pack knows we approved it. We never suspected Seth could be anyone’s mate.”

I growled from my seat.

“We’re sorry, Daniel. It just never occurred to us, but this could tear the pack apart.” Alpha looked hurt as he stared at me.

I couldn’t let the pack be hurt; I was a pack warrior. There would be many who would demand Susan stay so I wouldn’t go rogue, dooming her and causing my mate to be hurt. Others would say I should leave with them, forcing Seth to realize I was his mate and know he would never be able to say or do anything without knowing I’d given up my pack and position for him.

“Can’t he just say he didn’t find his mate yet?” Susan asked.

“Unfortunately, no. You know that, Susan. Once a pup is of age his wolf wants his mate. It becomes an imperative. They’ll request permission from every pack to come visit at the next full moon and go from pack to pack until they find them. I think the longest we’ve had anyone look is three years before they found their mate in an English pack. It was him traveling with his younger sister, who found her mate in the airport on the way home.” Dennis took a sip of his tea before he continued. “If Daniel went traveling without the influence of his family or mate, he’d go rogue and would attack everyone to get to Seth.”

Susan stared at me and then nodded. “I couldn’t do that to Seth or you,” she said quietly.

“I won’t allow this to hurt Seth or the pack,” I muttered looking at the three adults in the room.

“Well, there is only one thing I can suggest,” Dennis stated. “We lie.”

“Lie?” Alpha Edward looked at Dennis but said nothing more.

“Susan, you are going to have to send Dan items that hold Seth’s scent weekly. You can send a more detailed letter about his life monthly, but he’ll need to surround himself with his mate’s scent so he doesn’t lose it. Between that and staying near his family it will keep him grounded.” Dennis looked from Susan to me and back again. “Luckily, you’ll be with your father daily. His scent will keep you grounded to your family.”

“What are we lying about?” I asked watching as my elder bit his lip.

“Ed and I are going to let everyone think you refused your mate. You’ll go tonight with the others, not to find your mate but as protection for them. If people think you refused your mate then they won’t expect you to leave the pack like any other pup would.”

Susan and Ed looked at Dennis with a combination of horror and disbelief on their faces.

“We will have to protect Dan from any sort of backlash. His family will be there, and he will have weekly updates from you, Susan. Dan, this is all up to you. Most people will hate you, and it will be years before we can clear your name. Are you okay with this?”

It was the solution from hell, but it was all we had. Susan and I agreed to it. Alpha Edward and Elder Dennis created the cover story, binding us all together, allowing Susan to leave with Seth and me with the smallest hope my mate might still be mine. Alpha Edward said he knew just who to speak in front of to get the rumor going. Of the five lives this would involve, only Seth would be kept completely in the dark. My mate would live his life never knowing I let him go and would be hated by all so he could be with his mother.

*-*-*-

Present Day

I trailed after Brandy, Barry, and Kara toward the stage. We were Patrick’s Warriors. As I followed I passed my mother and Lyta who stood at the edge of the stage. Lyta reached for me, only for my mother to sweep her up and turn her back on me. My own father growled at me, letting his wolf surface and claws began to grow.

“Omar.” Alpha Edward called my father.

He hugged my mother and sister and rushed up towards the alpha, ignoring me.

It hurt, but not like it once had. Everyone ignored me except when in battle. I’d lost my family within twenty-four hours of it becoming known that I’d supposedly rejected my mate. My fellow warriors no longer held back in practice and my tutors looked away whenever they hurt me in practice. I’d become an outsider, no, an abomination. Alpha Edward had declared I would remain a warrior and once my parents threw me out he gave me an old hunting shack at the edge of the pack’s property to live in. I was shunned and ignored. It seemed the only use anyone had for me was to die defending the pack.

The only people who would acknowledge me and talk to me were Dennis and Ed. Even Patrick, Edward’s son, ignored me. He had begged to get a different warrior, but his father refused. I was only kept going by the monthly letter from Susan about Seth, as well as my weekly scent package. Without them I’d have lost my mind and gone rogue.

The pack kept talking in low tones, but left a gap between me and themselves where I stood near the stage.

“We should just wait ‘til Pat is in charge and ask him to strip that abomination of his position.”

I heard the whisper, but before I could track it, there was movement behind me.

Alpha Edward strode to the front of the stage smiling.

“My son, Patrick, future Alpha of the Dark Woods Pack has finally found his mate. After over a year of searching he has found himself a stunning young woman. She is the daughter of the Beta of the Golden Timber Pack. Her name is Cassandra LaBella and she shall be arriving with her chaperones later this week. Friday Patrick and Cassandra will be married and on Sunday they will be made the new Alpha and Luna of the Dark Woods Pack. All new positions will be sworn in at that time. Dismissed.”

I watched as my parents met and hugged each other. My father leaned in and whispered something in Lyta’s ear making her giggle. They all looked so happy. Lyta waited ‘til my parents started walking away from me and waved. It broke my heart to see her grow up and not be allowed to see or talk to me.

“Hang in there, Dan. His birthday is soon. After next week, you can go up and approach him.” Dennis patted my shoulder as he watched everyone give me a wide berth.

“His birthday is Wednesday.” I sighed and turned to face Dennis. “Patrick has informed me that after he becomes alpha he plans to send me out of the pack and inform everyone that I’ve broken faith with the Goddess and refused my mate.”

Dennis’s eyes glowed and I could see his wolf attempt to take over. Dennis rarely became angry. “His father and I have both instructed him that this matter is settled. He will not like it, if I have to step in. It is only with my permission as an Elder and sole judge that a wolf may be barred from a pack. If he attempts it, I can have his alpha-ship dismissed in favor of another. He better be very careful.”

I shrugged. “He’s found his mate. The pack moves forward. I am to be a footnote and the hidden disgrace of his father’s time as alpha. After I am either made Warrior or dismissed and made a rogue I plan to go see Seth. I need him to make a choice. He will be of age and I will either be granted my mate or my release from the torture I’ve had to endure.”

“I’ll see to your travel after the ceremony. You’ll be on a plane by Monday night.” Dennis hugged me tight. “I promise by the Goddess, Dan.”

It felt odd to be hugged. No one had hugged, or touched me in a way that wasn’t a fight hold since that night long ago.

I left the pack house and began my trek back to my place. As I was about to turn the corner I heard Ms. Tessa Leary running her mouth. She is the werewolf Ed and Dennis let overhear their discussion stating they thought I had rejected my mate while seeing the other packs early in the morning. She ran and spread that so fast that my own parents heard it so many times before I’d come back from the visit to both the Maple Leaf Pack in Vermont and the Hidden Lake Pack in Connecticut. Everyone had made up their minds and no one was going to let me defend myself.

“Yes, Marissa. I swear that our future alpha is going to be so good. He found his beautiful mate and is already hoping to have a baby right away. He even plans to get rid of the trash.” Tessa nearly gushed as she spoke. “Oh, yes, it’s about time someone took care of the trash around this pack!”

I froze and just listened.

“I promise you, he’s going to be a good leader. I told him his father is a fool to keep that…that abomination in our sweet pack. That thing should have been put down. If I had been Luna or.” Her voice stopped cold.

I stepped from behind the house to find Alpha Edward standing in front of Tessa, his fangs out and his claws sprouting from his fingers.

“So do finish telling us what you convinced my son to do. After all, I’m an old fool who couldn’t possibly run this pack, right?” Ed growled each word and slowly added his power as alpha to each word. By the time he finished it was nearly a shouted command.

Marissa kneeled in submission with her throat exposed.

I watched as Tessa dropped to her knees. “I…uh. I went with two others and told your son after you…uh..stepped down that he should either toss Daniel out of the pack or have him killed.”

The demand of the alpha had forced her to admit what she had done.

“Who else went with you?” growled Alpha Edward.

“Warrior Barry Mecca and Lucy Vita,” Tessa whispered.

“You convinced a Warrior-to-be to go against his fellow Warrior, and had the nerve to go to my son to sentence Dan to death!” Ed was losing the battle with his wolf for control.

I knew there were some people wouldn’t talk to me, and that they had no respect for me at all, but I hadn’t realized that I hadn’t just fallen from a pedestal and was despised, there were pack members actively seeking my death for something that had never happened.

“Yes.” She turned and dared to stare him eye to eye.

“And just what did you say?” My alpha’s voice dropped a notch as his eyes glowed a bright gold color.

“I said that not only did he reject his mate, but I’ve seen him go for Lyta. Dan would attack a child. He is an animal and can’t be trusted.” She dared to stand up to the alpha. “He needs to be gone and if you were too weak to do it, Patrick should!”

Marissa whimpered and rolled onto her back as Alpha Edward let out a terrifying howl. A moment later Tessa crashed to the floor, her face had a long scratch that went from her ear to her chin. I was shocked that Tessa hadn’t been killed.

Kara and Brandy nearly sprinted into the yard stopping before the scene they encountered. A moment later Barry, my father, and the other active Warriors arrived.

“I want Barry, Tessa, and Lucy Vita taken to the pack holding cells.” Alpha Ed growled at his warriors. “I want my son and Elder Dennis brought to my office. No one is to speak of this until the Elder has made a decision.”

Kara and Brandy grabbed Tessa off the floor and carried her unconscious body between them.

Barry took a look at the alpha and then his father. For a moment he stood tall and defiant. Then he looked at our alpha and finally his own father. It was like watching a balloon deflate as he suddenly seemed to shrink into himself. My father and Barry’s led him after Tessa. The other two warriors left to go find Lucy.

Marissa shivered on the floor. Even from where I stood I could smell her urine. “Go home and clean yourself up, Marissa. I’ll warn you now, if I hear one word about what occurred here from anyone, you’ll be joining in the punishment given to those three.”

“No one will hear from me, Alpha.” Marissa climbed to her feet and ran away as quickly as she could.

Only I was left to watch as Alpha Edward dropped to his knees. He just sat there in shock, I think. I finally took a step toward him when he seemed to realize I was still there. He held out his hand, indicating I should stop. He got to his feet and wiped his pants off before he finally looked at me.

“Go home, Daniel. I made this mess and I’ll clean it up.”

He turned and headed into the pack house and I turned to go home to my shack.

The pack was wired for the next few days. Everyone knew something had happened but no one knew exactly what. Some said there was a rogue attack, and others said it was something to do with Patrick’s wedding. Tessa, Barry, Lucy, Patrick, Alpha Edward and Elder Dennis weren’t seen at all.

It was late Wednesday night when news came, that Cassandra and her group would arrive around sunrise. While the rest of the pack followed directions and setup fairy lights and flowers for the arrival, I was summoned to Ed’s office.

In some ways I felt like I was approaching my own execution. I knocked and waited.

“Come in, Dan.” Alpha Edward’s deep voice grumbled through the door.

I opened it and was surprised to find Ed and Dennis, as well as Patrick and my father.

“Take a seat, Dan.” Ed waved to the couch on the side of the room, leaving my father and Patrick standing in the center. Ed sat behind his desk and Dennis sat beside the couch.

I couldn’t look at my father and found myself staring at the floor instead.

“By decree, Omar and Patrick have done you wrong,” Elder Dennis stated quietly. “One cost you your home, the other planned to take your life.”

I could feel the tears but refused to let them fall.

“I only ask this of you, Dan. Did either of them ask you to confirm or deny the rumors?” Alpha Edward asked me, but his eyes only stayed on his son.

“Um. No, Sir. My father said to get out and Patrick,” I paused and took a deep breath as the first tears fell. “Patrick ignored me or called me Abomination.”

“Have you ever attempted to hurt either of them or any other member of the pack?” Elder Dennis stood glowering at my father.

“No,” I cried out in disbelief.

“Elder, I ask you to prove his innocence.” Alpha Edward stood and grabbed both his son and my father by their necks and tossed them on the floor before me. “Bind them so if anyone lies, all three of their mates die.”

My father and Patrick immediately began to change only to have Elder Dennis slam his hands onto both of them and begin to chant. Both froze and could just move their eyes.

“Take both of their hands, Daniel. Dennis is going to temporarily tie your souls together. Their will be no lies.”

I took both their hands in mine and then Dennis touched my forehead and everything that had happened to me since that night played out like a movie in fast forward. Every word, action, hurt, pain and lie was laid bare. How everyone ignored me, no one asked for the truth, there was all times the times the warriors, including my father, used me and abused me in training. How Patrick and the soon to be pack leaders attacked and shunned me. How plans were made for my dismissal by Patrick. How my father and mother told Lyta I was a monster and how she cried for months for me. They saw my truths and I was forced to see their lies.

I finally released them and felt cold down to my core.

Both men looked at each other, then me and crawled to opposite corners. Both stared at the floor and their wolves hid, and their scents faded from the room.

“You’ve both acted so superior,” Dennis spat out. “Neither of you asked for the truth. You both felt you knew more than me or your Alpha. You both went against the pack and your own families.”

“You’ve disgraced yourselves, sullied your mates, and brought shame to your positions within the pack.” Alpha Edward growled. “Now I have one mate who followed her husband and hurt both of her cubs, and another coming not knowing how undeserving her mate truly is.”

I watched as my father and Patrick writhed in pain.

We all heard the running and suddenly I could sense my mother outside the office. She paused then pounded on the door.

“What?” Alpha Edward roared.

“It’s Helena. Helena Long. My…my mate is in there and he is in pain,” she whined through the door.

Alpha nearly ripped the door from its frame. “Do you really think he needs you?”

“I,” she stopped as she spotted me sitting on the couch while my father twitched on the floor. “Oh my Goddess, Omar!”

She rushed to his side and he scrambled away from her.

“No, no, no,” my father mumbled and hugged himself.

She turned to me and went to attack. “What did you do to my mate?”

Edward caught her mid-leap and slammed her into the wall. “Don’t move!”

“Daniel, you need to make a choice. They maybe allowed to suffer and die as they had planned for you, or you can save them. You need to decide quickly because the shame is killing both of their wolves.” Elder Dennis stood impassively between Patrick and my father.

“Why does he,” began my mother only for Ed to slam her against the wall.

“By right of soul innocence.” Ed dropped her and walked to my side. “It’s your choice. They’ve both wronged you. Both have gone against the Goddess. Their fates are in your hands.”

“I’m a warrior. I protect the pack.” I looked up at Elder Dennis. “Save them.”

My mother sat crying and ignored.

Elder Dennis began to chant. Both men slowly stopped twitching and began to breathe normally.

“Take their hands again and tell them you forgive them,” Alpha Edward stated as he looked at both men.

I did as I was told and both men began to transform. My father, who had always been a giant black wolf with dark brown eyes was no longer the same. His coat was streaked with grey and his brown eyes were ringed in white. Patrick’s change was just as dramatic. Before he was a giant grey wolf with a brown crown marking on his chest. Now he was smaller and snow white with deep gray circles ringing him, like a racoon. His pale green eyes were also ringed in white.

“Diana has remarked them. Neither can hide and Patrick is marked no longer as royalty but as a theif. Unless, he proves himself worthy of being an alpha his wolf will shrink to a small dog and this pack will be led by another.” Dennis then pointed at my father and passed judgement on him. “As a warrior he failed his pack, and as a father he failed his cub. Now he is unable to hide, Omar will only become more awkward until his family is made whole and both parents have made amends.” Dennis stared at my mother and shook his head.

“But Patrick’s mate is due soon,” I muttered.

“Actually, she’s pulling up now. It’s up to her if she feels she can help redeem my son or if she wants to reject him.”

So many had fallen, but only one person mattered to me, and that was Seth. I couldn’t wait to go see my mate.

“Dan,” Elder Dennis said as he looked at the two wolves who now lay whimpering on the floor between us. “Can you please meet our guests and bring them to Ed’s office. Ms. LaBella and her chaperones need to be brought here so she can learn what has been going on. Cassandra will have to decide if she wishes to keep her mate or break their bond.”

“Considering how he has acted, he deserves to remain mateless,” spat Alpha Edward.

There was a horrified gasp from my mother.

Alpha growled.

“I’d suggest you remain silent, before I decide you were equally at fault for your son’s treatment.” Elder just glowered at my mother silencing her.

I hurried from the room and raced down the stairs to meet Ms. LaBella and

So the secrets are out and punishments are happening. What do you think so far?

Comments and likes are appreciated.
Copyright © 2019 comicfan; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 8
  • Love 4
  • Wow 1
  • Sad 4
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

2019 - Fall - Fall From Grace Entry
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Wow. very powerful. It is a shame the Alpha did not register what happened or never acted before, to keep up the peace...

  • Like 4
Link to comment
On 12/12/2019 at 12:18 PM, IBEX said:

Wow. very powerful. It is a shame the Alpha did not register what happened or never acted before, to keep up the peace...

I see it as the Alpha had an open door policy where he thought his pack had enough faith in him to ask if they didn't understand or believe in something he did. Basically, his biggest failing was in putting too much faith in people to do the right thing. When the truth comes out, well, not everyone smells like a rose.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment

Poor poor Dan. Those idiots should have known something was up if the Alpha and Elder treated him well.

Hullo! We're talking The Alpha and The Elder of the Pack.

The blinkin' bunch of drop kicks.

Poor Dan. Can't wait for his 're-union' with Lyta. His Mother can take a long walk off a short plank too. 

Seth will be with the Chaperones eh?

  • Like 3
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Buz said:

Poor poor Dan. Those idiots should have known something was up if the Alpha and Elder treated him well.

Hullo! We're talking The Alpha and The Elder of the Pack.

The blinkin' bunch of drop kicks.

Poor Dan. Can't wait for his 're-union' with Lyta. His Mother can take a long walk off a short plank too. 

Seth will be with the Chaperones eh?

I guess I answered your questions. Yeah, mom isn't the best. She let her pack, her alpha, and most importantly her family down.

Yeah, the pack seems to forget that the Alpha and the Elder always take care of the pack. They put everyone's health and safety first. If Dan had done something that would be detrimental, he wouldn't have been able to stay.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..