Jump to content
    Dayne Mora
  • Author
  • 1,416 Words
  • 2,211 Views
  • 12 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Tis but a Scrap - 1. In Heaven

A distracting little scene that has been playing around in my head for a bit. Not complete and hella rough, might become part of a larger narrative eventually.

In Heaven

Eoinn was supposed to be working with Masatoshi on their project, but the friends had taken a break when Eoinn became too fidgety and distracted to focus properly. So, instead of writing character analyses for their assigned character foils, they sat on Eoinn’s bedroom floor trading insults and trash talking with various anonymous Call of Duty players for the last hour-and-a-half.

They'd just finished another round, and were about to que up for another when Eoinn cleared his throat.

“Hey, Toshi?”

Masatoshi turned at the uncertainty in Eoinn’s voice. “Hai?”

“I think…I…” Eoinn shoved mousy brown locks out of his hazel eyes and looked as if trying find the right words. “If I told you something, would you promise not to freak out?” Eoinn groaned. “Oh, like that’s not going to guarantee that you’ll freak out. I mean, even I’m starting to freak out. Oh fuck, this is—”

“It’s okay.” Masatoshi bumped the other boy with his elbow. “Just tell me.”

Eoinn dragged his hand down his face. “So, remember that party a couple weeks ago? You know, when they started playing ‘seven minutes?’”

“Yeah, they put you in the closet with Stephan Bellinger.” Masatoshi nodded. “What happened?”

“Nothing,” Eoinn said, fidgeting with the game controller in his lap. “Nothing happened.”

“Okay, so nothing happened.”

“Fuck…you can’t tell anybody this, but he kinda leaned into me a little…I think…or maybe I leaned into him…I dunno…but, it was just for a second and I pulled back and it got really awkward.” Eoinn paused. “Thing is, I keep thinking about it.” He took a deep breath, but kept his eyes trained on the still image on the screen as a florid bloom spread over his face. “Like I wanted something to happen.”

“Oh,” Masatoshi said simply, unable able to call forth a decent response.

“Never really thought about Stephan ‘that way’ before, but now I’m popping boners all over the place because I got locked in a linen closet with some guy and kinda sorta got the urge to make out with him.” The words fell from Eoinn’s mouth, surging from stuttering trickle to verbal diarrhea downpour. “It’s weird, but it made me wonder if I might be into dudes. Like, ‘doing gay stuff’ into dudes. So, I started looking up gay shit to test it out—watching porn, reading yaoi, and all that. Did you know Wikipedia has a whole entry on ‘gay sex?’” He didn’t give Masatoshi time to answer. “There were all these terms and illustrations, and not all gay dudes do butt sex, sometimes just hand jobs, which I guess is kinda cool… But, it wasn’t weird—I was getting turned on and shit. Then, I was watching some K-pop boy bands later and…I think I have a thing for Taeyang—not like a man-crush, I-want-to-be-like-Taeyang deal, but like a full-on want-to-lick-the-sweat-off-his-six-pack crush-crush thing. Like, dude, I’d trade my left nut to be the meat in a Taeyang/G-Dragon sandwich.” Eoinn peeked at a speechless Masatoshi for the first time since he began spouting off before suddenly whipping back around and groaning into his hands. “Oh fucking great move, Eoinn. Just go ahead and tell the straight Asian guy that you have a raging hard-on other straight Asian guys.”

“Eoinn—”

He looked at his lap. “And, while you’re at it, why not pop massive wood? There’s no way he’ll freak the fuck out…”

Masatoshi laughed.

“Sorry, man, forget everything I just said.”

“Dude—”

“I’m not perving on you, I swear.”

“Relax, it’s cool.” His mouth quirked up at Eoinn’s slouching back against the bed in relief. “Besides, I’m gay, not straight, so I wouldn’t really freak about you not being straight either.”

“Thanks.” Eoinn began to sigh before his eyes popped open mid-heave. “Wait, you’re gay?”

“Yup.”

“Oh.” It seemed the guy had finally run out of words.

Masatoshi shrugged. “So, you now have a crush on Stephen Bellinger?”

“No, not really, at least, I don’t think so. I guess I regret not doing anything when I had the chance.”

“Why?”

“As a trial run, or something,” Eoinn said. “Maybe to see what it’d be like to make out with another guy. I mean, what would you do if someone locked you in a closet with Stephen Bellinger?”

Masatoshi’s face heated up as he thought it over. “Uhm…”

“Dude’s hot, right?”

“Yeah, Stephen is pretty hot.” He slouched back next to his friend.

“So, yeah, I chickened out and wasted a chance to make out with a hot guy.”

“Any guy would do, huh,” Masatoshi chuckled.

“Pretty much,” Eoinn agreed, a sardonic note skirting the edge. “I mean, it wouldn’t have to mean anything, just to try it out and never talk about it again. But, I blew it. Yay, me!” He sighed. “Sorry for being such a…” He trailed off, waving his hand weakly, and the two young men sat on the bedroom floor, neither bothering to speak or resume playing their game despite their growing nervousness.

Masatoshi’s eyes cast around to find something, anything, to latch onto and pull them out of the awkwardness. Yet, for some reason, he kept returning to Eoinn’s bedroom closet. Masatoshi still found American closets oversized, especially those in apartments like Eoinn’s. His friend was tall, even by American standards, but would have no problems laying down in his own closet. And, even with all the boy’s clothes, shoes, and sports gear thrown in haphazardly, there was still room in the walk-in closet for more stuff. Masatoshi stared at the smaller door, his mouth suddenly forming words before his brain could properly vet them.

“We could try it now.”

“Huh?”

“In the…” He pointed feebly. “In the closet. ‘Seven Minutes.’”

Eoinn cycled through a few uhs and uhms.

“Just an idea,” Masatoshi added nervously as Eoinn sat up straighter. He shifted around, left hanging in an awkward pause.

“We…” Eoinn said. Before he finished the thought, he stood, and Masatoshi looked up. “We could.” And he stepped to the open closet and flipped the light on.

Masatoshi followed, and Eoinn held open the door before shuffling in after him and pulling to door closed. The boys stood face-to-face, avoiding eye contact. Eoinn wiped his hands on his pants legs then lifted them as if to settle them on Masatoshi’s shoulders, aborting the maneuver halfway and letting them drop back to his sides.

“Uh, lights on or off?” Eoinn asked quietly.

“It might be better if—”

“Yeah,” Eoinn said and cracked open the door so he could stick his hand out and turn off the light, leaving the door slightly ajar to let in a little light and air from outside. Eventually, Eoinn’s hands made their way onto Masatoshi’s shoulders, and Masatoshi watched the boy take a shaky breath in the meagre light. He closed his eyes moments before Eoinn’s lips connected with his softly, briefly. They giggled nervously in the semi-darkness, then both boys leaned in for another kiss, one just as chaste as the first, but slightly longer in duration. Eoinn’s lush mouth on his sent a thrill through Masatoshi.

“Was that okay?” Masatoshi asked.

“Yeah,” Eoinn answered. “Can I do it again?”

“Yeah.”

A flurry of kisses followed, their mouths lingered longer, parted wider, until tongues entered the arena of play and it was all downhill from there. Deep breaths and sighs gave way to panting and moaning. The hands that hand rested innocently on Masatoshi’s shoulders soon curled around his neck and before long became tangled in his hair. Not to be left out of the game, Masatoshi’s hands made themselves welcome at Eoinn’s waist, pulling their chests flush.

Eoinn pulled back first, resting his head on Masatoshi’s shoulder and sending his heavy breaths along his neck. Masatoshi gasped and shivered while Eoinn’s hands ghosted down his back to clasp at his waist.

“Yup, definitely into dudes.” Eoinn chuckled and planted a soft kiss along the curve of Masatoshi’s neck.

Something about that kiss—the placement, the warmth, something—sent a jolt through the boy and he arched his back with a small cry. For the first time, their hips connected, and while it had been only the briefest of glancing touches, it was enough to establish the other’s arousal.

"Oh fuck," Eoinn groaned before trailing a line of licks and nips up his friend's neck and back to his mouth. The exploratory nature of Eoinn's initial kisses gave way to something more akin to devouring....

G-Dragon and Taeyang are members of the Korean boy band Big Bang (link to "Fantastic Baby" GD first appears at 0:04 and Tae at 0:20 if you're curious about how they look and sound).
Copyright © 2017 Dayne Mora; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 16
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Hey Dayne,

 

You are forgiven a teeny bit for not posting a new chapter for Wild Card.

 

This story is cute. Less rushed and sweet. I love the way their tones are different from EPIC.

 

Please write more of this. *praying* :D

Link to comment

I agree with what Ruslana said :thumbup: This short piece is thoroughly enjoyable :thankyou:

 

BUT as I've died and returned as a spirit, I shall say this to you
*the next chapter of Wild Card is overdue*
*the next chapter of Wild Card is overdue*
*the next chapter of Wild Card is overdue*
...
...
...
;)

Link to comment
  • Site Administrator

I laughed out loud when I read the title to this... "It's just a flesh wound" :rofl: Now I have the whole scene with the Black Knight playing in my head. :gikkle:

 

This was a very cute 'scrap'. More would be nice, but it's also good as a stand alone. :)

Link to comment

“Besides, I’m gay, not straight, so I wouldn’t really freak about you not being straight either.” :rofl:
It seems they don't need the hot Stephan to get some attraction going. :P Now I want to find out whether they take the step from friends to boyfriends.

Link to comment

Ha! I love it! Of course I had to Google those boy-band guys because I never heard of them. :lol:

 

Eoinne (I know I totally screwed up that spelling! Hell, I don't even know how to PRONOUNCE it! lol) and Toshi are so cute together.

 

It would be great to read more about these boys...

Link to comment

I really enjoyed reading this. It has such a different tone compared to the EPIC series (which I have only recently caught up on), but your writing voice still comes through.
As usual, the dialogue is stellar -- very natural, and brings the reader right into the scene.
If you write more of this story, I'll be interested to get a better feel for Masatoshi's voice -- he seems to be bilingual, and you tell us (via clear implication) that he has lived outside the US, though not for how long or how recently. At the same time, his (American?) English is entirely idiomatic, so I'm left to wonder about the sound of his words, and if he has particular rhythms to his speech that wouldn't be apparent from a single short scene. . .
Anyway, well done, and thanks.

Link to comment
On 02/28/2017 05:12 PM, Ruslana di Angelo said:

Hey Dayne,

 

You are forgiven a teeny bit for not posting a new chapter for Wild Card.

 

This story is cute. Less rushed and sweet. I love the way their tones are different from EPIC.

 

Please write more of this. *praying* :D

I'm still trying to settle Toshi's backstory and how his story will progress, but yeah, I really want to continue with him.

Link to comment
On 02/28/2017 08:55 PM, hohochan657 said:

I agree with what Ruslana said :thumbup: This short piece is thoroughly enjoyable :thankyou:

 

BUT as I've died and returned as a spirit, I shall say this to you

*the next chapter of Wild Card is overdue*

*the next chapter of Wild Card is overdue*

*the next chapter of Wild Card is overdue*

...

...

...

;)

Thanks.

 

Sorry that I'm killing you....

Link to comment
On 03/01/2017 12:13 AM, Valkyrie said:

I laughed out loud when I read the title to this... "It's just a flesh wound" :rofl: Now I have the whole scene with the Black Knight playing in my head. :gikkle:

 

This was a very cute 'scrap'. More would be nice, but it's also good as a stand alone. :)

Glad you got a giggle out of the title.

 

There'll more Toshi and Eoinn eventually.

Link to comment
On 03/01/2017 03:04 AM, Timothy M. said:

“Besides, I’m gay, not straight, so I wouldn’t really freak about you not being straight either.” :rofl:

It seems they don't need the hot Stephan to get some attraction going. :P Now I want to find out whether they take the step from friends to boyfriends.

Poor Stephen has no idea what has been wrought in his name. :D

 

As for the boyfriend thing...I'd like to know myself.

Link to comment
On 03/01/2017 05:19 PM, Lisa said:

Ha! I love it! Of course I had to Google those boy-band guys because I never heard of them. :lol:

 

Eoinne (I know I totally screwed up that spelling! Hell, I don't even know how to PRONOUNCE it! lol) and Toshi are so cute together.

 

It would be great to read more about these boys...

Eoinn is another spelling of "Ian" and is pronounced the same way.

 

I'll work on getting their story going.

Link to comment
On 03/01/2017 06:36 PM, Saraband said:

I really enjoyed reading this. It has such a different tone compared to the EPIC series (which I have only recently caught up on), but your writing voice still comes through.

As usual, the dialogue is stellar -- very natural, and brings the reader right into the scene.

If you write more of this story, I'll be interested to get a better feel for Masatoshi's voice -- he seems to be bilingual, and you tell us (via clear implication) that he has lived outside the US, though not for how long or how recently. At the same time, his (American?) English is entirely idiomatic, so I'm left to wonder about the sound of his words, and if he has particular rhythms to his speech that wouldn't be apparent from a single short scene. . .

Anyway, well done, and thanks.

I'm still trying to figure out Masatoshi's voice. He's a foreign exchange student, but it's not that apparent here. There's still much to be done in fleshing out this character, but I still enjoy writing for him.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..