Jump to content
    D.K. Daniels
  • Author
  • 774 Words
  • 3,053 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
p style="text-align:center;"> You can grab a copy of HILN via Amazon and Google, links via my website if you'd like to support me.

I have written many adventure, drama and romance books with LGBTQI+ characters. Visit my website to browse my full bibliography. You can also sign up for my mailing list to ensure you don't miss any fun future updates. 

View Website

How I Live Now - 5. Day 5.

p style="text-align:center;"> (This is the first draft; expect some problems.)

(Apologies for infrequent posting, I am focusing on the copyediting stage of Dumbstruck Part 2 that will be released soon on Amazon.)

I have written many adventure book with LGBTQ+ characters. Visit my website to browse my full bibliography. You can also sign up for my mailing list to ensure you don't miss any fun future updates.

View Website

Day 5.

I've been thinking about this job overnight, maybe it's not the worst idea. I should keep it in mind in case nothing else comes up for me. I realize- I need to start making money. Just to make this loud and clear… I have nothing against country folks; I've always had that cheesy dream of some cute country boy in a plaid shirt and blue jeans coming by on his stallion to take me off into the sunset and fuck… or is that just a stereotype? Maybe porn has fried my mind. I should stay away from the big burly men category for a while to get things on track; plus, my mobile data would thank me. I've been finding since I have nothing to preoccupy my mind, I've frequently been masturbating. And no- not in the shared bedroom with all those other hostel guests, I'm not that demented. Does life always get more depressing the older you get, or possibly it's just me? I reckon things are demoralizing compared to the bigger picture when you've lived with a controlling, manipulative father all your life that you miss out on what is really sad. I've googled the town multiple times since finding out about the opportunity, and I'm torn. It feels like I should be taking a risk, but at the same time, my inner critic is screaming at me to shut up, sit down and take the backseat.

I also spoke with the hot blond guy sleeping on the bunk above me this morning; he's passing through, heading south from what he said. His name is Marc; he's 21, if that's any recollection, and he is a wayward wanderer. Though he the more I got to know him, the more he seemed interesting. 'Houseless Not Homeless' is his motto, and well, I hadn't assumed he was homeless, but he made a point to tell it to me. It was his decision, and he never regretted not slipping into the mainstream way of going to college and working 9-5. Marc is self-employed; he works online as a professional life coach, but you'd think he wasn't very successful if you were to look at him. Maybe that is a good memo to learn early in life; folks can be easily deceived. If you dress rich, everyone is defective and believe the opposite about the person; or at least that's how you want it to look without people getting too close. Bottom line… assumptions are shit.

So, I got talking to Marc; he's pretty intelligent… Did I say he was hot? Blah… Okay… Anyway, he's heading south in a day or two; he's here for a business meeting, so that explains the pitstop. Apparently, he's committed himself to walk from Newhaven to Mayau in six months. Even if he still has a fair bit to go, he's already doing much more than the average person does with their life. Marc said he hiked the Appalachian trail on the east coast the year after high school. Supposedly he was to go to university after his once in a lifetime journey to find himself. Still, after he finished his trip- he had an unquenchable thirst for adventure afterward. I feel like I've made a friend, but it sucks that he'll be gone so quickly.

Oh, yeah… my Mom. I still haven't picked up the phone to call her back, but she has been sending daily messages asking me to come home. She must be joking… HOME… to that crooked house in the middle of the neighborhood with a misogynist wife-beater and chauvinist so-called patriot. I feel bad for bailing on Mom, but she has chosen to always stand by Dad, no matter how hard the thrashing. The excuse is, "Dad can't help himself." Oh, and even if he did put down the bottle, I'd doubt it'll make a difference. The only way the people in his life would get any peace is if someone plunged a broken beer bottle into his neck, and that's not going to be me. I've decided to write a letter and send it to Mom just to let her know I'm okay, but also to show that I don't want to talk. I'll mail the letter tomorrow. I've also been checking the Missing Person's website over and over to see if they reported me as missing. No such luck on that front… maybe they really don't care.

Look, I've got to go; I need to get stuff done before the hostel shuts down for the night, and people get all grump about sneaking around at bedtime.

Talk soon,
Kyle

Copyright © 2021 D.K. Daniels; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 27
  • Love 10
  • Sad 2
p style="text-align:center;"> Thanks for reading, comments are welcome, and I reply to all. 

Merry Christmas to everyone, I hope you all have a lovely holiday. Sign up to my mailing list, a free short story will be coming out soon for Xmas.

 

Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

22 hours ago, chris191070 said:

Great chapter. I'm enjoying these entries in Kyle's daily diary.

'Kyle knew you were snooping in his diary lol'  - Kyle says, "I've a sneaky suspicion that someone is reading what I am writing here... maybe I should find the culprit."

 😂 I'm joking of course, thanks for the comment, glad you are enjoying the progression.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..