Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Sumeru - 2. Chapter 2

www.captainkirk-thetruthisoutthere.com

September 15, 2073

The truth is out there!          image

Hi, folks. I’ve got something interesting today! Guardian104 pointed me to an Australian social media site where they are discussing the mystery spaceship Shiva. You remember, the interstellar spaceship disappeared a couple of years ago. A user with the name Deva posted a post and deleted it shortly after. However, Guardian104 was able to take a screenshot of the post and he sent it to me. I can tell you this post is leaked information. We’re lucky Guardian104 watched out closely. Here’s the deleted post:

Project Oric was a top-secret project developed in 2021 by NASA and the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA). The aim of the project was to identify descriptions of advanced technologies in ancient writings and reverse-engineer these technologies. Ancient Egyptian, Sumerian, Hindu writings were carefully studied and analyzed. These writings revealed that advanced alien visitors had visited Earth in the past and had left after a big war in space.

Where had those alien visitors come from and where did they go after the war? The star system X104 was a possible candidate. After detection of exoplanet X104C7, practically a twin Earth, no one had doubts that system X104 was the home system and planet X104C7 was the home planet of the aliens.

Discussions were long and heated. What did the aliens know? Had they forgotten about Earth? Had they lost interest? Or was Earth still being observed? I think everybody was not his usual self in these days. We felt like the aliens watched, but now we stared back. Something had changed, had gotten out of control, and balance had not yet been restored.

Guess what? The man was deep in the project and he is having second thoughts. I told you this was a classified mission. Some ideas are so stupid! Everybody with a brain can find out about the truth. But those morons never care. It’s all on the internet.

This is getting interesting.

Cheers

The truth is out there!

From the Indragatha:

The City Will Fall

Atala
Warriors of Atala, hear my war cry
I’m coming for you
I’m coming

Atala
Warriors of Atala, hear my war cry
My ship is fast and has
Powerful weapons

Atala
Warriors of Atala, hear my war cry
My ship is plowing through the
Seas of heaven

Atala
Warriors of Atala, hear my war cry
I’m coming for you
I’m coming

Atala
Warriors of Atala, hear my war cry
My ship carries an arrow made of
Heavenly fire

Atala
Warriors of Atala, hear my war cry
I am the destroyer of worlds and
I will wreck havoc

Atala
Warriors of Atala, hear my war cry
Your time is up
I’m coming

And the city will fall

SOM Science Online Magazine, January 18, 2074

There was some uproar in the previous weeks after rumors spread on the internet that classified information regarding the missing interstellar spaceship Shiva was leaked. An anonymous user claimed that exoplanet X104C7, the ship’s target, was the home of an extraterrestrial intelligence that had visited Earth in the past. We spoke with Dr. Thomas Michels, sociologist and psychologist, who has investigated the phenomenon for years and wrote a book on conspiracy theories.

SOM: Dr. Michels, what do you think is behind the latest uproar?

Dr. Michels: Well, people claim that the ship’s target is an inhabited planet and the mission's goal was to make contact with the aliens. Those aliens have supposedly visited Earth in the past. These claims are based on a screenshot of a post that is shared on the internet. The original post cannot be found on the internet anymore. People claim it was deleted, but there’s no evidence the post was real. The screenshot could as well have been a hoax, typical fake news that has nothing to do with the truth. People get so enthusiastic about it because they want an explanation for the otherwise unexplainable.

SOM: The missing spaceship Shiva. It vanished without a trace.

Dr. Michels: You say it vanished. Do we know it vanished? What do you connect with the word ‘vanished’? See, you inevitably conjure up all sorts of images as to how the ship could have disappeared. However, the risk of a mission failure was certainly high. It was the first interstellar trip of a man-made interstellar spaceship. The warp drive wasn’t intensively tested. A couple of probes equipped with the warp drive were sent into space and only one manned vessel flew to the Oort cloud and back. The target of the mission, an exoplanet, is roughly 25,000 light years away from Earth. Personally, I think it was tremendous luck that the ship reached the targeted area and even landed on the planet. Anything could have happened after that. Unexpected planetary conditions, weather or magnetic phenomena, could have taken out the ship’s electronics, for instance. I can imagine many simple explanations for the ship’s silence, ranging from technical failures to natural incidents. You don’t need aliens to explain the mission’s failure.

SOM. But why do people jump at the alien theory?

Dr. Michels: Because humankind entered a new stage. Interstellar flight and new tasks and challenges await us. Humans are genetically programmed to recognize an enemy quickly and then take the necessary steps. They run from an enemy or they fight him. We can’t move the Earth and hide the planet, so we must fight and stand against a possible threat from outer space. There’s also the possibility to get to know a stranger and debate with him, but this behavior must be learned and trained. It’s not a basic instinct.

SOM: You mean people devise conspiracy theories to get acquainted with the unknown and train possible behaviors?

Dr. Michels: So to speak. Conspiracy theories are not new. They exist as along as humankind exists. Ancient astronaut theories emerged in the previous century when Man stepped into space and landed on the moon. These theories subsided when the solar system was investigated and probes were sent to its very edge. Planet Nine was discovered and planets, moons and asteroids were investigated. Spaceflight was commercialized. You see, space activities got somewhat normal. The solar system was under control. This has changed with spaceship Shiva. It left the solar system, crossed interstellar space, and entered a different star system, even landed on a twin Earth. The world view of many people is shaken. Immense distances can be covered in a relatively short time. The solar system is no longer a safe and secluded place that is far away from other worlds. We can go to other worlds now. Hence, others can get from their place to Earth.

SOM: People want to know if the aliens come here. The star system was chosen because of the possibility of a Dyson ring orbiting the star, an artificial megastructure built by an advanced civilization. No detailed statements were ever made to the public regarding this structure except a brief statement that spaceship Shiva in all likelihood detected debris from a broken up planet orbiting the star of the system. NASA never elaborated on the finding.

Dr. Michels: This was probably a mistake. They should say if there is a structure or not. People want something real, something concrete to discuss and cope with. The silence on the matter supports speculation, of course. It emphasizes the mission’s classified nature.

SOM: The anonymous poster said an extraterrestrial intelligence resided in the star system X104. If true, was it a good idea to draw the aliens’ attention to Earth by sending a spaceship there?

Dr. Michels: This remains to be seen. If there really is an artificial megastructure, which NASA denies, then I suppose this alien civilization is much more advanced than we are. If this artificial megasructure actually exists, which I personally doubt, then I’m certain the aliens know of Earth but have no interest in it. Else they would most likely have visited Earth and made contact after spaceship Shiva’s arrival in their star system.

SOM: That’s what the conspiracy theorists claim. They claim the aliens visited Earth in the past.

Dr. Michels: This is not true. You can read into ancient writings whatever you want, if you have the mind to do so, but the ancient writings are simply about the new cults and belief systems that formed during this time. Men had been hunters and gatherers for thousands of years. They had to cope with the forces of nature. This changed when the humans settled down and turned to agriculture. The population increased quickly. The villages turned into cities. Nations and kingdoms formed and hierarchies developed, an elite on top and the vast of the population subordinates. The ancient deities, the forces of nature, the wind and the fire, for instance, became increasingly meaningless. The people needed new supreme powers. They made themselves new gods and adapted their belief systems to their new societal structures. Naturally, they placed the gods on top of the hierarchy, above the king. The proper homestead of the gods was the sky or the heaven, the beyond. The ancient writings tell of the new belief systems. They don’t talk of aliens from outer space. The ancient humans had no concept of space as we know it.

SOM: Conspiracy theorists twist these writings, you say.

Dr. Michels: Yes. You can read anything into written words, if you have the mind to do so. You can try for yourself. Pick a spam email that doesn’t make sense and try to make sense of it. If you think long and hard enough, you will detect a hidden meaning. You will connect it with something that is on your mind and, behold, you have found a secret message or uncovered a hidden truth.

SOM: Dr. Michels, thank you very much for your explanations.

From the Indragatha:

Atala

This is the way of the world
What goes up must come down
And what will rise will also fall
This is the way of the world

A nation becomes mighty and strong
And it will set out to rule the world
But in the end the nation will fall
Because this is the way of the world

Atala grew mighty and strong
The kingdom descended to Earth
But Atala will not last forever
Because this is the way of the world

What goes up must come down
And what will rise will also fall
Atala, doomed to ruin you are
Because this is the way of the world

SOM Science Online Magazine, March 9, 2074

Well-preserved stone tablets were found in Harappa eight months ago. Harappa is an archaeological site in Punjab, Pakistan. It was the center of one of the core regions of the Indus Valley Civilization. The Harappan Civilization was one of the most developed civilizations in the old Bronze Age. Prof. Singh from the University of Delhi deciphered the stone tablets found in Harappa.

SOM: Prof. Singh, the Indragatha stone tablets were carbon-dated back to approximately 2,000 years BC, but you claim the writings, a collection of psalms and songs, are even older. Would you like to elaborate?

Prof. Singh: The stone tablets could be dated back to the time you mentioned, because they were found in a jar that contained ancient grains. The grains could be carbon-dated back to approximately 2,000 years BC or 4,000 BP. Hence, the stone tables are at least 4,000 years old. I think they are even older.

SOM: How did you arrive at the conclusion?

Prof. Singh: We examined the writings and it was soon clear that the writing was an old form of the Indus scripture. The writing could be dated back to 2,300 to 2,500 years BC.

SOM: The writings are a collection of psalms and songs. There was much debate among scientists. What is so important about these writings?

Prof. Singh: The Samhita refers to the most ancient layer of text in the Vedas. It consists of mantras, hymns, prayers, litanies and benedictions. A collective study of Vedas and later texts suggests that the compendium of Samhita and associated Vedic texts were far larger than currently available. Most were thought to have been lost at some point in Indian history. We have definitely found a part of the lost text. We have literally unearthed a lost ancient writing.

SOM: The Indragatha, the songs of praise. What are the poems about?

Prof. Singh: The theme is the big war in the sky. The benevolent Devas sided with the humans and fought off the Asuras, wicked gods with an evil mind, who dominated Earth and other places in the universe. The god Shiva downed Tripura or Triple City, three Asuras cities, one built on Earth, one in the sky, and one in heaven. The Asuras were killed.

SOM: The fight between light and dark. The Bible tells of rebellious Lucifer who stood up against the Lord. The angels loyal to God fought against Lucifer and his supporters. The dark angels fell.

Prof. Singh: This is a reflection of the theme, albeit much distorted and in less detail. The fight between Asuras and Devas is also mentioned in the Mahabharata. The big war in the sky is not an unknown theme in Hindu scriptures.

SOM: What is so special about the Indraghata, except it being a lost and ancient writing?

Prof. Singh: The new texts reveal aspects of the Asuras and Devas and their homesteads, aspects that so far were either unknown or only mentioned in Buddhist writings. I’m certain these texts will stir a debate and change the view on our past.

SOM: Thank you very much, Prof. Singh, and good luck to you.

From the Karna Parva of the Mahabharata, a major Sanskrit epic of ancient India:

“Maya (...) constructed the three cities (...) all in such a way as to revolve in a circle, O lord of Earth! Each of those cities measured a hundred Yojanas in breadth and a hundred in length. And they consisted of houses and mansions and lofty walls and porches (...) Those three Daitya kings (...) deprived of their senses, all of them began to shamelessly exterminate the cities and towns established all over the universe. (...) The gods said (...) we will, O Lord of the gods, construct a car of great energy for thee (...) designed with intelligence (...). The Mind became the ground upon which that car stood, and Speech the tracks upon which it was to proceed (...) Then Mahadeva (... ) having ascended the car set out for the Asuras (...) towards that spot where triple city (...) stood (...). The illustrious deity (...) sped that shaft which represented the might of the whole universe, at the triple city (...) Loud wails of woe were heard from those cities as they began to fall (...).

From the Indragatha:

I am the destroyer of worlds
I have come for the final battle
I have come to fight the overlords

I am Shiva, the destroyer

www.captainkirk-thetruthisoutthere.com

March 10, 2074

The truth is out there!          image

Folks, did you read the interview with Prof. Singh in SOM Science Online Magazine?

The man unearthed ancient lost Indus writings about the war in space between the Asuras and the Devas. Prof. Singh said that part of the truth can be found in Buddhist writings. That got me on the edge. I researched Buddhist writings all night long. The question bothered me as to where the aliens went. You would think they returned to their home planet or their home base. Actually, they returned to Sumeru.

According to the Indian myths, the residence of the Asuras and the Devas is located on Mount Meru, a sacred mountain in the Cosmic Ocean. According to the Buddhist myths Mount Meru, also called Sumeru, meaning ‘wonderful Meru’, is 84,000 yojanas high, which is 1,082,000 km or 85 times Earth's diameter. It is said that our sun and all the planets in the solar system revolve around it as one unit. This can only mean that Sumeru is located close to the center of the Milky Way around which our solar system orbits. Sumeru is said to be shaped like an hourglass, with a top and base of 80,000 yojanas square, but narrowing in the middle to 20,000 yojanas square.

If the diameter of this artificial structure is 85 times the diameter of Earth, then this structure is absolutely gigantic and could only have been built by a civilization that is so much advanced that we cannot even conceive it. In comparison, Jupiter’s diameter is 11.2 times the diameter of Earth. It’s unlikely that any human ever saw this structure. The description must have come from the aliens themselves who introduced the humans to this unimaginable reality. It’s no surprise that the humans thought the aliens were gods and that this structure was the abode of the gods themselves. A giant space hub seems inconceivable but may not pose a difficulty to a highly advanced super-civilization. When it comes to space and energy, we need to think big.

It’s short of a miracle that the Asuras, who came to our solar system in the past, actually went down in a war. The Devas must have seized their weapons. It frightens me to think of an Asuras attack. This species must be inconceivably powerful, an alien superpower, like from a science fiction movie. Earth would not stand a chance.

Folks, I think we’ve gotten to the core of it: Spaceship Shiva’s destination was exoplanet X104C7, usually referred to as Terra or Earth 2 in the public domain. In early publications by NASA, however, the exoplanet was also called Mount Meru!!! They told the truth flat out, but no one saw it, although everybody with a brain could have.

Folks, thanks for your responses and your support.

Let’s spread the word.

Cheers

The truth is out there!

2017 Dolores Esteban
  • Like 12
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I saw this story on the site just today, and I'm intrigued. From what I've read
about things so far there doesn't yet seem to be a connection to your recent
stories, or is there a common thread that I haven't grasped yet? I'm glad to see
this either way.

Link to comment

Now we are getting an understanding of the mind set of people after the Shove loses contact with Earth. The mix of academic thought/study and public spin gives a great range. All talk about a perceived advanced race not of this Earth. The question is we're they greatly advanced or did they have advancements that we had never seen and had no way of defending ourselves against. This is a concept we see through history. It also makes for great stories. Good work.

Link to comment
On 03/04/2017 08:04 AM, Stephen said:

I saw this story on the site just today, and I'm intrigued. From what I've read

about things so far there doesn't yet seem to be a connection to your recent

stories, or is there a common thread that I haven't grasped yet? I'm glad to see

this either way.

Hi, Stephen. Sumeru is an independent story. I wrote a sequel to Space Pioneer about a secret project, but I'm unsure whether to post it or not because it's a bit 'uncommon'. The secret project, however, inspired me to write Sumeru. I'm glad you liked the story so far. Thanks for reading and the feedback.

Link to comment
On 03/05/2017 01:30 AM, TABandit said:

Now we are getting an understanding of the mind set of people after the Shove loses contact with Earth. The mix of academic thought/study and public spin gives a great range. All talk about a perceived advanced race not of this Earth. The question is we're they greatly advanced or did they have advancements that we had never seen and had no way of defending ourselves against. This is a concept we see through history. It also makes for great stories. Good work.

Thank you very much for reading and commenting. I'm happy you liked the story so far.

Link to comment

Wasn't sure I'd like how you're telling this story; through interviews and blogs, but it works so far.

Link to comment
On 03/06/2017 11:13 PM, Mikiesboy said:

Wasn't sure I'd like how you're telling this story; through interviews and blogs, but it works so far.

Okay, thank you. The style will change now.

Link to comment
On 03/13/2017 02:39 AM, Fae Briona said:

Missed the last few chapters when they were posted. Enjoying reading them now.

Thank you. Hope you liked them.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..