Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Sumeru - 1. Chapter 1

Sumeru

by

Dolores Esteban

Anekāntavāda - "many-sidedness"
The Jain Doctrine of Non-Absolutism

A group of blind men heard that a strange animal, called an elephant, had been brought to the town, but none of them were aware of its shape and form. Out of curiosity, they said: "We must inspect and know it by touch, of which we are capable". So, they sought it out, and when they found it, they groped about it. In the case of the first person, whose hand landed on the trunk, said "This being is like a drain pipe". For another one whose hand reached its ear, it seemed like a kind of fan. As for another person, whose hand was upon its leg, said, "I perceive the shape of the elephant to be like a pillar". And in the case of the one who placed his hand upon its back said, "Indeed, this elephant is like a throne".

Each of these presented a true aspect when he related what he had gained from experiencing the elephant. None of them had strayed from the true description of the elephant. Yet they fell short of fathoming the true appearance of the elephant.

Anekāntavāda refers to the principles of pluralism and multiplicity of viewpoints, or vantage points, the notion that reality is perceived differently from diverse points of view, and that no single point of view is the complete truth, yet taken together they comprise the complete truth.

The Globe, New York, October 23, 2070

The search for missing spacecraft Shiva will be suspended if the craft is not located by the end of the year, officials from NASA have announced. Robert Mead, department head, said that every effort had been made to locate the spacecraft. Authorities had engaged world experts and cutting-edge technology in the hunt. “The decision has not been taken lightly,” he said. “However, hopes of finding the spacecraft are fading. The NASA developed spacecraft with five crew on board vanished after reaching its target, an Earth-like exoplanet in the constellation of Scorpius. NASA had received a final transmission after the craft had touched down on the planet. Commander Ross reported the successful completion of the landing. Nothing pointed to something unexpected or an emergency case. No distress signal was received. Despite many attempts to establish communication with the missing spacecraft, no more transmissions were received. Mr Mead stressed that the search was not canceled but suspended until new information was gained.

SOM Science Online Magazine, October 24, 2070

Unsolved Spaceflight Mystery

Operation Shiva is the biggest spaceflight mystery of all time. The spacecraft took off from Cape Canaveral on August 8, 2068, two years ago. According to official statements, the craft reached its target in the constellation of Scorpius, but hence was never heard of again. Conspiracy theorists were quick at claiming that either the entire space mission was a hoax or that the craft and the crew were abducted by aliens. It’s probably far simpler, however. Many spaceflight experts claim that the craft’s computer system in all likelihood failed after touch-down on the planet and hence communication with Earth was impossible as well as launch of the craft and return to Earth. Unprecedented events on the planet or unexpected planetary conditions would explain the disaster. Although intensive research was done on exoplanet X104C7, named Earth 2 or Terra in the public domain and called Mount Meru by NASA who never explained why they picked the name, the space mission was nonetheless regarded a risk. After all, search at an extreme distance can never reveal what the real thing is. It’s hard to imagine what happened with the ship and the crew.

Commander John Ross was responsible for the overall mission success as well as the safety of the ship and the crew. Navy pilot Dan Wesley, Flight Engineer Pete Crop, and Payload Commanders James McKinsey and Rob Kendrick completed the crew. Commander Ross and Pilot Wesley had extensive flight experience. Both men were on board of the craft that tested the warp drive on its flight to the Oort cloud and back. Many are certain that the spacemen are dead, but others say they won’t give up on the men until hard evidence of the ruin of ship and the loss of the crew is found.

The planning of the space mission started in 2046 after detection of exoplanet X104C7 in the constellation of Scorpius. The mission was based on many important previous detections and technological developments.

In 2016 the Cannae drive was announced to be tested in space. The Cannae drive, another version of the EM Drive or electromagnetic propulsion drive, used magnetic waves to create thrust by bouncing microwave photons within a closed cone-shaped metal vessel. The microwaves gathered electricity via solar power and the drive did not require a propellant. The first warp drive was invented back then.

In 2022, The Extremely Large Telescope or ELT, an astronomical observatory featuring a telescope with an aperture for its primary mirror up to 100 meters across, captured new images of a star formation close to the galactic center, 25,000 light-years from Earth. The images revealed more than 2,000 stars in various stages of life and gave researchers new insights into the formation of celestial objects and planetary systems. In this cloud of dust and gas, stars and planets were created billions of years ago. Astronomers referred to the nebula as N48.

In 2043 and 2045 NASA had monitored X104, a star in the Scorpius constellation, and observed several unusual incidents. The star, slightly brighter than the Sun, showed surprising behavior. The star’s light dimmed in dramatic ways as something passed in front of the star and blocked its light. Scientists suggested a swarm of comets, but this was soon ruled out. Another intriguing possibility was that the star was home to a technologically sophisticated society that had constructed a phalanx of orbiting solar panels, a so-called Dyson swarm, that blocked the light from the star. This theory could be ruled out due to the Shiva mission. NASA published a report one year after the spacecraft disappeared. The report contained a summary of all transmissions they had received from the craft. On-board systems had carefully investigated the star system and found that debris from a broken up planet orbited the sun and regularly dimmed the light.

In 2046 exoplanet X104C7, later named Mount Meru, was detected orbiting the star. Planet X104C7 was studied closely and soon categorized as a plausible candidate for supporting life as we know it. The planet was in the habitable zone, it orbited a sun-like star, it was a rock planet approximately the size of Earth, the orbital period matched Earth’s and the atmosphere was 99% earth-like. Exoplanet X104C7 was in all respects a second Earth.

Billions of dollars were spent on further developing and perfecting the Cannae drive that was supposed to open mankind the door to interstellar space. Tests with space probes were successful, a manned ship was sent to the Oort cloud in 2062. Ship and crew returned unharmed. The entire trip had taken twelve hours. The mission plan entered its final phase.

Spacecraft Shiva took off from Cape Canaveral on August 8, 2068, and traveled to the far away star system X104C7 in order to investigate the earth-like exoplanet. The ship had with five crew on board.

Commander John Ross, 38, born in Fillmore, California, is responsible for the overall mission success as well as the safety of the ship and the crew. Ross has degrees in physical science and mathematics and has a NASA Class I space physical certification. He has 1,800 hours flying experience on a jet aircraft and he simulated over 1,000 flights and landings in the Shiva Training Spacecraft. Commander Ross piloted the spacecraft that tested the warp drive on its trip to the Oort cloud and back.

Dan Wesley, 37, born in Hampton, Virginia, assists the commander in maneuvering the spacecraft and is responsible for the release and recovery of satellites and probes. Wesley has a physics degree and a NASA Class I space physical certification. He has 3,100 hours flying experience on a jet aircraft and he simulated over 1,000 flights and landings in the Shiva Training Spacecraft. Pilot Wesley was also on board of the spacecraft that tested the warp drive.

Flight Engineer Pete Crop 39, born in Mansfield, Massachusetts, is a Mission Specialist with additional responsibility of assisting the Pilot and Commander. He has a degree in engineering. He keeps track of information from CAPCOM and is responsible for the space crease communication system.

PLC James McKinsey, 38, born in Radford, Virginia, is a Mission Specialist with additional responsibility of the science. James McKinsey is a physician and has a degree in biological science.

PLC Rob Kendrick, 38, born in Brecksville, Ohio, is a Mission Specialist with additional responsibility of the science. Rob Kendrick has a linguistic degree and degrees in sociology and anthropology.

Commander Ross and his crew, carefully selected and trained spacemen, boarded the advanced U.S. spaceship on the 8th of August, 2068. The ship, named Shiva after an Indian god, took off and proceeded to the edge of the solar system where the warp drive was initiated. The ship arrived at its target only six months later. A transmission from the craft after successful touch-down on the planet was received. Despite many attempts to establish communication with the missing spacecraft, no more transmissions were received. Officials announced yesterday, October 23, that the search was suspended until new information was hopefully gained.

New Delhi Online, October 24, 2070

NASA spacecraft Shiva took off two years ago. Communication with the craft was lost after touch-down on exoplanet Mount Meru in the constellation of Scorpius. Officials announced yesterday that no new information was available. The search for the craft is suspended. The biggest spaceflight mystery is still unsolved.

Comments:

Spacegirl: It’s a tragedy. I wonder what happened to the men. I believe they are still alive. So sad. Commander Ross was cute.

Mr Moon: Aliens abducted them and conducted experiments on them.

Iksula: They are dead, morons.

Spacegirl: Imagine they live on the planet. Maybe there are dinosaurs.

Tashi: They should not have named the spaceship Shiva. Shiva is an Indian god, after all.

Swati: And Mount Meru is a holy place. They had no right to name the planet after it.

Iksula: Morons!

Tashi: Shiva traveled to Mount Meru. They read the ancient myths. The ancients visited Earth in the past. It’s all in the Vedas.

Swati: Right, but Shiva traveled to Tripura. Shiva destroyed it. Triple City fell. Do you read Captain Kirk’s blog? Go to captainkirk-thetruthisoutthere.

Iksula: Hahaha, star wars! Morons!! Iddiots!!!

Spacegirl: @Iksula: Hahaha, are you dyslexic?

Comments are closed.

www.captainkirk-thetruthisoutthere.com

October 24, 2070

The truth is out there!          image

Hi, folks. I posted an article on crop circles last week and got an interesting response from lizardman. Lizardman watched his local crop circle two days ago and saw some strange lights shortly after midnight. Of course, he stayed all night long, although it was cold and he was tired. What do you think? He managed to take a photo of a strange figure lurking about in the vicinity. Here’s the pic. It’s a bit blurred, but if you look carefully, you can definitely see a lizard man. So, it’s probably true after all. The lizard men are behind it.

 

image

I planned an article on the Hollow Moon Theory for this week but got sidetracked by yesterday’s announcement on the news. I guess you read it. NASA announced that they still have no information on the missing spaceship Shiva. It piqued my interest. Why the hell did they name the first interstellar spaceship after an Indian god? Now here’s what I came up with. I think it’s a damn good clue to the truth.

Shiva is a Hindu deity. Shiva is the destroyer. He destroyed Tripura. And here it’s getting interesting. Tripura, meaning three cities, was constructed by the great Asura architect Mayasura. The cities were great cities of prosperity, power and dominance over the world, but due to their impious nature, Maya’s cities were destroyed by god Tripurantaka, an aspect of Shiva. The three cities were made of iron, silver and gold and were located on earth, in the sky and in heaven, respectively. The three cities were mobile and moved in such a way that they would never be in a single line, save for a few moments in around a thousand years, when the nakshatra Pushya, a star formation in the constellation of Cancer, would be in conjunction with the moon. The cities were thus reassured that they were quite safe, as it would be an extremely difficult task to destroy the three cities, which aligned only momentarily, by a single arrow. Asuras from everywhere began to flock to Tripura to live there.

Folks, a city on Earth and mobile cities in the sky and in heaven! Space platforms in ancient times! Of course, it didn’t really take me by surprise. That’s what everybody with a brain knew all along. But NASA named their spaceship after the hero Shiva who destroyed these alien bases! He took off in a war-chariot and shot the platforms down with a mighty arrow. I would think he used a plasma gun or something even more powerful. Anyway, these Asuras bases were shot down and the Asuras were killed. That’s really star wars. Imagine it.

This happened thousands of years ago. I’m wondering if these Asuras are still out there. I can’t imagine Shiva killed them all. It’s said the Asuras came to their city from everywhere. And this got me thinking. Why did NASA name their spaceship after Shiva, the destroyer of Tripura? Because the ship set out to destroy another Tripura? I tell you I sweat. I searched again. The ship took off two years ago. It was supposed to fly to an exoplanet in the constellation of Scorpius. The ship had a warp drive and was supposed to arrive after five months travel time. It was supposed to scan the planet, a possible twin Earth, for a month or two, and then return to Earth. The risk of failure was high, but officials were confident that everything would work out according to plan. They received a final message after the ship had touched down, and that was it. Communication was lost and the ship and the crew were never heard of again. That’s the official story.

I’d say the official story is plain wrong. I would guess Commander Ross sent more than only one message after landing. What else did he report? Why were these reports never made public? You see, it’s all classified. I tell you, folks, it stinks.

Guess what? They located an Asuras place and sent a ship there and the Asuras shot it down. Some ideas are so stupid! Guess what will happen? The Asuras will come to Earth, of course.

Folks, dreams will finally come true. The aliens will come here and make contact. Or blast off Earth. Actually, I feel a little scared.

Cheers

The truth is out there!

From the Indragatha:

Triple City

Triple City, beautiful city
In the land of Atala, the White Lands
Your walls are made of silver and gold
And of brilliant red orichalcum

Triple City, beautiful city
The capital of heaven
Where all the gods dwell
And where they live in abundance

Triple City, full of wonders and joys
Place in heaven, in the void
Where all the gods dwell
The Asuras that rule the world

Triple City, beautiful city
In the land of Atala, the White Lands
Far in the west where the sun never shines
Triple City, woe betide thee

You must fall

NASA
Internal Paper
Classified

September 14, 2073

After careful analysis of the received transmissions, Commander Ross’s reports, transmitted data packages and automatic computer transmissions, we conclude that there is no imminent extraterrestrial danger for Earth.

The spaceship entered the star system X104 after five months travel time, exactly according to plan. The warp drive and all ship’s systems suffered no failures and malfunctions during this time. The ship’s speed was reduced upon entrance into the star system. The ship’s sensors and computer systems, advanced and classified technological systems, scanned the star system and analyzed the data. The detections that had been previously made with the most advanced telescopes from Earth were verified. The star system consists of a gigantic gas planet, seven times the size of Jupiter, and four rock planets, one, exoplanet X104C7, in the habitable zone. Exoplanet X104C7 is an earth-like planet, the three other rock planets resemble Mars to a high degree. The sun of the system is, like our sun, a G-type main sequence star, a yellow dwarf.

Shiva explored the system for a month and detected no artificial signals, radio or laser transmissions, or any other artificial signals. It detected no activities on any of the planets or the moons of the system. We can say that in all likelihood star system X104 is not inhabited by an extraterrestrial intelligence.

Shiva also investigated on the possible megastructure around the sun. In 2043 and 2045 unusual incidents had been observed. The star showed surprising behavior. Its light dimmed in dramatic ways as something passed in front of the star and blocked its light. A swarm of comets was ruled out. Another possibility was a so-called Dyson swarm, artificial objects orbiting the star. The spaceship’s sensors detected at least 500 hundred objects around the sun, according to a report Commander Ross transmitted. These objects were to be carefully scanned and investigated.

The ship carried advanced instruments and systems developed with cutting-edge technologies to test the possible Dyson ring objects. None of the objects responded to the conducted tests, however. The objects are either inoperative artificial objects or they are of a natural origin. We received a transmission from the ship that contained images of the objects. This transmission was scrambled, however, and could not be fully read. A few images seemed to show battered objects of a possible artificial origin. Experts have long analyzed the data and at last concluded that the objects around the star are in all likelihood of a natural origin, debris from a broken up planet most likely.

Commander Ross reported that he intended to land the spaceship on the planet in order to explore the earth-like world. The ship's sensors had detected a suitable place for landing and re-launch. Spaceship Shiva touched down on exoplanet X104C7 and Commander Ross sent a message to ground control Earth and reported the successful landing. We have not received any more messages, reports or transmissions from the ship.

Early speculation that the ship and the crew were captured by an extraterrestrial intelligence is very unlikely. The star system and the planet are in all likelihood uninhabited. The simplest explanation for the loss of the crew and the ship is either a technical failure or a damage by force majeure.

We carefully observed the solar system in the previous five years and detected no extraterrestrial activities which could have been reckoned with as a result of the crew and spaceship Shiva captured by an extraterrestrial intelligence.

We conclude that there is no imminent extraterrestrial danger for Earth and therefore recommend to keep the search for the ship and the crew suspended until new information is gained.

2017 Dolores Esteban
  • Like 18
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Wow! Gonna have to read the chapter at least once more. That's quite an info dump and I suspect/hope it'll all be relevant to the story. Okay, Dolores, you may post the next chapter. I'm ready. :D

Link to comment
On 02/26/2017 11:17 PM, Mikiesboy said:

Not usually a sci-fi fan, but you've piqued my interest with the mystery here. I'll be watching for more!

Thanks for the feedback. I'm glad you liked the story so far.

Link to comment
On 02/27/2017 03:26 AM, Carlos Hazday said:

Wow! Gonna have to read the chapter at least once more. That's quite an info dump and I suspect/hope it'll all be relevant to the story. Okay, Dolores, you may post the next chapter. I'm ready. :D

Thanks for reading and the feedback. There will be a little more background info before we touch down on the planet. Hope you won't lose interest. Chapter two will be out in the course of the week.

Link to comment

Have to say that this chapter really piqued my interest,  can't wait to see where this story goes.  Love allthe info given, makes it easier to get a full picture of the plot. 

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..