Jump to content
    Excuse
  • Author
  • 1,438 Words
  • 932 Views
  • 1 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Seventeen - 7. Chapter 7

"Hey there." I smiled at Chris

His demeanour was withdrawn, almost nervous, his head tilted downwards as if he were too nervous to look me in the eye. His gaze rose to meet mine.

"Hey." he smiled back. He had such a cute smile, enhanced by the way his sweet lips curved to form a set of dimples.

"You gonna let me in or not?" He asked.

A gleam in his eye told me that he'd noticed that I'd been staring. To hide my embarrassment I pulled him into the house, wrapping my arms around him. He felt good held up close to me; I could feel his chest against my own, the way it tensed and then relaxed. My action was probably a shock to both of us, but the sexual tension that had built up over the past week, had taken over. I was feeling a mixture of satisfaction and closeness combined with an urge to kiss him.

I began to wonder what it would be like without our shirts in the way. I could feel Chris's firm chest against my own as I wrapped one arm around his waist and let the other snake up his back, between his shoulder blades. I rested my hand on his neck as he rested his chin on my shoulder. The heat and tension between us, even the smell of his hair was driving me mad.

I pulled my hand from his neck and along his jaw line, tracing my thumb along his cheek as I went. Pulling my head away from his shoulder, where it had been resting, I made eye contact. Chris's eyes were smouldering, asking me to move in. I brushed my lips against his, touching my lower lip to his upper one. I pulled back teasing him. Letting out a moan, his eyes, which had become dreamy, closed. He pushed forward covering my mouth with his own. I guess he didn't much care for me teasing him.

As we pulled away from each other I realised that we were still standing in the doorway, and as I looked away from the shyly smiling Chris, I noticed a not so happy looking Brandon standing by one of the old oak trees that had been on the front of the property since I could remember.

He realised that I'd noticed him and as I went to move out of the doorway towards him, his reaction was to spin on his heel and run down the driveway to the gates.

"Brand! B! wa-wait up!" I hollered as I ran after him. "B, please..." I barely whispered as I stopped by the old tree.

I leant against it and slumped to the ground, I felt tired, and placed my head in my hands. I hadn't given a thought to letting go of Chris' hand; I'd just run out after Brand. When Chris knelt beside me and placed a hand on my shoulder I jumped.

"Brett?" Chris said gently, "Do you wanna go in?"

As we stood up and started towards the house, Chris bent down and picked a packet up off the floor.

"Erm I think this is for you" He handed me the packet.

I smiled a melancholy smile as I read a single word scrawled across a card, "Sorry". Turning the box in my hand, I realised it was a box of Lady Grey tea which made me chuckle. He'd bought me my favourite tea, and it appeared he wanted to apologise.

Was it possible I was about to get my best friend back? But why had he run away? Had I scared him off and possibly ruined a reconciliation with one kiss? As these thoughts ran through my mind, Chris was a constant presence, his hand occasionally squeezing my shoulder.

As we entered the lounge I walked to the fireplace and sat in front of it, smiling awkwardly at Chris. I didn't know what to say, so I just stayed silent, fiddling with the tag on my box of tea.

"Are you okay?" Chris finally broke the silence as he looked across the room at me.

In all honesty, I didn't know. Was I ok? How was I going to win Brandon back? Would I ever get over being in love with him?

I couldn't answer Chris with any certainty either way; I just didn't know.

"Have a seat." I gestured towards a sofa, dodging the question.

As he gave me a sympathetic smile and came and sat next to me on the floor, I noticed he was biting his lower lip. His angst was so sweet that I wanted him to hold me at that moment; I wanted to kiss him, to learn each contour of his body, tracing each one with my fingertips, my lips, and my tongue. I was both sexually and emotionally attracted to him, but... but was I just trying to find a replacement for Brandon?

I opened my mouth to say something, anything. I needed to tell him that I didn't know if I could be with him, that I was scared I'd hurt him.

"You like Brandon, don't you?" Chris asked me timidly, his expression showing a painful sort of dejection.

I was in love with Brandon, and Chris was one of the sweetest guys I knew; this much was certain. What I didn't know was what I would do about all the feelings flying through my mind. I wanted Chris, there was a sexual attraction for sure, but regardless of whether or not I could fall for him, and did I want to?

"I, urm, I just don't want to hurt you," I blurted out.

"You're too nice a guy, Brett! I might not know you as well as I could, but I know you're a nice guy." He said, smiling down at me.

I just gave him a confused stare and asked, "How do you know that?"

"Well I'm a good judge of character, and you'd be surprised how well you get to know someone if you talk every night," he answered.

I found this naïve; sweet, but naïve. I'd known the twins since I was a child, and Brandon apparently didn't know me well enough, so how was it possible for Chris to know me any better.

Chris moved in as he cupped my cheek with his hand, but I pulled back and he retracted his hand as if he'd burned it.

What are you doing? I mentally scolded myself as I turned back to the fire. This amazing guy, who you could get to know, to truly know, he likes you. You've got a chance here TAKE IT!

Making a decision, I stood, mustered as much clarity into my expression as possible, looked Chris in the eye and said, "Perhaps you should judge me once you've got to know me better, maybe in the cinema? Over dinner? I want to get to know you better." I smiled down at him.

"I'd like that." He tilted his head and looked up into my eyes. "I'd very much like that." Then he leaned in and placed his lips over my own.

-----

"So did you guys... you know?" Jane nearly squealed down the phone the next morning.

"If you mean did we have sex, then no we didn't. We just watched a movie and cuddled," I replied as I sunk into my bed. "We talked till 3 in the morning and I dropped him home. I was too confused to do anything more, I don't wanna hurt him you know?"

"Yeah I do, but you also don't want to pine after Brandon!"

I blushed, thanking god that Jane couldn't see me.

"Look, I love my brother but I don't know what's going on with him at the moment, and I don't think you should put your life on hold; one way or another you're gonna have to get over him. Besides, everyone has their first love." Then Jane added thoughtfully, "That shouldn't stop us from finding happiness where we can."

"I know" I said, huffing. "It’s just..."

And then when I thought about what she'd said, it suddenly struck me as strange.

"So when you seeing him next?" Jane cut me off before I could dwell on it any more.

"We have a date tomorrow night."

"REALLY? Oh you move fast!" Jane joked and I blushed.

"Jane, seriously though, you need to talk to B for me. Will you? Please?" I almost whined.

"Come over later in the week and we'll both talk to him. Anyway, I'm gonna go. See you soon, sweetheart."

"Bye. Love you.”

Copyright © 2011 Excuse; All Rights Reserved.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

So it just got ten times worse. And kissing in the open door for anyone to see, too. Brett is being and idiot, not talking to his parents and stringing Chris along. Maybe his cousin can get somse sense into him. And Jen is letting her twin down, but I guess she is in love, so she should be excused.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..