Jump to content
    Finn
  • Author
  • 2,362 Words
  • 898 Views
  • 4 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Verse - 5. Chapter 5

Oh hey!, drama! Woo! Poor everyone~~ 'Cept Raquel; she's still kicking ass.

Soren groaned, struggling to open his eyes. He felt secure, with Cody’s warm arms wrapped tightly around him. His boyfriend’s sleeping face was staring back at him, the lad’s pink lips parted slightly inches from Soren’s nose. He couldn’t resist; Soren arched forward to kiss his lover, his hands maneuvering beneath the blanket to set themselves around the boy’s waist.

Cody returned the kiss, his eyes opening shortly after it ended, a wide smile spreading across his face.

“Hey,” Cody whispered, the two so close his breath tickled Soren’s cheeks.

“Hey,” Soren whispered back, nuzzling Cody once.

“I love you,” Cody continued, setting his forehead against Soren’s, as his hand lightly stroked his boyfriend’s cheek.

“I love you too,” Soren replied, kissing Cody’s waiting lips.

Cody giggled, returning the light kiss before turning onto his back to stare at the clouds drift by over him. It was something he loved about his room, how open and connected to the outside it was; quite strange, though, still. The house was built quite recently, which explained the uncommon materials and colors that composed the walls, as well as the new age design. His room itself had a balcony overlooking their wide backyard, a clear glass sliding door the only thing between the two. That entire wall was made of glass, however, which folded into an angled roof. Part of it was a skylight, right above his bed.

Never ceased to amaze him, the sky. Of course, even the beauty of the sky was no match to that of the figure that replaced it.

Soren climbed onto Cody, blocking the latter’s view of the outside, a sly grin spread across his face. “You know,” he began cautiously, his hands crawling over Cody’s muscles, “we never did get to play last night.”

Cody rolled his eyes, nonetheless spreading his body out. “Do you never get tired of sex?” he asked, returning the coy smile.

“Not with you, Babe,” Soren answered, sliding his arms down Cody’s chest.

“Cody, Soren?” a feminine voice began, accompanied by a knock on the unnaturally white door. “Are you up, babies?”

Soren pouted. It was Cody’s stepmother. “We are now,” Cody called out loudly. “Thanks.”

“No problem, Darling,” the woman returned. “Breakfast is ready downstairs.”

“Okay. We’ll be down in a bit.”

As the woman stepped away, Soren sighed; his body had lost its excitement, as did Cody’s, as a certain object Soren felt beneath him faded away.

“Sorry, Soren,” Cody snickered, planting a quick kiss on Soren’s lips. “Guess you’ll have to wait a tad more.”

Soren snickered, throwing himself at Cody’s lips violently.

 

“Hello, Mrs. Lund,” Soren said excitedly, pulling back the steel chair before a plate of scrambled eggs and bacon. “You look beautiful today.”

“Oh, thank you, Soren!” the woman returned, making a light slapping gesture with her hand. She was a young woman, by the looks of it, with electric blue orbs in her sockets, and a stream of brown hair falling to her waist. Her thin frame was hidden away by a rather loose, though elegant, dress. Watching her caused Soren to look at Cody, whose auburn eyes stared back, chestnut hair sliding into his face at every movement, before being pushed back by the boy’s toned hands. Staring at him, Soren almost forgot their relationship—and Cody’s sexuality—was a secret here.

“See, Cody?” the woman’s voice drew Soren back. “Now that’s a gentleman.”

Cody simply rolled his eyes. “A true gentleman, alright.” He grinned, taking advantage of his stepmother’s attention elsewhere to mimic Soren’s facial expressions during their romp in the park restroom the previous night.

Soren giggled, though still managed a knowing smirk. “Of course!” the woman continued. “I bet he attracts all the ladies at school.”

“Of course, ma’am,” Soren returned. “Though, there’s only one for me.” He looked at Cody, his smile smug.

“Oh, really?” Cody’s stepmother replied. “She must be so lucky.”

“The luckiest,” Cody returned with an eye-roll.

Cody’s father entered the kitchen then. He was a tall man, walking with a certain air of prestige, dressed in an expensive-looking suit. His brown hair was neatly combed to the flank, still moist from a wet-down. As he approached them, he scanned both boys, an apathetic look on his face as he went from one to the other.

“Morning,” the man said, taking a seat, “Honey, boys. It’s a pleasure to see you again today, Soren.” He gestured lightly to the boy with a nod of his head, his hands already at work buttering his toasted bread.

“Pleasure’s all mine, Mr. Lund,” Soren returned, returning the nod. Cody’s father always struck him as a classy man, albeit quite aloof from his family. Even on the weekends, he put in a few hours at the office. Though, it seemed he had to, considering the near-mansion they lived in.

“Nonsense,” the man returned with a light smile, “you’re always welcome to stay over. It’s assuring to know Cody’s in such good company.”

Cody snickered, earning him a questioning look from his father. The teen shrugged it off, instead taking another forkful of scrambled eggs.

His father sighed, turning back to his toast; why ruin a quiet morning? “What are your plans for the day, boys?” Mrs. Lund filled the void.

Soren looked at Cody, who gave another shrug. “No idea,” Soren answered. “Probably play some video games, maybe head out to the park later.”

It was then Mr. Lund took a glance around the table and realized why his morning was so soothing. “Where are the children?” he asked, glancing at his second wife.

"It’s Sunday today, Darling,” the woman replied. “Their mother already came for them.”

“Ah,” the man replied slowly. “Right…” He never could remember the court settlement, likely because he hadn’t been present. His second wife and son had handled that situation.

Cody sighed, suddenly standing from the table and withdrawing, leaving Soren to sit awkwardly at his seat, Mr. Lund indifferent, Mrs. Lund painfully watching the boy leave.

Soren hated when Cody did that.

 

~.~.~.~

 

“I’m sorry,” Soren whispered, taking a seat next to Cody. The boy had retreated to his bed, to stare at the open, infinite blue that always met him.

“Not your fault,” Cody replied neutrally, sighing.

“Still,” Soren returned, smiling slightly. “You’re dad’s an ass; no one should have to deal with that.”

Cody chuckled. “There’s a lot of stuff people shouldn’t have to deal with, but do.”

“Yeah,” Soren replied. “Can’t help all of them, though.”

"Yeah…”

“But I might as well help you, no?” Soren asked, arching over Cody, bringing his face inches from his boyfriend’s.

Cody sneered, “I don’t need help, Soren.” His eyes avoided the boy so close to him. “I can handle myself well enough.”

Soren raised an eyebrow, his lips parting slightly in his surprise, before he suddenly pulled back and leaned against the wall. “Fuck,” he said, “I was only trying to help. No need to get all solo on me.”

“Yeah, whatever.”

Again, Soren squirmed. “Dude, what’s wrong?”

“You mean aside from my dad being a selfish ass, my mom ignoring my very existence, and my fucking boyfriend paying more attention to some little girly shit?”

“What??” Soren questioned, suddenly attentive. “Dude, keep your voice down.”

“I don’t want to keep my voice down,” Cody muttered tersely. “I want to know why the fuck you pay so much attention to that little fucker.”

“What are you talking about?” Soren begged silently.

“Luka!” Cody exclaimed. “Why is it that whenever he shows up, you suddenly forget me? Your own fucking boyfriend.”

“Dude! I don’t forget you! It’s just, it’s just—“

“What, Soren? What is it?”

“Dude, have you see him? He looks so fucking sad every single fucking time. What if he doesn’t have any friends, or someshit?”

“That’s not at all our problem,” Cody barked. “So what if some kid we barely even know has no friends?”

I know him,” Soren shot back. “I’ve known him since third fucking grade. He was my friend. You don’t leave friends out in the cold.”

“You do that to me,” Cody glared. “Every single time that kid shows up. Luka shows—bam, you’re out for the count.”

“Not even…” Soren whispered. “Cody, I love you… I just want to make sure Luka’s okay.”

Why?”

“Because,” Soren grunted, reeling back. “Fuck, Cody. He reminds me of you—fuck, he practically is you. You had the exact same look on your face he does.”

“Get out.”

“What?”

“Leave! How dare you compare me to that shit!”

“Cody—“

“I said leave!!” Cody stood up, grabbing Soren by the arm and dragging him towards the door. “Dammit, Soren. I’m not like him at all.

“Cody, calm—“

Cody shoved Soren out of his room, quickly closing the door after him, leaving Soren to stare at the door, confused.

 

~.~.~.~

 

“He’s pissed,” Soren decreed into his cellphone, as he journeyed down the street. It was bright out, though a few loose clouds were slowly working their way across the sky. He’d already left Cody’s neighborhood, and was now adventuring through a commercial district, his eyes scanning the windows of the small businesses that lined the street.

“What’d you do?” Raquel asked, lying comfortably on her bed over a mile away. Her room was coated in posters, most of bands or national celebrities. It was a mess, clothes covering the small floor, and plush animals lining her bed’s backboard. Her desk sat by the window, and housed a wide-screen desktop, along with a couple schoolbooks and an overwhelming mass of loose papers.

“I have no idea,” Soren answered, brushing his hair out of his eyes and behind his ears as he stopped at an intersection. “I think it was his dad that pissed him off, the guy totally forgot Cody’s mom came to pick up the kids today.”

“That’s it?” Raquel questioned incredulous, sitting up on her bed. She glanced at the television that hung on the wall across her, watching the female singer dance in skimpy clothing.

“I doubt it,” Soren replied. “His real mom hasn’t really talked to him in a while either. He thinks she might be upset over the whole ‘Cody helping his father during the court-case’ thing.”

Raquel nodded slowly, biting her lip as the singer on the television did the same, singing in a low, lustful voice. “Well, why he’d do that?”

“I have no idea,” Soren answered, “he never told me either.”

“Well, that blows then,” Raquel said with a giggle.

Soren chuckled as he crossed the street, his phone still pressed to his ear. “Yeah, but I think he’s also upset about Luka.”

“Upset about Luka?” Raquel asked absent-mindedly. It took a few moments for her words to click, at which she immediately stirred and gave the phone her full attention. “The hell did Luka do?”

“Existed,” Soren said with a snicker. The streets were quiet and traffic light as he sat on a small fountain. There was a large store behind him, with a sizable mob of vehicles parked in front of it. “I donno,” the boy continued. “He’s upset that I give Luka too much attention…”

“Uh-huh…” Raquel replied.

“Yeah, but I don’t—do I?”

“Well you do kind of space out when Luka’s around, Soren.”

“I do not.”

“Totally do.”

“Serious?”

“So serious it hurts.”

Soren snickered again, before leaning back slightly to glance skyward. A few contrails crisscrossed the sky, with the jets mere dots disappearing into the distance. “I’m just worried about Luka,” Soren whispered. “I still kind of remember when I met him—he’s so different now.”

“Soren…” Raquel began slowly. “That was, like, a shitton of years ago. Of course he’s changed.”

“Should I like, forget him?” Soren asked after a thoughtful moment.

“Depends,” Raquel answered just as cautiously. “I mean, yeah, he’s probably going through some stuff. He’s so quiet, and… reserved.”

“Was like that since you met him, though.”

“Yeah…. Kinda shows. Plus, the kid’s also interested in you, Soren. Have you not seen the look in his eyes?” She giggled, adding, “I can totally understand why Cody has issues with him.”

What??” Soren demanded. “He does not.”

“Don’t bullshit me, Soren,” Raquel answered with a sneer. “It’s obvious he’s interested. You’re just too big a dunce to notice it. Or maybe you do—and you want his attention. You are a horny little slut, after all.”

Raquel was giggling over the phone, and Soren managed a defeated sigh in return. “Soo…”

His friend shrugged. “I don’t know. Just, like… I donno. Give him space? I mean, there’s not much you can do. He’s clearly pissed at you.”

“And I should probably avoid Luka as well, huh?”

“Probably… Unless, you know, you want that diiiiick.”

Soren broke into laughter, almost falling backwards into the fountain water as a result. “Dammit, Raquel,” he sighed into the phone. “You’re unbelievable at times. Ugh.”

Raquel giggled again. “Yeah, I know. But I’m also right. What are you doing with Luka, Soren?”

Nothing,” Soren answered quickly. “Just trying to be the guy’s friend.”

“Doesn’t he smell like weed to you, Soren?”

“I don’t know what weed smells like, Raquel,” Soren snickered. “We’re not all from thug families.”

“Leave my brothers outta this,” Raquel replied cheekily. “They’re damn cool people.”

“Yeah, yeah,” Soren answered. “But, does he smell like weed?”

Every single time,” Raquel returned. “Like, no lie, that boy’s always got some on him.”

Soren nodded cautiously. “Maybe a medical condition?”

The girl scoffed. “Yeah, medical condition. Totally, Soren.”

Soren snickered. “Shut up, Raquel,” he muttered.

“Point is,” Raquel continued, “he might not be the best influence.”

The boy mulled over it, before letting out a sigh. “Anyway,” he said, changing topics. “I’m bored. Had a whole day planned with Cody and the boy screws us both over. What’re you and Ev doing today?”

“Nothing, really,” Raquel answered, “just droll over guys. Wanna join us?”

“I guess so,” Soren answered, standing. “I’ll be there in, like, fifteen.”

“Okay. See ya soon, Sory.”

Soren couldn't help but laugh, as Raquel hung up on him.

Complain to me! Or, you know, give kudos, if that's more your game. Either way, reader reactions are welcome.
Copyright © 2013 Finn; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Ha, didn't notice before that you already updated! lol

 

I think Cody's way out of line. I can see him being upset with his mother. I was a little confused b/c you first mentioned his stepmother and then when him and Soren went down for breakfast, she was his mother. But then it was mentioned that his siblings' mother came to pick them up. I was assuming that his father's second wife is his stepmother like was mentioned first. Why didn't his real mom pick him up also? That's what he's so upset about, right? I think he was taking his anger out on Soren, even though we know he's jealous somehow of Luka. He didn't have to go after Soren like that, especially since Soren had no idea what he was talking about. The night before he was fine, so I can see where he'd be confused as to why all of a sudden Cody mentions Luka.

 

Anyway....great chaper as usual! Oh, one typo I noticed: when Raquel was talking to Soren, telling him to come over, she said she and Evelyn were just going to "droll over guys". I think you meant 'drool'. Also, not to be critical, but you use the word 'sneer' too much. Everybody seems to be sneering, (which isn't a nice look), when they're talking about regular things. A sneer is a look of scorn or disgust, but when your characters sneer, the subject matter is of everyday things; not anything they should be sneering over.

 

Ok, looking forward to more! :)

Link to comment
On 03/05/2013 10:38 AM, Lisa said:
Ha, didn't notice before that you already updated! lol

 

I think Cody's way out of line. I can see him being upset with his mother. I was a little confused b/c you first mentioned his stepmother and then when him and Soren went down for breakfast, she was his mother. But then it was mentioned that his siblings' mother came to pick them up. I was assuming that his father's second wife is his stepmother like was mentioned first. Why didn't his real mom pick him up also? That's what he's so upset about, right? I think he was taking his anger out on Soren, even though we know he's jealous somehow of Luka. He didn't have to go after Soren like that, especially since Soren had no idea what he was talking about. The night before he was fine, so I can see where he'd be confused as to why all of a sudden Cody mentions Luka.

 

Anyway....great chaper as usual! Oh, one typo I noticed: when Raquel was talking to Soren, telling him to come over, she said she and Evelyn were just going to "droll over guys". I think you meant 'drool'. Also, not to be critical, but you use the word 'sneer' too much. Everybody seems to be sneering, (which isn't a nice look), when they're talking about regular things. A sneer is a look of scorn or disgust, but when your characters sneer, the subject matter is of everyday things; not anything they should be sneering over.

 

Ok, looking forward to more! :)

Ah, I'll run in and clarify that soon--the whole mother, stepmother business. The latter just sounded like a mouthful, but I guess it is more accurate and clear.

 

Cody's mom has something against him, and he's feeling pretty heated over it. His dad's also quite, troublesome to him. It was really the comment his father made and how the man totally forgot the kids weren't home that made Cody break. The lad just took the rage and channeled it , probably in the wrong direction. ;)

 

I'll fix that second issue too, aha. And, yes, even I've noticed I'm repetitive with my words at time... lots of times, really. It's something I'm trying to wiggle out of; hopefully it'll be different in the later chapters.

 

Criticism is welcome, though. Can't fix something if the problem isn't known. I'll try to use that word less, though; albeit, I don't mean the entire ugleh face, but more of the little noise that comes with it--you know, that little arrogant wheeze. I find it hilarious.

 

Very hilarious.

 

Much appreciated! o/

Link to comment

Soren didn't come up this emotionally immature before. At least I thought otherwise. Guess you are letting his age show. Cody seems a notch higher in issues. Closeted emotional teenager... Tasty morsel. Will Soren be able to ride this wave?

Link to comment
On 03/20/2013 02:47 AM, asamvav111 said:
Soren didn't come up this emotionally immature before. At least I thought otherwise. Guess you are letting his age show. Cody seems a notch higher in issues. Closeted emotional teenager... Tasty morsel. Will Soren be able to ride this wave?
Hmm, didn't think Soren would come across as emotionally immature. The lad makes mistakes, aye, though, I aimed for him to be more "careless" than "immature". Gah, well.

 

Thanks for the reviews, mate; made me laugh, just seeing all of this pop up during my work lunch break.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..