Jump to content
    flawlesss
  • Author
  • 2,026 Words
  • 2,222 Views
  • 1 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Admire Me - 2. Chapter 2 Korbyn's Here

Chapter 2- Korbyn’s Here

 

 

I had to pull myself out of bed this morning. Today, was one of those days. When you come to school and your body feels heavy. I was still able to brush my teeth, my hair, and my other daily rituals. It is a must to keep yourself at tip top beauty.

Keylan says, `I'm girlish', he thinks I take a long time preparing myself and my gestures are similar to Jade's, but he doesn't mean it in a harmful way.

He says, the same thing to Jade. Ryan is more masculine. I guess that's why they talk amongst themselves when Jade and I gossip.

Where are they anyway? I'm at the breakfast table by myself. When is this new guy coming? I was so focused on my impression that I wasn't eating breakfast today. If this guy is going to hang with us. I have to show him off the top, who's boss!

Five minutes later, I saw Jade leading Ryan, Keylan, and the new guy.

I have to admit I am impressed by this guy. He has dirty blonde spiked hair, emeralds for eyes, braces. A Hollister model to sum it up.

Am I still at school? Why does he want to hang with us?

Braylon, snap out of it! Remember, show no emotion. I can do it... I can do it. I thought as they sat down.

"This is the marvelous, Braylon. A.K.A our alpha, He can handle the responsibility of alpha. Trust me, it isn't easy." Jade said, giving me a good intro. I have to thank him for that later.

"Hi." The new guy said holding his hand out. I gave him a firm shake.

Jade began to ramble again."Braylon, the guy in front of you is Korbyn."

Korbyn huh?... So far he isn't a waste of time. I can get use to him being around. He does add an extra flavor to our clique. Okay.. I'll keep him, but I can't be too eager.

"Korbyn, you can hang with us this week. After this week, if we decide we don't like you, you can't be apart of us." I said without expressing any emotions.

The more I talked to him. His face was changing to a look of disgust. I hope he hasn't picked up on anything. He has to, get to know me. Before, he judges my cover.

Keylan and Ryan talked to him as if I said: `He was in'. Jade gave an unusual smile. Korbyn looked at me uncomfortably again. I tried to ignore it, even though I'm not the type to hold anything in.

Until he asked, "Why do you act like a girl?" oh no! no, no, no! How dare this buffoon insult me!

Keylan tried to speak before I could say anything, "We don't care about that. Because once you get to know him, the girlish thing is awesome."

Ryan's eyes were big. Like Korbyn had set off a nuclear missile. Jade's mouth dropped. They know how rude I can be. I'm very crafty with comebacks.

In this situation I will let him off with a warning, since I like him.

The bell rang dismissing breakfast. I was moving angrily to my locker. How could he insult me? Next time, I will crush his feelings.

"Bray, are you okay?" Jade asked, with a concerned look.

I fake smiled, “Yes, I am, don't worry about what happened." Jade watched me carefully before heading off to his class.

 

My classes flew by, even lunch. I wasn't admiring Jade's full lips when he talked. I didn't admire Keylan's fit body as usual, or Ryan's mysteriousness.

I was entranced in anger. Korbyn, had brought this to me, this morning. I suppose the girlish thing is okay, when Keylan or Ryan mentions it. They seem fine with it.

I was sitting in my last class, Family Development. We don't do much in here. I'm being taught things I already know. Everything was trying to get back on track. Until, Korbyn sat down. He kept giving me dirty looks, as the teacher talked about abusive parenting. That added fuel to my fire again.

 

I made it home. A place where Korbyn, could never show his face. I finished my English homework. I sat on my bed as anger held me hostage.

 

*Hours later*

 

My mom made nachos. Believe it or not I didn't taste anything when I ate them. I was so mad. After my shower I still felt the anger. Which isn't normal. Before, I could get any angrier my phone vibrated. "BZZZ BZZZ"

 

It's Jade!

"Hello?" I picked up.

"Hey, what are you doing?" He said with enthusiasm. I'm really not feeling it right now.

"Laying down."

Jade's voice got soft and light. It was like when he spoke to me I was hearing a lullaby. It was knocking some of the anger away.

"Today, I thought Mr. Korbyn was about to get shutdown." I heard him smiling.

"I thought about doing it, but I had mercy on him." Jade hurry up and switched the subject.

"I like the yellow polo you wore. It matched your skin wonderfully." He complimented. I wish he knew, his yellow tone, is what's hott.

"Thanks, Jade."

"You're welcome!"

We talked for thirty minutes. Just gossiping, and laughing. We hung up to get our rest for tomorrow. I was off to sleep before I knew it.

 

After sleeping, I did feel better than I did yesterday. I did my morning ritual, as usual. Since, I had time to spare. I decided to eat some breakfast before school. I ate some Lucky Charms. I was surprised to see this morning my brother or my mom didn't get in my way. Because some days they cause me problems when I'm trying to get to school.

Today, makes me feel like with each passing hour, my anger from yesterday flakes off.

At school, Keylan and Korbyn, were chatting like never before. Ryan was talking in it too. I don't think Jade knew what to do. He clung to my side, Instead of chatting with Korbyn. That's why I chose Jade as Beta, because he can tell when I still have issues with somebody. It never fails, he always avoid the issue. So he can stay on my good side.

At lunch, I was eating tender strips with chili and cheese. I love this meal. steam seeped from the strip as I bit into it. The chili and cheese added their flavors to the tenders, Wrapping my tongue with delight. I was enjoying this.

My ears started to pick up on Keylan's sad tone. He was explaining to Ryan and Korbyn that he was a good boyfriend.

Which was strange. I wanted to know, why was he talking about that? Jade must have caught the curious look on my face. He came out of nowhere explaining what the conversation was about.

"Keylan, is upset because, Kimmie, has been acting `not herself’', and she is sitting over there..." Jade said pointing at a table to the far left. "Chatting it up, with David. We all know that David is a big player." he sighed drinking his Powerade.

I told Keylan, about Kimmie. I felt the urge to interrupt Keylan. "Keylan, you don't really know if they are trying to date. Plus, I told you when you first started liking her, she was a cheerleading tramp!" I couldn't help but smirk after I said that. Korbyn did a double take. I forgot, this is his first time hearing me in action. He looks shocked.

Jade laughed loud," HAHAHA...Braylon you are so crazy!"

Keylan put his head down saying, "You're right, I shouldn't jump to conclusions." Ryan patted him on the back.

When I looked at Korbyn, He rolled his eyes at me. For no reason! Yesterday's anger came back to me. Adding to what just happened. I was about to holler and scream at him. He doesn't get off with another warning.

Braylon keep your composure...now try to respond.

A smirk spread over my face. I didn't want to, but I have to attack this Hollister cutie.

"Korbyn, do you have a problem or something? Because I see all those dirty looks you shoot at me!" I let out.

Jade's mouth dropped, Ryan's eyes grew, Keylan's mood switched. From the looks of their reactions they knew the nuclear missile was in motion, and the results wasn't going to pretty.

"Yeah, I have a problem! You act like a freaking GIRL! I don't see why they let you boss them around!" he blurted out. This pretty boy, Has some nerve.

Everybody gasped!

"Is that your way of saying you're jealous? Because you don't seem happy with yourself?" I snapped back.

"Whatever little girl."

"Save that little girl crap to address your mom, not me." I felt good letting the steam off. I could hear the clique laughing at what I was saying.

"You are such an idiot." he muttered to me.

"You are the one who started giving me dirty looks."

"Yeah because I hate the way you act!"

"Don’t start things you know you can't finish." I replied.

"girl, girl, girl."

"You are the one who's face is turning red Because you're getting shut down." I could feel the heat and the fuel egging me on to keep going. "If you can't handle the heat, get out of the cafeteria!" what am I doing? "Who's the girl now?"

 

After I had blew my top. Korbyn got up from the table. Keylan and Ryan chased after him. Jade sat beside me still stunned.

"Braylon, oh my gosh! You shut him down! There was nothing he could say or do or think. You let him have it. I can't believe it! That’s what was suppose to happen yesterday. The missile was launched and it blew up in Korbyn's face."

I snickered lightly because Jade was talking so fast. I didn't hear some of the things he said.

"Jade I think you and I both have said enough"

We both sat there laughing for the rest of our lunch period.

 

The remainder of my day blew away with the wind. I felt high in my spirits. I finally got that off my chest. In Family Development Korbyn didn't try to look my way.

I had to teach him. I don't care if he doesn't ever sit with us anymore, and I certainly don't care, if he doesn't ever look at me again.

Then again, I had an ounce of guilt floating in me. Only because his green eyes would never be focused on me.

 

*One Week later*

 

The rest of that week slipped by. Korbyn continued to ignore me, but he still sat with us. Kimmie got worse, flirting with David. Jade called me every night with nightly gossip.

The thing that bothered me the most was my brother Jason. He kept having his friends over at our house. His friends were always loud, and it wasn't just two or three friends. It was like five, or six.

At the end of the week the clique took a vote. To see if Korbyn was going to be apart of our clique. The votes ruled that Korbyn was officially 'in' the clique. Thanks to Ryan, Keylan, and for some reason Jade. I guess I can take him being one of us.

Jade announced that David was having a small get together. Not many people knew about it, but of course Jade did.

I told the clique we would be attending this `get together'. It's not like David to throw a small get together. He is known for throwing the biggest bashes at school, and inviting everyone. We were invited through sneaky gossip. Strange...

Korbyn said `no thanks’ to me. he won't be going to the ‘get together’ which was too bad. He would have been a good look for us.

I told them to dress their best because there could be drama. I can sense drama a mile away. This get together has the drama stench.

span>That's All for now. Email me if you liked it. Email: princejosh333@aol.com
Copyright act, no part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or any means , or stored in a data base or retrieval system without the prior written permission of the author.<br /><br /> Characters and events portrayed in this story are fictitious. Any<br /><br />similarity to real persons, living or dead is coincidental and not intended<br /><br />by the author.<br />
  • Like 5
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I am glad to see you are continuing your story. Braylon is quite a character huh? But, I think he has met his match with Korbyn. Jade is funny. He is almost like having a girlfriend in the group.lol

You seem to have your storyline in place. I would suggest you getting a beta and an editor. I saw several grammatical errors and some of your sentence structure is a little distracting. But, like I said, you have a great story going here. I love it! :thumbup:

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..