Jump to content
    flawlesss
  • Author
  • 3,911 Words
  • 3,580 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Enchanted Life - 2. Chapter 2 Celestial Academy

I was in a whirlpool of spinning stars. All around the tunnel was glimmering bodies of twinkling illuminations. As I was being sucked through the winding tunnel, I noticed my lungs were like balloons of air. It was like my lungs were inhaling bursts of air but weren’t letting it out. It was hard for me to breathe.

I was on the verge of panic when my nostrils refused to let any air out. I was about to open my mouth to scream, but before I could gusts of wind seeped into my throat to block air from escaping. My mouth sealed shut quickly. Holding the air back once again.

I was going to die!

That was my only thought. I didn’t know what to do. I was winding through blazing swirls of bright lights, and I couldn’t breathe!

I was going to suffocate here!

Then a calm voice came to me from my head. “Keep calm and keep still, you aren’t going to die.” It was great to hear the soothing sound of reassurance, but my life felt like it was at stake!

Finding my center, I calmed myself. Although I couldn’t breathe, somehow I knew, I would survive this. I switched my mind off the panic, to the wonderful sight of light in the tunnel.

There were dazzling purples, blues, and whites sparkling along the cycling edges. My mom sent me pummeling through destinies open gateway of time. Something my lungs weren’t ready for. It felt like I was racing through outer space in a warp of light.

I can literally say, it was the most ‘breath taking’ sight, I have witnessed.

From this enchantment my mom casted, I could tell she still had her powers. I was hoping above everything, in the book there was a teaching on how to do the ‘tunnel of light’ enchantment. (If that is what it is called.)

All of a sudden, I was being spit out. The tunnel’s mouth was closing into a smaller circle after I was ejected. Leaving gravity to pull my weight to the ground below.

I was free falling a short ways through the air, reaching for the clouds, that were too far up for me to grab. When my back cracked hitting the solid ground with a thud. I wanted to say ouch, but the pain in my back left before the word ever came forth.

Rolling around in the pokey blades of grass, I used my arms to push myself up to stand. My legs went almost weak at the first wobble, and almost caused me to fall down. Standing on my two feet never felt so difficult. Every muscle in my leg began to strain and wobble trying to keep me upheld. A moment later my bags pounded the ground beside my feet, making their landing.

I glanced above my head seeing a small faint glow of something. Which was fading and leaving before my eyes. I think it was the tunnel.

After two seconds it faded away into nothing. It was almost as if the tunnel never existed. There was no trace of its power left behind, after the faint light vanished. My legs started to wobble again. Like they were trying to balance me on a skate board instead of the ground.

My knees locked, ceasing all movement, when my eyes held on to something a short distance beyond.

I took in the extraordinary structure of the Academy. A colossal designed building, stationed on plots of perfectly cut grass, and curvy sidewalks. It was a marvelous construction of bricks assembled just for my likes.

This is it! This was my new home!

This was my chance to give it my all. To become the mightiest, unstoppable sorcerer ever! I could feel tingles of power running through my veins as I prepared to learn new skills.

A smirk came about my soft face, When I thought about my dad. When I become mighty, he will be sorry he ever made me hide my powers.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Upon my entrance I was directed to the front office to be registered. The lady sitting behind the desk didn’t ask me much since my files were already in their systems. As soon as the lady finished with her questions she had two men to carry my luggage to the dorm I would be staying in.

The halls were loaded with all kinds of teenagers. As they passed the office I was wondering what their abilities were? I was trying to guess what brought them here? What was their story for being at Celestial Academy?

While I was looking through the glass of the office, students were passing by giving me unwelcoming glares. I wasn’t in the mood to be nice either, so I gave them a sinister stare back. They will learn quick, that I am not the smiling, friendly type. I suggest they keep their distance.

Besides, I have a few enchantments in mind, that I wanted to use on the first rodent who dares test me.

After filling out a pound of paper work. I finally had a tour of the Academy. The lady in the front office was kind enough to show me around. The school was spacious and it offered the welcoming presence of a long lost home for my spirit. The further we travelled around the structure of immaculance, my legs were beginning to tire, but my heart was beating rapidly with the sights I was seeing.

I was impressed when she showed me the game rooms, weight rooms, and restaurants. Towards the back of the Academy there were theaters, and libraries with stocked books on several types of powers and abilities. There were plenty of books about the nature of power and how to use your gifts accurately.

I tried looking for a sorcery book, but we were walking to fast for my eyes to catch on to a title. Celestial Academy had everything anyone would possibly want or need. I must say, this place was set up for more than just learning. It seemed to be a living paradise for enjoyment and entertainment.

When my tour was over. The Assistant from the office lead me through a series of halls that guided us straight to my dorm. She dropped me off and wished me the best of luck. She was concerned about me before she left my dorm.

I knew that because she told me: “Since you are new and it’s going to take some time getting use to how Celestial is ran, come to me if you have any questions, or you need help getting from one place to the other.”

I scanned my room from left wall to right wall. It was fully furnished with a comfy nice queen size bed. There were dressers pushed against the wall, and a desk with a nice lamp that gave off a dim relaxing glow. There was a shelf for me to put my study books on. I even had a closet to put all my clothes in. it was better than my old room. It carried a refined new gasp of life and freshness with it.

I wasn’t expecting this kind of hospitality from a school. I’ve always heard of college students complaining about their dorm living spaces, but if they could see what I was given, I bet they would demand all schools have dorms for students like this one.

Seeing my bags in the center of the floor. I began unfolding my shirts, hanging them on clothes hangers In my closet, and unfolding my shorts stuffing them in the dressers. I kept going through the suitcase to unpack and get settled in my new home.

As I unpacked, I was slowly preparing my mental state to deal with the students I would meet here. I knew I would make more enemies than friends, but I was ready to wipe anyone out that cross me the wrong way. I won’t let any of them distract me from my purpose of being here.

Earlier, when I was taking the tour. I couldn’t help but see the intense stares when I passed by. I didn’t like the strangeness of it all. All the students had unexpected expressions across their faces as they watched me. I even saw some of them peeking through the cracks of their dorm room doors trying to get a better look.

I really shouldn’t worry myself to hard. It’s only the first day. I will sit back, and let everything run its course. I won’t worry, I won’t rush, and I won’t try to force it. I’ll let natural order fall into action.

I went to my dresser pulling out a nice pair of snug clothes to lay down in. I laid back on the velvety bed and let it grab ahold of me as I relaxed. I had a lot of adapting to do I thought looking up at the square ceiling of my dorm. My mind was trying to get adapted as fast as it could to this new environment.

I didn’t have my dad telling me what to do. I didn’t have anyone yelling at me every five minutes, waking me up out of my slumber to do tedious things. I felt free and uplifted being here, laying down. It brought a shocking relief to me that I hadn’t heard anyone scream at me in these passing hours.

It was so different from home, but so much better.

Knock, Knock!

What! Who could be knocking on my door? There shouldn’t be anyone knocking on my door. For one reason, I knew one of celestial rules were: no one is to enter your room unless they are a part of your assigned group. I haven’t been around long enough to have a group yet.

Knock, Knock, Knock…

Plus the assistant at the office told me the doors on these dorm rooms don’t lock unless it is requested by the principal. That was a major scare factor, because I don’t know who would come in, or what they would do to me.

Knock, Knock, Knock, Knock

Who could this be? There should be no reason someone is knocking because I haven’t had time to make any friends, let alone adjust to my new settings.

Suddenly after a long extended pause…my door knob rattled and then it twisted.

The door slowly opened. Spilling the light from the hall onto my floor in a slant. There was a shadow pushing the door far enough to be a slight crack. My eyes couldn’t make out the shadow or what it was wearing. I tried to raise my head from my soft pillows to see more details.

I was getting shaky, I was about to get scared until the lights came together and created a clear visible picture for my eyes. I soon lost my fear. I realized there was no reason to over react. It was only another student. Someone I happen to ‘not know’. Someone I had not seen earlier.

The lights revealed an emo looking guy with shoulder length black hair. His hair was styled so different from what I’m used to seeing. He had four blood red streaks added in to the style. I realized his hair hid his eyes from me.

I was on the verge of asking him what he wanted, but I figured I would let him be the first to speak, since he brought it upon himself to twist my door knob.

The grey muscle shirt he wore showed off his toned arms. I noticed he wore fingerless black gloves. As he step around the door trying not to come in all the way, but still be seen. His red silk basketball shorts matched his streaked hair perfectly. It was almost like he knew how to match his style of hair with any of his clothes.

I have no idea what this emo wants. Maybe he got lost, and he needs help finding his way back to his dorm. Let’s hope he finds his way back soon, because I was enjoying my velvety covers and the silence that came with the room.

Unless….

Unless this guy is my roommate!!

The assistant never told me I might have a roommate. This was crazy! I wasn’t expecting this! But I guess I can deal with living arrangements. Hey, anything would work, as long as it wasn’t my dad.

 

“Sorry to barge in.” he said hesitantly, never stepping past the entrance of the door way. “You are new here, right?”

I shook my head ‘yes’. I didn’t know how to really answer him. I was freezing up. My mouth felt like it seized at my moment to talk freely.

“I thought I would drop by, and be the first to introduce myself….I am the first one aren’t I?” he asked with a second thought, I shook my head ‘yes’ again, as he fidgeted with the jingly door knob. He kept twisting it left to right.

“Good.” He said with a sigh. “The name is Chance.” He smiled for the first time.

I stared at him for a long, cold, untrusting minute. “I’m Julius.” I was still worried about who he was, and why he felt like he could barge into the new guy’s room? What was this emo’s intentions? What was he up to?

“Julius is a nice name.” his smile grew weirdly showing his teeth. “Well if you ever need something, my room is three doors down the hall to your left.” He mentioned, throwing my suspicion of him being my roommate away.

“Okay…” I said waiting for him to leave. Just as I expected he did. I can’t believe an emo talked to me. This would have never happened at my old school. This was weird, everything about his approach was weird.

When I laid my head back against the softness of my pillows, I realized I couldn’t get comfortable anymore. There was something blocking me from getting totally comfortable. Ever since Chance came in here. I don’t know what he did that quick to my room, but something wasn’t right.

Maybe I’m over thinking this, but I’m picking up strange energy from this place.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

The next morning I awoke from a quiet sleep. I walked to my dorm’s bathroom and started trying to fix myself. After all, I had to be presentable; it was my first day attending class.

I brushed my hair for thirty minutes like I normally did. When I finished my morning groom, I roamed my closet for a minute. I decided I would go with the Aeropastle look for today. Tugging a turquoise shirt from its hanger, I hurried over to the bathroom mirror.

Holding the shirt against my body, I saw how the shirt gave my yellow-hazel eyes an intensifying glow. I couldn’t go wrong with this shirt on the first day. There was no way. It also gives my honey skin its own flavor.

This was perfect! After one final glance at the mirror, I turned away to get dressed. I didn’t think I ever have looked this good.

Next, I started gathering the materials I would need for class. I remember the lady from the office saying a few things.

Okay, I have something to write with, my pencil (check),paper (check),notebook (check),folders and a set of dividers…(check). That’s almost everything. Except… um where’s my-

A sharp, ‘Knock! Knock!’ came from the outside of the door. “Hellooo!”

What is this? Why does my door keep getting knocked on? I know one thing, it better not be that Chance dude from yesterday. He’s already gave me a weird vibe.

If it is-

Before I could react, the door swung open. ”Hi!” a bleach blonde guy entered with a bright smile. He had a pair of powder blue eyes that were hard to miss, and a slender framed body.

My hand clutched my chest in surprise. Talk about going into an unstable shock. Not only that, but I couldn’t believe the nerve of the kids here. They weren’t taking the privacy matters into consideration.

They all found it in their selves to barge into my room. What did they think this was?

I didn’t know what to say to the bleach blonde. I was about to wave ‘hi’ since I was at a loss of words, but I had stopped when I saw he wasn’t alone.

In walked another guy. Who stood beside the bleach blonde. This new guy was shorter with black cut hair. He had irresistible silverish-grey eyes. As he moved to stand near the first guy his creamy peach skin seemed to shimmer in its own way.

I didn’t know who they were, but I could tell they were feminine by, their arms folded over chest and hip to one side, stance. I could also tell by their wrist movements, and their almost flawless appearance.

They reminded me of myself, especially the way they dressed.

“Hi.” I greeted not wanting to move my mouth. The only thing I wanted to know was; who are these two?

“Oh, sorry for not introducing ourselves.” The perky bleach blonde one said. “It’s so rude of us. We just had to meet you.” He finished with a smile.

His friend beside him just stood there nodding along with whatever he said.

“Anyway, I’m Ashlynn.” He said stepping closer to me, his powder blue eyes turned a friendlier shade.

“…and I’m Talan.” The shorter dark haired guy chimed in. letting his silver eyes speak for him.

“Hey Ashlynn,…hey Talan.” I waved at them both separately.

Ashlynn stared at me awkwardly. He and Talan both were looking at me like I was supposed to be saying something more. I guess this was supposed to be the part where I stand up and give them an essay on: where I’m from and what my life was like before I came here.

Yeah, right.

“Um…so…” Ashlynn stumbled around with the words. “What’s your name?”

Oh I forgot. That’s probably why they were giving me those awkward stares. I never introduced myself. “I’m Julius.”

I kept giving them unsure glances. Because I didn’t know what they truly wanted from me. What was the purpose behind everyone trying to reach out to me?

“Hey Julius!” they both said my name like identical twins. Then they both started studying me with their pretty set of eyes. Like I was some kind of lost puppy.

“Oh my gosh, Talan. We have a new friend. And he isn’t a loser.” Ashlynn stated excitedly shaking his bleached hair. His hair was long enough for him to have a little volume and bounce in it.

“Tell me about it.” Talan agreed. His dark hair was short. But the interesting thing about him was his eyes. It was hard for me to peel my sight off of his silver orbs.

“Friend?” I thought out loud. Who ever said we were friends? I don’t remember saying I was their friend. I haven’t let anyone see my friendly side.

“Yes, friend.” Ashlynn started, letting his powder blue eyes twinkle as he grinned. “See, we are in your group.” He pointed at himself and Talan. “At Celestial they assign you a group depending on what power you have. Since you are a sorcerer, you are in the same group as Talan and I… Got that?”

It brought warmth to my heart to know I wasn’t the only male sorcerer. I’ve always thought this gift was only for girls. Oh wow!

That’s when Talan began, “He is right. Ashlynn and I, are the only sorcerer’s at Celestial Academy. Which means, while the other groups grow continuously, we remain the only two in our group.” Talan smiled wider. “It’s been like that for a long time…that is until you got here.”

This shouldn’t be bad. There is only three people in our group, and only three sorcerer’s in the entire school. Which was actually great. Talan and Ashlynn could teach me what I didn’t know about sorcery.

They are pretty cool. I guess I can see myself hanging with them. I have to get use to them anyway, thanks to the ‘group rule’ thing Celestial had.

Ashlynn started to talk again, “We have so much to show you, and wait until you meet everyone else.”

Talan kept nodding along before adding, “Oh by the way, I hope you know this is an all guys Academy.” I gave another unsure stare at him. I wasn’t informed about that when I first came. “I know you are probably upset about that but the teachers think it gives the guys a better chance of focusing.”

That’s when Ashlynn cut in to say, “It hasn’t prevented much. The guys still keep in touch with the ‘ladies’.” he rolled his blue eyes at the thought of it.

“Oh My Gosh, Ashlynn!” Talan grabbed Ashlynn’s thin shoulder with a tug. “I totally almost forgot. If we don’t leave soon, the bell is going to ring, and we will be late.”

“Oops! I got caught up talking so much, that I almost forgot too.” Ashlynn cupped his hands over his mouth. “We have to get going now!”

Both of them turned to face the door at the same time. Like their movements were happening at the same time. It was like they thought exactly the same thoughts.

Suddenly, Talan’s short dark hair whirled to face away from the door to place his silver glare on me. “And you, you have to come with us…not just to class but everywhere from now on.” He said.

“Grab your stuff and let’s go.” Said Ashlynn, his cheeks went pink as he smiled away.

I grab my bag off the floor where I left it before they knocked, and picked it up. I hurried to the door where they both stood waiting on me.

As I shut my door Talan spoke, “No need to worry, we weren’t planning on leaving without you.” Which gave Ashlynn something to chuckle about.

Then we all set out for class. Walking further down the hall. They were both constantly talking about other people at the school. The names they were bringing up I had no idea who these guys were. so I couldn’t comment. This wasn’t my area of conversation.

They both seemed to be cool guys, I still didn’t know whether to trust them or not, but I thought since they were in my group I had to start giving them small amounts of trust soon.

I know I had more names to learn, more enchantments to take down, and definitely more surprises in store for me. Who knows what was next for me in Celestial.

 

The characters and events portrayed in this book are fictitious. Any similarity to real persons, living or dead is coincidental and not intended by the Author. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, without the permission of the Author.<br />
  • Like 11
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Interesting this chapter didn't have the same intense vibe if the first chapter. This was more a teen learning a new place he mentions a couple times loose threats of him being a bad guy but mostly it was a watch and see thing. Linda nice but prolly won't last long lol. Looking forward to next chapters....maybe more Chance huh?

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..