Jump to content
    grahamsealby
  • Author
  • 4,698 Words
  • 1,469 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Billabong - 5. Chapter 5

Chapter Five

5.1

'For a city boy, you ride well; where did you learn to ride?'

'I grew up on the Mornington peninsular, and had a part-time job at the racetrack there. Also, Mornington had many horse aggistment paddocks, and me and me sisters used to get rides for free. I loved it; when race day came around, I used to go and look after the horses racing that day. I just love horses, they're beautiful creatures.'

'They (horse whinnies) certainly are. Back home I had a beautiful Australian Stock Horse named Burnu, which means 'a great warrior' in abbo lingo. He and I simply connected; it's hard to convince anyone that an animal and a human can fall in love with each other, but we were. Whenever I returned after being away for some time, he would happily rub his nose all over my chest. I swear we both had tears in our eyes. (Pausing to remember past good times) Anyway Scott, you do know where were going don't you; we've been riding for almost two hours now, and I can't see anything that looks like a billabong[1].'

They were traveling through the beautiful Northern Australian countryside, towards a billabong that Jason had recommended. Being away from any roads, it necessitated using horses. The day was perfect; lofty blue skies seemed to meld with a horizon partly obscured by heat haze. The silence was painful, and the clip-clop of their horse's hooves was the only sound they heard. Around them, were stunted gum trees, rocky outcrops, and the ever-present red earth, so common up here in the top end of Australia. Every so often kangaroos would be seen hoping through the bush; often a roo would stop and stare in their direction, before looping away in never-ending search for food.

Oh my lovely boy, today will be the day. All the fantasies I've had about your big dick buried deep inside me are gonna come about this day. I don't care if you hurt me, I don't care if you're rough, I don't care if you empty yourself inside me - I just want you, all of you.

'Don't (checking his compass) fret Mark, we have to watch for a low hill that . . . hey, look over there, that hillock, that's looks promising, it's low and I think I can see the tops of trees over it.'

They headed in that direction and soon came upon the hill. As they swung around it, the ground dropped away slowly, and a narrow passage appeared, forcing them to follow the gully to see where it led. Almost immediately, the horses picked up the scent of water and started to move faster. Giving the animals the lead they simply followed the gully until . . .

. . . it opened into the most beautiful sight the two men had ever seen.

Over eons of time, water emerging from the arterial basin, had created a depression about 30 feet deep and about 4000 square metres in all. Now, in the centre, stood a shallow pool of lime green water. At the other end, where the riders entered, water run-off had soddened the ground, allowing a multitude of wildflowers to bloom. The arterial water flowing created a cascade in the form of a small waterfall, and around this waterfall Gum trees grew, providing an umbrella of shade. Sand had accumulated on the fringes of the pool providing a beach-like atmosphere.

The whole scenario was beautiful. Mix the cerulean blue of the sky, the red soil of the cliffs, the pure white sand, the lime green of the pool, the green of the gum tress , the plethora of floral colours and you have a scene from paradise. It was indescribable.

'Oh wow; oh my god Scott this is just beautiful. How a place of such serene beauty can exist in the middle of such barrenness is beyond comprehension. Just look at that water, it's absolutely inviting; I can't wait to try it out. Ummm . . . do you think there are any nasties in there?'

'Nah, for one thing there's no food for creatures to feed off; there ain't any crocs for sure, because they'd be carcases lyin' around. No, Jason assures me the waters good to swim in; he gave me his word.'

The horses trod carefully through the carpet of flowers until they reached the sand surrounding the pool; there they both dismounted and allowed the horses to drink. Without a word they walked to the end of the pool under the shade of some trees and stripped - stripped completely. With carefree laughter they raced each other into the pool, and playfully splashed about. The water was delightful, not too warm and not too cold. Soon the antics diminished, and they moved towards each other with only one thought.

The ensuing kiss was passionate , seductive, and inviting.

'(Throaty) I want to feel you inside me today Scott. I know we've talked about this, but right now, right here, I really want it to happen. Let's go into the shade and you can have me . . . please.'

'You're sure Mark? I must confess to longing for me to fuck you. I can't do any more to show my love than leave my essence, my seed in your body. I promise I'll be gentle.'

They retrieved towels and lubrication from their kitbags and hurried over into the shade. Scott was painfully hard and leaking pre-cum profusely. Mark gently lowered himself onto his back and positioned himself so that Scott could arouse him with foreplay. With expert fingers, Scott soon had Mark begging for relief from this sexual torture; then, with practised timing, Scott lay on his back and encouraged Mark to sit on his erection. Slowly, taking his time, Mark took Scott fully inside him, and then began the ballet of love. In this position, they were able to maintain eye contact, and so witnessed the pleasure that each gave to the other.

It was a careful dance, an affectionate dance, a lustful dance - which came to a shattering conclusion.

Depleted, Mark separated and lay down beside Scott. For some time they just lay on their backs enjoying the afterglow of sex and their beautiful surroundings. The silence was profound. Scott turned over and propped himself on his elbow, so he could look at Mark. With loving familiarity he let his fingers stray over Mark's chest and groin.

'Did I hurt you lover, was I too big for you?'

'(Turning over to face Scott) Oh no, no, no. It was amazing; I was concerned at first because it was uncomfortable but soon the discomfort disappeared, and I savoured the feeling. It' s hard to describe, but I loved the sensation. (Just then a horse whinnied) You kept stroking something inside me that sent shivers through me. It was erotic, and every time you hit that spot, I could feel my climax looming. You made me orgasm without touching myself - you're a stud Scott.'

'(Laughing) not really, nature provided us males with a prostrate which when teased invokes gratification. I watched your face as you erupted and saw nothing but pleasure writ all over. That makes me feel real good; if I can pleasure you like that again, I'll be the happiest Corporal in this man's army.'

'(Sighing) and what about this location; I can honestly say that this is the most beautiful place I've ever been to. You'll have to thank Jason for me Scott, this place is a winner. I mean just look at the horses, they also sense that this billabong is magic; just look at them, they're so peaceful. My only regret is that I didn't bring a camera to keep the memory of this place permanent.'

'They'll be other times; and talking about time, we'll have to start heading back soon. The sun's definitely in the west which means we can't stay too long'

'Ok, let's eat, then a swim, and . . . no that can wait till after.

* * *

5.2

'Come in Jack, take a load off; how about some coffee?'

'Thanks Grant, that's affirmative - just black please.'

As Warrant Officer (WO) Grant Williams went out to arrange refreshments, Jack Reading had a look around the office. It was sparsely furnished with few photos or any other embellishments. Of course there was the obligatory Aussie flag on the left, a wide window facing the parade ground and, on the right, the emblem of the Australian Defence Forces. The over-riding smell was masculine - maybe a little overpowering. Surprisingly, the desk was bare except for a calendar. The walls were grey as was the carpet; perhaps an interrogation room would be more apt than office.

Grant returned with two cups of steaming coffee and placed one within Jack's reach. The room was drenched in a delicious coffee aroma that assaulted the senses.

'Ummm (taking a sip) boyo, where do you get this stuff? Our coffee tastes like shit; no matter what you put in it ya can't disguise the taste.'

'Yeah, I know what you mean; my wife buys it especially for me, but I let the staff drink it out of consideration to their ulcers.'

'And I guess Grant, they enjoy it so much it motivates them work-wise eh?'

'C'mon jack, you know I couldn't be so sneaky. Now I asked you here as a follow up to my meeting with WO Bart Madden . . .

' . . . he's a big boy isn't he. Woe betide anyone who gets on the wrong side of him. If he challenged me, I'd be scared shitless.'

' . . . yeah, he's one mean machine. You know Jack in this job you really come across the dregs of humanity. A lot of guys - and girls for that matter - join the army as an outlet to their aggression, and sometimes they get out of hand . . . especially if theys been drinking. (Pause) Now where was I? (taking a sip of coffee) Ok, he filled me in on the case so far, and it's not good from our point of view. First, there's virtually no evidence (Jack went to interrupt) . . . no, let me finish, except the latest victim whispering about an Aussie. We don't know what this means; it could have a perfectly innocent connotation, or it could be significant. What we do know is that this cretin hates US gays. At least that's his MO[2] so far; as the aussie reference is the only lead we've got, we have to run with that until something else comes about. What's your read?'

'(Jack downed some coffee before answering) Yeah I follow, and I agree with you; we have to start on the assumption that it's one of our guys. What I don't understand is the protocol involved. If it is an Aussie then who has jurisdiction over the matter?'

'The short answer is - us. But we agreed that there would be dual responsibility for the investigation. Bart has no problem with this except to ensure that justice is done, the perp apprehended, and appropriately punished. Also the Darwin detectives are keen to take over the case, but they won't be successful; it's just politics. I'll let my superiors fight that battle and unless I'm taken off the case, I'll proceed with haste. (Pause) Of course (playing with his mug) if the death penalty is not an option, I'll make sure the bastard is put away not only for life, but life with hard labour. I don't know what your feelings are about gays in the services, but I say a crime is a crime and there aren't any exceptions.'

'Yep I totally agree with you; I can still remember times when even coppers went 'gay-bashing' for fun. No offence Grant, but I've heard some awful stories.'

'None taken Jack; I could tell you stuff that the public don't know about - creepy stuff. But thankfully that's all in the past; I reckon coppers and gays have a good relationship these days; one of my best mates came out and told me he's gay. Made me really think. I mean it's said that about 10% of guys are gay but I reckon that's gonna go a lot higher if you count those that are, for personal reasons, still in the closet.'

'So how's this gonna work in practice?'

‘We agreed that we'd both would pursue any leads that came about, on the understanding that we'll share our findings. I think that's a good compromise, don't you?'

'Works with me. Now what's our next . . . '

Jack stopped, as after knocking loudly on Grant's door, a corporal came bustling into the office.

'Excuse me sir but this (handing Grant a telex page) just came in and I reckoned you should see it right away.'

Grant started to read, and his complexion changed from normal to white; clearly he had just received a shock. Silently he handed the message over to Jack who read,

FROM: US MILITARY POLICE DARWIN

TO: MILITARY COMMAND LARRAKEYAH BARRACKS, DARWIN

ATTENTION WARRANT OFFICER GRANT WILLIAMS

BODY OF US SERVICEMAN FOUND SEVERELY BASHED IN PARK STOP DECEASED HAD AUST ARMY TUNIC BUTTON IN HAND STOP WILL ADVISE FURTHER

(SGD) WARRANT OFFICER BART MADDEN

Jack just starred at the missive, trying to come to terms with the contents. Finally,

'Another one, another body, and what's this about a tunic button. How do they know it's from an Aussie tunic?'

'I don't know Jack, this is getting real serious. Up till now I've not involved my superiors in details, but this should be communicated up to Divisional level. There will be political implications. I take your point about the button; I'll get in touch with Bart personally, as well as pushing the whole matter up the chain. Shit man, I bet the Yanks are fuming; if there's any positive in this, it'll mean all resources will be made available. Please Jack, if you've got anything at all I can use, share with me. I'm floundering around in the dark. Anything Jack, anything?'

'(Sigh) I'm probably gonna regret saying this but a cove[3] called Corporal Bert Kreek comes to mind. I only know he's anti-gay and likes using his fists. That's all mate, that's all that comes to mind at this point. Should we follow this up?'

'Yes, let's bring him in for a talk - just a talk mind you; I've got to tread carefully. I doubt if the yanks will release this damned button, but I'll get a clear photo of it just to make sure it comes from one of our tunics.'

'Ummm, where do you want to interview Kreek, at my office or here?'

'Definitely here. If it's done at your company offices it'll start the rumour-mill going and I don't want that at all. Can you make a tentative time tomorrow say (looking at his calendar) at 10 in the morning? Just let me know if that's OK, and Jack, I want you at that meeting.'

* * *

5.3

'Thank you for coming in corporal, here take a seat; would you like something to drink - tea or Coffee?'

'Nah thanks, but a glass of water would be great; I'm a bit apprehensive being called into an MP's office. Can you give me a clue why I'm here?'

Nothing was said as Grant went to arrange refreshments.

'(Turning to Jack Reading) What about you Sarge, do you know why I'm here?'

'I'll let the WO fill you in, but I can say that you're not in any trouble (laughing) anyway, trouble that we know about. I suppose we've all got secrets, haven't we? Ahhh here's Grant, he'll explain why we're talking to you.'

'Here you are Corporal (placing a glass of water in front of Kreek). Naturally (returning to his desk) you're wondering why we've asked to see you (Kreek nodded) There seems to be a wave of bashings in a Darwin park that involve gay US servicemen. Have you heard about it?

'Yeah it was in the Darwin papers and there's been lively discussion in the messes, but why are you talking to me? Am I a suspect?'

'No, no not at all; of course in a serious matter such as this, just about everybody is a suspect until they're eliminated. No, the main reason you're here is to ask for your help. You've let it be known that you don't like gays in the military, and that's the only reason we're talking to you. Do you know of others who might share your viewpoint?'

'Yeah, Colonel Stamins for one; he validated my feelings when he gave that press conference. Beyond the colonel, there are quite a few soldiers that aren't happy with gays serving in our army. If I had to share a foxhole with a gay guy, I'd be more scared of him than the enemy. But to answer your question, yes I know of several enlisted guys who are anti-gay.'

'Would you co-operate and give us a list of who you believe are anti-gay? Also I'd like to know of anyone who doesn't like Americans.'

'(Carefully) Yeah I could do that, but I wouldn't like doing that. I mean I'm not a rat[4] and don't like dobbing in my fellow squaddies. If word got out that I was naming names, my life wouldn't be worthy a penny. I'll need your assurance that my name will be withheld.'

'Yes of course, I'll give that undertaking; you have my assurance that your role in this investigation will be withheld. (Grant swung his chair round to look out at the parade ground. After about 30 seconds he swung suddenly back to face Kreek) In order to rule you out as a suspect corporal, can you tell me where you were on the nights of (naming dates). You understand I have to do this to eliminate you from our enquiries. I'm sure you appreciate the necessity.'

'(Warily) Umm yes, I suppose. I'll have to think about it, but I'm sure I can do that. When do you want this?'

'As soon as you can please. Now you've been quite vocal in your hate of gay people, particularly gay men serving in the army. Care to elaborate.'

'(Cautiously ) Well they just disgust me! No, that's not quite right; I don't abhor them as persons, well I do, but it's more what they do. Men having sex with men, sticking cocks up arseholes, men kissing men; it makes me sick. And what about combat? If a queer sees an enemy that he fancies, he will want to make love not war; it could undermine discipline, cohesiveness, and lose the battle. Don't you agree (turning to Jack) Sergeant?'

'Nope, as far as the example you've just given, gay men and women are as dedicated soldiers as you and I are. Sorry to disagree.'

'Corporal, you have every right to like or dislike anybody, but where we draw the line (looking at Jack, who nodded) is persons like you mouthing off in public. Now, that's a morale issue, and we have to take action whenever this problem arises.'

'Is that what you hauled me in for - being anti-gay? If my own commanding officer sees fit to dislike gays serving in the Defence forces, that's good enough for me.'

'I'm glad we're having this chat Bert; you bring up some interesting points. How do you feel about Americans?'

'(Angrily) They're bullshit artists! They wail about the flag and their democracy, but it's all bullshit. (Raising his voice) They've got three major cancers eating through their society; Guns, God and Greed. It's a government of the rich, for the rich and by the rich. Poor people are just left to rot away and make do as best they can. No (passionately) I don't like Yanks; they didn't come into the First World War until every other country was exhausted and it took the Japs bombing Pearl Harbour to bring them into the Second World War. Then, unlike other embroiled countries who were basically bankrupt, they simply went on a manufacturing spree that made a few people filthy rich. Well, (intensely) you asked me, so there it is.'

'I'm not going to discuss what you've said, except to remind that those very Yanks that you despise, saved our country in 1942, and fought beside us all the way to Japan. Many a young Yankee serviceman gave his life so that we could enjoy the life we have today. Don't forget that. Now I have to ask you, why you feel so strongly about Americans? It wasn't what you said, but the way you spoke indicated to me, that you harbour a personal grudge against Americans.'

And that sir is something I'll never divulge to you or anybody. I'll never tell that my mother - the bitch - was raped by an American soldier. Well she called it rape, but the bitch was a nympho and would open her legs to anyone. I'm the result of some bastard Yank, who once he'd had his jollies, abandoned her and me.

'Wow (leaning forward and glaring at Grant) all of a sudden this conversation has turned into an interrogation. Are you cross-examining me Warrant officer? If you are, then I'd like to have my attorney with me.'

'(Sharply) that's your prerogative, but no, I'm not investigating you. (angrily) As of yesterday, three bodies of gay Yanks have been found dead. As you can imagine, we're under extreme pressure to find the culprit, or culprits, and I do not apologise for asking reasonable questions. You put yourself into the frame by your anti-gay and anti - American stance and I'll be asking the same questions of anyone else who I assess can ‘help with our enquiries'. Do you understand, Corporal?'

'(Sourly) yes, I do. Now can I be excused?'

'Only on the understanding that you'll provide me with a list of persons who share your attitude towards gay men and Americans, and your whereabouts on the dates I mentioned. I'd like that list by early tomorrow morning Corporal. OK?'

'(Glaring) and what if I don't have any names to give you?'

'Fair enough; but if I subsequently find you've intentionally left persons out, well then, you'll be very sorry.'

On this note Bert Kreek stormed out of Grant's office and slammed the door shut. In the silence both men looked at each other.

'What do you think Jack, any observations?'

'You know that all buttons attached to army tunics are affixed with khaki thread. (Grant nodded) well, our corporals second button from the top was sown with white thread.'

* * *

5.4

'Yeah, that button definitely comes from an Aussie tunic, Bart. I'd like to have a blown-up copy for my file if you wouldn't mind. You'll keep the item safe won't you? I think it's gonna be a significant piece of evidence.'

Grant Williams was sitting in Bart Madden's office in the American barracks. Like Military Police quarters anywhere, the room was sparse without any personal bits and pieces. The US flag dominated one corner, and on the wall behind Bart's desk, was the obligatory photo of the current President. However the walls were painted tasteful crème and the floor carpet was a rusty colour. A nice combination.

'I knew Sergeant Jack Reading was a stand-up guy when I first met him; spotting the different coloured thread was remarkable, and almost makes certain that this Corporal Bert Kreek is our man. Tell him well done for me. (Grant nodded) Look let's get outta here and we'll head for our officers mess which is better suited for a private conversation,. I can sign you in, because as MP's we have access to all army sites; as you know, us Yankees are horribly spoiled when it comes to food and drink. Pick up your stuff Grant and follow me.'

It was only a five-minute walk to the mess, which was in Grants eyes, luxurious. Thick carpeting, expensive drapes, conversation pits and a bistro counter that held many varieties of food. It was overwhelming.

'Geeze I heard you Yanks lived well, but this is paradise compared to our messes. I bet the food and drinks are costly.'

'Not really, but for you my friend it's on me, compliments of Uncle Sam. Now select what food and drink you want and we'll find a cosy spot to talk.'

Eventually they found a quiet corner and as Bart lowered his massive frame down, Grant sat opposite. They both sampled their drinks before speaking.

'I'm confident Grant that we've got our boy. We've certainly got motive in the way you tell me he hates gays and Yanks. Then the unsatisfactory explanation he gave you as to where he was at the time of the attacks, whilst not exact proof of opportunity, at least doesn't exonerate him. Then your description of him as a person who likes to resort to physical persuasion, put's the matter, in my mind, beyond a reasonable doubt. What say you?'

'Yes I agree. (leaning forward) I'm trying to find where he got the other tunic button from. If we can establish that he obtained a replacement then, to me the matter is beyond doubt. The trouble is, we don't have hard physical proof to go to trial. I'd love to get possession of the tunic with the replaced button, but that may be hard to come by. With the evidence we have, a smart lawyer will categorize the evidence as circumstantial. We've got our Guy, but can we put him in jail?'

'Yeah I know, (taking a sip of coffee) that's been running through my mind. The reason I wanted to have a quiet talk is that we may have to resort to other methods. Let me ask, is there any chance of obtaining a confession?'

'Nope, not a chance; he's a tough cookie. We could try harassment, but I don't know how far to go without getting ourselves in the shit. I gather you've had some experience in such matters.'

'Absolutely, sometimes our laws don't deliver justice and the villain gets off free. But we've been there and done this before. There is a little-known process called ‘Justifiable Sanction' that can be used in extreme cases. But there are rules, checks and balances, and a distinct timeline that has to be observed before we can call upon Justifiable Sanction. It's purely a US matter, and only used in the most extreme circumstances.'

'Can you give me an example of the process?'

'Sure, first there is an interview of which no record is taken. What we do is to explain the crime, in other words what happened, then go over motives, opportunities, and means.(playing with his coffee mug) After that we outline any physical evidence that puts the interviewee in the frame. They are then given an opportunity to confess; if they don't then the interview is terminated but stays open if at any time the culprit desires to confess. I won't go into what happens after the offender refuses to confess, except to say that at no time would physical harm occur resulting in death.'

'Wow, that's heavy!'

'Yeah, I know. In my 10 years of service as an MP, the process has only happened twice. In both cases it led to a full confession being made without any physical coercion. We do not invoke JS lightly.'

'OK, (pause) then what do I do now?'

'Keep the pressure on him; I'll give you some suggestions of how to do that. Of course, you may have some ideas yourself to add to our advices. Just keep in mind we want to enhance the law by getting a clean confession.

 

 

[1] A small pond often fed by artesian water or run-off from a creek

[2] Motis Operandi - the way a criminal operates.

[3] Aussie slang for guy, bloke

[4] Slang for a person who reports others

I don't believe 'Judicial Sanction' exists. Well I certainly hope it doesn't. I only introduced the concept as part of the story, which in itself is fiction.
Copyright © 2018 gsealbe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 15
  • Love 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

14 hours ago, quokka said:

“Abbo lingo” is not appropriate language, I suggest you change it...

 

14 hours ago, quokka said:

“Abbo lingo” is not appropriate language, I suggest you change it...

I'm using vernacular spoken language. This is not meant to be derogatory or discriminatory. The same principle applies to the term fagott, queer, poofter and such. It's simply how people talk. If I had to be politically correct my dialogue would lack veracity. Sorry if you're offended; it certainly wasn't meant to be offensive. 

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..