Jump to content
    intune
  • Author
  • 121 Words
  • 11,001 Views
  • 2 Comments
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Poems - 2. Speak

Free speech hits an all time low

When it's oldest advocates stop fighting the flow

Of conformity; because it's the easiest way

Conformity is just everywhere these days

When a single voice is ceased to be heard

An opinion is much more than just words

But a message that deserves to get out

That is what free speech is all about

Hearing a philosophy this is different from the norm

Or else it is difficult to decipher yourself from the swarm

Of that certain image they say you were born to fit

And you've got no choice but to go along with it

So lets stop this because before you know

Free speech will hit an all time low

Copyright © 2012 intune; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 2
Poetry posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I like this one. It encompasses what is happening these days. There have been a lot of talk about the restrictions and hinderances to free speech as we knew it.

I think you've poured out what you wanted to say, very well.

Link to comment
On 01/18/2012 03:43 AM, Michael9344 said:
I like this one. It encompasses what is happening these days. There have been a lot of talk about the restrictions and hinderances to free speech as we knew it.

I think you've poured out what you wanted to say, very well.

Free speech problems have always bothered me. I think it's sick that there are people who choose what's appropriate for us to hear. Anyways- glad you liked it. :D
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..