Jump to content
    intune
  • Author
  • 157 Words
  • 498 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Poems - 3. Jacki's November

November is breathing down my neck again;

so close is the loss of a good friend.

The destruction of the relationship built to end.

I can't stand the part I begged to play;

Of supportive friend, the one who smiles hopefully until you're gone again.

 

I'm supportive of the fact that everything

that's happening is the worst of things.

Who wouldn't place a bet?

It's the death of summer opposing the persistent will of us all.

It's the mourning of the caring soul,

the one who told us all to hold onto what we have.

The loss of a very best friend going slowly by.

 

I'm happy but only in this sense of

a messed up masquerade we all play.

In my world it's pouring because

the skies can sympathize.

they realize what it's like to give it everything you've got,

to win the game, but realize you had no fun.

Copyright © 2012 intune; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

On 01/18/2012 03:46 AM, Michael9344 said:
Comparing the death a dear friend to the passing of Summer is just... Epic.
Thanks for the review :)
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..