Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

2013 - Spring - A Night To Remember Entry

Lost in Venice - 1. Lost In Vencie

Thank you to Jammi and Mikie for helping me out with this smile.png
Big thanks for Mikie for giving me the title!

We have to choose by eight.

Why?

Because you’re the one who wants to save money.

Me?

No.

I was happy to book it next week.

But no.

Come on.

We have to make a choice at some point tonight babe.

Okay, I’ll change the page.

This sounds nice.

A dinner date in The Savoy Grill, followed by a romantic walk by the Thames.

Not your sort of thing?

Ah, you want une soiree inoubliable!

A walk around the Jardins du Trocadero and then walk to the top of the Eiffel tower?

Too bland?

Una noche para recorder, for you then?

Day in the sun in Alicante with the nightlife and the inevitable hot steamy sex afterwards…

Too active?

Will you make up your mind?

Ikimuistoninen…

No need to be so rude.

I was only making a suggestion.

We won’t buy tickets for there then.

Unvergessliche Nacht!

No I wasn’t swearing at you. I was speaking to you in German.

I know, all German sounds like swear words…

Okay.

Stop being snarky for goodness sake!

Do you want to go on this date or not?

Oooo! ночь, чтобы помнить!

I have it.

Walk around the Kremlin. You said you always liked big historical buildings.

Oh.

Too cold.

Okay.

Sigh.

Come on darling. Cheer up. We’ll find one we both like.

nezabudnuteľný večer!

You don’t even understand?

ARGH.

I thought you understood languages.

Okay. Breathe.

If we can’t find one soon, we can just stay home, yeah?

Okay.

Ooooo, you might like this one!

usiku kukumbuka.

Dance with the African tribes and visit friends we have there?

Too hot.

You’re just full of excuses.

yn noson i'w chofio.

Climb the hills and the valleys?

Oh.

You just don’t like my Welsh accent do you?

OH MY GOD

No.

You wouldn’t like it.

μια αξέχαστη βραδιά.

A day in the sun and a night out on the strip…

No.

I don’t even like that.

What?

Oh.

What’s going on?

Hey!!!!

You say you can’t deal with me right now.

Great.

You push me out of the front door.

I turn to open it…

Oh.

You locked me out of the apartment.

Wonderful.

 

 

I FREAKING HAVE IT

I shout so loud you can hear me from the bedroom.

una notte da ricordare.

Wander along the passageways,

Dream where the great dreamers once stood.

We come across a gondola.

I hold your hand and help you step down.

You look at me and you smile.

I tell you I love you and that everything will be alright.

You can trust me.

We become lost and I serenade you under the moon lit sky…

Come; let us see where the waters take us…

 

You open the door and look at me.

Oh you like that?

 

Mi disipace!

They just run out of tickets for that one.

 

It’s five past eight.

“A Night To Remember” – In order of use.
French
Spanish
Finnish
German
Russian
Greek
Italian
‘Mi dispiace’ – I’m sorry in Italian
Copyright © 2013 Johnathan Colourfield; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 4
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

2013 - Spring - A Night To Remember Entry
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Great to see you enjoying yourself playing with languages. A strong idea to begin with, which you pull off (if I'm allowed to say that!) very neatly. Thanks for sharing. :)

Link to comment

I like your experimental pieces. They are always so different and refreshing. Very interesting take on the theme. Thank you.

Link to comment
On 03/15/2013 05:33 AM, carringtonrj said:
Great to see you enjoying yourself playing with languages. A strong idea to begin with, which you pull off (if I'm allowed to say that!) very neatly. Thanks for sharing. :)
Glad that i pulled it off :D Thanks for your review :)
Link to comment
On 03/15/2013 05:58 AM, Dolores Esteban said:
I like your experimental pieces. They are always so different and refreshing. Very interesting take on the theme. Thank you.
Thank you very much Dolores :) Your reviews are always so nice :)
Link to comment

Well that was erm...... interesting. A lesson in languages? Although don't ask me to pronounce some of that stuff. Jeeeeesh, or read it for that matter :P

LOL

So did it lead to a night to remember? I thought there were a couple of good ideas in that list. :)

Link to comment
On 03/15/2013 11:58 AM, Yettie One said:
Well that was erm...... interesting. A lesson in languages? Although don't ask me to pronounce some of that stuff. Jeeeeesh, or read it for that matter :P

LOL

So did it lead to a night to remember? I thought there were a couple of good ideas in that list. :)

Well I was inspired by google translating letters in Italian from the bf so I just turned that inspiration into a story :) glad you found it interesting :) thanks for reading :)
Link to comment

Hmm. So a little traveling around the world. Interesting take on the topic Johnathan. Really enjoyed it.

Link to comment
On 03/15/2013 05:42 PM, comicfan said:
Hmm. So a little traveling around the world. Interesting take on the topic Johnathan. Really enjoyed it.
Glad you enjoyed it Wayne! :D
Link to comment

Ohhh this was clever! I love the use of "A night to remember" in the different languages. I caught on to it right away ;) Great job JC. I've noticed some of your other works share a high level of quality as well.

Link to comment
On 03/16/2013 05:57 PM, Luc Rosen said:
Ohhh this was clever! I love the use of "A night to remember" in the different languages. I caught on to it right away ;) Great job JC. I've noticed some of your other works share a high level of quality as well.
Hehe awww thanks Fishie! :) Glad you noticed :P :$ thanks for the compliment :$
Link to comment
On 03/16/2013 06:37 PM, lilansui said:
What a trip around the world. I loved it, this was a great interpretation of the theme. :)
hehe thanks for the compliment :) glad you loved it :D
Link to comment
On 03/18/2013 03:51 AM, K.C. said:
How cute. I'm rusty on a few languages, but it was still a lot of fun! :thumbup:
Google translate is your friend KC :P Google translate is your friend ;) thanks for the review :D
Link to comment

I didn't get it at first. I had to read it twice to understand it, and I still don't get some of it! It was real fun to read, anyway:).

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..