Jump to content
    Jwolf
  • Author
  • 2,577 Words
  • 5,760 Views
  • 33 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Nowhere Man - 15. Chapter 15: Follow That Nowhere Man

Here's the last chapter. Hope you enjoy :) This contains graphic depictions of gay sex. Continue at your own discretion.

“Are you sure you don’t want me to come,” Davis asked from the driver’s seat of the squad car, parked at the top of the trail that sloped in a semi-circle around the park.

“Yes,” I replied, unsure at all. Why was I putting myself through this torture? 24 hours before, Davis had given me a choice: to walk away from it all and trust him. To allow him to protect and take care of me. But I couldn’t just throw it all away like that.

You can stay here as long as you need to feel comfortable,” Davis had said the night before, his arms wrapped tightly around me. I was safe in his arms. Protected.

“I can’t put you out like that.”

“It’s no put-out, trust me. I’m enjoying this as much as you are.”

And then he proceeded to enjoy me. Slowly at first, determining just how much my fragile psyche could take. He had no clue what lay past the surface, beneath the visible demons I was fighting. There were more, I assured him. Demons that started way back when my father died and did nothing to stop himself.

The first time he came, it was slow. The intimacy lasted a long time, and for the first time in my life, I felt like a guy was communicating to me through his body. It was different than Tyler and Wade. It was special.

The second time, we came together. He lay on top of me, slowly grinding his night stick into me. He maintained eye contact so intense, it read my every thought. At first it scared me, being so close to him. But eventually, it showed me that there was life outside of my living nightmare.

Protect love at any cost.

After wrestling Davis all night and my own decisions all morning, I decided to go through with it.

“Okay,” Davis said as I stepped out of the car. “If he’s there, you say your goodbyes, signal me, and I’ll come make the arrest.”

It was that simple for Detective Davis, the no-nonsense type-A counterpart to bedroom Davis, the passionate, giving Davis. Detective Davis had an exploratory committee on its way to a lake three hours from Easton to exhume a buried body. The body had Tyler’s murderous finger prints all over it. That body was going to put him in jail for a long time.

I walked into the trailer hoping that I was wrong about Tyler, and that he had left me. It would have spared me the confrontation I desperately dreaded, but needed.

Need a light?

I knew if I didn’t face him once and for all, his memory would nag and drive me insane. This was a necessary part of the journey with the nowhere man.

The house was still and empty. Regardless of the high noon sun beating outside, the trailer still carried an overcast grey hue.

I walked straight to the bedroom and found him sitting shirtless, hunched on the mattress, clicking his lighter on and off. His jeans were mud tracked. He smiled at me and his eyes glistened through the blood shot when I appeared.

“I knew you’d be back,” he said, his voice low and calm. “How’d you know I’d be here?”

“I just knew,” I replied. There was no other way to explain it. I had a connection to him. The force that had kept me there for so long had drawn me to where I knew I would find him.

“How’s your cop friend?”

“How’s Wade?” Tyler sniffed in and his face twitched for a split-second. He smiled.

“I told you I’d take care of Wade,” he said, his voice gritty. Sexy.

“Tell me everything,” I said, fighting every urge to sit down next to him. Tyler was dangerous, and that was the fact of the matter. I had no clue what he had up his sleeves, but to get close to him would have drawn me in further. I couldn’t let that happen.

“What do you wanna know?” He glared at me.

“Everything. From the beginning.”

He hesitated. He licked his bottom lip, assessing just how much to tell me. He sensed that I was there to end everything forever. He could tell me everything, and it wouldn’t matter.

“Sit down.”

“I’ll stand.”

His smile grew.

He let out a slight chuckle and stood and walked towards me.

I fought the urge to run outside and call for Davis.

I had to do this.

With his skinny frame, Tyler approached me confidently and grabbed my hand. I resisted, causing him to pull me harder.

Moving faster than I’d ever seen him move, he side stepped me, pulled the gun out of its stash in the small of my back, and turned it on me. All before I could react.

I breathed in, feeling the cold, hard medal of a piston barrel pressed hard on my neck.

“Don’t you wanna sit down now?” he asked in a low voice. I fought back a tear and slowly crossed to the bed. A minute and several beads of sweat later, Tyler crawled on top of me, holding our hands together above our heads. The gun lay a centimeter away from our hands. As skinny as Tyler was, he completely overpowered me.

I was alive at his mercy, and we both knew it.

“The beginning,” he whispered into my ear, pressing down on my torso, deliberately muffling the sound of the wire that was taped to my stomach. It was obstructed just enough that Davis could hear someone was talking, but the machine couldn’t register any words to record.

“The beginning,” he repeated; his gaze bore into me. “I started having these feelings for a friend of mine, Trav. I was a happily married man one day, trying to get his wife pregnant. And then a friend of mine and I start getting close, and I’m feeling things I’ve never felt for a guy before. Sound familiar?”

It did. It sounded like me being 16 and not knowing what was wrong with me. It sounded like me wanting to fuck my best friend, my brother, my baseball coach. Any man I could get close to. It sounded like me at 20 making trips to the flats to experience the touch of an anonymous man, just to feel loved by someone. It did sound familiar.

I needed a light.

“One day, I went over to my friend’s house and I told him I was losing interest in my beautiful wife and that she wasn’t happy. I wasn’t happy. And I told him I knew why. And I leaned over and I kissed him. And instead of beating the shit out of me like I thought he would, and sending me home to Les like he should have, this buddy of mine kissed me back, Trav.”

Tyler smiled at the memory, closing his eyes to stop a tear. When he opened his eyes again, I saw the remnants of a look he had once given to me. Love.

“And so we started. Any chance we got. Fishing trips to the lake. Any chance his circuit was in town or he could get away for a night. My wife would work double shifts at the hospital and we’d fuck at my place. All the time, like school boys who could never get enough.

“And then one day, she came home before she was supposed to. Cut her hand on something at work and they sent her home. And she walked and saw my friend on top of me, riding my dick like he loved doing so much. And I didn’t know she was there until I heard the gun shot, and Wade fell down next to me, bleeding from the ear. And I looked up, and she was standing there crying, ready to go and tell everyone I knew that I was a faggot who’d got caught fucking his boyfriend in the ass on a sunny afternoon.

“I snapped, Trav. I jumped out of that bed, wrestled her down, and before she could fire another round, five shots went straight into her chest.”

The clarity with which he told the story should have alarmed me. Two deaths in one night, both because of him, and not an ounce of remorse.

“I left Wade there and I took Leslie’s body. I buried it by the lake I showed you, because I felt she deserved that. She always thought that place was beautiful, and ours, and she had no clue that I’d been there a dozen times with a man named Wade. And then I drifted. For the longest time, I doubted that I could be happy again. It just didn’t seem right to try.

“And then Wade came back. I thought he had died, but he hadn’t, that sneaky fucker. He passed out and stayed there; lucky bastard avoided being shot again. We tried to make it work with the two of us, but it was different. Things weren’t the same without the risk and the excitement, and at one point, I couldn’t even touch him without feeling awful. It was ‘cause of him that Les was dead, and my brain couldn’t separate it.

“So I left Wade and moved to Easton and I met you.”

Need a light?

“You were different than anyone. It was like you got me from that first night we sat around and sang stupid songs to each other. How’d it go? Follow that nowhere man, follow him where he goes…”

“Follow him where he leads,” I sang softly. “Follow him down that path, he won’t lead you astray, he’ll take care o’ your needs.”

We sang the last part in harmony, and I felt something I didn’t expect to feel. As Tyler pressed down on me, I felt his piston pumper get a little stiffer between us. He bucked around to reposition himself, and then returned his weight to me.

“And that second night, when I remembered what it felt like to be intimate with someone again, it was almost too much to handle, Trav. I’d put that part of it away for myself. Suppressed it. And every experience with you was rediscovering what I had with Wade the first time around.

“And then I saw you talking to him at that bar, and I knew he was trying to get at me. He made it clear that he would try, and I made it clear that I was done. That’s why I took you away.”

“You kidnapped me,” I said suddenly.

“You wanted to come. You were so desperate to find someone who cared about you; who could reciprocate that human touch. The love you never got from your father.” He stopped mid-breath and opened his eyes wide.

“You read them?” I asked, not expecting an answer. It was clear.

He shrugged. “I had no idea that Wade would get more aggressive and that you… how was I supposed to know that you would kill him?”

“I did that for us,” I defended. It didn’t matter anymore. I was on my way out. Tyler gritted his teeth, took a deep breath, and pushed down on me harder. His body weight restricted my breathing. I could have pushed him off if I’d tried. He was strong, but I had him on sheer size alone. In a minute, I would push him off. I still had one more question.

“Did you love me at all?” I asked softly.

“What kind of question is that?”

“As soon as you found out that Wade was dead, you jumped on his side, Tyler. How was supposed to feel about that?”

“You try losin’ someone you love twice and tell me how you feel.”

He was right. Maybe I had made a mistake. Killing Wade had been a mistake. Calling Davis had been a mistake. Maybe I should have trusted Tyler and stayed with him. Listened to him. Followed him.

Follow that nowhere man.

At that point, however, there was no turning back. I’d made my bed, and Tyler was crushed me into it.

The pressure increased on my stomach, making it hard for me to catch a breath. By the time I realized that Tyler’s elbow was crushing my neck, my head was already aching and my eyes were already bulging.

“Follow that nowhere man, follow him where he goes, follow him where he leads,” he hummed as my mind flew a million miles above us. I watched the scene out of body, floating above Tyler’s naked back. I felt like my soul had already escaped my body and was watching the last remnant of this nowhere man strangle the life out of me.

I closed my eyes just before my mind went blank. I focused on making everything around me black. I tried my hardest to force my body to go limp under him. A second later, Tyler released the pressure on my neck. I kept my eyes closed, not too tightly, but tight enough. I pictured him looking down on me, examining his handwork and being proud of himself. Violence was the only language Tyler spoke, and he’d said volumes to me just then.

I knew I had a split second from the time his body rose off of me to when he would discover I was still breathing. I felt him lift up slowly, and mustering every ounce of adrenaline in my body, I extended my hand a centimeter, grasped the piston, straightened and fired.

Tyler’s gasp echoed throughout the room, creating the loudest silence I’d ever heard. I fired a second shot into his chest and he collapsed on top of me, soaking through my clothes with gallons of blood.

I pushed him off just as Davis sprang into the room, gun drawn, and in perfect stance.

“Travis,” he whispered quietly. I pushed Tyler off of me with a grunt. The two shots to his torso had caused more blood than I’d ever imagined him to have to seep out slowly. Vibrant crimson. It looked like he was covered in a million rose petals.

“What happened?” Davis asked, standing before me.

“He tried to kill me.”

“Where’d you get the gun?”

“Your drawer this morning.”

“Travis,” Davis said, disappointed.

“I’m sorry.” It was the only confession Davis needed to hear.

“You know what I have to do, right?” he asked. He returned his gun to his holster. I stood up and turned away from him, placing my hands behind my back. He took a deep breath, grabbed my hands, and drew me close to him. “It was self defense, all the way. He had the gun, you wrestled it out of him, and two shots went off, okay?”

“He tried to kill me.”

“I know babe,” he said. “I know.” Davis took in a deep breath.

“You have the right to remain silent.”

       

I've had a great time writing this series, my first attempt at something suspenseful. I hope you enjoy.

A special thanks to Louis for his help, and to everyone who read and commented on this little baby.

As always, feedback is greatly appreciated.

Join the discussion here: http://www.gayauthors.org/forums/topic/31672-nowhere-man/

Copyright © 2011 Jwolf; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 12
  • Love 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments



:o :o

OMG! I didnt see THAT coming! NEVER!!!

But... i do think it's the perfect ending!

WOW!

:worship:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 06/07/2011 07:07 AM, Frostina said:
:o :o

OMG! I didnt see THAT coming! NEVER!!!

But... i do think it's the perfect ending!

WOW!

:worship:

Thank you, love. I appreciate that.
  • Like 1
Link to comment

TOTALLY AWESOME!!!

 

It was SO the right ending. Loose ends nicely tied and the right person with the right person.

 

What a roller coaster ride. :worship:

  • Like 1
Link to comment

OOHHH Great finish!! I didnt see that coming either. Well done.I love this story

  • Like 1
Link to comment

No, no, no Jonothan!!!!! Is that it???????? It's not over, is it????????????? Omg, Travisssssssssssssssss; what's gonna happen to him? Davis'll get him off, right (no, not that way, you perv! lol). I mean it was self-defense, although the second shot may not have been....hahah

 

Oh man, I'm gonna miss Travis, ok, maybe Tyler too, just a wee bit. I think I'll definitely miss Davis; I really liked him and he treated Travis so nicely. They would have been great together. Now Travis is just gonna become someone's bitch in jail.

 

What an awesome ride this has been; sort of like a roller coaster ride, like I've been on Magic Mountain for all these weeks and just got off. (no, not that way again you perv! haha)

 

Hey, maybe you'll do a sequel: Nowhere Boy Doin' Jail Time.....

 

Well, at least I have Coop and Chase and Spencer to keep me busy now.....(sniff, sniff)

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Wow! (bet you will see a lot of that word.) It was great! It ended in a trailor... how fitting. Thanks for the ride-along nowhere man.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 06/07/2011 09:37 AM, sojourn said:
Wow! (bet you will see a lot of that word.) It was great! It ended in a trailor... how fitting. Thanks for the ride-along nowhere man.
Thank you for reading along. I appreciate the kind words :)
  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 06/07/2011 09:37 AM, Lisa said:
No, no, no Jonothan!!!!! Is that it???????? It's not over, is it????????????? Omg, Travisssssssssssssssss; what's gonna happen to him? Davis'll get him off, right (no, not that way, you perv! lol). I mean it was self-defense, although the second shot may not have been....hahah

 

Oh man, I'm gonna miss Travis, ok, maybe Tyler too, just a wee bit. I think I'll definitely miss Davis; I really liked him and he treated Travis so nicely. They would have been great together. Now Travis is just gonna become someone's bitch in jail.

 

What an awesome ride this has been; sort of like a roller coaster ride, like I've been on Magic Mountain for all these weeks and just got off. (no, not that way again you perv! haha)

 

Hey, maybe you'll do a sequel: Nowhere Boy Doin' Jail Time.....

 

Well, at least I have Coop and Chase and Spencer to keep me busy now.....(sniff, sniff)

I was actually thinking about sequel this morning in the shower. No joke, I'm considering it! Stay tuned, you never know...
  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 06/07/2011 09:23 AM, Breeze said:
OOHHH Great finish!! I didnt see that coming either. Well done.I love this story
Thanks so much, Breeze. Glad you enjoyed the wrap up.
  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 06/07/2011 09:20 AM, Nephylim said:
TOTALLY AWESOME!!!

 

It was SO the right ending. Loose ends nicely tied and the right person with the right person.

 

What a roller coaster ride. :worship:

Thank you so much, Nephy. I know I scared you there for a little, but I'm glad you enjoyed the ending!
  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 06/07/2011 12:58 PM, Foster said:
Really enjoyed your story.
Thank you so much.
  • Like 1
Link to comment

Wow!!!! Ok, so there was a method to Tyler's madness after all. and he did love Trav but i guess first love is hard to lose. I can understand where Tye was coming from but given that Trav didn't know the story what he did was the right thing for him.. I hope things work out with him and Davis... sigh.. Sad very sad.. i really liked Tyler.. mad.gif.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 06/08/2011 01:18 AM, jazziebabe said:
Wow!!!! Ok, so there was a method to Tyler's madness after all. and he did love Trav but i guess first love is hard to lose. I can understand where Tye was coming from but given that Trav didn't know the story what he did was the right thing for him.. I hope things work out with him and Davis... sigh.. Sad very sad.. i really liked Tyler.. mad.gif.
There's nothing simple about love. Especially for these guys. Glad you enjoyed it.
  • Like 1
Link to comment

Not exactly how I expected it to end, but you could feel something coming. One of them had to end up dead - or both. The ending was perfect - will he beat the rap? will he go down? Will he hang for the murder? Will Davis - Stand by his man? And yet, the story is complete.

 

Nicely done JW - really well done.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 06/08/2011 05:41 AM, Andrew_Q_Gordon said:
Not exactly how I expected it to end, but you could feel something coming. One of them had to end up dead - or both. The ending was perfect - will he beat the rap? will he go down? Will he hang for the murder? Will Davis - Stand by his man? And yet, the story is complete.

 

Nicely done JW - really well done.

Thank you so much.
  • Like 1
Link to comment

Dang...just read the whole thing today and it was good! Love what I have read so far of yours.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 07/15/2011 11:10 AM, peethree said:
Dang...just read the whole thing today and it was good! Love what I have read so far of yours.
Thanks so much! I'm really glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for the comment.
  • Like 1
Link to comment

OK, this was interesting and a little weird to read. And I don´t know exactly what to think after I´ve just finished it a couple of minutes ago.

 

I´ll start like this: I like your way of writing, your style is a little rough (I have a better word for it in my own language but can´t find the English one or a suitable translation for it) and quite a bit humorous, the metaphors you use and your way of naming things, well it´s fun to read ... although the story itself is of a more serious kind.

 

You take off with social realism, then continues with a "Stockholm syndrome"-kind of love story, which later turns to something almost like partners in crime, because I got the feeling Tyler had Travis set up when Wade came over to the trailer (only I was proved wrong when Tyler came back) and even after the last line in chapter 15 I´m not entirely sure what to think. Many questions remains. What will happen to Travis? He is clearly an emotionally damaged person and he must have been that even before he met Tyler, and his encounter with Tyler sure hasn´t made anything better for him. And how will he continue his life, with the life of two people on his conscience? And what with Tyler, what made him what he is(was, considering his dead now)?

 

But I liked the story. I liked that it didn´t have a happy end, that the characters were emotionally damaged and engaged in a number of unhealthy relationships, and I liked that it wasnt´clear until the very end where this story went.

 

And when I started this review with the words interesting and weird I never meant it in a negative way, the contrary actually. I´ve been reading romance with HEA for a long time and this was a nice change.

 

Keep up the good writing.

 

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 09/07/2011 04:14 AM, sorgbarn said:
OK, this was interesting and a little weird to read. And I don´t know exactly what to think after I´ve just finished it a couple of minutes ago.

 

I´ll start like this: I like your way of writing, your style is a little rough (I have a better word for it in my own language but can´t find the English one or a suitable translation for it) and quite a bit humorous, the metaphors you use and your way of naming things, well it´s fun to read ... although the story itself is of a more serious kind.

 

You take off with social realism, then continues with a "Stockholm syndrome"-kind of love story, which later turns to something almost like partners in crime, because I got the feeling Tyler had Travis set up when Wade came over to the trailer (only I was proved wrong when Tyler came back) and even after the last line in chapter 15 I´m not entirely sure what to think. Many questions remains. What will happen to Travis? He is clearly an emotionally damaged person and he must have been that even before he met Tyler, and his encounter with Tyler sure hasn´t made anything better for him. And how will he continue his life, with the life of two people on his conscience? And what with Tyler, what made him what he is(was, considering his dead now)?

 

But I liked the story. I liked that it didn´t have a happy end, that the characters were emotionally damaged and engaged in a number of unhealthy relationships, and I liked that it wasnt´clear until the very end where this story went.

 

And when I started this review with the words interesting and weird I never meant it in a negative way, the contrary actually. I´ve been reading romance with HEA for a long time and this was a nice change.

 

Keep up the good writing.

 

 

Wow, thank you sorgbarn. I'll weird and interesting as a compliment. I appreciate you reading the story and taking the time to review. I've never been god at HEA myself, so I'm glad you liked it :)
  • Like 1
Link to comment

Okay ass hat, this entire story was about Tyler killing his wife, and because he couldn't be honest, he got himself killed only because a letter Trav's dad wrote him...?!? Grr.... I hate you some times :P I loved the story though. Didn't even take a bio break while reading it :P

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 08/22/2012 06:50 PM, Houdinii said:
Okay ass hat, this entire story was about Tyler killing his wife, and because he couldn't be honest, he got himself killed only because a letter Trav's dad wrote him...?!? Grr.... I hate you some times :P I loved the story though. Didn't even take a bio break while reading it :P
Haha. Glad you enjoyed the story. It was another weekly series, so I wasn't sure how it held up to be read in one sitting... I guess it wasn't too shabby.
  • Like 1
Link to comment

This may make me crazy and slightly off kilter but I feel sorry for Tyler. If I read the story correct then killing his wife sounded like self defense. She had the shot gun. She shot the 'clown' and turned towards Tyler. What the hell do ya suspect he would do? Trav is the one who killed the 'clown'. Its all messed up. Ugh

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 09/26/2012 10:52 AM, CW Prince said:
This may make me crazy and slightly off kilter but I feel sorry for Tyler. If I read the story correct then killing his wife sounded like self defense. She had the shot gun. She shot the 'clown' and turned towards Tyler. What the hell do ya suspect he would do? Trav is the one who killed the 'clown'. Its all messed up. Ugh
Hey! I see you're hopping down my list of works... I love it. I'd have to retread portions of this story to tell you for sure, but I'm not sure if Tyler's wife had a gun. I think he just went on a rampage. I could be wrong on the details, but you're totally right. A messed up tale all around.
  • Like 1
Link to comment

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..