Jump to content
    K.C.
  • Author
  • 1,979 Words
  • 5,666 Views
  • 39 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Shepherd's Crook - 19. Chapter 19

Gibby dropped his satchel onto his bed as he quickly walked across his bedroom to place his ipod into the docking station and turned some music on. He’d gotten used to the music in the background. It also helped to drown out the sound of voices coming from his bedroom.

Glancing around the empty room, Gibby chewed on his lower lip waiting for Tanner to suddenly pop in and scare him like the normally did. Two minutes stretched to five, then turned to ten; before he knew it, Gibby was nervously pacing the floor wondering if Tanner would ever arrive.

“Don’t tell me that you’re the jealous type,” Gibby muttered under his breath.

“Who’s the jealous type?” Jonathan asked from the doorway. The unexpected voice had Gibby letting out a yelp as he whirled around to face his father. He had been so preoccupied with waiting on Tanner that he never noticed his dad leaning his shoulder against the doorframe.

“Dad!” Gibby shouted at his father.

Shrugging his shoulders and faking a look of innocence, Jonathan smiled at Gibby’s embarrassment. “What?” Jonathan couldn’t hide his smile. “Who are you talking about? Are you dating someone…someone who’s the jealous type?” He asked again arching a dark eyebrow.

“I am sooo not having this conversation with you.” Crossing his arms over his chest with a huff, Gibby brought an even bigger smile to Jonathan’s face. “Stop it! It’s not funny.”

“And I’m not laughing. I just want you to know that you can tell me anything, you know that, right?” Jonathan watched Gibby slowly nod his head.

“I know,” Gibby’s voice was barely a whisper, “But…” Some things were too awkward to talk to his father about and how could he even start a conversation about Tanner, anyways? Gibby closed his eyes and took a deep breath. No, that wasn’t going to happen. He couldn’t tell Jonathan about this. Gibby forced a smile to reassure his dad.

Jonathan watched his son for another second before turning to leave. “Okay, I won’t press. I just wanted to tell you that I’m turning in early. I had a busy day today, so don’t stay up too late and don’t turn the music up too loud.”

Gibby promised Jonathan that he wouldn’t do either, as his dad headed back downstairs. “Goodnight,” Gibby called out towards the sound of his retreating footsteps, disappearing down the wooden steps.

“Scott Becker of all people?” Tanner growled behind Gibby.

Rolling his brown eyes before turning to face the angry ghost, Gibby let out a long frustrated sigh. “It’s not what you think--”

“Really, Gibby?” Tanner snapped with a flash of red tinting his blue eyes. “Then why have all the secrecy around your little conversation with him? Hmmm? Why didn’t you just tell me that you liked someone else this whole time?” Tanner stood with his arms folded across his chest with his foot tapping on the floor. His body pulsed between a solid form and a shimmery white mist.

“Look babe, you need to calm down. You can’t focus--”

“You’re damn right I can’t focus when the guy I’m in love with, is off canoodling with some jerk.” Tanner shouted. Gibby was thankful that Jonathan wouldn’t be able to hear Tanner’s angry outburst.

“You love me?” Gibby suddenly smiled like an idiot.

“Yes!” Tanner’s voice dropped below a whisper, but Gibby still heard his confession. Stepping closer, Gibby reached out and stroked Tanner’s cheek. The ghost boy’s blue eyes darted nervously to the floor and the muscles flexed in his jaw.

“Look at me,” Gibby commanded. “I’m not interested in Scott Becker.”

Tanner glanced up at him as Gibby continued to feather his touch from Tanner’s cheek to his jaw, easing the tension before tipping his chin up for their lips to be so close, yet separated only a breath away. Gibby pressed their hips together as he inched forward, bringing a moan from deep inside Tanner.

“I love you too,” Gibby whispered before the tip of his tongue caressed Tanner’s bottom lip as it quivered, bringing a sexy shiver that made Gibby gasp for air.

Grabbing at the back of Gibby’s head, Tanner crushed their mouths together. His fingers threaded through Gibby’s hair as he eagerly opened up to deepen the connection. Teeth scraped flesh; their tongues danced making them dizzy.

Tanner broke their contact first. He pressed his forehead to Gibby’s and panted for air. “Then what did he want? What did Scott have to say to you that he couldn’t say in public?”

Gibby sighed. His face flushed red, “It’s embarrassing.”

A chilly breeze blew through the room. The windows and doors were all closed. The icy currents were radiating from Tanner. “Did you go out with him?” He asked widening the space between them.

Shaking his head, Gibby blew out a frustrated breath, “No, Scott wanted to apologize for causing a scene in the restaurant the first time I went there,” Gibby trembled as he recalled the customers’ reactions at the sight of his injuries. “I made the mistake of taking off my jacket in the restaurant…”

Tanner glanced down at Gibby’s bare arms. His eyes roamed the same skin that those people would have seen. “He freaked out over your burns?”

Gibby slowly nodded his head. “But it wasn’t just Scott, there were others there too. I know my scars make people uncomfortable, but the customers got really upset and this one old lady started screaming.”

“Assholes,” Tanner growled under his breath. “What’s wrong with those people?”

“It’s okay--”

“No it’s not!” The feel of Tanner’s fingers brushing over the rippled scars on Gibby’s exposed skin felt good. Gibby leaned into the touch. “You are the most beautiful person I’ve ever met.”

Tanner’s words made Gibby gasp. For the first time since the fire, he felt sexy and desired. His heart raced as the ghost boy’s fingers continued to trace over his skin until they laced through his fingers, holding hands, Tanner slowly led Gibby towards the bed.

“I want to experience everything with you,” Tanner said as he stared into Gibby’s soft brown eyes. Reaching for the hem of Gibby’s shirt, Tanner lifted the fabric up over his head as he started pulling off his clothes. Gibby watched Tanner undress him. First Gibby’s shirt, then his jeans, within moments he was standing naked while Tanner’s eyes and hands wandered over his body, exploring every inch.

The touch was a delicious mix of fire and ice. When Tanner’s lips pressed against Gibby’s throat, chills of excitement raced along his spine, peppering his flesh with goose bumps. He couldn’t stop the shudder that trembled his body. Tanner’s mouth led a trail to his shoulders then his collarbone, dipping lower to his chest until Tanner was sucking on Gibby’s nipples. “Oh my god,” Gibby moaned as he threaded his fingers through Tanner’s hair holding his head to his chest.

Gibby’s body pulsed, his legs were weak as he was losing his strength to stand. With his eyes closed, lost in the amazing feeling, he began to sway. Losing his balance, Gibby tumbled into Tanner’s solid arms. The ghost boy caught Gibby and gently placed him on the soft bed.

“I have you,” Tanner purred against his ear.

Feeling flesh pressed against flesh, Gibby’s eyes fluttered open before he frowned looking down at Tanner’s naked body. “No fair,” He pouted, “I wanted to undress you, like you had done to me.”

Tanner flashed Gibby a mischievous smile. “Watch this.” Focusing on his bare skin, Tanner’s body shimmered for a second then appeared fully clothed on Gibby’s bed. “Not only do you help calm my nerves, but you help me stay focused so I can appear however I want.”

“Well, that’s good because right now I want you naked,” Gibby said breathlessly.

The clothes vanished leaving Tanner’s beautiful body reclining on the bed beside Gibby. His eyes roam over ghost boy’s body. “That’s better. Now where were we?”

Tanner blushed and opened his arms to Gibby. “Right here, in my arms, like you are always supposed to be.”

***

The next day, Gibby didn’t have to try to avoid Amanda. The bitch’s seat remained empty during Ms. Stein’s science class. Gibby really didn’t care why she was missing, he was just glad that she wasn’t there. He secretly wished she had contracted some awful disease like Monkeypox or the Ebola virus, but sadly he knew that it wasn’t true. He’d already seen her before the first bell rang, so whatever Satan-in-a-mini-skirt was up to, she wasn’t home puking her guts up, or thrashing around in unbearable pain, which was too bad.

Amanda never looked at Gibby in any of their mutual classes as the day went on and she even left him alone while he hung out in the library during lunch. It was the only time that he could really talk to Tanner since they were surrounded by classmates the rest of the time, but a few stolen kisses in the library stacks were worth the wait. The rest of the day passed without incident which made Gibby perfectly happy. He couldn’t wait to get home and have the entire house to just him and Tanner for a few hours before Jonathan got home from work.

Gibby couldn’t hide his smile as he walked through the crowed hallway at the end of the day. Memories of last night came crashing back at the most awkward moments, leaving him fighting to calm his raging emotions, but he didn’t care. Not only was he was in love with Tanner, but Tanner loved him back. They made love until the first rays of light flooded the bedroom. Just thinking about the things they had done to each other had Gibby’s erection stirring back to life.

Quickly adjusting himself to keep from bringing any unwanted attention to his crotch only made him smile even more. Gibby had already gathered his books before his last class and had his homework neatly tucked into his satchel, so he was ready to make the mad dash out to the row of buses.

Turning the corner and ready to dart down the stairs, Gibby was unexpectedly grabbed from behind. Strong hands held onto his arms and dragged him back down the hallway from which he had just come.

“What the hell?” Momentarily stunned by the surprise attack, Gibby was still in shock as he was pulled along like a limp ragdoll until he started to kick his feet and suddenly fight back.

“Let go of me!” Gibby shouted as waves of students kept walking in the opposite direction from where he was being taken. There was laughter and curious stares from the other teenagers, but none of them stopped or tried to help him. A few guys that Gibby recognized from the football team pointed at him and his attackers, giving them each a thumbs-up.

“I said let--” A strip of ducktape cut off Gibby’s protest just as the last student past him. His eyes grew wide with fear. Did the other kids think this was some kind of sick joke? Was it some sort of prank, because Gibby didn’t find it funny!

“Hurry up and get him inside before any teachers see us.” A familiar voice said from behind Gibby.

The door to the boys’ bathroom swung open and Gibby was dragged inside before his captors dropped him to the cold tile floor. Scrambling to right himself and get off his back as soon as he was free earned him a hard punch to his left eye.

Falling back on the floor, Gibby’s head connected with the tiles. He struggled for air as he fought through the darkness ebbing in from the corners, battling the bright flash of light in the center of his vision, before everything went completely black.

Thanks so much for reading and staying with Gibby along the way. It's been an interesting story with lots of ups and downs. Please let me know what you think. My door is always open. You can leave comments on the chapter review or the story forum, as many of you have already done, I love to hear from you by PM's even email for those that are not GA members...any way, I love to hear from you! :)
We are almost there! One more chapter (with small epilogue) is left. What do you think will happen? Let me know what you think.
Thanks for reading!
KC
Copyright © 2012 K.C.; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 30
  • Wow 1
  • Sad 1
  • Angry 4
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments



I hope you fully intend on writing a spin off, because I enjoyed this story about as much as I enjoyed Charlie by Hamen last year. I read at least 30 chapters a day on various sites, and this story alone makes my Mondays (and an occasional Sunday apparently) easier to bare. I'm highly disappointed that it will be ending soon, but I'd take that as a compliment if I was you :P

Link to comment

Gah. I can't believe we have to wait a week. I'm bursting at the seems to find out what happens next.

 

Gibby needs help! They're on to him and he's in trouble. I hope nothing drastic happens. Amanda needs to get what's coming to her in the worst way!

Link to comment

A short chapter, and what seems to be a shorter story as well! Oh well. It has been enjoyable and I it does make sense that the story is coming to an end.

 

I think Tanner is going to save Gibby and at the same time Amanda will be exposed for what they did.

Link to comment

One chapter only??? ohmy.png I can't see how you're going to do that with all the questions I have left (especially concerning Amanda's personality and actions - Houdinii asked for a spin off, I'll ask for a companion piece, with Amanda being the main character, told from her POV). Well, well, it's definitely going to be an interesting Monday/Tuesday next week - looking forward to it!

 

Considering how you ended the previous chapter I actually thought for a moment I missed something when starting with this chapter. So Scott only wanted to apologies (is it correct spelled for the verb? doesn't feel right.), easy to say now but I suspected as much. But Tanner should probably work on his jealousy issues, is he going to be the kind of boyfriend who wants full access to your phone/computer/facebook/blog etc and makes a scene if BF want a private conversation with someone else? Not sexy! And why was he calling Scott a jerk and referred to him as "Scott Becker of all people"? huh.png (See how you need a companion/prequel piece?!)

 

As for what I think will happen, or what was happening towards the end? Hmm ... I still kind of hope it isn't Amanda (but I also think you and I are on different paths with her). I would like there to be a twist or complete turn of events. The main question is whether you will kill off Gibby too? And whether that will be a good or a bad thing. Right now I almost think/hope Gibby dies (and saying it like that makes it sound completely wrong) even if the last story I read where the main character died (and believe me I try not to read any like that) actually made me feel sick and bad for days after I had finished reading it (so you'll know what will be on you're conscience).

 

Good work, KC! thumbsup.gif

Link to comment

That's mean....KC. It will require a lot of self-control to put this out of my mind for a week. Hope you're proud of yourself! And I bet your other readers are none too pleased, either! You rascal.

Link to comment

I agree with everyone else and say I'm sorry the story is ending so soon.

I can think of two particular endings 1. Gibby dies and he and Tanner spend eternity together.(as a ture romantic this would be my choice). 2. The story would end like the movie "The ghost and Mrs. Muir" where Tanner will just disappear one day and his memory is lost to Gibby and then many years later they are joined again after Gibby dies a natural death. But, I still go with the one behind door number one.

Thanks,

Link to comment

NO!! I DON'T IT TO END. Wow u make me think something hot n wild when they make love... Hehe. (blushing) I hope Gibby is ok. Tanner should be there to help him. Pls be reminded - u don't want to face with an angry ghost! Great chapter as always KC.

Link to comment

Wow, I too can't imagine this story being tied up in one more chapter and a short epilogue. I will really miss this story. :(

 

Now on to the review: you made me cry happy tears KC! I was so thrilled Tanner confessed his love to Gibby and Gibby to Tanner. :)

 

So now of course I'm thinking Amanda wasn't in her first class with Gibby b/c she was with her father being lectured. Hopefully Principal Grady didn't let the cat out of the bag as to who reported her and her friends. But she put the pieces together anyway and now she has Gibby in her evil clutches. Which really scares me, b/c she had no regrets about killing Tanner who she's known her whole life, so really, she won't lose any sleep killing Gibby. I wonder if Tanner could come in and save the day?

 

I'm on pins and needles now anxiously awaiting the next chapter. Excellent work KC! =)

Link to comment

I knew something would happen to GIbby! we're coming down to the wire here KC can't wait to see how you're going to end this one :P

Link to comment

Ahhhhhhh......Cliffhanger......I hope Tanner can come to Gibby's rescuesceptic.gif .....I hope Gibby's okay!!!

If you do harm him (i.e. kill), Mr. Grim, I am sure those death threats could make a reappearance....you know.... just saying *arms himself to the teeth*mace.giftongue.png

Love it!

Link to comment

I'm honestly not sure how I want this to turn out aside for the obvious, Amanda and her clowns getting what's comming to them.

In life there's not always a happy ending, I'm aware of that but my concern is once this is all over what happens to Tanner and Gibby? Does Tanner go away in peace, leaving Gibby to miss him and go back to being loney or...??? ;) Or will he find love again?

questions, questions questions...

Link to comment
On 08/14/2012 06:29 AM, Houdinii said:
I hope you fully intend on writing a spin off, because I enjoyed this story about as much as I enjoyed Charlie by Hamen last year. I read at least 30 chapters a day on various sites, and this story alone makes my Mondays (and an occasional Sunday apparently) easier to bare. I'm highly disappointed that it will be ending soon, but I'd take that as a compliment if I was you :P
Sorry Brian but I don't usually do spin-off's or sequels. :D I am planning a 3 part super-natural series as my big project for next year (hint-hint) :P

 

I'll be sad to see this end too but it opens up the possibility to new projects that I'm really excited about. Thanks for reading and hope you'll like my next stories too :D

Link to comment
On 08/14/2012 06:33 AM, Rebelghost85 said:
Gah. I can't believe we have to wait a week. I'm bursting at the seems to find out what happens next.

 

Gibby needs help! They're on to him and he's in trouble. I hope nothing drastic happens. Amanda needs to get what's coming to her in the worst way!

I know it's hard waiting! Believe me, I'm a very impatient person :lol: The countdown has begun so now that It's Thursday you don't have to wait as long. (I know that doesn't help) LOL Thanks for reading. I'm glad you have liked it! KC
Link to comment
On 08/14/2012 06:56 AM, Terry P said:
A short chapter, and what seems to be a shorter story as well! Oh well. It has been enjoyable and I it does make sense that the story is coming to an end.

 

I think Tanner is going to save Gibby and at the same time Amanda will be exposed for what they did.

Thanks Terry, I feel that my stories work better in shorter/novella length. I have written longer novel length but I tend to have a faster pace that works well at this range. I can't believe we're at the end. This has been a crazy ride for Gibby and an amazing adventure for me and the readers! :D KC
Link to comment
On 08/14/2012 07:06 AM, sorgbarn said:
One chapter only??? ohmy.png I can't see how you're going to do that with all the questions I have left (especially concerning Amanda's personality and actions - Houdinii asked for a spin off, I'll ask for a companion piece, with Amanda being the main character, told from her POV). Well, well, it's definitely going to be an interesting Monday/Tuesday next week - looking forward to it!

 

Considering how you ended the previous chapter I actually thought for a moment I missed something when starting with this chapter. So Scott only wanted to apologies (is it correct spelled for the verb? doesn't feel right.), easy to say now but I suspected as much. But Tanner should probably work on his jealousy issues, is he going to be the kind of boyfriend who wants full access to your phone/computer/facebook/blog etc and makes a scene if BF want a private conversation with someone else? Not sexy! And why was he calling Scott a jerk and referred to him as "Scott Becker of all people"? huh.png (See how you need a companion/prequel piece?!)

 

As for what I think will happen, or what was happening towards the end? Hmm ... I still kind of hope it isn't Amanda (but I also think you and I are on different paths with her). I would like there to be a twist or complete turn of events. The main question is whether you will kill off Gibby too? And whether that will be a good or a bad thing. Right now I almost think/hope Gibby dies (and saying it like that makes it sound completely wrong) even if the last story I read where the main character died (and believe me I try not to read any like that) actually made me feel sick and bad for days after I had finished reading it (so you'll know what will be on you're conscience).

 

Good work, KC! thumbsup.gif

Sorgbarn, I love your reviews but you should know by now that I can't answer. I should start like a Congressman caught up in a bad scandal "No Comment!" :P

 

I'm not planning a spin-off but i hope the end answers all questions. I was really confident about the end but as we get closer I always have moments of self-doubt. I want everyone to love this story as much as I do! This has been a huge undertaking but I've had so much fun. The readers and reviews have been amazing! I just can't say thank you enough to everyone!!! :D KC

Link to comment
On 08/14/2012 09:06 AM, charlieocho said:
That's mean....KC. It will require a lot of self-control to put this out of my mind for a week. Hope you're proud of yourself! And I bet your other readers are none too pleased, either! You rascal.
Hehe-hehe...Is it meaner that it makes me smile with the image of you stomping around huffin' and puffin' at me? I'm sorry Charlie that this chapter ended on a cliffy. I debated splitting chapter 19 into 18 and 20 and make the epilogue the last chapter but I really think the timing will work out better this way.

 

I hope your not still mad at me come Monday and refuse to read the end. Thanks Charlie! :D

Link to comment
On 08/14/2012 02:03 PM, perry721 said:
I agree with everyone else and say I'm sorry the story is ending so soon.

I can think of two particular endings 1. Gibby dies and he and Tanner spend eternity together.(as a ture romantic this would be my choice). 2. The story would end like the movie "The ghost and Mrs. Muir" where Tanner will just disappear one day and his memory is lost to Gibby and then many years later they are joined again after Gibby dies a natural death. But, I still go with the one behind door number one.

Thanks,

Option 1- maybe

 

Option 2- maybe

 

Or Option 3- read and find out on Monday! :lol:

 

Sorry Perry but I couldn't resist :P We're almost there only 4 more days. Thanks so much for reading!

 

KC :D

Link to comment
On 08/14/2012 03:39 PM, Manu said:
Noooo why did you leave the sex out DX Wanted to read that!!!! :P
I debated the sex between Gibby and Tanner and thought in the end, since this is very along the lines of a Young Adult story that I would leave the actual scene out. It just felt wrong to go into too much detail, but I'm sure these readers have good imagination and can conjure up things better than I could ever write :lol:

 

Thanks for reading! :D

Link to comment
On 08/14/2012 11:45 PM, unlikelyu said:
NO!! I DON'T IT TO END. Wow u make me think something hot n wild when they make love... Hehe. (blushing) I hope Gibby is ok. Tanner should be there to help him. Pls be reminded - u don't want to face with an angry ghost! Great chapter as always KC.
It sad to see this one end, but it's time. I hope you like how I pull it all together at the end. Thanks so much for reading and reviewing.

 

Angry ghost :) Just wait and see!

 

KC :D

Link to comment
On 08/15/2012 01:01 AM, Lisa said:
Wow, I too can't imagine this story being tied up in one more chapter and a short epilogue. I will really miss this story. :(

 

Now on to the review: you made me cry happy tears KC! I was so thrilled Tanner confessed his love to Gibby and Gibby to Tanner. :)

 

So now of course I'm thinking Amanda wasn't in her first class with Gibby b/c she was with her father being lectured. Hopefully Principal Grady didn't let the cat out of the bag as to who reported her and her friends. But she put the pieces together anyway and now she has Gibby in her evil clutches. Which really scares me, b/c she had no regrets about killing Tanner who she's known her whole life, so really, she won't lose any sleep killing Gibby. I wonder if Tanner could come in and save the day?

 

I'm on pins and needles now anxiously awaiting the next chapter. Excellent work KC! =)

Great, now my self-doubt is starting to seep back in. I hope the ending isn't a flop. I worked really hard on it and want the readers to be satisfied. I'm so glad that you've been liking and reviewing along the way. I enjoy your insightful thoughts! :) The wait is nearly half over, only 4 more days. Thanks for reading Lisa!
Link to comment
On 08/15/2012 06:13 AM, Jammi said:
I knew something would happen to GIbby! we're coming down to the wire here KC can't wait to see how you're going to end this one :P
(KC reaches into his magic hat full of tricks!) :wizard:

 

From here on out it's anyone's guess :P

Link to comment
On 08/15/2012 02:13 PM, TexasCub said:
I am definitely hard pressed to see it ending in one chapter... but alas, I am sure you'll manage.
:o Jeez, more self-doubt, now you guys have me racing back to review what I wrote. I don't want to disappoint anyone...getting more nervous with every tick of the clock!

 

Thanks TX I hope you like it :D

Link to comment

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..