Jump to content
    Krista
  • Author
  • 5,799 Words
  • 1,036 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Krista's Prompts - 5. Prompt 356

Part 1 is Prompt: 352
Creative: “Since when do I have to tell you everything?”

“Since when do I have to tell you everything?” I asked crossing my arms when Janelle ambushed me in the hallway after our last class. I had made a point not to tell her about last night, knowing that I would be interrogated for every little detail.

 

I just didn’t take into consideration that Daniel would catch me off guard after first period in front of her and agree to go on the date with me Saturday, like I had him the day before. He told me that paybacks are fair play and smirked when Janelle’s jaw dropped. I watched her turn to me and when I made the move to bolt down the sidewalk towards our last class she caught me on the arm. Since we only had a couple of minutes between classes I shrugged out of her grip and quickened my pace knowing she would struggle to catch up to me.

 

“Tell me you chicken shit,” she hissed as we made our way out of the building. We bypassed the busses lined up to take people home that lived too far out in the district to walk. A lot of people would go cruising in the city with friends, but neither Janelle or I had time. We only had a short window to get our homework finished before our practices started. We both had practice this evening and I hoped to shake her off until we had to leave.

 

“Tell you what?” I asked glancing down at her as we crossed the crosswalk to the sidewalk that would lead us home.

 

“Why he agreed to that date and said paybacks are fair play,” she said and I winced when she grabbed my elbow, her fingernails although trimmed short because of gymnastics dug into my skin.

 

“I guess since I caught him off guard yesterday, he was getting me back,” I said shrugging my shoulders.

 

“Explain yourself,” she said her mouth dropping open.

 

“There’s nothing to tell,” I said then glanced sideways at her to see if she bought it. When her eyes squinted to a glare I knew she hadn’t believed me. I was terrible at lying and hated to anyway.

 

“Don’t you lie to me Joshua Paige, I know where you live,” she warned and I laughed shaking my head.

 

“I could hold my hand on your forehead and you couldn’t touch me,” I said reaching for her, but she ducked under my hand.

 

“I’m about as flexible as a cat,” she said, “something that is totally lost on you.”

 

“Janelle,” I groaned, “I don’t want to tell you why he agreed to go with me Saturday.”

 

“Well you had better change your mind about that,” she countered as our houses came into view. “Or I’m not letting you copy off me in Calculus anymore.”

 

“Fine,” I said and I smirked when she stamped her foot and growled.

 

“You’re going with me dress shopping Saturday morning still, right?” She asked and I knew she wasn’t changing the subject to give in to my stubborness. She knew I would cave in when she found something to use against me. Some fear about Saturday night. Dress shopping was just the beginning, she wanted me thinking about Saturday. She knew I was awkward and clumsy when it came to people. She probably expected me to beg her for advice. After Daniel’s payback, I had to keep myself from doing just that. I hoped I could outlast her, but knowing I had nothing good planned for Saturday I would be asking her advice eventually, I hated that she knew me so well.

 

“Does it have to be this Saturday?” I asked as I followed her up the driveway to her front door.

 

“Yes it does,” she answered glancing over her shoulder as she unlocked the door and we stepped inside. She locked the door behind her and I glanced down at my cell phone to make sure practice wasn’t sneaking up on me. The school required two hours for homework after classes ended before practices could begin, unless it was a competition or game then we were on our own, since other schools had different ideas on education and study habits than our district.

 

“Who are you going with?” I asked and she turned to look at me.

 

“Friends,” she answered, “are you going with Daniel?”

 

“No,” I said and she smirked when my voice cracked at the sudden question.

 

“You’ve had a shitty smile on your face all day for no reason Josh,” she said as we walked up the stairs to her bedroom, “I’ve been wanting to ask, you know how impatient I am.”

 

“I know,” I said shrugging neither of us opening our bags. We had more Calculus problems and I had an English paper to finish before practice.

 

“So tell me,” she said, “what brought on Daniel’s ambush?”

 

“He and I have always been friends,” I answered smiling when she crossed her arms and rolled her eyes.

 

“If that’s the story you’re sticking to, get out,” she said nodding towards her bedroom door.

 

“Janelle,” I whined unzipping my backpack and fishing out my Calculus book. I knew my face was flushed and when I looked at her she was biting her bottom lip to keep from smiling. I knew she wouldn’t kick me out, her curiosity wouldn’t allow her to.

 

“So you don’t need my help planning your date Saturday, got it all figured out?” She asked and I sighed leaning against her headboard. She smiled triumphantly and finally unzipped her own bag and grabbed her books.

 

“It’s not really a date,” I said my stomach dropping when I said the word.

 

“But he is gay,” she said and I hesitated not knowing if he would be pissed if I told her. He probably figured I would, since he ambushed me in front of her. Maybe he thought I already told her.

 

“Yeah,” I answered, “he dropped by last night.”

 

“Really!” She said reaching out and grabbing my knee. “Did you do it?”

 

“No!” I hissed shaking my head. “And I wouldn’t tell you if we did, so.”

 

“How did he know where you lived?” She asked her eyes still wide.

 

“He works at The Little Dragon and he delivered my food,” I answered opening my Calculus book. She sighed and opened her book as well and we settled into our homework knowing that neither of us really had time to lay around and talk.

 

After about half an hour Janelle glanced at her digital clock on the nightstand and sighed. We had already went through our Calculus and I was skimming the book we had been reading for English to do my summary paper. Every year we studied Shakespeare, this year it happened to be MacBeth and I always found if difficult to follow the dude and these questions weren’t helping. Our senior English teacher was one of those Shakespeare festival types, she looked forward to this part of the semester and it showed.

 

“Well I’m finished,” she said smirking. “You know we were supposed to fill out those questions as we went along in the book.”

 

“I know, shut up,” I said as she stuffed her Calculus book into her bag.

 

“Well good luck with that,” she said not moving from her spot on the bed. I could read the blackmail on her face. “You know I have my questions completed.”

 

“I figured as much,” I said not glancing at her as I opened my notebook and put my name on the top right corner of the page.

 

“I’ll let you at least see what I have written,” she said reaching into her bag pulling out her notebook. We didn’t share the class, the only two classes we had together was our lab and Calculus. “You can reword a lot of it, you know dumb jock it up.”

 

“What’s the catch,” I said tapping the end of of pen against the notebook.

 

“Tell me about last night and what you have planned Saturday,” she said her eyes hopeful. “I mean the clock is ticking and we both have practice.”

 

“Stop trying to blackmail me,” I countered, “Momma always said girls were trouble.”

 

“So she’s to blame for the whole gay thing,” Janelle said, “scared you right onto a…”

 

“Janelle,” I groaned snatching at her notebook. “Just give me the notes.”

 

“No,” she argued and we started wrestling for the notebook messing up her bed. “Tell me about last night.”

 

“He delivered my food,” I grunted as she elbowed me in the stomach after I momentarily was able to get my hands on the notebook.

 

“I bet he did alright,” she said as she nimbly stretched her leg out and pinned me against the headboard with her foot.

 

“How the fuck did you do that?” I asked trying to dislodge her foot.

 

“Told you,” she said, “like a cat.”

 

“Fine, you win,” I said holding up my hands and relaxing against the bed.

 

“I don’t know why you make things so damn difficult,” she said still holding onto the notebook, but she let her foot drop. “I always win.”

 

“You fight dirty,” I countered wondering if I could catch her off guard, but she slid to the bottom of the bed out of my reach.

 

“I’m little, I have to,” she said shrugging. “Now tell me and I’ll even let you take it home with you.”

 

“Okay, but we’ll need to study hard for the test,” I said and she nodded handing me the notebook. “He came over and I think he was a little paranoid that I had him figured out.”

 

“You have no gaydar,” she interrupted rolling her eyes.

 

“I do,” I said frowning, “I just don’t like the guys you pick out for me.”

 

“Fine,” she said, “what did you say?”

 

“We got to talking,” I said shrugging, “eventually he asked if I was interested in guys and we both sort of danced around the subject of it for awhile.”

 

“Typical Joshua Paige,” she said and I could hear the ‘don’t be a chicken,’ lecture coming.

 

“But he did know I liked guys, he told me he didn’t!” I said remembering the lie he told before he kissed me. “Then he kissed me.”

 

“What!” She screeched and I jumped. “Your first man on man kiss!”

 

“Don’t make me sound like a loser,” I said and she laughed slapping me just below my knee.

 

“Was it a good one?” She asked and I could feel my face getting warm.

 

“Yeah, it was alright,” I said trying to sound nonchalant, but she snickered anyway.

 

“Kisses that are just alright don’t make people smile the whole next day,” she said a smug smile crossing her face. “I knew I’d get this out of you.”

 

“You know how to work me,” I said, “always have.”

 

“It’s the gender, dear,” she said and I reached over and grabbed a pillow. I made to smack her in the face with it, but she moved out of the way and stood.

 

“And I’m not real sure what I’m gonna do about the date,” I said honoring the second part of our agreement, but I probably didn’t have to.

 

“What is your ideal date?” She asked and I blushed remembering how I told Daniel what it would be. Thinking about it now, I wondered what he thought about it.

 

“Just going to the beach in the evening and eating there really,” I said shrugging. “For the privacy.”

 

“That’s like a long ways off,” she said her eyes squinted. “And you’re not much of a talker unless you’re talking to me.”

 

“I know,” I said feeling the uneasiness I always felt when I thought about having to do something I didn’t know much about. This was all new territory for me. It was a moment of pure insanity that I approached Daniel in the first place. That it partially succeeded didn’t mean that I had the confidence to keep it going. It was like calling for the ball and not knowing what the fuck to do after you got the pass.

 

“Maybe he is,” she said, “but he doesn’t seem like the type either.”

 

“We did just fine last night,” I said trying to seem hopeful, but quaked.

 

“You just told me that you two danced around the whole gay thing and it took an awkward kiss to get you two connected,” she said cocking an eyebrow.

 

“I did not,” I countered frowning when she smiled.

 

“I read between the lines,” she said shrugging then she glanced at her watch.

 

“I should get ready,” she said sighing. “It’s still a couple of days off, we’ll think of something, maybe he’ll have some ideas.”

 

“I don’t want you meddling,” I said pointing a finger at her. She pretended to be offended, but then walked by me patting me on the shoulder.

 

“I wouldn’t dream of it,” she said as she turned and left her bedroom before I could say anything else. The bathroom was just down the hall and shortly after the bathroom door closed I heard the shower start.

 

Knowing I had my own practice to look forward to, I slid Janelle’s English notebook into my bag and stood. I glanced down at the wrecked covers and wondered what her parents really thought about me being here when they weren’t home. They had never warned me to stay away or for us to stay down in the living room while they weren’t home. Not like it would have mattered if Janelle and I had wanted to, a couch would have worked just as nicely.

 

“See you later Janelle,” I said as I tapped on the wooden door. I didn’t wait around for her to reply and bounded down the stairs into the living room.

 

When I left, I made sure the door was locked behind me before I walked down the steps of her front porch and jogged across the driveway and around the fence to my house. Reaching into my pocket I grabbed my keys and walked up the stairs sighing. Maybe if I hadn’t tried to keep this from her, she would have had more time to get my mind off it. Now I was rethinking the entire night before and in these situations I ended up thinking I had acted like a tongue tied idiot. I hadn’t seemed to bother Daniel though, people usually didn’t kiss people they couldn’t stand to be around.

 

After I was inside I neglected the television and walked into the kitchen. Knowing I had practice soon I ate a sandwich with a glass of milk. Soccer and school would just have to distract me until Saturday night.

 

While I had time, I opened my bag and pulled out both English notebooks and looked over Janelle’s answers. When I realized she had written nearly four pages I frowned wondering how fucked I was with this assignment. Skimming her notes though, I quickly realized that she overkilled most of the questions. She definitely would be getting top marks on it, but I was just looking for a grade high enough to keep the teacher off my ass.

 

By the time I was happy with my two pages I glanced up at the clock and realized I would be cutting it closer than I would have liked. I stood shoving the notebooks back into my bag, I left it on the couch, and jogged up the stairs. I grabbed my soccer bag and bounded back down the stairs. I wanted to walk, but I would be late if I did, so I got into my car and backed out of the driveway.

 

Usually I would look forward to soccer. It was the only thing I was confident doing, it was the only real time I ever felt free of my awkwardness. I would miss it and didn’t have that many more months of High School on top of that. It had always been a scary passing thought. College. I was looking forward to it, Janelle was thrilled, but she was ready for college as soon as we graduated from middle school. To escape her parents, gymnastics, and her coach. To finally have free time and a non-restrictive diet. I on the other hand worried that I didn’t form enough connections to hold me over until I made some new ones in college. If I even would. I had close to six or seven years with the team, just the passing of time helped me along. Now I wasn’t so sure.

 

It was a short drive over to the field, it was nestled to the far back left of the campus. The running track circled the football field next door. The cross country team usually warmed up on it before taking off on a marked course set a week before their latest meet that resembled the course they would be on later. The baseball and softball fields were on the far right side of the sports complex part of the campus. Only the swimming pool was close to the gym.

 

“Paige!” Someone yelled when I stepped out of my car with my bag slung over my shoulder. I looked around and saw Connor leaning with his girlfriend Nikki against his car. A black Mercedes. He was already dressed in practice gear, but he smiled and waved me towards them.

 

“What’s up?” I asked when I came to a stop a few feet away. Nikki offered me a small smile, I had never really talked much with her over the couple of months she and Connor had been dating.

 

“Party Saturday night, you in?” He asked looking hopeful.

 

“Can’t,” I said my stomach lurching. “I have plans that night dude.”

 

“Finally going to make a move on that sweet ass Janelle?” He asked and I saw Nikki shoot him a glare.

 

“No,” I answered wondering if Janelle would think it was a compliment on her ass for Connor to like it.

 

“Then come, I know you don’t have anything else to do,” he said smiling as he slapped my shoulder.

 

“I do, though,” I said feeling my face flush.

 

“A doctor’s appointment?” He asked pretending to be concerned. “Is it serious?”

 

“Shut up man,” I said shaking my head.

 

“Well we’ll see you Saturday night you’re coming, you need to get the gear on before Coach sees you,” he said glancing down at the clock on his phone.

 

“See you later Josh,” Nikki said smiling as Connor draped his arm around her shoulders and led her towards the field.

 

“Fucking hell,” I whispered after they were out of earshot before I sighed and jogged to the locker room. Most of the team had already changed into their uniforms and was out on the field. I went to my designated locker and glanced up at my name. I had this locker since I made the team my freshman year, I had been proud to have it put up there and it never really bothered me to see guys in the locker room. I had become pretty good a sneaking glances when they didn’t notice, over the years though I had seen more than I wanted to.

 

The only real worry I had was them finding out that I was gay. How that might change everything, the towel slapping, the junk jokes. It had been fun if you weren’t on the receiving end of a stiff slap on the ass from a tightly wound towel. Only a couple more matches were left until the championships though. We were in the running still, ranked second in our district.

 

When I ran out of the locker room I ran to my usual stretching spot on the field. Glancing around most everyone else had stretched out and were talking. Coach Porter was talking to the small group of managers, made up of freshmen that never saw playing time.

 

“What’s that Daniel kid doing here?” Someone asked and I looked over and I saw Donovan our goal keeper pointing towards the chain link fence that separated the field from the bleachers. He had one glove on and was in the middle of sliding his other one when he pointed.

 

“He has his camera,” Connor said smirking.

 

“Isn’t he part of the Yearbook staff?” I asked stretching out my lower back trying to sound casual. After seeing him hovering by the fence I felt my pulse quicken and my face begin to flush.

 

“Oh that’s right,” Connor answered, “bet I can kick a ball and hit him right in the forehead.”

 

“He is kind of cute,” Nikki said hovering over us. She would watch practice from the stands when we got started. Or at least pretend while she texted her friends.

 

“Johnson!” Coach yelled and I we all jumped. He had broke from the meeting with the managers and came up behind us without us knowing. “Your ass better not do anything stupid.”

 

“Won’t Coach,” Connor said shooting me a smile. I shook my head as Nikki quickly retreated to the sideline and then to the exit along the fence to the stands.

 

“Come on in kid,” Coach said waving his hand for Daniel to enter the field. “You can take pictures but stay out of the way.”

 

“Alright,” Daniel said and when his eyes found mine I saw the smile as I looked away getting to my feet.

 

“Be sure to get a few of my badass saves,” Donovan said now with both of his gloves on. He pointed to Daniel as he turned to jog to the goal.

 

Then my heart skipped when Daniel started jogging towards me with his camera in hand. I glanced around and saw that Coach Porter was discussing something with the back defensive line. By the vein popping out on his forehead he wasn’t happy. I watched as Connor, the twins Mitchell and Michael, and Trey all nodding and trying to keep eye contact with him.

 

I played right forward or sometimes right midfielder if we needed a quicker defense. One of the four offensive players on the field. Although the midfielders were also defensive depending on which side had the ball.

 

“Hey,” Daniel said as I turned back around to face him.

 

“Your ambush sucked ass,” I whispered glancing around to make sure no one was close enough to overhear our conversation. I also anticipated the whistle to blow from Coach Porter any moment now to officially get practice started.

 

“So did your’s,” he shrugged smirking.

 

“And you didn’t mention you’d be taking pictures tonight,” I said glancing down at the camera he held in his hand.

 

“I tried to get my ass out of it, believe me,” he said looking past me to scan the field. “I was roped into doing it by my art teacher.”

 

“Art teacher?” I asked and he nodded.

 

“Yeah, extra credit and shit,” he said, “the boss at The Little Dragon cussed me out in chinese when I told him I couldn’t deliver tonight.”

 

“Fired?” I asked and he laughed.

 

“I’ll know tomorrow, won’t I?” He said and I smiled.

 

“Paige!” Coach yelled causing me to jump. “Get your ass over here.”

 

“Gotta go,” I said and didn’t wait for him to respond knowing Coach wasn’t a patient man. When I joined everyone else he blew the whistle and we lined up to scrimmage to work on our passing and offensive sets. We were late into the year so the basics for the freshmen had elevated to playing against the starters instead of kicking the ball around a bunch of cones.

 

Every time I heard the shutter click of the camera I couldn’t help glancing over to see who Daniel had taken a picture of. For the first time since I first started kicking a soccer ball around I felt awkward. He had probably watched a couple of my games, I believe I remembered seeing him at more than a couple home games. He was part of the yearbook committee so he had probably taken pictures at some of our matches.

 

“Heads up!” I heard Louise yell when I watched Daniel take a picture of Donovan who had been posing periodically when there wasn’t a threat of a score coming at him. I turned just as the ball glanced off my shoulder and bounced out of bounds.

 

“Paige!” Coach yelled, “where the hell is your head at son?”

 

“Sorry,” I said and he shot me a red faced glare.

 

“And Donovan if I see you pose one more time it will be laps for you,” he continued and I glanced at Donovan to see him relax from his latest pose and jog to retrieve the ball from the sidelines. “We have a match against Lake Moore High, Thursday you know.”

 

“Yes Sir!” We all yelled in unison and he blew the whistle. Donovan kicked the ball high to Connor who passed it to Louise. This time I saw the cross pass to me and I received it on my chest then kicked it back to a charging Alex, when he received the ball he faked left and shot towards the upper right corner. Donovan didn’t recover quickly enough and Alex jogged by me slapping me on the ass as he celebrated scoring the ball.

 

As practice continued I settled in and was able to ignore the shutter clicks and the flashes of light from the camera. I still found myself glancing at Daniel whenever a lull in action fell on the field. Mostly when the ball was being passed around by the defensive line trying to work out their new set. By the sound of Coach’s voice they still were having trouble with it, but it allowed for me to sneak a few glances in.

 

It made me realize just how much of a mystery Daniel was. I didn’t know anything about him, apart from the fact that I found him attractive. I suddenly felt like an idiot for the ambush attack and then the date coming up this weekend. A date. My first one and it was with someone I didn’t even know I had anything in common with. Usually people got to know one another before an epic Saturday night date, I felt like I was going at this completely backwards. I wasn’t supposed to kiss and like the kiss, from someone I didn’t even know.

 

Coach’s sharp whistle made me jump and when I looked around he was waving everyone into a huddle. Judging by the darkness that fell around us, it was a little past time for our practice to end. Sweat made my shirt cling to my chest as I jogged over to the huddle. When he saw that everyone was standing or kneeling in front of him he dropped the whistle and shoved his clipboard under his arm.

 

“Now men, get your asses home,” he said smiling as he dismissed us from practice and immediately turned to Don the defensive line coach and started an animated one sided discussion with him.

 

When we were in the lockeroom Connor sauntered to the middle of the room. He was bare assed, just a towel slung over his shoulder as he cleared his throat. I looked around and pretended to be looking for my clean clothes.

 

“Be quiet bitches!” He yelled and I glanced over my shoulder smirking. I knew what he was about to do.

 

“Before Coach gets in here, party at my place Saturday,” he said before walking into the showers. I looked around and saw that most everyone else was instantly excited about the idea of the party. If we happened to lose the match Thursday, it would make for a good morale boost over the weekend for everyone to blow off some steam.

 

“You coming Paige?” Donovan asked, his locker was right beside mine. He was preparing to go into the showers as well.

 

“I have plans,” I answered and he studied me for a minute then shrugged.

 

“You’ll get the next one,” he said hitting me in the shoulder as he walked by. “Good lob earlier, I had you pegged to shoot, not pass.”

 

“I didn’t have a good angle,” I answered smiling.

 

“I just know, that Daniel buy better have got some good shots of me,” he said, “I expect a feature in the yearbook, being the best goalie that ever walked these halls.”

 

“Yeah right,” I said rolling up my towel and pretended to aim for his ass. He laughed and shot into the shower room.

 

Not feeling like a shower I changed into my clothes and draped my bag over my shoulder. Now that I was cooled off the muscle aches started and I stretched my neck as I made my way out of the locker room just wanting to get home and into a hot shower before bed.

 

“Hey,” Daniel said from the shadows of the corner of the building.

 

“What the fuck!” I yelped before my eyes adjusted to the darkness between the lights that lit the path from the field to the parking lot.

 

“Sorry man,” he said cocking an eyebrow. “Are you always this jumpy?”

 

“No,” I said feeling my face flush.

 

“Damn, could be fun,” he said still holding the camera.

 

“Donovan will be around to approve his shots,” I said pointing to the camera. He snickered and grabbed the camera bag and carefully slid the camera down into it.

 

“You’ll have to come by after I get them developed and approve your’s,” he said glancing around. I could almost hear the seduction in his voice, it was enough to make my heart speed up and my mouth to dry.

 

“Still on for Saturday?” I whispered as I started walking again, hoping he would fall in line beside me.

 

“I thought you’d go to Connor’s party,” he said glancing over at me.

 

“You heard the big announcement?” I asked nodding my head towards the locker room.

 

“People the next block over probably heard it,” he said, “I know your coach did.”

 

“Damn,” I said, “oh well, Connor’s ass.”

 

“It’s a nice one by the way,” Daniel said then turned towards me. I had shot him a glare before I could mask my reaction. When I saw him laugh I pushed his shoulder.

 

“Hey watch it jock,” he said, “if I drop this thing I’ll owe the school a butt ton.”

 

“Right,” I said rolling my eyes.

 

“About Saturday,” he said as we approached my car. No one else was around so I leaned casually against it. I smiled when Daniel slid next to me, then I saw his nose wrinkle and he scooted a couple of inches away. “You stink, dude.”

 

“It’s a manly odor,” I said puffing up my chest. “So what about Saturday?”

 

“Are you really going to drive us all the way out to the beach?” He asked fiddling with the camera strap. “Or are you open to suggestions.”

 

“Definitely open to suggestions,” I said relieved that he wasn’t blowing off the date, but I couldn’t help that part of me wished he would.

 

“Want to hang out at my house?” He asked and I turned to study him. The expression on my face probably gave away what I was thinking and when he laughed I looked away. “Not for that, unless you know, you want to.”

 

“Fuck,” I hissed glancing around to make sure we were still the only ones in the parking lot. I could hear some of the guys approaching, but we still had time to talk before they would be able to see us. “But yeah, we can hang out.”

 

“Good,” he said, “I don’t go to the beach.”

 

“Why not?” I asked and he shrugged.

 

“Can’t swim,” he said and I smiled.

 

“I wasn’t planning on swimming,” I countered, “but we can hang out at your house, when do you want me over?”

 

“Do you have anything else to do Saturday?” He asked and I groaned.

 

“I have to go with Janelle as she looks for a dress for the dance,” I answered, “it won’t take long I’ll start complaining and piss her off, I don’t know why she makes me go.”

 

“Oh that’s right, that’s coming up,” he said smiling.

 

“Yeah,” I said remembering the dance. Then Prom meant I would have to shuffle along beside her as she fretted over that dress. A lot worse, being that it would be our Senior prom. She had been hinting that I need to ask a guy out for that, our biggest dance of our lives. I told her I’d bring a guy to her wedding, because that dance had to be bigger than a high school prom.

 

“Well call me when you’re free,” he said, and he handed me a piece of paper I didn’t even notice him carrying.

 

“Do you want my number?” I asked and he shook his head.

 

“I’ll get it when you call,” he shrugged, “I better get this camera back in lockdown and get home.”

 

“Me too,” I said and I watched as he pushed himself off my car and walked over to his. I glanced around before I opened my door. No one had stopped to pay any attention to us as they left for home. Most of them probably still had the English paper due, they probably hadn’t answered the summary questions as we went along either. Knowing Connor, he’ll be finishing up as everyone else is turning their paper in at the beginning of class tomorrow.

 

Although it scared me to death, I was looking forward to Saturday. If I survived dress shopping with Janelle.

Copyright © 2015 Krista; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 6
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..