Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Unspoken - 2. Silence

Half an hour had passed in silence, with Bryce only looking over at me once, giving me a fond smile maybe ten minutes ago, before going back to stargazing.

I stood up, grabbing the pistol, to jump inside to the kitchen. Dropping the mag, I racked the slide on the pistol to empty the chamber so it would be safe to slide into my pocket. The fridge swung open and I grabbed a can of diet soda for me and a small bottle of orange juice for Bryce.

I was only gone for about one minute, if that, but when I returned to the deck, Bryce’s eyes could be seen drooping a bit, where before they had been wide open. I handed him the juice as I sat down, and he accepted with a wide smile, popping the cap off and gulping half of it down. He set it on the table next to him, and stood, taking the two steps over two me, and pulled me forward into a crushing hug. It lasted only seconds, before he pulled back and grabbed the juice, heading inside. I gave myself a quarter hour to drink my own beverage before I headed inside myself. A quick stop at the kitchen island to reload the pistol and I was on my way back up the stairs.

I peeked into Bryce’s room to see him knocked out, and satisfied I returned to our room, replacing the pistol and mag to their hidden locations, before surreptitiously reinserting myself into the bed. It only took seconds before an arm crossed my chest, and I was pulled to the center of the bed. Nicolo sleepily mumbled unintelligible nothings at me before resuming his light snore.

Whatever it was that woke Bryce up, he didn’t seem quite ready to talk about it. I wasn’t worried.

Thanks for reading!
The chapters should be getting longer from here on out.
Copyright © 2021 Late to the party; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 39
  • Love 6
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..