Jump to content
  • Join Gay Authors

    Join us for free and follow your favorite authors and stories.

    Lee Wilson
  • Author
  • 1,829 Words
  • 442 Views
  • 14 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
This story is an original work of gay fiction. None of the people or events are real. While some of the town names used may be real, any other geographic references (school, events) are purely fictional. Any resemblance to persons living or dead is completely coincidental. This story depicts sexual situations between adult males. If reading this is illegal where you reside, or you are not at least 18 years of age, you are reading at your own risk. This work is the property of the author, Lee R Wilson, and shall not be reproduced and/or re-posted without his permission. Story ©2024 Lee R Wilson.

Dak Ross - My Journal - 3. Jamie Is Found - II

As i said in the description and the previous chapter’s notes, this is an alternate ending. Initially, it was the original ending. But i wanted the Happily Ever After contingent to be happy too. Continue if you dare. The story was originally envisioned as a single chapter, so this ending is quite short. Maybe that makes it less painful to read. Who knows?
If you do continue on, you may want to keep the tissues handy. Changes from chapter 2, version 1 start a bit after **********************************

Printed on the inside of the front cover:

This is the private journal of Dak Ross. Unless i handed it to you to read, paws off!

Monday, April 15: If you’re reading this Uncle Spence or Aunt Claire, please stop.

Monday, April 29: Really, Aunt Claire and Uncle Spence. You really, really don’t want to read this.


Tuesday, April 23

Aunt-C tried to convince me to go to school today. i wanted to wait around to see if Jamie showed up. She was pretty convincing when she said he might show up at school, so i went. i went through the whole day, no Jamie. Just snickers from the most obnoxious kids. He's been missing over 30 hours now. The cops won't do anything until it's been 48 hours, since he's 18. i just know something is wrong, but i don't know what else i can do about it.

Wednesday, April 24

Still no Jamie. Sure, there's a missing person's report for him now, but the cops believe he was upset about his mother's passing and he simply went somewhere to deal with it. They think he'll show up in a couple days.

Thursday, April 25

i got into another fight today. Well, actually almost three of them. Pete Black kept taunting me, asking where my boyfriend was. i couldn't take it any longer so i punched him a few times. It didn't matter that Tim Larssen was there too. He started in so i hit him too. i finally had to give up when Dan (Sticks) Baltimore threatened me with death if i didn't stop. i was a wild man, throwing punches everywhere, but Sticks caught one of my hands and squeezed it tight. But not tight enough to break it. Sticks is one of those reverse nicknames. Like calling a big guy 'Tiny.' Sticks was stacked. He played football, and was probably the biggest kid in school, both tall and wide. But not fat. Something really bothered me about a comment Pete made after Dan’s death threat. i hope he was just spouting off, but “like your faggot boyfriend” sent chills up my spine. Jamie’s been missing over three days now and i’m so fucking afraid something happened to him. i’m taking a ride to Pete’s house after school tomorrow and confront him with it.

Friday, April 26

i’m really worried now. No Jamie still and Pete was no help to my state of mind. He didn’t tell me anything specific, but i was scared out of my wits when he said, “You may as well forget him. You’ll never see him again.”

Saturday, April 27

Noooooooo! Usually, i make these entries before i go to bed. i can hardly see the page through my tears. i think they found Jamie.

(Spencer again. Another printed article.)

BUFORD, GA: The body of a young man was found in Friendship Quarry last night. The waterlogged body was seen floating in the pond just before sunset. Authorities have indicated they are treating the case as a homicide. Ulster Langston, the quarry worker who discovered and retrieved the body said he couldn’t be sure, but it appeared the man was stabbed multiple times. No identification has yet been made. Buford police are investigating with missing persons reports in mind.

It’s nighttime now. Oh, God, i just know it’s going to turn out to be Jamie. i can’t even think straight right now. Please, please, please let it be someone else. Unk took me to the police station to see if we could possibly look at the body. They didn’t let us, but i knew Jamie went to the same dentist i did. They took that information and said they would look into it.

Sunday, April 28

Still no word this morning. We’ll probably have to wait until tomorrow to hear if anything from the dentist will tell us anything.

OMG! OMG! It’s lunchtime and we’re heading to the hospital now. A camper was taking his kids for a walk in the woods near Bolding Mill Campground and heard someone quietly calling for help. It was Jamie. We have no idea how he got up there or what condition he’s in. BUT HE’S ALIVE!!!

After dinner now. We just got home. Jamie was severely dehydrated and couldn’t communicate at all, but at one point i saw him smile. i was able to find out that he was chained to a tree, so he didn’t get there by himself. i know Pete and them had something to do with it, but i’m holding back my anger until Jamie can talk. i asked him if he knew who did it and i think he nodded. i can’t be sure though, that he wasn’t just exhausted, and his head drooped. i’m going back after Aunt Clair gets home from work tomorrow.

**********************************

Monday, April 29

Aunt-C brought me to the hospital again. Jamie had been getting better, but he took a turn for the worst that afternoon. He was tired from being interviewed by the cops, so he didn’t talk much. He said enough to know it was the three stooges i fought with on Thursday. Apparently the cops haven’t picked them up yet. They’re still investigating. We stayed with him a while, even though he was unconscious, i couldn't bear to leave, but i also couldn't stand seeing him like that. Finally, Aunt-C said i should take a break, maybe get something to eat. i reluctantly agreed,

Sorry about the teardrops on the page. I know you can't see them... Aunt-C and i ran down to the cafeteria for a while. Jamie fucking died while we were down there. Apparently he had a head injury too. I hate my Aunt right now. If she didn't make us leave, he at least wouldn't have died alone. i'm just so fucking angry now, i can't think straight. But i'm thinking this perfectly straight. Unk had bought me a rifle when i turned 13. i’m taking it over to Pete Black’s house after school tomorrow. If he’s there, he won’t be breathing when i leave. Then i’ll head to the other two’s houses. Gotta put another warning in the front of my journal again. i REALLY don’t want them reading it now. i don’t care if i go to jail. Those mother fuckers will pay one way or another.

Tuesday, April 30

i expect to be in jail in a little while. i doubt i'll get away with killing those motherfuckers, but i'll be on my way to Pete's house in a moment. Unless i get lucky and don't get caught, this will likely be my last entry. Maybe i can get Unk to bring it to me in jail.

Epilogue

Wednesday, May 1

It’s Spencer again. Dak apparently took his gun over to some kid’s house after school Monday. He shot two of them before the third put him in a headlock. The third one didn’t let go until... I’ll just paste the article in the journal. Maybe in a couple days I’ll be able to transcribe it and say more here.

Saturday, May 4

The article was printed on the first. i’m only getting around to writing putting pen to paper so to speak now, after Dak’s funeral.

BUFORD, GA: Four young men from Buford died yesterday, April 30th. A single survivor told this reporter that (Name withheld, being a minor) arrived at a friend’s house with a rifle and started shooting. Deceased are Peter Black and Timothy Larssen, both 18. The shooter was the minor and is also deceased. His name cannot released due to his age. According to the police report, the fourth young man at the scene, Daniel Baltimore, 18, attempted to subdue the shooter. Although Baltimore was himself shot, he killed the shooter by breaking his neck.

In a related story, a fourth young man, James Paxler, succumbed Monday to injuries he received when being beaten and dragged into the woods near Bolding Mill Campground in Gainesville. Police indicated that before dying, Paxler implicated the three shooting victims in his beating. Police are investigating. No charges have been brought against Baltimore at this time.

Claire and I are devastated. Our son Louie is inconsolable. We had to admit him to the behavioral care unit at Northside Medical here in Buford. Hopefully he won’t need to be there very long. Dan Baltimore was finally charged with two counts of murder for Jamie and Dak’s deaths. It doesn’t lessen our grief.

I brought a copy of the journal pages to the high school. Maybe it can make a difference in some other child’s life if the school knows what goes on. We’ll be suing the school district. It also won’t lessen our grief, and whatever we win will be donated to the Abused Children’s Fund. We’re only suing to send a strong message to the school district.

Friday, May 17

The lawsuit was filed today. The school district has two weeks to respond.

Monday, May 20

That didn't take long. The school district doesn't want any bad publicity, so they want to settle for one-hundred-thousand dollars. I told them my nephew's and his friend's lives are worth more than that. If they want a battle, they messed with the wrong attorney.

Tuesday, May 28

They increased their offer. I told them to shove their five-hundred-thousand up their collective asses. See you in court losers.

Monday, August 26

Well, the trial started today. I laid into the school district pretty well about their tolerance for bullying. Eight of the jurors are parents. I just need to swing one of the others my way and Buford School District better have good insurance.

Tuesday, August 27

The jury has spoken. It was unanimous. They awarded us $250,000 in actual damages, and $2.25 million in punitive damages. Their lawyer came up to me afterward, begging for a settlement. I told him the 250 stays. Split the 2.25 million into thirds and he has a deal. He needed to bring that back to his bosses. I guess he was hoping for me to roll over easily. The only reason I'm willing to settle is, dragging this out through appeal after appeal isn't worth my time. Dak and Jamie's killer, Dan Baltimore, was shanked in prison last week and bled to death. Personally, I hope it took a good long time for him to die in pain.

Friday, August 30

They agreed. I have a check for $850,000 for the damages that will be going to the Abused Children’s Fund. I convinced the firm, since I was donating the proceeds, they cut their commission to 15%. I get $30,000, my share is 20% of what the firm gets. It only slightly overpaid for my time They get the $850,000 along with my $30,000, but I wasn't suing for me. The donation will be going in Dak and Jamie's names. I did it for them.

The End

So there is my first attempt at a journal-based story. I hope you all liked it. Well, at least with the first ending.

I have another project started, so keep an eye out for it. It’s called ‘The Boy on the Porch’ and is based on prompt #385.
*****
Now, my reasoning for two endings. I wrote this ending first, up to but not including the lawsuit being filed. Granted it wasn’t a dream-like ending, but it was a pretty dark piece. That’s when I decided to have a good ending as well. And since more folks like a HEA ending, I put that one first. I’m sure some of you have read most of my stuff and it can be dark and sad at times. I suppose I actually enjoy writing the dark pieces. Sicko that I am. 😇
Copyright © 2024 Lee Wilson; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Sad 11
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

1 hour ago, Lee Wilson said:

There’s an awesome song by a new favorite duo of mine that uses and brings this statement to life. Another “story” that is too close to the shit that’s happening in the world these days.

 

I heard of these guys but I had been unfamiliar with them thanks for sharing I have some YouTube stuff to listen to now

Oh and it doesn't hurt that Jack is a hottie but also is a legit musician unlike other past younger performers like the Backstreet Boys(Performers yes ,musicians I don't think so) But I will say Justin Timberlake composed some NSYNC songs so I'll give him credit for that

  • Love 5
Link to comment
1 hour ago, weinerdog said:

I heard of these guys but I had been unfamiliar with them thanks for sharing I have some YouTube stuff to listen to now

Oh and it doesn't hurt that Jack is a hottie but also is a legit musician unlike other past younger performers like the Backstreet Boys(Performers yes ,musicians I don't think so) But I will say Justin Timberlake composed some NSYNC songs so I'll give him credit for that

Nope, that doesn’t hurt at all. Being nineteen makes it okay to do whatever you like.

  • Love 5
Link to comment

It isn't so much the happily ever after; as just not needing another bleak ending to the actual constant new of another tragedy in the gay community.  At least he was able to kill two of the kids and the third probably spent most of the rest of his life in jail so some justice.

I don't mind this ending as much as I preferred the other.  You have to do what is true to yourself and the vision of the story.  That said, I just hate when hate wins.

  • Love 4
Link to comment
18 minutes ago, centexhairysub said:

It isn't so much the happily ever after; as just not needing another bleak ending to the actual constant new of another tragedy in the gay community.  At least he was able to kill two of the kids and the third probably spent most of the rest of his life in jail so some justice.

I don't mind this ending as much as I preferred the other.  You have to do what is true to yourself and the vision of the story.  That said, I just hate when hate wins.

Thanks for the feedback. Next one’s looking like a HEA ending.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Sherye Story Reader said:

That is a great ending. But thanks for the warning on the  extra end.

I didn’t feel like getting skewered again.

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..