Jump to content
    lilansui
    • Author
  • 5,956 Words
  • 2,731 Views
  • 21 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Blu Dream - 4. Chapter 4

Chapter 4

I regretted walking off that bus. For love, I probably should have kept sitting on that couch and when Milo asked me if my bags were packed I should have said yes, or made him stop by my apartment to get them. Instead, I’d taken a small folded paper and stuck it into my jeans, given him a chaste kiss on his jaw and walked out.

July ended without ceremony. I worked odd jobs in between interviews for a graphic design position. The job market was pretty stiff and I was afraid I might not get what I was looking for.

Tara on the other hand got lucky and landed a promotion at the hospital, her paycheck doubled. Good news for her, but it felt like a kick in the mouth for me. I’d refused to leave with Milo thinking she’d need my help. Now, it seemed as though he was right about me not having enough courage to take a chance.

With each day that passed, every part of me missed him. Four weeks of regret, of needing and wishing, what-ifs were a dangerous bedmate.

Walking out of another corner office, this time at the Colins & Higgins advertising firm on Main Street, I loosened my tie and hurried to the elevator craving fresh air and sunshine. The questions asked by Mr. Colins had been grueling, my answers mediocre and even though I had a solid portfolio, I was sure I’d failed the interview. Not enough enthusiasm, I suppose. I couldn’t be blamed; Milo seemed to have taken my zest for life when he’d left Colston.

That night, my shift at Wilson’s ended without problems. I worked from seven to closing time, which was just after one o’clock. I drove home sedately, strange but the relief that always hit me when I walked up the stairs to the apartment was missing. It had been missing for a while now.

I entered the apartment and stopped short when I saw Tara curled up on the couch laughing hard. She looked pretty in a short denim skirt and a sleeveless red top. Her long blonde hair fell down her shoulders in a silky cloud. She wasn’t alone on the couch.

Our next door neighbor, Neal Landry, sat on the couch beside my sister wearing a familiar expression. His eyes wide with awe, mouth slightly parted, he was clearly mesmerized. It pissed me off even though I liked the guy.

Neal was a math teacher at Colston high. Nice fellow, I grimaced closing the door behind me, when he wasn’t crashing on my sister.

“Hey,” Tara said smiling wide. “Did you eat?”

“I’m fine,” I looked at Neal, “hi, Mr. Landry.”

“Call me Neal,” he said with a friendly smile.

He was handsome in a bookish way; his brown hair was cut short to escape the summer heat. He usually wore it longer during the winter months; I remembered a brown riot of curls on his head. His hazel eyes were kind; they looked at me with slight apprehension, mixed in with slight defiance. He liked Tara enough to stand his ground. I admired him for that but I really wasn’t in the mood to be nice.

Tara cleared her throat and I turned to find her scowling at me. She clearly wanted me to leave them alone.

I gave Neal a tight smile and headed for my room with a short wave in Tara’s direction. I closed my bedroom door to the sound of a happy giggle from Tara. She was happy, I wasn’t.

Turning on the lights, I dumped my portfolio and suit on the overstuffed couch right by the door. I’d changed earlier at the bar into a t-shirt and jeans since a suit wasn’t really the best uniform for bartending. I sat down at my desk and found the paper Milo had given me that last day. I traced the number scribbled in blue with my index finger and I wondered if Milo had found a Colston pen for his collection. I’d vowed to give him the Colston pen, but that had completely slipped my mind that weekend.

I pulled out my cell phone from my front pocket of my jeans and punched in the numbers. When I was done, I sat staring at my phone like I’d done for weeks now. My finger hovered over the call button and I found that I simply couldn’t do it. I didn’t know what to say to him. I was afraid the moment I heard his voice, I was going to start begging him to come back.

Placing my phone on the desk carefully, I sighed and sat back in my chair. I’d turned into a stalker in the past month. I trolled through the internet haunting websites and blogs with news about Blu Dream.

The band was currently in Atlanta for two shows at the Georgia Dome. Milo’s voice continued to enthrall millions, but all that mattered to me was whether he’d found another man to intrigue him. There were rumors about a secret lover, and that Milo wasn’t going out with his band mates after concerts. The Blu Dream fans were convinced that he was staying at his hotel with his new lover. Each one of those rumors sent a deep dagger in my heart. Milo might have found someone else to fill my place, but I was still pining for him.

I rubbed my eyes to ease the ache forming behind them and forced myself to think of the future. I was better off planning for my next interview instead of dreaming and wishing for the impossible. Milo Kai was never going to be mine.

*~*~*~*

“Call him,” Kardis insisted after they’d unpacked ready for the Atlanta concerts. “Krista gave you his number, stop being a coward and just dial.”

“He’s not ready for me,” I said settling against the comfortable pillows on my bed.

My head was pounding again from all the travel. We’d driven all night to get to Atlanta and I hadn’t slept much. Closing my eyes, I wished Kardis would leave. I even hoped he’d get distracted by the many young women prowling the lobby hoping for a glimpse of Blu Dream’s members.

Cruel of me, I know, Kardis’s wife was a sweet little woman who’d managed to keep her cool through the madness brought on by fame. Melissa kept Kardis grounded; I’d never want him to cheat on her. I was jealous of their relationship. The same way I was jealous of Rob and his Isabella, the exotic beauty who couldn’t speak good English. She was a successful model who traveled as much as Rob did, and they managed to keep their relationship going.

Why was my dear Liron firmly entrenched in a city that I’d just discovered four weeks ago?

We would be so perfect for each other. I sighed when I remembered his green eyes staring at me when we’d first met in that hallway backstage. His eyes so wide, I’d fallen deep that first day.

Kardis called Liron an innocent, untouched. A smile tugged my lips. Liron was hardly untouched. I’d loved every moment we’d spend tangled in each other’s arms. He made me want to possess him, have him look at me forever with his beautiful wide green eyes. I was mad with wanting him.

“Fine, if you don’t call him, I will,” Kardis threatened.

I sat up gaping at my best friend. “Please-

“You’re not functioning. Work and sleep, work and sleep, when you can’t sleep more work, you’re fucking with everyone’s peace of mind.”

“It has to be his choice, Kardis,” I insisted.

Love was a bitch I didn’t mess with because I’d been down her road before. I’d gotten my heart broken for trusting too much, and not trusting enough. Meeting Kardis’s gaze, I sighed.

“You were right, Liron’s not like the others but, the moment you call him this stops being about me and him and instead it will turn into Liron and Blu Dream. He’s not dating you or Rob; I want him to want me.”

“Not every man is your ex,” Kardis countered with a sigh. “Declan was a user.”

“He cost me an obscene amount of money and a house in Maui to get rid of him.”

I’d loved Declan with all my heart. Thinking my feelings were reciprocated, I’d offered him everything; he’d rewarded me by cheating on me with a roadie. That was the one I’d trusted too much.

“Liron seems sensible. He paid his own way through school and he keeps it real,” Kardis said as though he were trying to sell Liron’s merits.

There was no need for the sales pitch. I wanted Liron in my life.

“He’s also living in Colston city, where his family is,” I told Kardis falling back on my pillows. “I don’t think I can make him leave them behind and come with me.”

Truth was I’d loved Colston. The beach, Liron’s handsome apartment, the bar we’d hang out after the concert that one night and the hotel room I’d never forget. Being with Liron, I closed my eyes remembering the feel of him against me. His slender body pliant against my much larger one, taking him, swallowing his heated gasps when he came; I turned on my side with a sigh. I took a pillow and hugged it tight.

I wanted him back in my bed.

“I’ll give him this week,” I told Kardis. “The moment we hit New York, I promise I’ll call him.”

“Are you sure?” Kardis asked coming around the bed to touch my shoulder. “You can always make the first move.”

“I did, he turned me down. He has to make the choice, Kardis. The same way Melissa did with you. Our lives are not so easy.”

Kardis squeezed my shoulder in understanding. “Fine, Milo. I’ll wait until we hit New York.”

*~*~*~*

“You’re scowling again, do you hate my cooking that much?” Dad asked from across the table.

I stared at the grilled chicken on my plate and stabbed the piece I’d cut off with my fork. Taking a bite, I put on a strained smile and directed it to my father. This was the third dinner in the space of two months. August was on its second week now.

Tara was determined we reconcile, but I firmly believed in baby steps towards any goal. Except job hunting, that I didn’t mind leaping with great strides. I still couldn’t forgive my dad for letting me down when I made my own career choices. He was doing his best to make up for it, but I’m a stubborn bastard.

Dad put his fork down and wiped his mouth with a napkin. He was older than I remembered, his hair graying at the temple, when I’d left, he’d had a healthy black mane, strange how things changed with time. He watched me with green sad eyes.

“Liron,” he started and I sighed knowing this was going to be another talk about forgiveness. “We don’t have to do this if it’s so hard for you.”

“Tara asked me to come, so I came.”

“You’ve always done what she asked of you.” He smiled fondly and my scowl must have deepened because he continued quickly. “It’s a good thing, Liron. At least there is still someone you trust in the family.”

“I trusted you too,” I said giving up on the food. It was delicious, but my appetite seemed to have flown out the window along with my patience. “Why the hell did you want to punish me for choosing to be a graphic designer? Why was it so important I become a doctor?”

“Liron-

“I’m really curious. If you tell me why, Dad, I swear, I’ll do my best to make this relationship work.”

“I didn’t mean for our disagreements to go so long,” Dad said quietly. “I thought you drove out of here to blow off steam and then you’d be back and we would talk. Instead, you never came back and I was too proud to look for you.”

“You told me to pay for my own college. I went out to sort myself.”

“I wanted what’s best for you.”

“Being a doctor wasn’t what I wanted, so it wasn’t best for me. You’d think you’d be more pissed about my coming out.”

“I was wrong, you were right. And I should have trusted the son I raised to make his own decisions. What you’ve managed to accomplish despite me is great, I’m proud of you.”

The words came out so easily, I wondered if he’d rehearsed them. Gazing at him across the dining table, his green eyes so similar to mine implored me to believe him. He meant his words. My resentment protested against my father’s simple disarmament strategy. Dad was giving me the apology I’d craved for four years without a fight.

“I need time,” I said grumpily.

“You can have it,” he said with a small smile. “Are you going to stop depositing checks in my bank now?”

He’d refused to cash them all. Gosh, he was so stubborn.

“Maybe you can use the money to go on that trip Tara keeps talking about. She said you got a ticket for a concert in New York?”

“I can’t, got a new job yesterday.” I was still surprised that Colins & Higgins had called me in for the position. It was low pay, hardly glamorous, but with hard work, I could be promoted within the next year. It was a start.

“That’s good news. Why aren’t you happy?”

I reached for the glass of wine he’d placed beside my plate and sipped. “I am happy. It’s a step in the right direction for my resume.”

Dad nodded in approval. He was pleased.

Sadly, I just felt…hollow, like that night after being with Lucas in the arena bathrooms. I hadn’t seen Lucas since the day we tore down the bunkers in the arena. He’d tried talking to me, but my head was so full of Milo, I had no space for anyone else. Since Milo, I hadn’t seen anyone. It didn’t seem right somehow.

I left Dad’s after dinner and got home at around ten o’clock to find Tara at the kitchen table paying August bills.

“How was dinner?” she asked when I opened the fridge.

“It went okay,” I said taking out a can of soda. I popped it open and joined her on the table. “We’re probably going to have a few more awkward dinners before we can go back to normal, Tara. I’m trying.”

“That’s all I ask.” She signed a check and attached it to the electricity bill.

“How much do you need from me?” I asked. My bank account was moderately healthy, although I wasn’t planning vacations just yet.

“Nothing, I still have the check you gave me two weeks ago. Save your money until your new job pays you.” Tara glanced at me after a moment before she said quietly. “Are you alright? You’ve been acting weird lately.”

“Weird?” I smiled at her and wrinkled my nose. “What does that mean, Tara?”

“It means you haven’t been out partying for almost a month. Your friends have been calling, Tim and Van, they say you didn’t show up for Van’s birthday party last weekend. Should I be worried?”

“No.”

There wasn’t much to celebrate these days. My hand slipped into my jeans pocket and I pulled out the worn out paper Milo had given me. I’d caught myself dialing the numbers so many times now. Shaking my head, I looked up to find Tara watching me.

“Okay, something is bothering you.” Tara leaned on the table and narrowed her eyes. “What’s going on?”

I stared at the number for a moment before I gave in.

“I met someone when I was working at the arena.”

“Is it serious?” Tara’s eyes lit up with promise of romance. “Do I know him?”

“Kinda,” I hesitated before I met her gaze. “It’s Milo Kai.”

Tara burst out laughing. I thought she was going to fall off her chair. And the tears in her eyes-

“Hey, I’m serious here.”

“Yeah, and I’m dating Usher.” She pulled napkins from a holder on the table and wiped her eyes. “Liron, you don’t have to tell me his name. I’m happy for you either way.”

“I am telling you the truth.” I glared irritated by her laugh. This was important to me, I needed-, I wanted- What the hell did I want? “I need you to listen, because I think I made a mistake.”

“A mistake,” Tara frowned sobering up. “Are you being serious?”

“Tara-

“Jeez, Milo Kai?” she asked in disbelief. “Why couldn’t it be someone from around here, someone realistic?”

“I think I love him.” Placing the paper on the table, I ran a hand through my hair and sighed. “Sounds insane but I haven’t been able to think about anyone else since he left.”

“You’re serious. Jeez, Liron,” Tara said her voice dripping with sympathy. Yeah, that pity thing she did so well pissed me off. Obviously, she didn’t think me and Milo had any hope of making it. “The card you showed me, did you get it from Milo?”

“Kardis and Rob told me to show up for the band’s final concert in New York.” I shrugged. “It’s in two weeks; don’t know if I can leave my job so quickly.”

“You’re right, this is insane.”

“Why?”

She grinned at me. “If it were me, I’d leave you right here, Liron.”

How touching, I shook my head. “Then I should have gone with Milo when he asked me to go on tour with him.”

“He asked you to what now!” Tara’s eyes were wider than I’d ever seen them. The pity was gone; she wanted to take my head off. “Milo Kai asked you to go on tour with him and you’re sitting here because…

“I didn’t want to leave you in the lurch. We do pay rent and bills here. Jeez, Tara, I live in realityville.”

“Well, I’m booting you out of the island, kiddo. Have I taught you nothing?” Tara demanded.

“What are you talking about?”

“I wish Neal would catch on and get serious. We’ve been dating forever. You meet a rock star, and he asks you to commit; I’m assuming you two did more than talk.” Tara glanced at me expectantly and I blushed.

“Ha, that good,” she said with wide eyes. “Was it kinky and hot or a slow burn?”

“Burning fire, scotching the sheets hot,” I supplied with a wide grin. “I can still feel him on me.”

“Okay, you’re an idiot.” Tara declared sitting back in her seat.

I dropped my head in my hands and groaned. “I don’t know what to do. What if it was a fluke…maybe just one of those things that don’t work?”

I glanced up to find Tara frowning at me. “That’s not the reason you didn’t go.”

“What?”

“You’re feeling obligated to stay here with me, because of the bills and Dad.” Tara touched the electric bill. “Honey, I lived alone before you moved in.”

“So, I live with you now. We look after each other.”

“Yes, we do.” Tara reached for my hand and held it tight. “And because we look out for each other, I think we should get you to New York for that concert.”

“Tara-

“No, one of us has to follow love and it’s definitely not going to be me. My love life is practically next door. So,” she squeezed my fingers gently, “go find him.”

“What about my job?”

“The concert is on a Friday night. You’re off during the weekend. Go, see Milo, if things don’t work out, you’ll come back on Sunday and go on with your life.”

Go on with my life, I thought with a frown. As it was, I was anticipating days in an office, stuck in Colston may be forever. Milo’s parting words filled my head and I suddenly wanted more than a dull office job.

I wanted Milo and I to work out. When I saw Milo again, I didn’t want to let him go. I drew my hand away from Tara and reached for the note Milo had given me.

I smiled at Tara and stood up. Walking around the table, I leaned to press a kiss on top of Tara’s head before I hurried to my room to make that call.

*~*~*~*

“Liron,” Milo’s voice washed over me and my heart hammered in my chest, I was afraid I might be getting a heart attack.

Leaning on my bedroom door, I closed my eyes and managed, “Milo.”

“I miss you,” Milo said and I smiled. “Why did it take you so long to call me?”

I swallowed the huge lump in my throat. “I wasn’t sure you’d want to hear from me. I let you go-

“That doesn’t matter,” Milo cut in quickly. “I was being ridiculous. You have a life in Colston; of course you had to stay.”

“You’re not mad?”

“Why would I be?” Milo asked his voice soothing parts of me I hadn’t realized were aching. “Do you miss me?”

“Every day since you left, I wish I’d said yes to you.”

There was a short silence then Milo cleared his throat. “How is your sister?”

“She’s fine, a little upset with me.”

“Why?” Milo asked genuinely concerned.

“I told her about you and she thinks I should have left with you.” I slid down the door to sit on the floor. “She told me if you’d asked her, she’d have gone in a heartbeat.”

Milo laughed, the happy sound wrapping tight strings around my heart. “Why she’s a girl after my heart, Liron.”

“I thought you might say that.” I leaned my head back and confessed. “I got a job yesterday.”

Silence followed my quiet confession, and then Milo asked. “So, you’re going to be a graphic designer in Colston?” He didn’t allow me to answer because he said with a strained voice, “Congratulations.”

I didn’t want his congratulations. I wanted his protests, the ones I’d heard so easily when we’d been lying in a bed together. The rumors I’d read about filled my thoughts and I choked out.

“Thank you.”

“You don’t sound happy,” Milo said.

“You do,” I retaliated.

“Only because it’s what you want. Your sister will be happy; you’ll help her pay rent and stuff.”

“Milo,” I didn’t feel like talking about the merits of my new job. I’d called to find out if he still cared and this conversation wasn’t helping me. “How’s your tour?”

“We’re in Boston getting ready to go to New York. Rob got mauled in the parking lot yesterday. I keep telling him to stop sneaking out for walks without a bodyguard.”

“Is he alright?”

“Security helped him, but he lost a shoe and his favorite jacket to very persistent women. Other than that, his ego is pretty good.”

I laughed. “What about Kardis, any hangover drama?”

“No, he’s been hounding the caterers for fresh fruits and juice since Colston. For some reason the health wagon has hit the Blu Dream tour. I blame you.”

“What about you?” I asked shyly. I was dying to know if the rumors were true. Who this secret lover was and why Milo was-

“I miss you, Liron.” Milo interrupted my wild imagination. “I wanted to show you Boston, is it possible to convince you to get on a plane right now?”

I closed my eyes. “Milo-

“I know your sense of responsibility is my worst enemy. Would it shock you to know I resent your sister right now?”

A smile tugged at my lips for a second. “I resent your fame right now.”

“Why?”

“Because,” I said grudgingly. “Are you- I mean- Did you replace me?”

“Replace?” Milo chuckled and my cock hardened in my pants. “Define ‘replace’, Liron.”

I scowled at the ceiling. What did he mean define ‘replace’? “Are you fucking some guy?”

Milo laughed. “Are you jealous?”

I pulled the phone away from my ear and hit the end button. No way was I going to be the idiot-

My cell phone rang, the opening strains of kaleidoscope filling my bedroom. I answered it with a huff.

“What?” I asked.

“There is no one. Do you believe me?”

Hard to believe with all the rumors flying out of that tour, I sighed.

“Liron-,” Milo prompted his tone hard to ignore.

“I believe you.” I was surprised by the truth in my answer. I really did believe him.

“What about you?” he demanded severely. His question made me all warm inside, glad to know he cared.

“No one for me too,” I told him quickly. I doubted there would be any time soon. Milo had taken over every wet dream I’d had since he’d left and invaded my waking moments too. I missed him in more ways than I could define.

“A cold shower isn’t going to do it forever, Liron,” Milo said bluntly. “We have to find a solution. I need you. Do you want me to talk to your sister for you-?

“No need to do that,” I protested.

“Do you have to work in Colston?” Milo demanded. “I’m pretty sure there are companies you can freelance for. I’m not without means to help you if you decided to join me.”

“What do you do when you’re not on tour?” I asked before he launched into another offer to solve my problems.

“I have an apartment in New York, I stay there when I’m working but when I have off, I stay in my house London. I share my time between the two houses.”

Country hopping was probably like taking a shower for him. “Where will you be staying after the Kaleidoscope tour?”

Milo fell silent and I felt a sense of foreboding before he answered. “Blu Dream’s heading to Europe for another tour.”

I was crazy to even think this could work. When would we have time to learn about each other? Between the travel, and not seeing each other, if I abandoned my job in Colston to go after him, I’d turn into just another roadie. If he was in Europe, I’d be stuck waiting for him without a job here in Colston.

“Liron, stop thinking right now,” he ordered. “I don’t want you imagining the worst. This can work if we put a little effort into it.”

“Maybe for a night,” I told him truthfully. “I can show up for your concert in New York, but then I’ll have to come back home.”

“Are you losing your courage?” he asked.

“I just don’t want to put my hopes up and then-

“Don't think like that,” Milo cut me off. “If you show up at MSG, I’ll make sure you see that, Liron.”

I wiped a hand down my face and thought about Tara’s advice. Love, I was going to New York to chase after love. I didn’t want to be the idiot who ignored an invitation twice and lived with what-ifs.

“I’ll be there.” I promised him.

*~*~*~*

Not too many have the courage to leap off the edge, Liron.

Milo’s words to me the day he’d left Colston. I walked slowly toward the backstage entrance at the Madison square Garden. The arena was already filling with fans ready for the last of the Blu Dream Kaleidoscope concerts.

I held the card Rob and Kardis had given me in my sweaty palms. Water rolled in the depths of my stomach, caught on the fine edge between excitement and anxiety; I was making my choice tonight.

Like many of my choices, I’d continually asked a dozen times last night. What if I was wrong? I’d asked that question a dozen times when I’d packed a suitcase unusually large for a three day weekend.

Handing over the card to the two burly security men guarding the entrance with forbidding expressions, I took in a deep breath. Milo was a few feet away. They took longer to run the card, a jolt of fear went through me at the idea that I might not get to enter. I tried not to shake thinking what a let down that would be. A wide sigh escaped when the security men smiled at me and waved me in.

A young woman dressed in black slacks, and a t-shirt that read Blu Dream/Kaleidoscope in the back led me to Milo’s dressing room. She turned to smile at me.

“You look so nervous,” she noted. “He doesn’t bite.”

I gave a smile thinking she was wrong. He did bite, with the right motivation, I bit back my laugh. The nerves wouldn’t let up. What if I was wrong? I thought again.

I’d talked to Milo every day and night for the past two weeks. Once I’d made that call, I hadn’t been able to stop. Sharing every bit of my day with him had seemed imperative, when he’d done the same; a spark had ignited something I didn’t understand inside me.

We could talk about minute issues like me walking through a Walmart and getting lost in the auto parts section. He’d tricked me into confessing that I did also get lost in the fabric softener section when buying detergent, there were some heady scents in those bottles. Then there was the night we’d discussed my playlist and I realized he’d taken my ipod with him. In a moment of weakness, lulled by his voice in my ear, I’d told him of my slight obsession with Blu Dream’s music. His delighted chuckle played through my head when every time I was alone.

Last night, Milo had told me about his ex-boyfriend, Declan. Milo had paid off the entire Blu Dream crew never to talk about him. I’d asked why, he’d said it was because Declan had betrayed him.

“I loved him, and he threw it in my face.” Milo confessed quietly. Irrational anger had filled me; I’d gotten this crazy urge to find this Declan and punch him bloody.

“I understand your hesitation to be with me, Liron,” Milo had said last night. “Love comes easy, but trust is harder, I know.”

He’d gotten me thinking last night after we ended our call.

Did I hesitate because of trust?

No. Fear; that was my reason, I was afraid to believe a man like Milo Kai could look at me with love. Crazy thinking when I’d been in his arms, felt him inside me, watched him touch me and I him with burning passion that had scorched us both.

Love, I’d thought with a sigh. I’d never experienced it. Not with a man, the way I dreamed it should be.

With family, yes, I understood that intense sense of loyalty to kin; for Tara and even my father but never romantic love.

The young woman knocked on Milo’s dressing room; I stared at his name printed carefully on the paper stuck on his door. She opened the door and led me into a bright lounge with white couches, armchairs and glass stools, a desert landscape was painted on the walls, garnished with white lilies and green leaves. Milo sat at a white desk that faced the wall scribbling in his notebook.

He glanced up and looked in the mirror a frown on his face at the intrusion. My heart skipped, when he saw me and his face brightened with excitement.

Yeah, maybe I did know what love was.

“Liron,” he exclaimed dropping his pen on the table and standing up so quickly he almost tipped his chair over.

I grinned and before the door closed behind the woman who’d escorted me in, I was wrapped in a tight embrace. My face buried in his shoulder, eyes closed as I took in his sweet delicious scent.

I knew love, I thought, as a powerful clawing need filled me. It was this physical urge to see his face every waking hour of my days and feeling half dead at the idea of never seeing him again.

Milo squeezed me against his pristine black shirt and I held on to his shoulders when he turned us with an ecstatic moan.

“You came,” he said his fingers combing through my hair as he leaned to press a kiss on my jaw. “I didn’t think you’d make it.”

“I promised.” My heart flipped over when he laughed in delight.

“I’m so happy to see you.” He hugged me again and I held on feeling starved for him.

Every cell in my body danced in joy, rejoicing at the sound of his laugh, the same voice I loved to hear sing and talk to me. This had to be love, and I would be a fool to ever let go.

I pulled back to look into his eyes. The small separation was too much and in the next second, I’d closed our distance, my lips fused against his, my fists clumped in his hair as we kissed. I moaned when his arms ran down my back, my fingers tightened in his hair. We kissed hungrily, barely pausing to breathe. I was certain in that moment that I would never let him go. I kissed him with desperation, and need, taking what I’d missed for two months, giving him back just as much. I held on to him, the spark inside me growing into a wild fire that consumed us forever.

*~*~*~*

I know you smile at that word ‘forever’, but I don’t have another word to describe my life with Milo. The past four years have made me believe in that word, forever. I'm know now that my choice was the right one. I’d imagine you wonder if I ever returned to Colston city. I was born there, lived there, fell in love there, and of course my family still remains in Colston, so yes, I do go back to visit. Quite a lot now that I think about it.

Tara and Neal live together now, she’d moved into his apartment two months after I left Colston. We always end up at Dad’s house for the holidays. It’s always a treat to watch Milo working with my sister in the kitchen to make Christmas dinner. The first time he’d helped Tara baste the turkey, she’d almost hyperventilated. We teased her about it every holiday.

As for my career, I work with Blu Dream’s marketing team creating album covers and tour themes with Milo, Kardis and Rob. When I’m not working with Blu Dream, I do freelance work for other artists and institutions. I get to work from home or whatever city I might find myself traveling with Milo, which brings me back to us.

Seems like all I ever wanted in life was to wake up next to Milo and have him kiss me like we weren’t ever going to see each other again. He doesn’t collect pens anymore, instead he writes me postcards. Each city we go to, I find one tucked in my diary signed by Milo, I’ve amassed quite a lot of them in the past four years. I have boxes of them in the attic in our London home. Each card too precious for me to throw away.

I jumped off the ledge, and Milo caught me tight, enveloping me with his heart and everything we are today. Turning on our bed, smiling at the sight of Milo deep asleep, I brush hair out of his eyes and lean to kiss him. He caught me and became my happy ending.

*~*~*~*

Fin

That's it folks! A lot of struggling with that ending...lol...but ultimately, that's all for Milo and Liron.  I hope you like this impromptu story of mine and thank you so much for the reviews that have come with it.  Until the next time.
Love,:wub:
Sui.
2013, lilansui
  • Like 26
  • Love 8
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

All too short and hated to see it end. But loved your story. Love romantic stories with happy endings. Look forward to reading more of your stories.

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Beautiful love story. Liron's dad walked away not because of his sexuality but because he couldn't get his way. Liron paid his way his way thru school and gave up a chance of love rather than do the same thing. Thankfully he woke up and grabbed what he wanted. I always enjoy your stories. Look forward to your next story.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

I wouldn't have guessed you struggled with the ending. I think that all in all, it was well done. I'm sure all of us would have liked the story to go on, of course. :boy: But, I think you If you ever decide to work on it and maybe post it elsewhere or something, then the only thing I would point out is that he told Liron that he would show him it wasn't a mistake to come and he'd prove it, but we didn't see that. Maybe an announcement or a dedication on stage. Something that was a big enough to fill his promise.

Enjoyed it a lot and look forward to your next work.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

I agree w/Quiet man - this wonderful story was too short.

 

Fantastic story, Sui. I can't say enough wonderful things about it. I could just read about Liron and Milo forever and be happy. :2thumbs:

 

Maybe they'll be a sequel in their future? (hint, hint) :)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 06/28/2013 02:20 AM, Quiet man said:
All too short and hated to see it end. But loved your story. Love romantic stories with happy endings. Look forward to reading more of your stories.
Thank you so much Quietman.
  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 06/28/2013 05:20 AM, Daithi said:
Beautiful love story. Liron's dad walked away not because of his sexuality but because he couldn't get his way. Liron paid his way his way thru school and gave up a chance of love rather than do the same thing. Thankfully he woke up and grabbed what he wanted. I always enjoy your stories. Look forward to your next story.
Thanks Daithi, I'm glad you loved this one too.
  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 06/28/2013 10:01 AM, vinnyvin said:
Love your optimistic, wrapped-just-enough endings!! <3 Thanks for another lovely story C:
Thank you vinnyvin, for reading and reviewing.
  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 06/29/2013 03:23 AM, Cannd said:
I wouldn't have guessed you struggled with the ending. I think that all in all, it was well done. I'm sure all of us would have liked the story to go on, of course. :boy: But, I think you If you ever decide to work on it and maybe post it elsewhere or something, then the only thing I would point out is that he told Liron that he would show him it wasn't a mistake to come and he'd prove it, but we didn't see that. Maybe an announcement or a dedication on stage. Something that was a big enough to fill his promise.

Enjoyed it a lot and look forward to your next work.

Thank you Cannd, I'll definitely work on that last gesture for Milo and Liron and update this chapter. Thank you so much for your insight, and your reviews, I love reading them. Thank you again.
  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 07/01/2013 03:42 AM, Lisa said:
I agree w/Quiet man - this wonderful story was too short.

 

Fantastic story, Sui. I can't say enough wonderful things about it. I could just read about Liron and Milo forever and be happy. :2thumbs:

 

Maybe they'll be a sequel in their future? (hint, hint) :)

:) thank you Lisa, you made my day, I'll definitely see if there's more Liron and Milo in my head somewhere, for your reviews as always :hug: Thanks.
  • Like 2
Link to comment

Oh my god. This is such an amazing story. I like how despite the length of the story, you brought out the flaws in the main characters- Liron's fear, Milo's possessiveness. All backed up by some past experiences. This added depth to the story. And the chemistry between the two was sizzling. I loved every word of it.

 

By the way, you said that you struggled with the story. Believe me, you did a very fine job with that. It's very well done. Thanks for sharing this amazing story. :)

  • Like 2
Link to comment

oh gosh I so loved this chapter. I wish there would have been more chapters to read. but on the other way I think you ended this story at the right place and time. the end was so romantic just the way i love it and the one thing i loved about this story was that it was without any heavy drama and villains like a wave of fresh air. I loved it sui. thanks for sharing it with us.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 07/07/2013 10:13 PM, Ieshwar said:
Oh my god. This is such an amazing story. I like how despite the length of the story, you brought out the flaws in the main characters- Liron's fear, Milo's possessiveness. All backed up by some past experiences. This added depth to the story. And the chemistry between the two was sizzling. I loved every word of it.

 

By the way, you said that you struggled with the story. Believe me, you did a very fine job with that. It's very well done. Thanks for sharing this amazing story. :)

Leshwar, Thanks so much, :) I'm so happy you loved this story of mine. Yeah, I think there was so much I could have added in and so much I could have left out, but it worked out in the end. I'm so grateful for the positive response to Blu Dream and your remarks, they give me a different perspective and most of all, I'm happy to see you voice the end result I was going for. So thank you again for the review and I hope to post another short soon. ;)
  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 07/10/2013 03:10 AM, sacredlove said:
oh gosh I so loved this chapter. I wish there would have been more chapters to read. but on the other way I think you ended this story at the right place and time. the end was so romantic just the way i love it and the one thing i loved about this story was that it was without any heavy drama and villains like a wave of fresh air. I loved it sui. thanks for sharing it with us.
You nailed it Sacred, this story came so fast for me, no underlying villains coming to bite the main character when he least expects it, just life and decisions. I'm happy you loved the ending it was my pleasure to share and thank you so much for your enthusiastic reviews. I loved them. Cheers.
  • Like 2
Link to comment

Loved your story. Light romantic touch with realistic characterization. Liron and Milo (Where do you find these exotic names?) were so very likable and touchable and the story so improbably probable. Though it left me going to bed with a deep ache in my heart for the same thing which made me rather sad. Thank you for writing and posting.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 09/15/2013 01:39 PM, Jaro_423 said:
Loved your story. Light romantic touch with realistic characterization. Liron and Milo (Where do you find these exotic names?) were so very likable and touchable and the story so improbably probable. Though it left me going to bed with a deep ache in my heart for the same thing which made me rather sad. Thank you for writing and posting.
Thank you so much, Jaro. I'm happy my story touched you, that means so much to me.
  • Like 1
Link to comment

Really love this story :worship: Liron and Milo are such a sweet and loving couple and I´m glad you gave them a happy ending :wub:

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 10/14/2013 04:39 AM, Suvitar said:
Really love this story :worship: Liron and Milo are such a sweet and loving couple and I´m glad you gave them a happy ending :wub:

I had so much fun writing for them, I think Liron was too cute...:) Thanks for reading, Suvitar.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 02/09/2016 05:25 AM, bubby1234 said:

one of the best i have been privileged to read,10/10,just fantastic,thank you so much.

***Happy Dance *** thank you so much, I'm glad to write it..It's an absolute pleasure when some one reads and loves it. So, thank you.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

I'm pleased Liron finally saw what he needed to do, both in relation to his dad and to Milo. His sister helped too, as I expected she would. I'm glad they found love of the forever kind. :wub:

  • Like 3
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..