Jump to content
    lilansui
    • Author
  • 5,784 Words
  • 1,859 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

You Make Me...Angry - 3. Chapter 3

3. The Personal Assistant – Han Jinho

“Jae.”

A strong hand shook him awake and he groaned in protest loath to lose his peaceful sleep.

“Wake the fuck up. Shit, look at this mess. What did you bath in booze?”

“Please go away,” he mumbled, snuggling deeper into his pillow.

“Wake up, Jae,” Harry Yoon said shaking him again. “We need to talk.”

Harry stopped shaking him. Jae hoped Harry had given up. The next second, loud blaring music filled the room and the curtains opened. The sun filled the room with light. Jae cursed under his breath and sat up. He pushed his hair back and glared at Harry who stood at the foot of his bed with his arms crossed. Gods, the music was so loud. It grated his nerves, adding to the throbbing headache he was nursing.

Closing his eyes, Jae said, “Last I checked this was my house. Please go away, Harry.”

“The world is imploding out there. What were you thinking last night? Getting drunk, dragging So Jin to a club, do you know how many photos people took?”

Jae sighed and lay back on his pillows. He’d expected Harry might get mad, but whatever. This was his life. He could live how he wanted.

“I don’t think anyone cares what I do on my spare time.”

“Wrong,” Harry said, anger making his voice tremble. “What you do affects Junghee and Andre too. Everyone wonders if Junghee was with you, or Andre. You understand the company making the drama can’t afford a scandal. Junghee doesn’t need the stress of justifying your behavior.”

“It was one night out!” Jae sat up to meet Harry’s gaze. “One night, and I went out with my sister!”

Harry threw a paper at him and Jae picked it up to read the headline. The newspaper had his picture plastered on the front page. The headline read, ‘Kim Jaehan cheats on his Girlfriend.’

Jae laughed.

“What’s funny?” Harry demanded. “There is a center page spread in there, pictures of you getting drunk, hanging on to strange women. You might have gone out with So Jin, but you were caught on camera with dozens of women. They’re kissing and wrapping their arms around you. Damn Jae, most articles in the papers this morning are in sympathy for your poor girlfriend who couldn’t control you. She apparently has to share.”

Jae sighed and pushed the paper to the floor. “I don’t understand why you’re yelling at me, Harry. You know the papers are wrong since So Jin is my sister. If you want to correct them, all you have to do is release a statement. But we both know you won’t,” Jae smiled. “It’s better this way right? That they keep thinking I have a girlfriend?”

Harry’s eyes looked like they’d throw fireballs at him. The graying dark hair was standing on edge; Dan was teaching Harry his hairstyle.

“Your behavior will hurt someone we both care about,” Harry said the expression on his face one of disgust. Seeing it, Jae felt hot anger sweep through him.

“Dan works non-stop to protect you. When you’re on tour, he’s in the office, when you’re home, he checks your schedule everyday, just to make sure you’ll be fine. Look what you give him in return, Jae. This is now a problem we have to solve.”

Jae closed his eyes because the tirade was familiar. Harry was Dan’s personal champion.

Harry sighed. “Get a shower; we have to counter negative press.”

“I can’t get on national television to make a statement,” Jae snapped.

“Just get up,” Harry pointed to the bathroom. “You’re not the only one in trouble for this. Your unwanted press is affecting Junghee’s drama production. You need to start making amends.”

Jae sighed and pushed the sheets away. “It was just one night…”

“You know better than that, Jae,” Harry said shaking his head as he left his bedroom.

Jae’s gaze lingered over Dan’s unused side of the bed. It always felt so empty when Dan was gone. More so now, he thought as he touched the unused pillow.

****

Two days later, Harry Yoon studied the pictures on his desk. They were Junghee’s still shots from the drama production. The drama stylist had changed Junghee’s hair from the red he preferred to a more conservative dark brown. It gave Junghee a dashing look; fresh and young, it suited Junghee’s role perfectly.

A knock on his door had Harry glancing up. He held back a sigh when he saw Jade Entertainment’s head of security walk in carrying a brown envelope.

“More photos,” Jake Won said handing the envelope to Harry. “They were dropped by a delivery service. Our perp is careful. We couldn’t trace the origin. The payments were anonymous. I have someone following the money, but it won’t take us anywhere.”

Harry moved Junghee’s still shots aside and opened the brown envelope. This time there were only ten photos. Five taken at the music video shoot, Harry couldn’t help the frown when he saw two pictures of Jae changing in his dressing room.

“He was part of the music video crew,” Harry said, “He’d have needed a pass to get this close.”

Jake got his phone out and dialed his assistant. “Check the list we have on the Bravely Video Shoot staff.”

Ending the call, Jake nodded to the second batch of photographs. “Those are strange. The location is not one of Jaehan’s normal haunts.”

Harry picked up a photograph of Jaehan studying a dirty pinkish wall. The contrast was astounding. Jaehan pristine in neat grey slacks and white shirt, his hair held back, standing in a dirty hall staring at the ugliest wall Harry had ever seen.

Yet Jaehan managed to look comfortable in the setting.

“This bastard should join our PR team,” Harry said with a scoff. “If only he weren’t so messed up.”

“Are you sure it’s a he?” Jake asked.

Harry frowned; he’d just assumed it was a man.

“It could be a she,” Jake said with amusement. “We’ve stopped dozens of crazy girls this past month trying to get into Rebellion’s personal properties. This could be one of them who have gone a step further.”

Harry picked up a photograph of Jaehan talking to a man in a neat suit.

“Whoever it is, man or woman, should be found soon,” Harry said pointing at the picture. “Find this guy; ask him if he noticed anything at the scene.”

“Have you told Kim Jaehan?” Jake asked. “This would get easier if we could ask him questions too.”

Harry dropped the photographs on his desk and sat back. He’d hoped Dan would tell Jae but that hadn’t happened. He couldn’t be the one to break trust here. He and Jae were already on shaky ground after the disaster with the nightclub two days ago.

“I’ll take care of it,” Harry said, thinking he needed to push Dan to talk to Jae. “Find that man. He is Jae’s business manager. I’m sure he must have noticed something.”

Jake nodded and started to leave his office.

“Jake, will you work with Jaehan’s bodyguard to increase security on him?”

“Sure, but that gets hard if Jaehan doesn’t know, Harry,” Jake reminded him.

“Right,” Harry sighed. Glancing down at the photos on his desk, he frowned, “wasn’t there a note?”

“Not this time,” Jake said and left his office with a short wave.

Picking up the photo with Jae in his dressing room, Harry touched the tattoo on Jae’s shoulder. Urges he fought to squelch on a daily basis rose to the surface. Jae had an elegant back, Harry found himself wondering what it would feel like to trace a finger along Jae’s backbone. Would Jae lean into his touch, maybe gasp in pleasure…?

Harry slammed the photograph on his desk and forced his thoughts away from the edge. Jae wasn’t his to have, never would be.

“Sir?”

He looked up to find his secretary standing at the door.

“What is it?” he asked clearing his throat.

“Han Jinho is here.”

Harry sighed and started gathering the photographs on his desk. “Let him in, and Hyori, make sure Jaehan is still in the building.”

She nodded and hurried out to get his visitor.

***

Han Jinho shivered as he stood before Harry Yoon, Rebellion’s head manager. The man was hard to read. Jinho clenched his fists tight, hoping to calm his nerves.

“Your resume looks good, a lot of experience,” Harry said then put his papers aside. “You look great on paper.”

Jinho smiled and bowed his head slightly. “Thank you, Sir.”

“Why did you apply for the job?” Harry asked.

Jinho cleared his throat. “I love Rebellion.”

Harry lifted his brow. “I’m going to need more than that. You’re not going to be assisting Rebellion, but one member in Rebellion.”

Harry reached for a stack of entertainment newspapers on the corner of his desk. He held up one pointing to the picture plastered on the front page. Kim Jaehan was kissing an unknown woman at a popular club.

“You’ll be working with the most difficult one in the group. Your job is to make sure these types of stories don’t see the light of day.”

Jinho took in a deep breath. “I’ve worked in three different entertainment companies in the past five years. My job was assisting different artists with their daily schedules. I handled every aspect of their lives from meals, clothing to schedule coordination. I can keep up with the grueling hours the members of the band keep.”

“Are you willing to tell me if the member in question is about to make an unwise decision?”

Jinho stared at the picture on the paper on Harry’s desk. “Mr. Yoon, it’s not easy to work with an artist if you’re also the enemy. The best I can do if you hire me, is to ensure that scandals don’t surprise you. I’ll do my best to deflect them.”

Harry chuckled and sat back in his chair. “You haven’t met Kim Jaehan. He’ll try your patience.”

“I’d love the challenge sir,” Jinho said. “I really need the job, Mr. Yoon.”

“How did you hear about the job?”

Jinho was well aware jobs like these weren’t advertised. If he hadn’t been working at the Rebellion music video shoot, he’d never have known. Thank goodness, the props team had big mouths.

“I’m working with them at the bravely music video shoot,” Jinho said. “A lady in the Jade Entertainment staff told me. She thought I’d fit in.”

“I’m looking for a persistent individual, Jinho. Someone Jaehan can’t push around,” Harry smiled. “Do you think you’re that person?”

Jinho took in a deep breath and nodded. “Yes, Sir, he said.

“If I take you to Kim Jaehan right now, are you positive you’ll stand up to him?” Harry asked.

Jinho’s stomach dipped at the prospect of standing before Jaehan, the Kim Jaehan, God help him.

“Uhm…” Jinho frowned. “I’ll do my best, Sir.”

Harry chuckled. “Well, at least you’re honest. Everyone else eagerly answers yes.”

Jinho breathed out in relief but it was short lived when Harry stood and took a black leather folder from the corner of his desk.

Was the interview over?

Reaching for Jinho’s resume, Harry read it once more, before he put it aside and reached for the phone on his desk. He talked quietly into the handset, and when he ended the call, Jinho was ready to fall with anxiety.

“Your personal details are with our security team. They ran a check on you, before I called you in. Seems you’re cleared, your references checked out,” Harry said. “Come on, follow me.”

Harry walked around his desk and headed to the door. Jinho followed feeling like a fish out of water.

Did he have the job?

“Rebellion is currently in studio,” Harry said as they left his office and headed to the elevator banks. Harry hit a button and the doors opened immediately.

Jinho entered the elevator after the older man.

“Jaehan is working in the studio with Andre, while Junghee is busy doing a drama off-site. They work long hours. Jaehan is acting producer of the band’s new album. In between that, Jade Entertainment is running different campaigns for each member to keep the band visible. That means Jaehan has a full schedule on top of the music production. You’ll work on a two week-probation period. If you feel you can’t make it by then, let me know.”

Jinho felt excitement sing through his veins as the elevator headed to the fifth floor. He had the job!

“Junghee and Andre already have assistants, you’ll coordinate with them when needed, but you’re working under me. That means you report problems to me and not Jaehan,” Harry said.

Jinho nodded in understanding, excitement building at the thought of working with Rebellion.

“Jaehan is a handful, but he’s the most responsible. When it comes to work, you’ll have no problem with him. In fact, you’ll find yourself urging him to take a break. However, personal issues are a different matter.” Harry shook his head. The elevator doors opened at the fifth floor and they got out.

Harry led the way down a long corridor to a pair of double doors. They opened into a comfortable living area, furnished with comfortable couches, desks and chairs. The glass coffee table was laden with music sheets, books, empty energy drink cans and discarded papers.

“If you call the service crew, they’ll get that cleared for you. Rebellion members love neatness, but they seem to have been born with the opposite gene.”

Harry winked at him and Jinho laughed.

There was a second door that Harry opened leading into a huge studio, with a recording room beyond.

Jinho felt his breath catch when he saw Jaehan seated at one of the office chairs. He was making notes on music sheets spread out on the soundboard.

“Jae,” Harry said.

Jaehan looked up, a frown creasing his forehead. His hair was held in a haphazard ponytail, wisps of it escaping to frame his face. Jinho let out a breath thinking no man was allowed to look that handsome. Light brown eyes skated over him, dismissing him, they returned to the music sheets.

“What’s wrong, Harry?” Jae asked.

“I brought you a personal assistant,” Harry said, his voice filled with inexplicable cheer. “He’ll look after you where I can’t.”

“What game are you playing now?” Jae asked looking up from his music sheets. He turned his chair so that he faced them.

“Meet Jinho, your personal assistant,” Harry said.

“I don’t want one,” Jae stated getting to his feet. Dressed in white trousers and a pale blue knit top, Jae looked fit for a fashion magazine. He stretched his arms above his head.

“Give him to Len,” Jae said.

“Len?” Jinho asked, seriously hoping Harry wouldn’t agree to that. “You mean the singer you helped write a soundtrack last year? He’s good, but you’re way better.”

Jaehan scowled at him.

“Harry,” Jae said. “I don’t want someone meddling in my personal business.”

“May I remind you that your personal business has been splashed on every entertainment magazine for two days? You need a babysitter.”

“I don’t appreciate this—

“I’m not taking no for an answer. Jinho is on the clock. Be good to him; don’t give him a hard time, Jae.”

Harry held out the black folder to Jinho. “That’s Jaehan’s schedule.”

Jinho took the folder with a shocked bow.

“Harry,” Jae said his tone heavy with warning.

“Jae,” Harry replied with a smile. “You need this. Don’t start arguing—

“I’m not arguing. I’m telling you that I don’t want a personal assistant,” Jae said.

“Tough luck,” Harry said. “We had this argument two days ago, after you went off the deep end. Your scandal is on every entertainment magazine, online and offline. You leave me no choice—

“I don’t want an assistant,” Jae said, his light brown eyes mutinous.

Jinho felt fear at the rejection in Jae’s eyes. He didn’t know whether to speak for himself, but Harry seemed determined.

“You’ve left me no choice,” Harry said, his tone hard, authoritative. “I need someone to tell me what you’re doing—

“I don’t want a babysitter,” Jae snapped.

“I’m not a babysitter,” Jinho said quickly, hoping to sound soothing, but Jae’s scowl just deepened.

Harry smiled in approval at Jinho.

“Don’t give Jinho a hard time, Jae,” Harry told Jae, and with that, he left the rehearsal room.

Jinho met mutinous brown eyes and couldn’t help smiling with excitement. He bowed low in greeting. He couldn’t believe it; finally, he’d taken a significant step closer to Kim Jaehan. When he lifted his head, Jaehan was walking to the recording room door. Panic struck.

“We still have work to do,” Jinho said, opening the folder and running after Jae at the same time.

****

Jae scowled at the thought of the short man following him around everywhere he went. His new assistant looked like he’d dropped out of the most uptight prep school in the country. How anyone could wear a shirt with a sweater and then a blazer over the whole thing was beyond him.

“I don’t need you.” Jaehan snapped, pausing to look at the short man. “Go back to Harry; tell him to assign you to someone else. Jade Entertainment has plenty of artists.”

“But, I want to work with you and Rebellion,” Jinho said.

Jae turned away from his new assistant, annoyed. He didn’t want someone hovering over him. He got his cell phone from his pocket and dialed Dan. Jae stalked into the recording room, and shut the door in Jinho’s face.

Dan’s phone rang unanswered and then it clicked off. Jae sighed and hit the dial button again. His gaze roamed over the expensive recording equipment with a sense of disappointment. They hadn’t laid down any new tracks this morning. Nothing had sounded worth keeping. The call to Dan went unanswered again.

Was Dan angry about the news too?

He hadn’t intended for that night to get out of hand. How was he to know the club So Jin chose was a popular hangout for N-sang Entertainment musicians and that they spent their evenings there? The press had gone crazy with the stories. His pictures were everywhere. Harry wanted to kill him. Junghee was in trouble with the drama production company. Dan wasn’t answering his phone.

Jeez, he’d screwed up, but Dan was being cruel. He needed to hear Dan’s voice, just once. Wiping a hand down his face, he stared at the door thinking he didn’t want to stay here anymore.

Jae left the recording room and grabbed his leather jacket from the chair at the soundboards. Jinho moved to block him.

“Where are you going?” Jinho asked.

“Out,” Jae answered, moving him out of the way. He kept walking to the exit.

“I’ll go with you,” Jinho said hurrying after him.

Ken was in the lounge playing a video game. He got up when he saw Jae.

“Keep him away from me,” Jae ordered nodding to Jinho who was right behind him. “I’ll text you.”

Ken frowned but did as asked. Jae hurried out of the lounge, ran to the elevator, and grinned when the doors closed with no sign of Jinho.

He rode the elevator to the basement. Since he wasn’t doing any band activities, he walked to a slick black Audi R8 parked next to the van Ken used with him. Opening the door on the Audi, he slid into the comfortable driver’s seat with a sigh.

God he hated change, and Harry knew that. Why would Harry bring a personal assistant into his life right now?

Glancing at the clock on the dash, he started the car, placing his phone on its holder, he said, “Call the Sorbet.”

The call was fast. The Sorbet was Junghee’s favorite restaurant. He ordered enough meals to feed thirty people. Once that was done, he sent Ken a text messages on where to find him and then drove out of the Jade Entertainment building using a private exit Dan had built for the Jade Entertainment artists. It was the only way to escape obsessed fans. They spent their hours at the front doors of the building waiting for a glimpse.

It was worse now since the night out with So Jin. The whole night out had turned into a nightmare come back to bite his ass. He’d drunk too much, danced with too many faceless people. Unfortunately, for him, fans and anti-fans, paparazzi and journalists had all been present at the club. They’d documented each moment with So Jin to the fullest, and done their level best to report on his unruly behavior.

Harry wasn’t kidding about his pictures appearing on every available space on magazines, newspapers, blogs, social media and television. He’d made mad entertainment news.

The wrong kind of news though, he was now labeled a womanizer. He was party-animal-Jaehan, cheating-on-girlfriend-while-she-danced-beside-him Jaehan. He sighed. There were many titles. He’d asked Harry to help him make a statement that So Jin was his sister, but Harry refused to make that statement. Harry thought it best to cultivate the womanizer-Jaehan reputation considering his relationship with Dan.

His infamous headlines had turned into a problem for Junghee. The drama production wasn’t pleased. Every time he appeared in the news, Junghee and Andre did too, which ultimately dragged the drama production in to focus.

Jae shook his head at the social side of fame as he drove into the underground parking at MBS station. He took the elevator to the twelfth floor, where Junghee and the crew were organizing filming schedules.

The Sorbet was already onsite.

They were fast, he thought as he walked into the staff cafeteria. The restaurant staff had set up a buffet and three ladies were busy setting up the tables for the drama crew. Jae helped them finish the preparations and once they were ready, he left them to go find Junghee and his Production Director.

Jae found them in a conference room. It took a few minutes, but he managed to apologize for his behavior to the PD and the crew. He promised to do better so that the drama production would continue without scandals. He bit back his smile when a scowling PD gave him a grudging thank you for apologizing.

“There’s food in the cafeteria for everyone,” Jae said to the crew. “I know you’re off to film after this and you’ll be busy. So, go eat, get your strength.”

The crew clapped happily and hurried out to the cafeteria.

“You did well,” Junghee said coming to hug Jae. “Thank you, hyung.”

Jae smiled remembering a time when it had hurt to hear Junghee call him hyung. He’d been powerless then…unsure and lost.

Jae patted Junghee’s back and touched Junghee’s brown hair. “You look normal.”

Junghee laughed and tugged on Jae’s stubby ponytail. “You need to let someone do something with this hair. It’s growing too long.”

Jae felt heat flood his cheeks as he stepped back. “Dan likes it long.”

“So,” Junghee said. “It doesn’t mean you can’t trim it. Come on, let’s go eat, I’m starving.”

They walked to the cafeteria. Jae listened to Junghee talk about his filming schedule.

“We have thirty minutes off. You can tell me what happened Monday night while I eat.”

Jae watched Junghee pile his plate with fried chicken and rice. Jae chose a cup of coffee and a bowl of fruit. They took a table by the windows, he was happy when the crew left them to eat together.

“Jae,” Junghee urged.

Jae sipped his coffee. “You were here, Andre was playing soccer with his friends, and Dan left.”

“You could have called me, Jae.”

Jae met Junghee’s concerned gaze. “I just wanted to go out.”

Junghee bit into a piece of fried chicken with relish. “That assistant of mine is going to have my trainer schedule two more hours in the gym. I still can’t stop eating this. The chicken is so good.”

Jae laughed and sat back watching his best friend.

After a few minutes, Junghee met his gaze. “Had you called, I’d have gone with you. Things wouldn’t have turned out like this.”

Jae wanted to say he’d not wanted to think straight at the time, but he kept his mouth shut. Junghee worried. There was already enough on Junghee’s plate, why add his problems too.

Jae shrugged.

“I don’t think it’s easy to date someone you’re working with. Dan has obligations that take him away from me. Our lives are changing, we’re getting busy, there’s no time for each other.”

Junghee looked around the room; making sure no one was close to overhear their conversation.

“I think your perception is warped. What I see, is that you’re the most important person to Dan. I don’t need to hear him say it to see it.”

“He’s not answering my calls.”

“He’s probably swamped. I hear our case in Japan is not as easy as Dan makes it out to be.” Junghee dropped his gaze to his half-eaten chicken. “Harry says things are getting rough.”

Jae frowned. “Harry? You’ve been talking to Harry?”

“Yeah,” Junghee frowned. “What? Don’t you two talk?”

Jae sipped his coffee. Harry lectured him about Dan. The only time he and Harry had sober conversations was when they discussed music and work. That was the only time they met on the same level.

“What did Harry say?”

“The Rand Agency wants a share in royalties for the music we released the year they kicked us out, and the following year. They feel we should share the income we earn in royalties with them. Their excuse is that we signed an exclusive contract.”

“But they terminated it,” Jae said in shock. “They pushed us out before we could do any promotional activities. Fan support is the only reason why that album sells. The Rand Agency is not entitled to that income.”

“Yes, but they want to earn money from us. They want a share of our royalties for the duration of our exclusive contract with them.”

“The duration…” Jae frowned as he counted out those years. “That contract would have ended next year. They kicked us out on our second year. That was five years ago. Those bastards, why doesn’t Dan tell me anything?”

“Maybe because you overreact, Jae, calm down. Dan is handling it. Harry says Mr. Chang, Jade Entertainment’s lawyer, is good with contracts. Harry says Mr. Chang will find a way to fight this.”

Jae rubbed his forehead and looked around the cafeteria. There were crewmembers in one corner of the room. He sighed when he saw two of them take pictures on their phones.

“I have to go.” Jae turned back to Junghee. “If I stay here longer, things will get complicated outside.”

“What did you do now?” Junghee leaned his elbows on the table.

“Harry brought me a personal assistant. Says he’ll help keep me on the straight and narrow,” Jae said with a sigh.

“You’ve annoyed Harry again,” Junghee sat back in his chair. “Make life easier for yourself and do as he says.”

“The band is called Rebellion,” Jae pointed out. “We stopped listening to general consensus a while back.”

“We’re not the problem,” Junghee sighed. “I’m sorry this drama is going to restrict you. They really don’t want negative press. Any news about you automatically brings Andre and me into the mix.”

Jae let out an impatient sigh. “It was a one-time thing, Jung. Don’t worry. I just needed to blow off some steam.”

“Call me next time,” Junghee said.

Jae met Junghee’s knowing gaze.

“How’s studio time going?” Junghee asked with a frown.

Jae looked away. “It’s going. We’ve come up with a working concept. Andre is talking to one of the producers we chose for the album. We’ll meet in the morning to finalize it. Earlier, I was going through the hundreds of songs sent in for us by songwriters around the country. I’ve narrowed them down to ten songs.”

Jae reached into his pocket and got an Ipod. He handed it to Junghee.

“Andre chose four of the ten. You choose your pick, and we’ll see where it goes.”

Junghee took the Ipod and put it in his pocket.

“You have the three songs I sent you?” Junghee asked.

“Yes,” Jae smiled. “I loved all three, so did Andre. We’ll record them first.”

“And the lyrics, did you write them?” Junghee asked. “I want you to do it.”

“I’ve asked Andre to help write lyrics too.”

Junghee nodded, though he kept studying Jae with a frown. “I know it’s a team effort this time, and all…but Jae—,”

“You should write lyrics as well. Andre is working on the three you sent, you should choose a song you like and write lyrics.”

Junghee frowned. “We need thirteen tracks, you’ve got about ten covered, what about the last three? Have you written music Jae?”

“I’m working on it.”

Junghee studied him.

“Problems with Dan?” Junghee asked.

“No.” Jae shook his head refusing to think of the calls Dan wasn’t answering.

“You never have trouble writing music, Jae. What’s going on?”

Jae looked around the busy cafeteria. Rubbing his forehead, he leaned his elbows on the table and stared into his coffee.

“It’s silly, Jung. You know, when you have something going so well, there’s always this feeling…like what if it doesn’t work out in the end. I keep wondering how long this happiness will last?”

“Only you would ask that,” Junghee said. “Dan loves you. You love him. Stop worrying.”

So simple, Jae thought. Why didn’t it stay that simple in his head?

Junghee bit into his chicken with relish. “Gods, this is going to undo me. You spoil me, Jae.”

Jae smiled. “We should get ice cream?”

“Mmhmm..., after I finish this,” Junghee said.

Jae allowed his gaze to stray to the windows and that’s when he saw the scene growing below at the front of the building. Reporters mixed in with the crowd.

“Argh…I have to get out of here before things get out of hand,” Jae said.

“What did you do?”

Jae glanced at Junghee not surprised when he saw a frown creasing his best friend’s forehead. Junghee knew him too well.

“Harry brought me a personal assistant,” Jae said his gaze returning to the crowd of fans at the front entrance of the building. “He’s really a babysitter. Harry wants someone watching my every move. You can imagine what that’s going to be like.”

“You’re worried the PA will find out about you and Dan?”

Jae scoffed. “I don’t know what to think of Harry’s motives. He gets angry with me for supposedly betraying Dan, and then gets an outsider to follow me to keep me honest.”

“You and Harry need to work things out,” Junghee stated, sipping his juice. “Find a balance, Jae. Harry is essential to Rebellion. As for the assistant—,”

“I don’t need one,” Jae said.

“Andre and I have one,” Junghee pointed out. “Our lives are getting complicated. I can’t keep up with my life. I feel like I have to do a million things in a day for Rebellion, this drama, side business, my family. I don’t have enough time. The assistant manages all of that, makes it look simple. Harry has to handle Rebellion in its entirety, you can’t ask him to split himself in two, Jae.

When Jae kept scowling, Junghee reached out to touch his shoulder. “You’re the head of Rebellion. You have a million things to handle in a day. There’s the cafe, your family, your house, endorsements, music production, don’t get me started on all the other businesses you run on the side. Jae—,”

“I hate it when you’re right.”

“You need me to be right,” Junghee said. “I love you, Jae, but you’re being stubborn.”

Jae sighed. “Fine, you don’t need to worry about negative press from me. I’ll protect you.”

Junghee pushed his empty plate aside. “I know you will.”

Jae stretched his arms above his head and almost fell out of his chair when he saw Ken and the personal assistant Harry brought him walk into the cafeteria.

“What’s this now?” Jae scowled when the young man grinned and waved at him.

Junghee followed his gaze and laughed. “Cute, he’s love struck.”

“You take him then, give me your assistant. She seems nice,” Jae said as he watched Ken and Jinho navigate the tables to get to them.

“Hell no,” Junghee said. “I like my assistant. She gets me these shakes when I’m tired. They’re to die for; I’m not giving her up.”

Jae lifted a brow at him. “You sure the shakes are the only thing you don’t want to give up there?”

Junghee winked and Jae laughed.

“Got you,” Jinho said when he reached them. “What are you doing here? We’re due at the CruMedia building to meet a Mr. Ned.”

Jae scowled. “Jinho, is it? Why don’t you get me three ice creams from the buffet table? Strawberry, vanilla and chocolate,” Jae said.

Jinho sighed and placed the black folder he held on the table.

“Make mine banana instead of strawberry,” Ken said pulling up the seat beside Junghee.

Jinho studied them for a minute before he hurried away.

“He looks reasonable.” Junghee wiped his mouth with a napkin. “He’s a bit over excited.”

Jae glared at Ken.

“I couldn’t stop him. He’s persistent. He insisted we find you,” Ken said in apology.

“Great, just what I need,” Jae scoffed.

Junghee laughed. “You’ll survive, for sure, no more scandals out of you now.”

Jae shook his head just as Jinho returned with a tray laden with ice cream bowls.

“Banana, vanilla and chocolate, anything else, Sunbae-nim?” Jinho asked.

“Yes. Aren’t you going to eat?” Jae asked Jinho. “If you’re going to deal with me, I suggest you eat.”

Jinho stared at him in surprise.

Jae glanced at his phone, noting the time. He opened Jinho’s folder and checked the schedule. “You have ten more minutes before we have to leave.”

Ken nodded at Jinho and they watched him hurry to the buffet.

“So eager to please,” Jae said with a sigh. “Were we ever that young?”

“A lifetime ago,” Junghee said shaking his head.

Jae took a bite of his vanilla ice cream, suddenly feeling happy and light. “Mmm…this is good. We should meet more often Jung.”

Junghee grinned in agreement.

Meeting Ken’s gaze, Jae smiled when Ken gave him an approving nod.

****

em>hyung - Older Brother (used by men only)
Sunbae-nim - Used with someone with more experience at the work place.
2014, lilansui
  • Like 9
  • Love 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Jae is insecure about his relationship with Dan. He's behaving rash. Kind of pissed off all the time but can you blame him? Certainly not. I understand that Dan loves him, doing everything to save rebellion and Jae but in all this he somehow ignoring Jae. Jae needs his attention, his love, his time. Even the busiest person on this earth could bring out time to type a simple message of 'miss u' then why can't Dan do that. Right now, his ignorance towards Jae pisses me off. If the things went on this way, it won't be long when Dan will lose Jae and he would have no one to blame for except himself.

 

Apart from my charade on Dan's stupid, indifferent behavior, this Harry guy seems to have hots for Jae and so does Hinho. Does any of them is that secret admirer? Well, I hope it's not Hinho as I liked him. But I'm not sure about Harry. He looks shadyyyy.

 

Well, very good chapter though I missed Dan and hope to see him in next chapter so please update soon. I missed Jae. I'll wait to read some more of him and Dan:)

Link to comment
On 03/21/2015 08:02 PM, sacredlove said:
Jae is insecure about his relationship with Dan. He's behaving rash. Kind of pissed off all the time but can you blame him? Certainly not. I understand that Dan loves him, doing everything to save rebellion and Jae but in all this he somehow ignoring Jae. Jae needs his attention, his love, his time. Even the busiest person on this earth could bring out time to type a simple message of 'miss u' then why can't Dan do that. Right now, his ignorance towards Jae pisses me off. If the things went on this way, it won't be long when Dan will lose Jae and he would have no one to blame for except himself.

 

Apart from my charade on Dan's stupid, indifferent behavior, this Harry guy seems to have hots for Jae and so does Hinho. Does any of them is that secret admirer? Well, I hope it's not Hinho as I liked him. But I'm not sure about Harry. He looks shadyyyy.

 

Well, very good chapter though I missed Dan and hope to see him in next chapter so please update soon. I missed Jae. I'll wait to read some more of him and Dan:)

Jae's love life is so tied into his music, going back and seeing this comment, I'm having a whole new inspiration for the final chapters. You know, when people have something good going on, you're always thinking how long is this going to last...it's scary when you think it's going to end soon. So that is part of Jae's problem I think..though Dan at this point should have been more communicative.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..