Jump to content
    lilansui
    • Author
  • 2,567 Words
  • 74,065 Views
  • 6 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

You Make Me...Angry - 4. Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Dan studied the picture on the entertainment magazine on his lap. Jae looked handsome, his hair falling around him even as he smiled at the unknown woman in his arms. The stab of jealousy that swept through him was unexpected.

He hadn’t felt jealous with Jae since their days on the first tour in the States. A lifetime ago, he thought. Placing the magazine on the seat beside him, Dan let a sigh escape. He’d always known loving Jae wasn’t going to be easy, but days like today….seeing Jae this way….he couldn’t help the insecurities.

“Are you going to tell Rebellion?” Mr. Chang asked beside him.

Dan glanced at his long time friend. “I’ve thought about it, but not yet. It’s better if we keep the troubles in Japan to ourselves for now.”

“Don’t you think they’d like to know their royalty payments are in danger?”

Dan returned his gaze to the bustling city. It was almost midnight. One couldn’t tell in the bright lights of the city.

“Mr. Chang, nothing will change if we tell them now, or weeks from now. Until we can find a solution, it’s best to keep it between us.”

“As you wish, Sir,” Mr. Chang said.

The driver pulled up to the curb, and Dan realized they’d reached the Jade Entertainment building. Mr. Chang opened his door and gave him a slight smile.

“I still have work to do,” Mr. Chang said. “Get some rest. You look tired.”

Dan smiled and watched his lawyer leave the car with quick, efficient movements.

The driver pulled back into traffic, and Dan let out another sigh trying to relax. His heart was beating a mile a minute. He was looking forward to seeing Jae. They’d been apart for three days, going on four, but it felt like a lifetime.

His phone buzzed and he stared at the pictures Harry sent him.

Jae’s stalker, he thought.

More intimate pictures of Jae, the band of worry inside him increased, clawing at his need to protect Jae, hide him away from the world.

The bastard was getting brave.

Dropping his phone on top of the magazine, Dan wondered when the troubles would end. It seemed like all he had to deal with lately were problems.

The drive home was fast.

Anticipation coursed through him when he got out of the car and walked up to the front door. Harry had assured him Rebellion was not out doing a show tonight. Jae was home.

He smiled.

Entering the house, he found the lights off downstairs.

A sliver of disappointment passed through him, and he wondered if Jae hadn’t read his message.

Dan placed his briefcase on a table in the hallway, before he took the stairs to the second floor. The lights in the corridor were on, and he paused outside the double doors into the master bedroom.

The door wasn’t closed fully.

Dan pushed the door open, and stopped at the sight that greeted him.

The room was lighted with lamps instead of the overhead light. There was a table set by the windows, with two candle sticks waiting to be lighted.

Dan stepped into the bedroom waiting for Jae to appear in front of him, but…instead, his breath just caught in his throat. Jae lay on the foot of the bed, eyes closed, sound asleep.

Walking to the bed, Dan stood watching him sleep for a moment, before the urge to touch Jae’s soft hair pulled him closer. He never got tired of looking at Jae, especially when he was asleep like this. Innocence not present when Jae was conscious clung to him. It made Dan want to protect him forever.

Crouching next to the bed, his gaze on parted lips, he traced Jae’s jaw and leaned to press a soft kiss on Jae’s lips.

Jae returned his kiss, a soft sigh of pleasure reached his ears and he closed his eyes when Jae’s fingers sunk into his hair. Their kiss felt like a homecoming to him. Sweet and warm, Jae shifted on the bed, tugging on Dan’s shoulders until he lay on top of him.

Their arms wrapped tight around each other, Dan broke the kiss and buried his nose into Jae’s shoulder, breathing him in.

“You’re home,” Jae said, his voice low and sexy, sleep roughened.

“Mmm…” Dan pressed a kiss on Jae’s neck. “You waited for me.”

“I missed you.” Jae rubbed his back. “The bed was lonely without you.”

The pictures in the tabloids filled Dan’s head, and he sighed. Squelching away his insecurities, he asked instead.

“Was that dinner you set by the window?”

“It was,” Jae said, moving his head back to study him. “You’re avoiding my cooking lately.”

Dan smiled at the pout on Jae’s lips.

“I never avoid your cooking, my love.” Dan kissed him to take away the pout. “What did you make?”

“I ordered out,” Jae said with a grin, “from that Japanese restaurant you like so much. The food is in the fridge downstairs. I’ll go warm it up.”

Jae started to move out of his arms, but Dan wouldn’t have it. He wasn’t hungry for food, but Jae’s warmth.

“Dan,” Jae said studying him.

“We can eat later.” Dan kissed Jae. “I need you.”

Jae’s answering smile set him aflame. They stripped in a hurry, Dan almost ripping the buttons off Jae’s shirt. Jae’s moans driving his need higher as he kissed every part of Jae. Dan sucked on sensitive hard nipples, his fingers caressing Jae’s flat stomach, down to his swelling erection. He took in Jae’s moans when he came.

When Dan slid into Jae’s hot body, he gave in to his urgency. Needing to reclaim what was his, needing to feel Jae tighten around him with need and ecstasy. He loved it when Jae wrapped his legs around his hips, fingers digging into his back when he stroked in too hard, taking more…he sucked on Jae’s lips when Jae screamed out his orgasm. God he couldn’t get enough, driving into Jae, loving the feel of Jae’s heat surrounding him, contracting around his surging cock, hard. He fucked into Jae, fast, hard strokes, and came again in a blinding heat.

He collapsed over Jae, giving Jae his whole weight. Sweeping his fingers through Jae’s hair, he kissed him again, wanting to obliterate the sight of Jae’s lips locked on strangers.

“Dan…” Jae said in a heated whisper when he didn’t stop.

“These lips,” Dan said, his fingers digging into Jae’s hair. He pressed his cock deeper into Jae, already getting hard again. Dan brushed a kiss on Jae’s lips when he gasped, pleasure turning brown eyes liquid. “They’re mine. Mine alone; baby…no one else gets to kiss you like this.”

Jae gasped when Dan surged into him, and Dan took it in, kissing him hard, making them both breathless.

****

Jae woke up the next morning in a warm cocoon. He snuggled deeper into the heat, and he sighed when he felt his body complain at the movement. He opened his eyes to find Dan watching him in the morning light.

“Morning,” Dan said propping his head up with his right hand, he touched the tip of Jae’s nose with his left. “I love watching you sleep.”

Jae moved closer, pressing his face into Dan’s chest. “I’m so glad you’re home.”

Dan chuckled and brushed his fingers through Jae’s hair. “Was it really that lonely?”

“You know it was,” Jae replied against his collarbone. “I keep having nightmares of Harry walking in to wake me, at least with you here, that won’t happen.”

Dan smiled and pressed a kiss on top of Jae’s head.

Dan lay back and wrapped his arms around Jae holding him in the early morning. Reaching for the remote on his side of the bed, Dan opened the blinds on the windows. They slid back in silence allowing the beautiful morning light in.

Jae let out a contented sigh, and snuggled closer.

“We should stay here all day,” Jae said after a while.

Dan wished they could too, but he was well aware Ken was going to be calling Jae’s cell phone soon.

Dan stroked a hand down Jae’s back, loving how Jae arched into his touch.

“About last night,” he started.

Jae closed his eyes. He could still feel Dan inside him, taking him like they didn’t have a lifetime together. God, he’d felt consumed, steeped in lust and love.

“It was the best night I’ve had in weeks.” Jae looked up to meet Dan’s gaze. “Maybe I should misbehave more. Kiss a few more people…”

Dan’s eyes widened, and Jae laughed.

“I’m just kidding.” Jae sighed. “Your jealousy is pleasurable, Dan, I’ll take it any day.”

Dan rubbed his thumb over Jae’s shoulder, a frown dancing on his forehead.

“Should I ask why you did it?”

Jae went still in Dan’s arms.

“It just happened,” Jae said.

Dan rubbed his shoulder, and when he didn’t ask more, Jae sat up to look at him.

“You know you’re it for me, right?” Jae asked, wondering if Dan understood what that meant.

There were times he felt like he might turn into a burden to Dan. He looked away because his insecurities were spoiling a wonderful morning.

“I’m going to go take a shower,” Jae said pushing the covers away.

Dan grabbed his arm as he moved to get out of the bed. Jae paused and turned to Dan only to be tugged back into bed.

Jae’s heart squeezed painfully in his chest when Dan kissed him, chasing away his doubts. He moaned and turned into Dan, passion already racing through him.

****

An hour later found them in the kitchen. Dan buttered a slice of brown bread for Jae with peanut butter and held it out. Jae took a bite and held out a mug of coffee to him.

Dan took the mug and felt peace still into him when Jae leaned on the counter beside him, as though sitting at the kitchen table was too large a separation. Jae looked scrumptious in a denim shirt, and black jeans. His hair was held back in a ponytail, a gold stud glinted in the light on his left earlobe.

“I heard you got an assistant,” Dan said.

“I called you to complain,” Jae said leaning against his left side. “You refused to answer my calls.”

“My phone died,” Dan said, he’d forgotten to charge it in between the many minutes he’d had in Tokyo.

“I thought you were angry with me about the whole club incident.” Jae sighed. “I’m starting to think I’ll never go out again. Poor So Jin, she’s become the poor girlfriend.”

“I’ll make sure So Jin’s face is off the news.”

“Dan.”

“Don’t bother protesting.” Dan glanced at Jae. “I need you writing music. Rebellion’s second album will silence a lot of the gossip. I’ll handle So Jin’s problems.”

Jae’s grimace at the talk of music worried Dan.

“Should I come to the studio later to listen?”

“Nope,” Jae bit into the toast with a shrug. “We’re not ready.”

“Not ready you haven’t written anything? Or not ready, you’ve written stuff, it’s just not good enough yet?”

“The first one,” Jae said.

“Jae,” Dan frowned. He’d worked so hard to make sure nothing worried Jae. “What’s going on?”

“Nothing,” Jae gave him a small smile and pushed off the counter. He went to the sink and poured out his coffee. Dan was glad he at least finished eating the slice of toast. “We have food in the fridge. Do you want to carry a packed lunch?”

“Sure,” Dan said.

Jae opened a cupboard above the sink area and got a white lunch carrier. “I’ve been meaning to ask. Since you’ve met my parents, is there someone I should meet on your side?”

Dan sipped his coffee to cover his surprise. “Why are you thinking about my family?”

“We’re living together, Dan. You know every inch of my life.” Jae glanced at him. “I should know something about you. I feel like I know nothing.”

Dan thought about Justine, and he stared into his coffee. “My parents died when I was young.”

Jae paused in the act of getting the containers of food from the fridge. “Why have you never told me that? We should visit their graves…”

“I don’t like to,” Dan said. “Why does this matter to you so much?”

“Because,” Jae stared at him before he moved back to the counter and the lunch box. He set about arranging food from the containers in the lunch box. “That’s what people who love each other do, Dan.”

“Well, your mother’s relationship is enough for me,” Dan stated. “Speaking of which, we should visit her. I’m sure she’s worried you’ve run out of gimchi.”

“I ran out that day you left for Japan,” Jae said. “I was thinking of having her visit. She hasn’t seen my house.”

“That’s a great idea.”

Jae glanced at him, both of them knowing they’d have to change their sleeping quarters if Jae’s mother insisted on sleeping over.

Dan smiled. “I’m sure Harry wouldn’t mind having me over.”

Jae scowl was immediate. He’d noticed it before. Jae scowled at any mention of Harry. Before he could ask more, Ken walked in ready to start Jae’s day. He was followed closely by a young man in a navy blue blazer, and a neat light blue shirt.

Dan frowned.

“Morning, Mr. Suk,” Ken said. “This is boss’s new assistant.”

The young man stared at him, tongue-tied.

Jae hid a smile and popped a mango slice into his mouth.

“Aren’t you going to have coffee, Jinho?” Jae asked his assistant. “Ken, maybe you should help him before his mouth falls to the floor.”

Dan smiled when Jinho gave him a deep bow, almost bending in ninety-degrees. Shaking his head, he watched Ken and Jinho move to the coffee maker on the other side of the kitchen.

“He looks interesting,” Dan said.

“More like Harry’s spy,” Jae said closing the lunch box. “Don’t forget to eat this.”

“Yes, honey,” Dan said in a low teasing tone.

Jae smiled, his brown eyes lighting up.

“I’ll see you,” Jae said.

Dan wished they were alone. “Stay safe.”

Jae nodded and followed Ken and Jinho out of the kitchen.

When Dan heard the front door slam close, he reached for his cell phone and dialed the number he kept on second speed dial. Jae’s talk of family had him wishing he hadn’t neglected his promises.

“Amhaus Sanitarium,” a pleasant woman answered his call.

“This is Dan,” he said. “I’m calling to check on Justine. How’s she doing?”

“Mr. Dan,” the woman said with a warm tone. “Your wife is doing fine. She’s just gone out with her nurse to enjoy the sun. The weather is wonderful this morning.”

Dan closed his eyes. “Is that so? Can I visit her this week?”

“Of course sir, she’ll be glad to know that you want to come over.”

Dan chatted a bit with the woman, and when the call ended, he put his mug on the counter and stared at the lunchbox Jae had made up for him. His past and his present, so irrevocably different.

Taking the lunch box, he left the kitchen ready to face another day as Jade Entertainment’s C.E.O.

****

2014, lilansui
  • Like 7
  • Wow 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Dan has a wife and hasn't told Jae? While he may have his reasons this is unacceptable. He needs to come clean as soon as possible before someone else spills the beans.

Link to comment

Dan is married? He had a wife and he never thought it necessary to tell Jae about it. Oh God, Jae is gonna crushed...he had been hurt in the past by Jaeshun and now this. This was unexpected as Dan was just perfect but I guess no one is perfect...there could be no valid reason to hide this truth from Jae. I hope Dan deserves Jae and Jae doesn't regret falling in love with Dan. I can't wait for the next chapter as drama ensues...update soon, Sui:)

Link to comment
On 08/06/2015 09:22 PM, Terry P said:

Dan has a wife and hasn't told Jae? While he may have his reasons this is unacceptable. He needs to come clean as soon as possible before someone else spills the beans.

It's the big secrets that get kept away from relationships...out of fear e.t.c...somehow they always come out in the end.

Link to comment
On 09/05/2015 04:47 PM, sacredlove said:

Dan is married? He had a wife and he never thought it necessary to tell Jae about it. Oh God, Jae is gonna crushed...he had been hurt in the past by Jaeshun and now this. This was unexpected as Dan was just perfect but I guess no one is perfect...there could be no valid reason to hide this truth from Jae. I hope Dan deserves Jae and Jae doesn't regret falling in love with Dan. I can't wait for the next chapter as drama ensues...update soon, Sui:)

Poor Jae...lolz..reading this now, I'm wondering if there shouldn't have been a bigger explosion at this news to Jae..but oh well, how it is worked out I think.

Link to comment
On 12/17/2015 09:26 PM, jokrog said:

how come it is so long between chapters :o

Jokrong...I saw this comment and thought, I need to write more, faster, quicker...I'm hard at work.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..