Jump to content
    lilansui
    • Author
  • 3,712 Words
  • 40,411 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

You Make Me...Angry - 5. Chapter 5

Chapter 5

“Jae-sunbae, mail,” Jinho announced carrying a box into the studio. “I thought it might lift your spirits.”

Jae swung his chair around and watched Jinho place a large box on the coffee table. A large Jade Entertainment sign graced the side of the box. He was sure security had probably sifted through those envelopes before they’d given them to Jinho.

“I couldn’t carry them all,” Jinho said with a small grin. “The mailroom is stacked with boxes for you and the rest of the band.

Jae got up and went to sit in the armchair closest to the coffee table. Taking the first envelope on top of the box, he removed the picture inside. It was one of him in concert.

Jae turned it over.

Oppa, fighting! I love you,” Jae read the note written in colorful glitter pen. He smiled. “Jinho, you really know how to change my mood.”

Jinho grinned and together they read mail for the next ten minutes. He liked this part of his career. Letters from fans telling him how much Rebellion’s music had changed lives, or meant so much. The love, the encouragement…he loved getting it from his fans.

Jinho held up a gift certificate.

“I’m jealous. This is almost a thousand dollars so you can shop at Ohkoos, and buy anything you want. How much do you think this fan is making in their day job?”

Jae couldn’t guess, but the generosity of his fans humbled him. He turned over his envelope and gasped when pictures marked with blood red ink fell on his lap.

Picking one up, he went cold. In the picture, he was talking to one of the stylists downstairs. His head bent close to hers as he studied the clothing concept the stylist had drawn for a concert they had in the evening. There was a circle drawn around his head.

“I won’t let you love anyone,” Jinho read behind him, “Watch who you touch, or they die.”

Jae dropped the photo on the table and got up, wiping his hands on his shirt. He hated this side of his fame. The crazies who thought they had a right to his life.

“Take them away, now,” Jae said.

“Jae—

“Get them out of here,” he said more sharply than he meant to.

Jae stared at the photos as Jinho collected them.

Strange, security wouldn’t have allowed him to see that.

Jae pulled out tissue from a box on the table and took the picture Jinho had read.

“I’m stepping out for a while. Don’t look for me,” Jae said and headed out of the studio.

He ignored Jinho’s surprised shout and headed to Dan’s office.

Dan’s office had changed in the past few months. He was now on the top floor of the building.

Jae stormed through the large executive space ignoring the executive assistant who stood up to greet him. He pushed open Dan’s office and paused when he saw various department heads around a large glass table by the windows.

Dan stood up and motioned everyone out.

Jae ignored the curious expressions and instead took the picture to the oval conference table.

“What are you keeping from me?” Jae asked when Dan glanced at the picture and only winced.

“Jae.”

“Don’t,” Jae shook his head. He crossed his arms against his chest and studied Dan. “Who is sending the pictures?”

“How did you get this?” Dan asked looking at the picture.

“Jinho brought fan letters to the studio. I found it in the pile.” Jae shivered. “There was more than one.”

“Security is lax; I’ll give them a call.”

“Dan,” Jae said. “Can you please tell me what’s going on? Why do you have to handle everything alone? Am I a child to you?”

“You’re no child,” Dan said glancing at him. “This isn’t anything to worry about.”

“You’re lying,” Jae said. “Don’t lie to me, Dan.”

Dan frowned.

“What’s that supposed to mean?”

“When are you going to tell me what’s happening in Japan?” Jae asked, remembering what Junghee had told him. “The Rand Agency wants our royalties, and you’re struggling with the case. We might lose.”

“Who told you that?”

“Does it matter?” Jae asked. “Why do I have to hear it from others, Dan? Why can’t you tell me, huh?”

“Was it Harry?” Dan asked with a frown. “He wouldn’t have.”

Jae sighed.

“How is Harry coming into this?” Jae asked. “I’m asking you a question, and you bring him up. What is he to you?”

“The person who looks after your interests,” Dan said. “Jae—

“Don’t,” Jae snapped, aware Dan was going to keep trouble from him regardless of how long he begged for the truth. His gaze went to the picture.

The lack of surprise on Dan’s part meant the threat wasn’t new. In fact, Jae frowned. Ken’s recent paranoia with his security started to make sense. He couldn’t even go downstairs these days without three men prowling behind him.

“I have a stalker.”

Jae glanced at Dan, holding a worried dark gaze.

“Don’t I?” Jae asked needing Dan to confirm it.

Dan sighed and gave him a slight nod.

“How serious?” Jae asked.

“Security is handling it,” Dan said.

“How serious, Dan?”

When Dan didn’t answer, Jae moved closer, reaching out to touch Dan’s shoulder.

“Tell me,” Jae said. “It’s better if you tell me.”

“I’m trying to protect you.”

“Keeping me in the dark hurts me,” Jae said then, his heart aching with the need to see Dan trust him with their problems.

Dan took the picture from the table and crumpled it in his fist.

“He’s close,” Dan said shaking his head. “Too close, Jae. He’s taken pictures of you at the home.”

Jae stepped back from him in shock.

“How?” he asked.

“I don’t know.”

“Inside?” Jae asked, horrified at the thought of his privacy so violated.

“No.” Dan took a step closer, gripping his left shoulder. “Not inside, I have taken precautions. Ken sweeps the house for cameras daily.”

Jae took in a deep breath and wiped a hand down his face.

“What do we do?”

“Keep watch,” Dan answered. “We’re investigating—

“And you still haven’t found out anything?” Jae asked. “What about Junghee and Andre? Are they safe?”

“The stalker has focused on you,” Dan said. “There’s no indication he wants to harm Jung or Andre.”

Jae scoffed.

“Just me, then,” Jae said. “And those close to me.”

“Those the stalker thinks are romantically linked to you,” Dan corrected with a quiet tone.

They both knew the consequences of the truth about their relationship coming out. The scandal could bury Jade Entertainment, and destroy the traction Rebellion had gained in the last year. All it would take was one photo in the wrong hands.

Jae took steps away from Dan, his gaze going to the windows afraid his so-called stalker was watching.

“Jae.”

Dan started to reach for him.

Jae shook his head and turned to leave Dan’s office.

“Jae,” Dan said.

Jae broke into a run when Dan started to follow him. He jerked the door opened and bit back a shout of frustration when he saw the department heads waiting in the outer office. He pushed through them needing to get as far from Dan as he could.

***

Dan wanted to shake Jae with frustration but that wasn’t going to happen soon. Rebellion was holding a concert. Dan stood watching Jae on stage his heartbeat matching the drums of Rebellion’s Critical Mass. Jae stood at the edge of the stage, singing with his whole body. He looked delicious with no shirt, and black slacks and boots, a black towel hanging out of his back pocket. His hair, damp with sweat, framed his face as he sang, and jumped on stage.

Dan held back a gasp when Jae leaped on to a short platform placed right off the stage. The crowd below him screaming madly, reaching out to touch him…security swarmed the platform, making a perimeter, still Dan watched with apprehension.

“He’s taking risks,” Harry said watching as the band continued playing with their usual energy. “I’ll talk to the stage crew.”

Jae continued his performance as though the struggle with the security and his fans was nothing.

“Jae knows about Japan,” Dan said glancing at Harry.

“I didn’t tell him,” Harry said with a shrug.

“You’ve talked to Jung,” Dan stated knowing that was the only person who would tell Jae.

“Yes, he asked why you were concerned. I gave him a straight answer. It’s Jung. You can’t lie to him.”

“You should have let it alone.”

“Hiding the truth is not helping you,” Harry said. “Jae’s reaction with the stalker is what you get when you keep secrets.”

“He ran away from me,” Dan said, unable to keep the hurt out of his voice. “He left me to face administrators in the office like we’d just had a normal conversation. I wanted to scream out in frustration.”

“I don’t think he was running from you,” Harry soothed. “More like freaking out worried.”

Dan wiped a hand down his face, his gaze returning to Jae on stage. Jae was jumping again thankfully back on the main stage, while Junghee and Andre played their guitars, the drummer joining in to make an impromptu instrumental session. Dan had watched them rehearse many times, but their energy always seemed out of this world with an audience in play. The shouts, the screams, the insanity of the music and fans that were mad for it fueled Jae.

The music ended and when Jae said a hoarse thank you, he got more screams in response.

“Those pictures at the studio,” Dan said his gaze on the frenzied fans, especially the ones close to the stage. The stalker was probably among them. “How do you think they got in that box?”

“Security cleared the box,” Harry said. “Ken is checking up on Jinho again, though his ride upstairs seems clean. He did admit to stopping in the staff lounge to get a bottle of water. We suspect the envelope was slipped into the pile then.”

“The culprit is in staff,” Dan said his fingers clenched into fists, “working among us.”

“Knowing that helps,” Harry said.

“I don’t care what helps, find this bastard and get him out.”

“Dan.”

“This stalker is threatening my very life,” Dan hissed. “I won’t allow it.”

Harry sighed. “We should ask for help from the police department.”

“Do what you need to do,” Dan said. “As for talking to Junghee—

“Complain all you want, but I think telling Jae the truth is always best.” Harry pointed to the stage below. “That is not a child, Dan. He is a man. One who loves you, give him some credit.”

Harry left the VIP area with a huff.

Two hours later, the concert ended, and Dan decided to intercept Jae before he went out with the band for the after party. He found Jae wiping off stage make-up in the dressing room.

“We need to talk,” Dan said.

Jae ignored him, finishing with clean up instead.

“You ran away from me today,” Dan said leaning on the dressing room door. “You left me to face those administration heads as though nothing was going on—

“You’re the one keeping secrets,” Jae said turning to look at him. “How many times do you think we’ve exposed ourselves to this maniac lurking in the shadows? We’re doing it right now. One photo—

“I don’t care what he sees,” Dan cut in then.

Jae got up from his seat and turned to look at him. “You know that’s not true. I don’t want to fight with you, here.”

“Where do you want to fight?” Dan asked.

“Junghee is taking me out tonight,” Jae said. “The first time in weeks—

“Cancel it,” Dan said, needing to have it out with Jae.

“Why?” Jae asked. “To go home and fight with you?”

“Yes,” Dan said pushing off the dressing room door.

He took two steps closer to Jae only to have the door open behind him.

Jae glanced at the door, eyes wide with panic and Dan turned to see who dared interrupt them. They both sighed in relief when they saw Junghee.

“Hey guys,” Junghee said with a wave. “I think we’re going to go ahead. Jae, can we borrow your van? It has more room.”

“Yes,” Jae nodded. “Seems am going to have to take Dan home.”

Junghee chuckled. “Don’t bruise each other too much.”

Dan smiled when Junghee winked and closed the door as fast as he’d appeared.

Jae grabbed a leather jacket from the couch and wore it to cover his bare chest. Dan started to the door, but Jae’s silence annoyed him. He didn’t want anything coming between them, and this stalker was managing it even now.

Jae reached for the door handle and started to open the door. Dan slammed it closed and pushed Jae against the smooth surface. Turning him around, he took Jae’s lips in a harsh, punishing kiss, taking what was his. Jae gave a soft whimper when Dan bit his soft lower lip, then licked it to sooth the sting. Dan moaned with satisfaction when Jae clung to his lapels, pulling him closer. They kissed until they needed to break apart to breathe.

Jae let out a shaky sigh, burying his face into Dan’s shoulder.

“What was that for?”

“To remind you where you belong,” Dan said, stroking his fingers through Jae’s damp hair. “I don’t like fighting with you, and I hate it most when you walk away from me, Jae.”

Jae breathed out, sounding shaky. “I don’t know how else to protect you.”

Dan closed his eyes because Jae’s fear seemed to seep into his own heart.

“Come on let’s go home,” Dan kissed Jae’s shoulder and gave him a short hug. “We have all night to talk.”

Jae followed him out of the dressing room. They left the venue using the service exit. Ken waited with Dan’s car, having given up the van to Junghee’s staff.

Dan held Jae’s hand when they settled in the backseat. Dan’s heart skipped with happiness when Jae shifted and rested his head on Dan’s shoulder.

***

Dan studied his wine glass, the burgundy vibrant in the light from the lamps around their living room. He sipped the wine with a smile, his fingers stroking through Jae’s hair. Jae lay on the couch, his head resting on Dan’s lap. The stereo was on, but very low. They’d turned on the fireplace to warm the room. This moment...Dan smiled. He lived for these moments with Jae.

“I’m sorry for not telling you about the stalker.”

Jae shifted his gaze from the fireplace to look at him.

“And?”

Brown eyes studied him until he sighed.

“Sorry for keeping the truth about the Rand Agency case from you too,” Dan said.

Jae studied him.

“We need to keep talking, Dan. I don’t want to learn our problems out there. It sidelines me.”

“I don’t keep it from you to hurt you,” Dan said sipping his wine. “You have so much to deal with.”

“Not too much I can’t listen to you,” Jae said. “We share everything, why not the problems?”

Dan smiled then because at that moment he wanted to tell Jae all his problems. Yet it wasn’t his style. All his life, he’d handled the problems, played the role of the fixer. He rarely needed to talk through the struggle.

Jae watched him with expectant eyes, his trust so clear, Dan felt like an idiot for being unable to share.

“I love you,” Dan said, hoping those three words would be enough to show Jae how much he mattered.

Jae’s gaze held his for a moment before those lovely eyes shifted back to the fireplace.

“I love you too,” Jae said, and then gave a sigh. “But we’re going to need more than love, Dan.”

That was true too, Dan thought.

Jae’s ring tone woke him up an hour later. Jae reached for his phone on the coffee table with a small yawn.

“Hello,” Jae answered the call half-asleep. When Jae sat up fast, his free hand sweeping his hair back, Dan knew there was trouble. “Say that again.”

Dan started to take the phone from Jae, but his cell phone rang too. He answered the call when he saw Harry’s number.

“What’s wrong?”

“There’s been an accident,” Harry said. “Jung and Andre were rushed to St. Mary’s Hospital. I’m on the way.”

Dan ended the call and got up from the couch. Jae sat frozen, his phone on his lap.

“Who called you?” Dan asked wanting to have that person’s head.

“Andre,” Jae said. “Junghee is…he’s—

“It’s going to be okay,” Dan said hugging Jae. “Come on, we need to go to the hospital.”

Jae trembled as he got up; patting his pajama pants and the t-shirt he wore, he looked around lost. Dan raced upstairs to get a sweater for Jae and his wallet. Returning downstairs after a few minutes, he bundled Jae into the black sweater and hurried him to the door.

It took them thirty minutes to get to the hospital. Jae sat with his fingers clenched in fists as Ken navigated traffic.

Reporters met them at the emergency entrance. Dan wrapped an arm around Jae’s shoulders, relying on Ken to make way into the hospital. Jae was sheet white by the time they made it to the top floor of the hospital where Andre and Harry waited.

Andre rushed Jae the moment they entered the waiting room. Jae wrapped his arms around Andre showing life for the first time since he’d gotten Andre’s call.

“How is Junghee?” Dan asked Harry.

“He was unconscious when he came in, but he woke up a few minutes ago, so we’re waiting on the doctor,” Harry said.

“What happened?” Dan asked.

“Someone was chasing the van,” Andre said into Jae’s shoulder. “We came out of the club. Junghee was going to drop me off then go to the set, but we got a tail. We both thought he was going to give up, but he persisted, and started a car chase. Next thing we know,” Andre bit back a harsh curse. “That bastard tapped the back of the van, and the driver lost control. We were on a curve and Junghee’s driver tried to keep control, but couldn’t. We took a turn too fast and went off the road, rolling over...”

“Junghee’s head is banged up,” Harry said, when Andre couldn’t finish. “Andre was checked up earlier. He has bruises on his left arm, and back, but he’s well.”

Jae held on to Andre, careful not to squeeze Andre’s left side. “What about the culprit?”

“Arrested,” Harry said. “Police caught him at the scene. He wanted a glimpse of Jaehan.”

Jae stared at Harry in horror. “What?”

“This is not your fault,” Dan said placing a hand on Jae’s shoulder. “You—

“I gave them my van,” Jae cut in. “If they’d taken Junghee’s car, everything would be fine. Junghee—

“Don’t do this,” Dan said squeezing Jae’s shoulder. “Junghee and Andre need you sane. Don’t start this blame game.”

Jae stared at him in shock. Dan wished they were alone so that he could offer comfort, but they weren’t alone. So many prying eyes, the nurses watched them with interest, reporters crawling on every floor.

“Call security,” Dan said to Harry, taking a step back from Jae. “Secure this floor, no one comes in or goes without us knowing. Jae and Andre, maybe you can wait for Junghee in here.”

“I want to see him,” Jae said still holding Andre.

“As soon as the doctors say it’s alright,” Harry promised.

Dan stroked Jae’s jaw, a slight caress before he walked out of the lounge. There were press conferences to hold, police investigations to handle, and Junghee’s family.

***

Jae watched Dan leave the lounge feeling like an idiot. He couldn’t do anything but panic, while Dan seemed to have it all under control.

Andre squeezed his waist. “Don’t worry; Junghee is going to be fine.”

“I’m sorry,” Jae said, then letting go of Andre to pace to the windows. It was dark outside, the city lights lighting up the streets below. “This is my fault.”

“Don’t do that,” Andre said. “You had no way to know what some crazy bastard would do to get attention.”

Jae shook his head.

“But I do know,” he said. “I have a stalker.”

“What?” Andre stared at him. “Stalker? What does that mean?”

“He or she probably knows the van plates. I haven’t changed the van in months.” Jae shook his head. “He must have followed you guys to the club thinking I was inside.”

“Fuck Jae, when were you going to tell me you have a stalker?” Andre demanded.

“I found out today,” Jae said. “It was by mistake too. I received weird photos in the studio that had creepy messages.”

“Junghee—

“Is in there because of me,” Jae said, guilt riding him hard.

It hurt that he was only bringing pain to those close to him. He couldn’t imagine what would happen if Dan was in trouble. Wiping a hand down his face, he turned to look at Andre. The younger man paced the lounge, restless. There was blood on his white t-shirt. Jae removed his sweater went to drape it over Andre’s shoulders.

Thirty minutes later, a nurse came to get them to go see Junghee. The sight of Junghee in the bed was hard to take. Junghee had a bruise on his forehead, and a bandage on his left arm. Jae stood at the foot of the bed staring at his best friend. Andre moved to sit on the side of the bed, taking Junghee’s right hand.

“Jae,” Junghee said when he opened his eyes and saw him. “I’m fine.”

Jae nodded, a huge lump in his throat making it impossible to talk.

“I’m okay, hyung,” Junghee repeated as though he understood the guilt riding Jae.

Jae bit his bottom lip hard. Junghee's words only made the guilt harder to bear. It was clear now, the people he loved were in danger.

***

em>Sunbae - Someone with more experience at work
Hyung - brother used by men only
A/N - So, a Rescued Life is featured on GA's CSR this November.  I am going to answer any questions you might have on November 30 over on the GA blog.  I will answer all...:P so, I hope to see your questions there, or just stop by to say hi.
2014, lilansui
  • Like 12
  • Sad 1
  • Angry 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Okay this creepy stalker is getting more dangerous and creepy with every chapter. I hope the happy go lucky Junghee recover soon. Jae is right. Dan need to know that Jae is not a kid and keeping things from him will only worsen the situation. Only God knows when he will tell Jae about his wife. And where is Jaeshun?? Let's see if Dan could catch that stalker before some real damage. Great chapter, Sui. Keep them coming:)

Link to comment
On 11/12/2015 05:33 PM, sacredlove said:

Okay this creepy stalker is getting more dangerous and creepy with every chapter. I hope the happy go lucky Junghee recover soon. Jae is right. Dan need to know that Jae is not a kid and keeping things from him will only worsen the situation. Only God knows when he will tell Jae about his wife. And where is Jaeshun?? Let's see if Dan could catch that stalker before some real damage. Great chapter, Sui. Keep them coming:)

At first I wanted to put Jae in the hospital, but thought that would be too much. I couldn't do it...so I put Junghee in the hospital...lolz. I like how you're fixated on the wife factor...Poor Dan. Jaesun is always lurking in the shadows...like a bad dream...wooo...lolz.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..