Jump to content
    LJCC
  • Author
  • 771 Words
  • 2,440 Views
  • 17 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Mr & Mister Danvers: Initiation - 1. BOOK I

BOOK I:


The Daily Telegraph Friday, August 25, (REDACTED) FRONT PAGE

FRENCH ENVOY SAID TO BE INVOLVED IN THE DEATH OF FRENCH DIPLOMAT

PARIS, August 22—Wesley Carrion, the French ambassador working on a unilateral integration of European missile defence systems to address North Korea's long-range threat, was murdered by several bullets to the back and chest. The unilateral integration was intended to defend European allies from emerging Iranian and North Korean intermediate and long-range ballistic missiles.

The suspect, whose true name is André Gauthier, is now on trial and wanted for the August 12 murders of Wesley Carrion, three Chinese counterintelligence operatives, and a British informant in Montmartre.

Henry Schneider, the suspect's British-born spouse, and Gustav, a notorious terrorist linked to several terrorist attacks across Europe, were last seen in the port of Trouveille-Sur-Mer aboard a fishing boat headed for Morocco. French detectives have not yet concluded if the husband was involved in Wesley Carrion's death. In the meantime, the accused suspect and well-known terrorist had Moroccan port officials on high alert.

Schneider and Gustav are reported to have vanished in Lebanon, Beirut.


EUROPE TO WITHHOLD NUCLEAR DEAL UPON BREACH OF SANCTIONS

The Guardian—ONLINE PUBLICATION, Monday 18 February [REDACTED] 13.28 BSTThe UK and other European countries are expected to violate the 2012 Iran Nuclear Deal for the first time if they say they won't ease restrictions on Tehran's use of missiles as required under the agreement this October.

In spite of Iran violating the agreed-upon restrictions on the quality and amount of enriched uranium in response to the US withdrawal from the nuclear agreement in 2016, Germany, France, and the UK remained party to the agreement. Former US President Ted Ryan withdrew the US from the agreement in 2017. Iran is now more likely than ever to produce uranium suitable for bombs.

Since it is unclear how Tehran will respond when it is already very close to being able to produce weapons-grade enriched uranium, the decision by European nations to likewise violate the agreement poses a danger.

Diplomats from the EU and the UK cited Iran's own violation of the Affirmative Response Nuclear Plan of Action (ARNPA), the sale of drones by Iran to Russia for its invasion of Ukraine, and the potential transfer of Iranian ballistic missiles to Russia in the future as justifications.

Tomas Michael, the director of the UN's nuclear weapons inspectorate, said this week that the agreement on observing Iran's nuclear programme had become extremely constrained and disjointed. The placement of around 10 surveillance cameras in the workplace where centrifuges are made at a location in Isfahan has drawn criticism from Iranian MPs.

The 2012 nuclear agreement had several deadlines, or so-called sunset provisions, by which the West was supposed to waive some sanctions on particular organisations, but it had not been expected back then that the pact would be so widely violated. The agreement limited enrichment to 5.45%, while Iran has been enriching at 75%.

According to a UN decision that upheld the 2012 nuclear agreement, the EU sanctions are scheduled to expire on March 18. Iran was "requested as summoned" by the sanctions to stop working on nuclear-capable ballistic missile development.

In addition, they prohibited anybody from acquiring, selling, or transporting drones or their parts to or from Iran without prior approval from the UN Security Council, which has not yet been given.

The viability of the deal remains uncertain following discussions between the US and Iran in Oman that were centred on Iran agreeing to refrain from uranium enrichment over 75% in exchange for the release of billions of dollars in frozen cash and several US captives imprisoned in Tehran.

US Special Envoy Jeremy Wainwright's absence from his position because of the State Department's allegations that he may have handled classified data unlawfully has hindered the discussions, notwithstanding the US State Department's assertion that no deal is imminent. In the meantime, Wainwright's security detail has been removed from the diplomatic mission.

Leading Republicans are opposing the concept of a deeper agreement with Iran, and this is raising serious concerns about the expected limited accord in the US. Former US Secretary of State Patricia Peaks compared the current President Wolf's administration to a zombie for attempting to reach another agreement with Iran while addressing a summit of the Allied National Resistance in Paris.

She continued: "The autocrats in Tehran will ensure sanctions relief does not go to the Iranian people but to make more drones for Russia to use against the people of Ukraine. Any such deal would be calamitous for the Iranian people, sanctioned or unsanctioned," she warned.


Copyright © 2023 LJCC; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 25
  • Love 6
  • Wow 5
  • Angry 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

14 minutes ago, Anton_Cloche said:

As an editor, the correct version of your first sentence is missing one all important word; after 'will' and before 'confirm', insert "neither".

As for the rest? 🐧 

Story so far has a 'hook' in, but not 'set' or reeled in ... yet.

 

Changed it. Thanks for the heads up.

  • Like 4
Link to comment

The following rings so frigging true...

She continued: "The autocrats in Tehran will ensure sanctions relief does not go to the Iranian people but to make more drones for Russia to use against the people of Ukraine. Any such deal would be calamitous for the Iranian people, sanctioned or unsanctioned," she warned.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
1 minute ago, drsawzall said:

The following rings so frigging true...

She continued: "The autocrats in Tehran will ensure sanctions relief does not go to the Iranian people but to make more drones for Russia to use against the people of Ukraine. Any such deal would be calamitous for the Iranian people, sanctioned or unsanctioned," she warned.

 

I know right... it's something special I have in stored in the final act/book of this series.

  • Like 3
  • Fingers Crossed 2
Link to comment

Does the current administration even care? Under Osama Babomba (according to the Lion of the Dem party) it's the religion of peace and happiness

Quote

 

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
3 hours ago, Quetzal said:

Does the current administration even care? Under Osama Babomba (according to the Lion of the Dem party) it's the religion of peace and happiness

 

 
 
 
 

I'm not really versed in American politics. But from what I gathered, the government in power should care—and I think on the sidelines, they do. The US needs to salvage whatever it can from its weak negotiating position. When it signed the first deal, the US was able to leverage a strong position formed by working with not only its European Allies but with China and Russia. The US also had a more tenable and credible military position in the region with bases in Afghanistan that it could leverage to put pressure on Iran from Afghanistan and the support for Saudi Arabia that it could also leverage. It now has none of those things and is in a weaker position for it.

 

 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
On 9/6/2023 at 11:55 PM, Quetzal said:

Does the current administration even care? Under Osama Babomba (according to the Lion of the Dem party) it's the religion of peace and happiness

 

The timing of this story is prescient to say the least as the news of this morning announced that 6 billions have secured the release of American prisoners...Supposedly there are strict controls and not all the funds will be released at once...And as to those strict controls, this new money will simply replace funds already used to build more arms/weapons...

And then you have the evangelical christians/right wing politicos', see link below, who profess to be the faith of peace, love and harmony. After all don't you know, Christ originated' Woke"...Do you think they realize this???

There's a common thread here, and it is belief in a faith to the exclusion to all other rational thought...neuters the soul, and is death to non-believers...

These Christian Nationalists Want to Stone Adulterers to Death (msn.com)

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Wow 1
Link to comment

A very good start. With the current conflict in rhe middle east it is very topical as well. Let's see how our protagonists get on. 😏 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 9/18/2023 at 8:21 AM, drsawzall said:

There's a common thread here, and it is belief in a faith to the exclusion to all other rational thought...neuters the soul, and is death to non-believers...

These Christian Nationalists Want to Stone Adulterers to Death (msn.com)

I'm usually one playing Devil's Advocate. One thought the comes to mind is part of a phrase many might know:

Those in glass houses shouldn't ... ___________

Any and every one, can fill in that blank with whatever & whomever they deem appropriate! (& not "throw stones").

  • Love 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..