Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Singleboy15: An Untrue Story - 4. Chapter 4: Not Pictured

This Chapter is really short but sweet. I hope you like it!

It had been several hours since my brother James had come out of the closet to me. Well in a way I think he was never in the closet, just skirted around the issue, especially to our parents. But still how could he be that brave to tell me all of that. I really didnt want to dwell on the subject anymore so I turned my laptop on.

1 New Message. It read at the top of my Singlebottomboy account. I had been off and on it like a man obsessed. For days it had been everything I'd dreamed about. I would find myself curled up in a ball watching the screen, waiting, for anyone to message me.

I imediately opened the message, it was from Candyman69.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To: Singleboy15

From:Candyman69

Hey Devin, I just wanted you to know I finally posted up my pic, I hope you like it!

Love Jerry

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With having our conversations I always wanted to know what Jerry looked like, rather then just talking to an anonymous stranger. I quickly clicked on his name and went to his homepage.

In the picture was a boy with a blue shirt smiling infront of a grey colored background, the background imediately tipped me off that it was a school picture. But what I really found strange was that I thought I'd seen this boy before. I started to type a reply message to him.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To: Candyman69

From: Singleboy15

Hey I saw your picture and for the life of me I thought I saw you from somewhere before. You said you lived close by, maybe we go to the same school. But anyways I think you look really cute!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I quietly waited for a response, I didnt know if it was me but it took a hell of a long time for people to respond on this site. Instead of sitting there I went to go look for my brother Jay to apologize.

His door was locked, 'He must not be home' I thought. I looked in the room across from his, it was Tommy's room. There was no one there. 'Thats odd, were did everybody go?' I knocked on my sisters room.

"What!" She said in an angry pissed off voice.

"Um, its me, Devin, um, were is everybody?" I said. I could hear strange noises coming from the other side of the door, it sounded like buzzing.

"I dont know! Why dont you look for them!" She said again without opening the door.

"Are you okay?" I said wondering what was going on.

"Oh my god." I heard her say under her breath then the buzzing sound stopped. I could hear rustling and then the door opened. "Yeah, Im fine!" She sounded even more pissed then before.

"Um, Im sorry, I just felt alittle lonely." I said looking at the ground. If I knew my sister well,she would fall for my ploy.

She shut the door in my face. "Go play with your internet friends, IM BUSY!" The buzzing sound started again.

I went back to my room with my head towards the ground. I wanted to at least hang with my brothers and sister before they went back to school on Monday. It was Thursday and I would be heading back to school tomorrow, I dont know why they started the second semester on a Friday.

I checked my profile, 1 New Message, it was from Jerry.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To: Singleboy15

From:Candyman69

Um, maybe you saw me haha. Im not sure myself. Um but yeah, anyways.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'That was odd.' Instead of going around this I sent Jerry a chat invite so we could chat in my personal room.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Singleboy15 has entered the chatroom

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I waited a couple of minutes before Jerry entered.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Candyman69 has entered the chatroom

Singleboy15: Hey

Candyman69: Hey buddy

Singleboy15: So are you excited for tomorrow?

Candyman69: What, you wanna meet up?

Singleboy15: No silly, Schools tomorrow!

Candyman69: What? Oh yeah, I almost forgot. haha how dumb of me!

(How could he almost forget, its been on tv and the interent, hell there was a ceremony that all kids K-12 had to attend yesterday.)

Singleboy15: Anyways.

Candyman69: You wanna meet up?

Singleboy15: Cant, I have to get rest for school tomorrow.

Candyman69: That sucks.

Singleboy15: You have to go to school tomorrow too lol

Candyman69: Uh, yeah, totally.

Candyman69: Hey listen I have to go so yeah ttyl kay! I love you, bye!

*Candyman69 has left the chatroom

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That was strange. He usually wants to talk all night.

It was 8 o'clock and I really needed to get some shut eye in order for me to wake up at 4 to catch the bus. The way Jerry acted just seemed suspicious. Just then I got a message. It was from Jerry.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To: Singleboy15

From: Candyman69

I love you

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Those words plagued me, I didnt know what to say to that. How could he love me? He doesnt even really know me. I ignored the message and headed straight to bed.

   

 

 

It was 3:40 on a Friday morning. The sun wasnt past the hills, the morning chill swept through my open window. I could tell from the lights coming from outside my door that my mom was up and making me breakfest. The day before yesterday she was the only one who went with me to the school ceremony. It was alright, they had the older kids play music, there was an abundance of food, it was like a festival of sorts.

"Honey, do you want toast?" My mom said passing me the butter for my pancakes.

"Uh, no thanks ma."

"Well eat up or else your gonna be late!"

I looked at the time, it was 3:55. 'Crap the bus will be here any minute.' I grabbed two pieces of toast and headed outside.

"Make sure you dont forget your backpack dear!" She said tossing me my bag.

"Thanks mom! I'll see you after school!" And just like that the bus turned the corner.

"Whats shaking Dev." Bus Driver Phil said. He used to drop me off to school when I was in elementary school.

"Hey Phil!"

I quickly got a seat at the back of the bus, I always liked staring out the back of the window. It always soothed me. I noticed a boy sitting by himself. I looked and for the life of me he looked so familiar. I tried to analize were I'd seen him before but drew a blank.

It took us 2 hours to reach the school. Harrison High School was a preep academy, it was a very hard school to get into due to the fact that your parents would have to spend a boat load on tuition.

I followed the boy with the familiar face, I wanted to at least know where I'd seen him before. He took off his hoodie and revealed a tight blue shirt, although this is an academy we didnt have to wear the formal uniforms, I remembered were I'd seen him before.

It was Candyman, Jerry, here at my school. He looked exactly like his picture maybe only alittle older, but there was no doubt in my mind that was him. I quickly edged my way to him, he was with friends and I wanted to suprise him. I slowly crept behind him.

"Hey Jona, do you know him?" His friend said to Jerry, I stopped. Jerry turned and looked at me.

"No." Jerry said turning back to the conversation. I was confused.

"Hey Jerry, its me!" I said getting closer to him. He didnt turn around. "Jerry!" I screamed louder. He turned.

"What the hell kid, Im not Jerry!" He said and walked away with his friends. I couldnt breath, I crumbled to the ground. How could he not know me? He first said he loved me and know he doesnt even want anything to do with me, his name isnt even Jerry!

"Are you okay?" a girl said, I looked around and everyone was staring. I ran to the bathroom, tears flooding my eyes.

Copyright © 2011 Matthew Shuffle; All Rights Reserved.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..