Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Singleboy15: An Untrue Story - 6. Chapter 6: The Un/Real Candyman69

Chapter 6 is short but to the point. The whole time I was writing it I just had the candyman song stuck in my head,(the old one not the one by Christina Aguilera) anyways enjoy!

I sat at the top of the stairs, I could hear my parents arguing from downstairs. I had just came out of the closet to my mom, she wasnt happy.

"He cant stay here!" She yelled to my dad, "What if he infects James or Tommy?"

"Calm down Marie! Our son is just gay not a carrier of the plague!" My dad quiped back, he was on my side surpisingly.

"Still! I cant have my other babies infected!" Mom screamed crying into my dads shoulder, her voice cracking under the stress. Tommy sat next to me.

"Whats going on?" He said half asleep.

"I told mom Im gay." I said, my head dug deep into my arms.

"Damn it Dev, you know how mom feels about homosexuality. You shouldnt have said anything." Tommy said getting up to use the bathroom. "Hey whos in the bathroom!" Tom pounded on the door, James was washing the rest of the blood off himself.

"I'm in here Tom! Just give me a few minutes!" James said.

"Whats the matter?" Jessica came out of her room sitting next to me.

"I came out to mom!" I said tears starting to flow out of my eyes.

"Oh honey." She said holding onto me, I cried into her shirt, the screams continued.

"He's cursed!" Mom screamed at my dad. "You cant protect someone whos going to hell!" She grabbed the bible next to the shelf and through it to the ground. "Leviticus 18:22, "Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is an abomination!"

"Meredith!" My dad yelled back. He couldnt believe what she was saying, although my dad was very religious he was also a lawyer. He's taken on a whole veriaty of cases including gay marriage cases. He knew gays werent bad. "Devin is not going to hell!"

"Oh boy, listen Dev I want you to go into you room okay, I'll talk to mommy and daddy okay?" Jessica said she let go of me and headed downstairs. "What the hell is going on in here?"

"Oh Jessica, its horrible, Devin's gay!" Mom said

"So?" Jessica retorted. "He's gay, so what? He's your son! I would've expected you of all people to embrace Dev with open arms rather then treat him like a monster! He doesnt deserve this from you, his mother!"

Mom looked down in shame. Dad looked up at me and gave me a nod to go to my room. I walked the rest of the way to my room, James had just gotten out of the bathroom.

"Come here." He said as I grabbed him and burried my head into his chest, tears running like rapid fire. "Shhh, everything is going to be alright." I remembered tonights events; the man that we killed, the emotion I had when I came out to my mom. If there was anytime i would have been brave enough to come out it was that time. We ended our brotherly hug and I went to my room.

I looked at the time, it was 5 o'clock in the morning. I hadnt gotten any sleep for at least 24 hours. I could see the light coming into my room. As I put my head to my pillow I heard a knock on my door.

"Hello, can I come in?" It was Jessica.

"Yeah." I said in a soft voice, my lips cracked to peaks. She opened the door and sat at the bottom of my bed.

"Hey, so I talked with mom and I think everything is going to be alright." She said rubbing my dirty jeans. "You should get out of those, its not good to sleep in dirt."

I laughed softly then kicked off my pants.

"Okay, get some sleep and I"ll see you later today, okay?" She said heading out the door. "I love you."

"Okay, I love you too sis." I said back in a weak voice, then I slowly drifted off to sleep.

 

 

 

The alarm clock buzzed, I looked up, it was 12:45 in the afternoon. The first thing that popped into my head was 'Was Yesterday a dream?'. I looked at my hands, they were covered in splinters and dirt, no it wasnt a dream. I sat up slowly, my back killing me from digging that hole. I looked at the T.V. I imediately turned it on to the news.

"...Thanks Debra, now on another topic, a man was found murder this morning behind the Huntington park building near Huntington park; the man; who has been identified as Harry Sulivan, was notorious for frequenting the park, often for sexual intercourse. Cops have no suspects so far. In other news..."

I clicked the T.V. off. 'Shit they found him!' I thought as I stared at the blank screen, I started hyperventilating. 'Wait, they dont have any suspects yet. They could test DNA samples right? Fingerprints, what if they find me and James'?' My head spinned with confusion. Just then a Chime came from my computer, I realized that I didnt turn it off from last night. I moved the mouse, Singlebottomboy.com came up, 1 New Message. Tired, I didnt want to read it but I couldnt help myself. 1 New Message from Candyman69.

I looked at it again, my eyes opened wide, the message just was sent to me a second ago. I imediately opened it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To: Singleboy15

From: Candyman69

Hey Devin, sorry I couldnt make it to the park yesterday, we could meet later though. Btw did you hear about the guy who got killed in the park last night. Scary, thank god we werent there. Anyways message me back. I love you!

Love,

Jerry

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I did the only thing I could do at that moment. I screamed "James! James! James! JAMES!" I could hear foot steps running to my room.

"Whats the matter Dev?" James said opening my door. I pointed to the message, he started reading. "Oh fuck."

What a twist. You thought you were rid of Candyman huh?
Copyright © 2011 Matthew Shuffle; All Rights Reserved.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..