Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Singleboy15: An Untrue Story - 8. Chapter 8: My Candyman

The wait is finally over! The reveal of Candyman is finally here! Please enjoy!

I could hear noises all around me, my sister screaming, the paramedics speaking in medical terms, the sound of my mom screaming. I didnt want to open my eyes for fear I would see chaos. I couldnt move, I was strapped down, the sounds of sirens blazing, my dads voice saying, "Stay with me Devin!". I still couldnt open my eyes, the thoughts of the past couple of days filled my head; me and James killing that man, the mishap at school, coming out to my mom, it all consumed me.

"Devin, Devin honey, I need you to open your eyes for me." A soothing woman's voice called to me, I tried to open them but they felt like they were stuck together, then they came apart. I could see this beautiful angel hovering over me, her name tag read Doctor Tate. "There you go honey, now I want you to tell me if this hurts okay?" She said, she started to feel my stomach, feeling around until she got to one spot, the second she touched the spot my body flooded with pain.

"Ow!" I yelped, I could taste the dried up blood on my upper lip.

"Im sorry." She said then she headed outside. I looked up at the ceiling, I couldnt move, the ceiling in the hospital resembled the ceiling at my school, huge rectangles with at least one of them popped open. She came back in, "Okay Devin, we have to do surgery okay." I panicked, I never liked going to the doctors for check ups let alone surgery. "Dont panic, we have the best medical team around and we feel like you might be suffering from eternal bleeding." I looked up and mustered up a look of agreeance. "Good."

     

I waited on the slab while nurses and doctors flooded the room, all of them talking about stuff that had happened to them today. "The Chargers won, I cant wait till the rematch with the Steelers." one said while another person said, "Elyssa had her resital today, I couldnt go on account of..." I could hear someone whisper in my ear.

"Its going to be alright Devin." Doctor Tate said. "Breathe in for me and count backwards from 10." She said as this gas filled my lungs. I began counting.

"10. 9....8.........777" I instantly fell asleep.

     

 

I sat infront of my computer, waiting for a reply.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To: Candyman69

From: Singleboy15

Who are you?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I sent the message to candyman but he hadnt replied yet. Was he scared of the question? I couldnt tell so I waited. Then a chime sound hit my ears, I instantly opened the new message.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To: Singleboy15

From: Candyman69

Im dead.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I looked in my left hand and there were the hedge clippers stained with blood, I dropped them to the floor. All of a sudden the words "1 New Message" filled my computer screen.

 

 

"Dev! Devin, wake up!" I heard, I imediately opened my eyes, it was Jessica. "Oh, thank god!" she yelled as she gave me a big hug, I gave a gasp from the pain from the surgery. "Oh sorry." she let go. I looked around the room, I could see dad sleeping on the chair to my left while Tommy and James slept on the hospital bed to the right. I looked around.

"Were's mom?" I said in a dry voice.

"She's in jail for entrapment and torture charges. I just can't believe she would do that to you." She started crying again.

"It's alright Jess, Im fine." I looked out the window, it looked like it was at least 2 to 3am.

"Im just so glad you didnt die! The doctors said the electric shock voltage level on the machine mom used were extremely too high, in fact it was high enough to cause your kidney to burst." She looked down. "If we didnt show up when we did the doctors said you could have been brain dead or worse." She started to cry again.

"Im not dead sis, I love you all for saving me!" I began to cry too.

"Oh Dev." She hugged me again. "Okay, you have to get some rest so those wounds will heal." She let go and tucked me in tight. I slowly fell back to sleep.

    

I woke up, I could see that eveyone was sleeping, Jessica sleeping on the chair to my right. I smiled alittle knowing that everyone in this room had my back. I looked at the clock next to the TV on the ceiling, it read 3:30am. I looked at my arms, a whole bunch of medical IVs stuck out, it wasnt as painful as it was just annoying. I heard the door open, I could see a sort of figure come toward my bed, I quickly closed my eyes to a squint. It was way to dark to distingush if it was a boy or a girl only that it was wearing a dark hoodie covering their face. It sat next to me, making sure it didnt wake up my sister or brothers. I could hear sob, the sobs of a male.

"Im sorry, Im sorry I wasnt there for you Dev, oh god, you got hurt so bad." He sniffled, he grabbed my hand, holding it really tight, his touch somewhat comforting. "I love you Devin." he said softly to himself then kissed me on the lips, I froze. He then placed a piece of paper in my hand and headed out. As soon as the door slammed shut I looked at the paper, I couldnt identify the words because it was way to dark so I just clutched it in my hand. 'Who was that?' I thought as I slowly drifted off to sleep, the note burried deep in my hand.

 

"Dev, whos this?" A voice said, I opened my eyes and it was Tommy, he was holding the note that that person gave me last night. "Who's Candyman?" he said looking at the note. I reached for it and grabbed it from Tom's hands. I quickly read the note in my head. 'Dear Devin, its me Candyman, I mean Jona. Im sorry I lied to you and Im sorry I wasnt there for you when you got hurt. I love you soo much and I hope to see you. Love Jona.' I put my hands over my mouth in shock. "Looks like you already have a boyfriend Dev, as long as he's not a pedifile." Tommy said then headed to the bathroom, everyone else was sleeping. I held my mouth in shock and remember the kiss, the kiss from Candyman...Jona.

Yay! The mystery of Candyman has been revealed, were you shocked? I was, I had a hard time deciding who Candyman should be, I didnt want him to be too obvious but I didnt want him also to be an invisible person. I hoped you liked this chapter. Than you!
Copyright © 2011 Matthew Shuffle; All Rights Reserved.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..