Jump to content
    Mikiesboy
  • Author
  • 1,587 Words
  • 1,372 Views
  • 12 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Delicious - 12. The Flowers (Prompt 880)

A little bit of fun from the boys.

"Flowers? Okay, what do you want?" I watched my sexy husband as he struggled in the vestibule. I’d gotten up from the sofa and peered down the hall.

Faris juggled a huge bouquet of flowers, an umbrella and two sacks of groceries.

“Help would be nice, to begin with.” Faris grinned then. “Some hot sex later, I’d appreciate that, James.”

Putting my book aside, I moved to help out. “I’m sure you would. Not sure flowers are enough to tempt me though.”

“Oh, that’s nice!” Faris slipped off his shoes. “Who said the flowers are for you?”

I took the umbrella and slid it into the old blue and white porcelain vase that doubled as an umbrella stand. I kissed Faris’s smooth cheek and took the grocery bags. “What did you buy?”

“Stuff for dinner. I fancied steak.”

“Meat, huh?”

A wide, knowing grin spread across his face. “Aye, meat. Don’t you like meat, James?” He reminded me of the Cheshire cat.

“I adore meat, Faris.” I was grinning while I put the bags on the kitchen counter. “You know I do.”

Faris grabbed me from behind. “Aye, I do know. You’re especially fond of a good Scottish sausage.”

I giggled as Faris ground against my denim encased butt. “So, um, who are the flowers for?”

Faris kissed my neck and then whispered in my ear. “I’ll tell you who they’re for … if you’re nice to me, James.”

He never failed to get my motor running. I turned in his arms and threw my own around him. “I’m always nice to you. We could go lay down for a while and um …”

“Um … you can sample the Scottish sausage. Is that what you mean? Hmmm?”

Our romantic and hot moment was interrupted by the arrival of our two dogs. They’d finally realized their beloved one was home. It took Larry and Francis a few moments to get through their doggy door, at one point their two heads were stuck there. Larry, our chocolate Lab growled and Francis backed off. Daddy let his pup know who’s on first!

Once the pair of them made it inside they barked and jumped at Faris, who bent down to pat each furry head.

I busied myself putting the groceries away. The large colourful bouquet of flowers lay on the table still. Oddly, he’d bought a lovely cake as well.

When he’d had enough of playing with the dogs, Faris said, “Go lie down, dogs!” And they galloped off into the living room to settle down.

I watched them leave. “Why don’t they do that for me?”

“Och, well, James, you’re no firm enough w’them.” He grinned at me while patting my ass. “Come on, now. We’ll go for a wee lie down and you can practice your manly wiles on me for a bit.”

“Do I have wiles, Faris?”

“I guess we’ll find out. Come on. You’ve awoken the Sausage and now it’s time to pay the piper!”

While I wondered if that was a mixed metaphor, Faris led me down the hall to our bedroom.

An hour later I lay next to my beautiful, dozing man. I ran my hand over his firm pecs and nice flat belly.

“Mmm, James, you’d best stop that now.”

I smiled wickedly. “Why is that?”

He caught my hand as I moved it farther south. “Because if you awaken the Sausage again you won’t have time to make dinner.”

My forehead wrinkled, but my Faris-Alarm had not yet gone off. I think I was out of practice. “Of course, there’s time. We can eat a little later. It’s nice out, we can grill outside.”

He blinked his large blue eyes at me. “Aye … that’s a good idea. I’d best look at the patio chairs.”

In the past, the Faris-Alarm would have been blocking out all other noise … but not yet. I’d like to say that it was because I no longer needed it. But that would not be the truth. “Yeah, it would be nice to sit outside. It’s been lovely.”

“Aye. I’ll get out the table and extra chairs, while you start to prep dinner.”

My finger which had been innocently circling my husband’s belly-button suddenly poked him hard.

“OW! James! What was that for?” Faris had raised himself onto his elbows.

The ah-oo-ga sound was blaring in my brain. I sat up and stared down at him. “Why do we need extra chairs?”

He stared hard at me for a moment, his blue eyes were icy. “I did tell you about this, James.”

“You didn’t.”

“I am sure I did.” He hadn’t blinked yet.

For a brief moment, I ran through the recent past in my head. I could not drag up this so-called conversation. “I have no memory of whatever this is I’m supposed to be aware of, Faris.”

He sighed then.

If you’ve never experienced a Faris sigh, you’ve never heard a sigh. Honestly, there is nothing that can compare.

I just stared at him, trying to ready myself for what was going to come.

“James.” He sat up straighter, tugging the sheet with him. “James. James. James. I know this for a fact, James. I told you that my old boss Sam Anderson and his wife were coming to Canada and we were going to have them over.”

My eyes widened then. I don’t think they could have gotten any wider. He had mentioned that to me.

“Three months ago, Faris! You mentioned they would be visiting … three months ago!” I got off the bed. I was beside myself and I had to pace. “James, you said, my old wee boss Sam Anderson and his wife Jill will be visiting Canada. We should have them over, you said!” I stopped to shake a finger at him. “You didn’t give me a date. You didn’t mention last month or last week on what date they’d arrive, Faris!”

Faris jumped off the bed. He sent icy blue daggers at me. Turning away, he pulled open the door and stalked down the hall totally naked. As he walked into the kitchen he hollered at the dogs. “Lie down!”

I have to admit that I enjoyed watching him walk down the hall, and the return trip was even better. I think I may have licked my lips.

Upon returning to our room, Faris walked straight toward me. He thrust the flowers at me. “These I bought for you.”

I took the glorious bouquet. The colours were a riot and the perfume heady. I glanced over the top of them, and into my husband’s lovely face. “Um … thank you.”

Faris tugged on my elbow and I sat on the bed beside him. I turned to look at him.

His eyes were huge and filled with regret. “James, I bought these for you because I forgot to tell you Sam and Jill were coming today. It’s why I went shopping and tried to buy something simple to make for dinner. Don’t worry. I can take them out. I don’t blame you for not wanting to come.”

Oh…what a horrible monster I am. I’ve ruined his life! “Oh, baby. Of course, you don’t have to take them out. I’ll help. We have time. Let’s get showered and get on with it.”

Faris hugged me. “Thank you. I don’t deserve you.”

I just smiled at him and shoved him toward the shower.

 

We ended up having a lovely time with our guests. Sam and Faris regaled us with funny stories from their times together in Scotland. After some cake, it was decided that we’d take them on a drive to Niagara Falls the next day.

After arranging where we’d meet, Jill and Sam departed, leaving us alone. We tidied up and collapsed on the sofa. The dogs immediately settled at our feet.

“Thank you for a great night, James.” Faris leaned over and kissed me.

I looked at my sexy and handsome husband. “You planned all of this, didn’t you Faris? The whole thing?”

Faris’ eyes grew round.

“Don’t try it, just admit it.”

“I’m sorry, James.”

He sounded suitably sad.

“You’re not though … not really.”

He smiled and took my hand. “I did forget to tell you. Sam called me during a really busy time and … well, I did forget.”

I kissed him. “Well, you’re forgiven. Memory starts to go when you get older.”

“What?” Faris looked at me. “What do you mean? Older?”

I sat back, and put my hands behind my head. “If it gets bad enough, I may have to take a lover.”

“WHAT?”

“Yes, I mean, I have needs, Faris. You don’t want me to suffer, do you? It would just be for sex. You’d be okay with that wouldn’t you? My feelings for you won’t change.”

Faris had turned to look at me. “You think when I’m … we’re older that I won’t be able to …? Well, I’ll show you. Get up, James.”

“Huh?”

“Up … get to the bedroom. You didn’t eat a lot and so I’ll make sure you have your fill of sausage tonight … and in the morning. UP!”

He jumped up, followed by the dogs.

I raised an eyebrow, grinned and followed him down the hall.

After slapping my butt as I went by him at the bedroom door, he hollered down the hall. “Dogs! Bed.”

Then turned to me and said, “Bed. Now!”

And he shut the door.

 

The End

For Prompt 880 First Line: Flowers? Okay, what do you want? Thanks for reading. Your likes and thoughts are appreciated.
Copyright © 2017 Mikiesboy; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 5
  • Love 5
  • Haha 6
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Story Discussion Topic

You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

That was fun. I always enjoy these little glimpses into Faris and James' lives. Thank you.

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to comment
  • Site Moderator

One last thing, now that I’ve got the giggles under control.

When all is said and done James and Faris’s love for each other is so strong and so deep, they can get through anything - even Faris’s forgetfulness - and come out on the other side intact and in love. Kudos to these two for seeing the bigger picture and for not sweating the small, and not so small, stuff. 

As always, well done, tim. :thumbup: 

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

I can hear that sweet Scottish accent clear as day as Faris fesses up to his mistake.  

Good to see these two again. It's been a while since I read the other tales and this was a nice surprise for the weekend. 

Thanks tim!

  • Like 2
  • Love 2
Link to comment
22 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

It’s a bit early to be leaving comments, because I’m still reading, but I just gotta say

Yay!! The boys are back!!!!!! :D 

Oh and this: 

:rofl:

Marvellous, just marvellous. 

Okay, aback to the story...

 

 

22 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

Aaannndd, I’m done! 

I giggled all the way through this romp. Then it got a wee bit serious, but not for long... :P 

Thank you for this, tim. It was truly a delightfully delicious read. :2thumbs:

 

Thanks, Reader. I'm glad you got a couple of laffs out of this one.

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment
21 hours ago, mollyhousemouse said:

what a treat!

poor Faris, he knew he had goofed & was trying to make amends

and that last conversation on the couch, lol!

thanks for the smiles tim!

 

Thanks, molly. I'm glad you liked it. Faris knows he done wrong.. LOL. xoxo

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
19 hours ago, dughlas said:

That was fun. Nice to catch up with the boys again.

Thanks dugh.. it's been awhile. Thanks for reading and for your comments.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
5 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

One last thing, now that I’ve got the giggles under control.

When all is said and done James and Faris’s love for each other is so strong and so deep, they can get through anything - even Faris’s forgetfulness - and come out on the other side intact and in love. Kudos to these two for seeing the bigger picture and for not sweating the small, and not so small, stuff. 

As always, well done, tim. :thumbup: 

Thanks again, Reader.  it was nice to write them again. xo

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
7 minutes ago, kbois said:

I can hear that sweet Scottish accent clear as day as Faris fesses up to his mistake.  

Good to see these two again. It's been a while since I read the other tales and this was a nice surprise for the weekend. 

Thanks tim!

Faris being Scottish just happened.  You know how that is.  Thanks for your comment. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..