Jump to content
    Mikiesboy
  • Author
  • 3,364 Words
  • 3,159 Views
  • 37 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Dessert - 1. Dessert

We all deserve a second chance, or do we?
Contains descriptions of sex but there's no violence.

Dessert

 

Bubbles rose through the amber ale, and gathered in the remaining foam at the top of the glass. I grasped it, and its curves nestled in my hand like a lover.

Ah, geez that’s shit – like I can write.

Maybe I can’t write, but I can and do feel sorry for myself, and my lack of a social life. Okay David, let’s be honest, lack of any kind of life.

I sipped the now-warm brew, and forced it down with a grimace. Replacing the glass onto the sticky tabletop, I glanced up at the bar – maybe 10 feet away. My gaze swept across the backs of the patrons that stood there; I was looking for some afternoon delight, with any luck, but alas it didn’t seem likely. But, there was something – well someone – that drew my eyes back.


I looked again searching more carefully this time – there, the one in the black leather jacket. So familiar, but I knew it couldn’t be him, just couldn’t be, but I so hoped it was, but at the same time, hoped it was not. There was something in how he stood there, slumped a little to the right, hips just a little uneven. I knew that back, those legs and shoulders.

Sure, I could walk up there, spin him around and see, but how would he react; would he remember me? Of course he’d remember, you ass. I’d left him in the hospital, left him in pain, alone and scared. I dumped him after he’d been beaten and cut up so badly I couldn’t bear to look at him. No, not bear to, just couldn’t be bothered to; I hadn’t cared enough.

Rob had been on his way to see me, to spend the night. Back then beating gays was a popular thing to do. This night a group of vicious bastards snatched him off the street, beat him and then to make sure he’d not forget he was a freak, they sliced his face with something, the doctors thought perhaps a pull tab from a can of beer. The hospital called me and I said I’d come. I did, after I finished entertaining for the evening and my guests had gone home.

I’d walked into his room and there he was, covered in bandages, attached to beeping machines. I remember being relieved that he was asleep. I never spoke to him, never touched him. My only thought was, I wasn’t going to deal with it and wasn’t it a shame about his beautiful face. And that I, the great actor and sex symbol, couldn’t be seen with someone like that.

No sir not me - shallower than a kid’s plastic swimming pool.


Time and hard work changed me somewhat. I’d learned lessons in humility the hard way, and after a few years of looking at what a supercilious prick I was, things began to change. Looks mattered less I told myself now. It was what was inside that mattered. Still, a pretty face was a temptation.

‘Black leather’ had turned to lean on the bar on his left arm. Oh, it had to be him, the straight sexy nose, strong chin, that wavy dark hair I used to grab hold of while we ... I was going to say ‘made love’. But I never made love to him, if I’m being honest. I just screwed him. That’s what he was to me then, a pretty toy, something that looked good on my arm.

As I thought about being in bed with him, I felt my dick stir; I had to shift to get comfortable again. He’d been a willing and imaginative lover. It just never mattered to me. I never thought about him enough to wonder why he tried to please me so.

I’m not sure why he did, but he slowly turned his head and his eyes scanned over the tables and passed me, but I felt his gaze return. Those sky-blue eyes, meeting my brown ones, his lips twitched in recognition. I was suddenly cold and nauseous, and wondered if I should just get up and leave.

I watched him order another drink, and pay for it; he walked over and stood before me. The plastic surgery he’d had helped, but I could still see the scars under his dark trimmed beard. “Rob … you look good.”

He sipped his drink and motioned to the empty chair. “Can I sit?”

“Sure.”

Damn, he was still in good shape, no belly, slim like a runner, moved like a cat. I could see his abs under his tight t-shirt. “You look good.”

Rob smiled. “You’ve said, thanks. Looks seem to count a lot with some people.”

The knife of guilt I’d carried since I’d dumped him, twisted in my gut. “Rob … I … things were ....”

“You left me alone, you fucker.” He spoke softly, but the words were like daggers. He took a mouthful of his drink. “I fucking loved you, and you left me there alone, in pain without a second thought.”

“I wasn’t a good person then, Rob. I’m very sorry. I was shallow, only thought about myself.”

“David …” he leaned toward me, speaking softly. “Shallow isn’t the word for you. I woke up thinking the guy I loved would be there to help me, to hold my hand, share his strength. What an ass I was. You ran when you saw the mess they made of my face.”

His eyes betrayed an anger, maybe even a hatred, that his voice didn’t. In some ways that made it worse, but he was right of course. I’d left him the night he’d regained consciousness. I’d thought a lot of myself for waiting that long. I’d been man enough to tell him in person – as if that were enough.

“Rob, that was six years ago. I am sorry, really sorry. I’m not proud of what I was back then or what I did to you.”

He leaned back and looked at me. I felt uncomfortable and wished I was elsewhere. “So David, you still acting?”

Oh here it comes, he already knows. “No. I gave it up. I finally learned I’m not talented enough.” Wow, did I say that out loud?

Rob simply smirked. “No? Then what are you doing?”

“I took up cinematography. It’s a good living and I enjoy it. Still on movie sets all the time, meet lots of good people.” It felt good to tell him the truth. “What about you?”

“Waiter. I like it, like all the people.”

“You were always good with people, Rob. Better than I was. But then you were never as full of yourself as I was.”

The soft lips I used to kiss, smiled just a little. “You with anyone? Married, now that we’re allowed to?”

“No, not married, not dating anyone right now.” Hope fluttered in my heart. “How about you? You’ve probably been snapped up by some smart guy.”

His chuckle was music to my ears. “No, not yet. I’ve dated some but there’s been no one special.”

No! I couldn’t believe he was single. Did I dare? “That’s a surprise.”

“Is it?” He swallowed the last of his drink and stood up. Those magic blue eyes sparkled. “Well, can’t say it’s been a pleasure. I always thought I’d punch you if I ever saw you again. But there you go.”

“You going?”

“Yeah. Been a long day.” He zipped up his leather jacket. I couldn’t help but look at his crotch. I mean it was right there, at my eye level. He caught me and I felt like a pervert.

“Still wearing button ups, huh?” I wanted to reach out and undo those buttons. Slowly. One-at-a-time. I knew what lay beneath those sexy denims.

A grin played on his lips. “Least you have to buy me dinner.”

What? What did he say? Dinner. I’ll buy him anything if he means it.

I stood up and stammered like I was auditioning for The King’s Speech. “Su, su sure. Whenever you want.”

“Now?”

“Shit yeah, sure. You still into Chinese?” I put on my jacket. “I know a great place you’ll like.”

Rob looked at me and smiled. It was beautiful. “Sounds good. I’m hungry.”

I wondered how I could have been such an asshole to him.

The sky was clearing but the sidewalks glistened with recent rain, air scented with petrichor and lilac. We walked along, talking. He seemed to warm to me a little. Rob slipped his arm through mine; I pulled him close. “I know you can’t forgive me, Rob. But I have changed, I’m only sorry it’s so late in the day.”

We sat in the restaurant and I ordered wine. After pouring and sipping the terrific dry white, I asked him about the elephant in the room. “So, I have to ask. Why are you here? I mean I was a total shit to you.”

Rob stared at the wine in his glass. “I’m curious. I loved you in spite of how you were. I thought there was more to you. But you never let it show. I suppose I should have given up, but I’m stubborn I guess.”

I reached across the table and stroked his cheek, then dropped my hand to take his. I squeezed gently. Rob squeezed back but then pulled away. As deserved as it was, it hurt.

After eating, we left the restaurant and we stood awkwardly on the street. Rob shoved his hands in his pockets and said, “Thanks for dinner, David.”

“You’re welcome and thank you. Do you want a cab? I don’t have my car with me, or I’d give you a ride.” Fuck, I sounded like a babbling idiot.

Rob looked at me. His voice was soft: “Are we done? I thought dessert’s at yours.”

I couldn’t believe he wanted to be with me. I promised him silently, this time it would be different. “Y y yes, s s sure. I’ll grab us a cab.”

We settled on the couch at my place. I offered him a drink, but he declined. I turned to him, touched his face, held his chin and kissed him softly, my lips hungry for his. We kissed like teenagers necking, our lips and tongues searching; I felt his breath on my face. My eyes watered, oh, he still smelled like him.

I pulled him close, held him, and mumbled that I wanted him. Then, still kissing him, I ran my hands over the muscular back, caressed his thighs. I groaned as he pressed my hand against his erection, teasing me, his hips rocking against my hand. God, I wanted him. His lips soft on mine, he sucked my tongue like it was my dick, until I thought I was going to explode. Finally we separated for a minute. Rob smiled and ran a finger over the bulge in my jeans. “Take me upstairs, David.”

I kissed him quickly. “You sure? Rob, I want this to be right.”

“No, I don’t want to wait. I just wanna be with you.”


So, I took him to my bedroom. I sat on the bed, and pulled him in front of me. I ran my hands over his chest and belly. I pulled on the waist of his jeans and rubbed his package through the thick material. He groaned and squeezed my shoulders. I unbuttoned his jeans, slowly, one button at-a-time exposing the warm soft skin, the hardness of him, enjoying his gasps as I touched and kissed the sensitive skin. Slowly I pushed the denims down, releasing his hard throbbing cock.

Then standing to kiss him, I peeled off his t-shirt, enjoying his impatience and his muscular body. I rained kisses on his lips, his chest; licked and sucked sensitive nipples, his moans of pleasure driving me on. I kissed my way down his body, and knelt in front of him. I reached up with my left hand and gently dragged my nails over his nipples as I kissed and sucked his hard cock. My other hand caressed and rolled his balls, and I bent further and sucked them, pulled them into my mouth and rolled them and tugged his sack. I glanced up, his head was thrown back and he moaned softly. His hands were in my hair holding me there while I continued to tease and taste him.

I took his hard cock into my mouth. He wobbled slightly but regained his balance as I licked the hard shaft, then moved to his belly and nibbled his tender inner thighs. He writhed as I enjoyed my work, making him wait, making him beg. Finally he groaned and told me he was close, and I took his cock deep and drank all he gave me. I continued to gently suck his softening cock, enjoying his groans and jerks as I hit sensitive spots.

I pushed him down onto the bed and then crawled up his hot body; until I kissed his lips, the taste of his cum still on mine; “You taste so good, baby.” He groaned and sucked my lips hungrily. We kissed for a while until he was ready again, his dick thickening.

I was beyond hard – I needed to fuck him. I kissed him. “Robbie, I wanna be inside you.” He nodded and pushed my hand down his body and pulled up his knees. Ah jeez, even after all this time he was still mine.

I pulled open the nightstand drawer and pulled out lube and a condom. Rob reached for the condom and opened it. I bent to kiss him. Rob rolled the condom over my hard cock, grinning as he did. Kissing him again, I said, “Stay on your back, baby.” I knelt between his legs and coated my hard dick with lube. He pulled his knees forward and I poured some KY over his ass. I massaged his perfect butt, pushed two fingers into him and he groaned and pulled at me trying to hurry me. I continued to finger him and when he was open and ready, I mounted him, sliding my now thick, hard, throbbing cock into him slowly, letting his body adjust. We both groaned enjoying the pain and pleasure of it.

Slowly, I pushed myself into him. My cock finally in so deeply my balls rested on his butt. I felt him beneath me as I held his legs and he moved back against me. Being inside him felt hot, tight and so smooth, I could barely control myself as I thrust into him, listened to his groans, him begging me to fuck him harder. He played with my nipples as I rode him, reached for my ass and balls as we fucked. I gave him more, harder, gave him what he’d asked me for, until we both found release, both of us climaxing hard, his cum coating us both.

I lay on him afterward, whispering in his ear, telling him he was mine, that he was perfect, that I wanted him. I kept him under me, kissing him, teasing ears, nipples and neck until we were both hard and ready again. We explored, and kissed each other through the early hours of the night.

They were the best hours of my life.

Then, afterwards I held him close, his strong, sweat-sheened body pressed to mine. Years before, I would have left him alone, not interested in the afterglow, in caressing him, callously I’d get up and let him go to sleep alone while I showered his sweat and cum off me, but now, I wanted to hold him. He snuggled close and then I felt his warm tears on my shoulder. I turned to look at him.

His eyes filled with long remembered pain and memories that I should have helped him with years before. “They hurt me, David...”

Sobs shook him and I held him close. “I know. I’m sorry Robbie. I’m so sorry.” I held him as he cried himself to sleep.

<><><>

The smell of coffee and buttered toast filtered into my brain, but it was Rob’s kisses on my neck that roused me in more ways than one. I turned over and pulled him on top of me. We kissed, our desire for each other growing again. He groaned and rocked his hips against me. I pulled him tight to me, both of us kissing and grinding against each other. I was hard for him again.

Never stop wanting me, Rob. Please.

“Mmmm, morning. You’re up early,” I said into his warm neck.

“Want some coffee?”

I kissed him again, enjoying his obvious pleasure. I could feel his hardness against my thigh. He asked me if I wanted him. I assured him I did, but I had other things in mind. “There’s time for that later. I thought we could shower, maybe go for a drive and just spend the day together.”

He sat up, and smiled. “I’d like that.”

“Good, let’s jump in the shower.”

Then, we drove along the Ocean Park Highway, and after a somewhat late lunch on the pier, we walked along the beach together enjoying the gentle waves, the cool salt breezes and the gulls soaring above us. I sat on a large smooth weathered log and pulled Rob down beside me. I held his face in my hands as I kissed him. He moaned and leaned into me, wanting and ready for more.

I let him go and he turned to watch the horizon. Unable to stop myself, I looked at his profile, classic and familiar. I was scared, but I had to say it. “I love you, Rob.”

He stared ahead, but the muscles in his jaw clenched.

“I know I’m six years too late. I know I hurt you, abandoned you when you needed me most. But I’ve never stopped thinking about you. I’ve wished for a second chance. I don’t deserve it, I know.”

I paused for a bit. Rob didn’t move, just stared ahead. I took his hand, he didn’t pull away but he didn’t react either.

“Rob, please give me a second chance. I love you. I know that now, I always did.”

He picked up a handful of sand and we both watched it run through his fingers. A sigh escaped his lips and his shoulders sagged. I put my arm around him and he laid his head against me. “I love you too, David. I’ve never stopped. But being with you, even before – that night – we were never really together were we? You just wanted a pretty plaything, and you dumped me when you knew I wouldn’t be pretty anymore. What’s gonna stop you from doing the same thing?”

A shard of fear sliced through my heart. Fear that maybe this would be the last time I’d see him, or touch him. “Please, Rob. I have changed. Give me a chance to prove it to you.”

He didn’t move, just sat next to me. “This is what I want, Rob. Us together always, till the end.” I had to make him understand. “What’s that saying? I read it somewhere … grow old along with me?”

“The best is yet to be ...” He put his hand on my thigh. “… It’s Browning.”

I stood up and pulled him up next to me. I had to make him see. “There’s been no one else since I left you. I tried, believe me, but just couldn’t. I knew it was you, only you, Robbie. So I got help, wanted to be a better person. So I got my head outta my ass and took a close look and changed.”

Those gorgeous blue, intelligent eyes searched mine then, like he was looking for my lies of old. “I know.”

“Then? Please. You want me to beg?” I wiped away the hot tears that had started. “To get on my knees?”

He laughed then. “Well, maybe later. But right now ... ” He put his arms around me and gently bit my ear lobe. “I want some more dessert.”

I kissed him then.

And I haven’t stopped.

Thanks to AC, for his patience, talent and well, more patience with me and my decorative commas.
Any mistakes are mine.
Copyright © 2017 Mikiesboy; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 38
  • Love 5
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Story Discussion Topic

You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments



Looking at the outside... that is what many tend to do. Whether with ourselves or others. Getting the latest in hairstyles, clothing, makeup, etc. All to be beautiful.
And yet, it is the inside that counts so much. Is the person kind? Mean? Compassionate? Cruel? ...Loving? We take that extra step to look pass the outside, and see the inside.

 

David made a mistake six years ago. He left Robbie when he was attacked. And wasn't there as Robbie recovered. All David saw was Robbie's scars. Yet, he learned from his mistakes, and Tim you captured his path to redemption beautifully.

 

Thank you Tim for another great story :hug:

  • Like 4
Link to comment

Tim, another great story. The way you write, the best I can describe is creating a perfect mental image of what you're saying. I can see every tear, every smile and feel every emotion your characters express. Thanks for sharing this.
Wolf

  • Like 4
Link to comment

That's a wonderful story, Tim. For all the steamy dessert, the best part is David admitting his shortcomings and begging for a second chance. And then Robbie allowing that, yes, he'll grant that. This is a story that goes to the heart of all of us needing forgiveness for the many mistakes we've made over the course of our lives. Thank you for the hope in this story; we surely need it.

  • Like 4
Link to comment

The story of a man who wasn't ready for love, who ran away from it, but by some miracle was granted another chance, after he'd realized what he'd lost and strove to become worthy of the love of a good man.Wonderful, tim. :hug:

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to comment

It's hard to kill real love, but it's very possible. David is one lucky man to have a second chance. Betrayal comes in many forms, and he betrayed Robbie big time. This story really spoke to me, touched me... I've been asked for that forgiveness, but I could never give it... the damage was too severe. Ironic that I found myself rooting for David. A wonderfully told, very believable story of redemption. People can change. They need a reason to, and it looks like the empty life David was living, gave him his. The dessert, while hot and beautiful, wasn't what was important here... it was the difference in how David acted afterwards. It was the verification needed to show Robbie there was something more to the man he thought he'd wasted his love on. Evocative, and stunning... a truly feel-good little journey... I knew you had these in you... well done, my friend... it was full of heart... cheers... Gary....

  • Like 5
Link to comment

That Robbie allowed David a second chance is a gift. If I'm being honest, I guard my heart too closely to even have considered a second chance. Forgiveness maybe. At the same time, I can see clearly that Robbie would have denied himself and David the chance of a great love because of a thoughtless mistake so long ago. People do change and sometimes it's worth taking the chance.
I liked how you wrote David correcting his thoughts as he observed Robbie, to align with how he felt back then. It shows that he honestly had a good look at who he was then, and he knows he's not that person now.
Growth, redemption, forgiveness and love. All woven wonderfully into yet another great story Tim. Well done.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
On 11/16/2015 08:46 AM, Drew Espinosa said:

Looking at the outside... that is what many tend to do. Whether with ourselves or others. Getting the latest in hairstyles, clothing, makeup, etc. All to be beautiful.

And yet, it is the inside that counts so much. Is the person kind? Mean? Compassionate? Cruel? ...Loving? We take that extra step to look pass the outside, and see the inside.

 

David made a mistake six years ago. He left Robbie when he was attacked. And wasn't there as Robbie recovered. All David saw was Robbie's scars. Yet, he learned from his mistakes, and Tim you captured his path to redemption beautifully.

 

Thank you Tim for another great story :hug:

Thank you Drew. If you need and get one, don't mess up your second chance. Thank you for your thoughtful review and for your support.

 

I appreciate it.

 

tim

  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 11/16/2015 08:52 AM, WolfM said:

Tim, another great story. The way you write, the best I can describe is creating a perfect mental image of what you're saying. I can see every tear, every smile and feel every emotion your characters express. Thanks for sharing this.

Wolf

Wolf, thank you for reading Dessert and for your kind comments. I really appreciate your support.

 

tim

  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 11/16/2015 09:04 AM, Parker Owens said:

That's a wonderful story, Tim. For all the steamy dessert, the best part is David admitting his shortcomings and begging for a second chance. And then Robbie allowing that, yes, he'll grant that. This is a story that goes to the heart of all of us needing forgiveness for the many mistakes we've made over the course of our lives. Thank you for the hope in this story; we surely need it.

Thank you Parker. Considering my past, I have issues with sex in stories, it's hard for me to write but I thought it was important here. It showed that David had changed and that Rob thought the same. Thanks for your comments and for your support. I appreciate it.

 

tim

  • Like 3
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator

Wow...what a great story. I love stories of redemption and second chances for flawed characters. I felt David's sincerity and Rob's love. When Rob broke down after they made love and said "they hurt me", it was like a punch in the gut. He carried around that hurt for so long. I hope they both find the healing they need in each other and live a long, happy life together. Some things are worth taking a second chance on.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
  • Site Moderator

Hey tim
Petrichor - There is another word you've taught me. Heck, I didn't even know there was a word for that smell. It was just something to drink in and savour...
Dessert is a wonderful tale of forgiveness and redemption. It is a reminder that the reward can be great if only we are brave enough to take a chance.
As always, nicely done. :)

  • Like 4
Link to comment
On 11/16/2015 09:09 AM, Timothy M. said:

The story of a man who wasn't ready for love, who ran away from it, but by some miracle was granted another chance, after he'd realized what he'd lost and strove to become worthy of the love of a good man.Wonderful, tim. :hug:

Hi Tim, thanks very much for reading this. I appreciate it. I'm glad you enjoyed it and it worked.

 

tim

  • Like 4
Link to comment
On 11/16/2015 09:53 AM, Headstall said:

It's hard to kill real love, but it's very possible. David is one lucky man to have a second chance. Betrayal comes in many forms, and he betrayed Robbie big time. This story really spoke to me, touched me... I've been asked for that forgiveness, but I could never give it... the damage was too severe. Ironic that I found myself rooting for David. A wonderfully told, very believable story of redemption. People can change. They need a reason to, and it looks like the empty life David was living, gave him his. The dessert, while hot and beautiful, wasn't what was important here... it was the difference in how David acted afterwards. It was the verification needed to show Robbie there was something more to the man he thought he'd wasted his love on. Evocative, and stunning... a truly feel-good little journey... I knew you had these in you... well done, my friend... it was full of heart... cheers... Gary....

Gary. Thank you. Your comments are terrific. I wondered how you'd feel about this and David, because he was pretty awful person. I wanted to write it from his POV, because I wondered how he'd feel about himself and the fact Rob considered giving him a chance. I wondered about the sex, but decided that without it Rob may not have been have been vulnerable enough to let his feelings out to David.

 

I'm glad you liked this Gary. It means a lot.

 

tim

  • Like 4
Link to comment
On 11/16/2015 10:10 AM, Defiance19 said:

That Robbie allowed David a second chance is a gift. If I'm being honest, I guard my heart too closely to even have considered a second chance. Forgiveness maybe. At the same time, I can see clearly that Robbie would have denied himself and David the chance of a great love because of a thoughtless mistake so long ago. People do change and sometimes it's worth taking the chance.

I liked how you wrote David correcting his thoughts as he observed Robbie, to align with how he felt back then. It shows that he honestly had a good look at who he was then, and he knows he's not that person now.

Growth, redemption, forgiveness and love. All woven wonderfully into yet another great story Tim. Well done.

Def, thank you for reading this and for your excellent comments. Rob saw what David could be, hoped he'd be, but was wrong about his courage the first time, I'm glad he was right the second time. Thanks again Def, i appreciate your support.

 

tim

  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 11/16/2015 10:59 AM, Valkyrie said:

Wow...what a great story. I love stories of redemption and second chances for flawed characters. I felt David's sincerity and Rob's love. When Rob broke down after they made love and said "they hurt me", it was like a punch in the gut. He carried around that hurt for so long. I hope they both find the healing they need in each other and live a long, happy life together. Some things are worth taking a second chance on.

Thank you very much, Valkrie. I hope you're right and I think they do. I don't think David will let Rob get away again. Thank you for reading this and for leaving a comment. I really appreciate it.

 

tim

  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 11/16/2015 11:07 AM, Reader1810 said:

Hey tim

Petrichor - There is another word you've taught me. Heck, I didn't even know there was a word for that smell. It was just something to drink in and savour...

Dessert is a wonderful tale of forgiveness and redemption. It is a reminder that the reward can be great if only we are brave enough to take a chance.

As always, nicely done. :)

Hi Reader. It's a cool word, isn't it? It stuck with me after I read it some place years ago. Sometimes you have to take a chance and that's what both guys did. David could have run, he didnt have to say I love you, and Rob could have left without a word. But they both wanted the same thing in the end. Thanks for reading and for your support.

 

tim

  • Like 3
Link to comment

For me this story wasn't as much about forgiveness as it was about redemption. I am happy that Rob forgave David, but I'm more proud that David had worked to change himself before he ever saw Rob. He did it without any idea if he was going to see Rob again. That, for me, tells me he has honestly changed and won't willingly hurt Rob again. Wonderfully done, Tim :)

  • Like 5
Link to comment
On 11/16/2015 12:16 PM, LitLover said:

For me this story wasn't as much about forgiveness as it was about redemption. I am happy that Rob forgave David, but I'm more proud that David had worked to change himself before he ever saw Rob. He did it without any idea if he was going to see Rob again. That, for me, tells me he has honestly changed and won't willingly hurt Rob again. Wonderfully done, Tim :)

Thank LL. Yeah David did change without knowing he'd see Rob. I think he tired of himself. I think he really wanted a decent chance for a life. They both got lucky.

 

Thanks LL.. i love your comments.. always. Thanks for your support.

 

tim

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Yes, some people deserve a second chance more than others. But how can you tell the difference? "I've changed" they say (like we haven't heard that line before). I don't feel it was about Rob forgiving David, but more like David forgiving himself for loosing (ok, almost loosing) the one he ever loved, even if he didn't know it back then.

 

Excellent story. It has selfishness, fears, loneliness, regrets, hope and the most important, a happy ending.

 

And for Rob's sake, I sure hope David doesn't fail him again, because I've never heard anything about third chances.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
On 11/16/2015 01:20 PM, bignick said:

Yes, some people deserve a second chance more than others. But how can you tell the difference? "I've changed" they say (like we haven't heard that line before). I don't feel it was about Rob forgiving David, but more like David forgiving himself for loosing (ok, almost loosing) the one he ever loved, even if he didn't know it back then.

 

Excellent story. It has selfishness, fears, loneliness, regrets, hope and the most important, a happy ending.

 

And for Rob's sake, I sure hope David doesn't fail him again, because I've never heard anything about third chances.

Hey nick.. third chances .. no i dont think so. Thanks for reading my friend. I appreciate it. Your right David had to change and forgive himself before he'd be anything to anyone else.

 

I appreciate your support.

 

tim

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Really good story Tkm. I think the important thing about the story was that Dave wanted to change - on his own. I agree with Nick - I hope Dave doesn't fail Rob again because I can't see him giving him a third chance.

  • Like 4
Link to comment

IDK if there is really anything left to say that hasn't been said already, beautifully written it really touched me deeply...
To go so long and realizing that the one you were truly in love with was right there with you but you just walked away, and then get that second chance, so very few get that....AMAZING !!!!

 

I know I'm probably forgetting something but honestly I don't have many more ways to say how much I loved this story it was just so wonderful...

  • Like 4
Link to comment

Nicely done, I think it worked because we got to see that David had changed, really changed and now was ready for love. He was extremely lucky that Robbie was prepared to give him a second chance.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
On 11/16/2015 02:33 PM, EagleIsaac said:

Really good story Tkm. I think the important thing about the story was that Dave wanted to change - on his own. I agree with Nick - I hope Dave doesn't fail Rob again because I can't see him giving him a third chance.

Hey Isaac, thank you for reading this piece. I like to think David doesn't fail again. He was an ass who figured it out and wanted a chance with anyone I think but the universe decided for them both.

Appreciate your comments and support.

 

tim

  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 11/16/2015 04:53 PM, 1brokNangel said:

IDK if there is really anything left to say that hasn't been said already, beautifully written it really touched me deeply...

To go so long and realizing that the one you were truly in love with was right there with you but you just walked away, and then get that second chance, so very few get that....AMAZING !!!!

 

I know I'm probably forgetting something but honestly I don't have many more ways to say how much I loved this story it was just so wonderful...

Hi 1brokNangel, oh wow, thank you very much. I'm glad this touched you, it's the last few paragraphs that get me.. not because I'm some great writer, I just write stuff down for them, the characters and David's sincerity gets me. Thanks for feeling them too.

 

tim

  • Like 3
Link to comment

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..