Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Finding Salvation in the Dark - 1. The Meeting

This story is written by me and a friend named Chynyll from Y!Gallery. She does not have an account here yet, so, I have to say it here. Thank you and that's all.
We own Alexander, Liam, Markus, and Antonin. Anything that is a name brand that we use, we don't own and mean no copyright infringement.

Note from Rose Strailo:
Beta'd by Essayel and unbroken_halo. Thank you, you two for your wonderful work.
First of all, all characters are either mine or Chynyll's. Antonin (only one mentioned so far) belong so Chynyll, while Alexander, Kilim, Liam and Markus are mine. So many...
Now, the posting schedule is tentativly every week on friday, my time, 1 chapter per week, with possible side stories, or just random stories on occasion.
Now, that's done, I've had muchly fun doing this. Chynyll is a wonderful writer and I love working with her. She's just so much fun and I wonder if we aren't some how sharing a brain with the way we work...*thinks*
Anyways, Alexander and Antonin, from the moment we started, just clicked so nicely. They are due to be bonded, and I feel very special to have my character as Antinons Consort. It makes me feel warm and fuzzy. For now, I hope you enjoy this chapter.

Note from Chynyll:
Well, it's finally here, the first chapter. Aren't you excited? I know I am. I can't wait to see what you all think about this. Antonin and Alexander really are made for each other and they're just the beginning. While writing this we disovered we both have other characters who would suit each other perfectly and you will see tham all later in this story.
Strailo already mentioned all of hers, mine are Antonin, Darius, Elena, Maria and Cyril and Aleric, and the last two will end up together with two of Strailos boys before it's all over. I won't say which two; you'll have to read to find out
In any case, thank you all for being so patient as we put this together. We hope you enjoy it, and if you have questions ask? The vampire world as Antonin explains it is a concept of my own and therefore copyrighted to me, so please, don't use any of it without talking to me first. I plan to use it in a novel I’m working on for publication and I'd prefer not to have anything getting in the way of that. Anyway, now that we've talked you ear off, go read the story!

^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^

1. The Meeting

Stepping out of his jeep, Alexander fixed his rather fluffy skirt for a geisha costume and looked at the fences and the tarp like walls that surrounded the party in the square. The moon was shining down through what looked to be a gauzy top that would help protect the partiers from the wind. Once inside, he smiles at the setup. Against the farthest wall of the tarp surrounding the huge space, was a stage with low lights and a dj in a zombie costume.

Beside the stage there were many long tables with food and people to help you with it, drinks, both alcoholic and straight, and various goodies you could buy, mostly in mini stalls scattered around. Besides the food and drink tables were tables and chairs for the people to buy. Tucked in a corner was a game area, with various types of games and machines. There were quite a few people already there, but he was lucky enough that they didn't fill the square.

Waving to a friend in a pink princess outfit, he smoothed down his black with pink sakura petals on the sleeves and skirt of the geisha outfit. Beyond the geisha outfit, he wore a pair of black fishnets and 4 inch ankle boots that gave him a lift. His long, gold blond hair was mostly pulled up by two black hair sticks, with the rest falling down his back, brushing the skirt in a teasing way.

Antonin was bored. He'd come to the square in hopes of finding something – or someone – worth his considerable time. So far there seemed to be nothing here but prey, and frankly, he'd grown tired of that. He wanted something more, something with substance, meaning. Darius – his sire and friend of the last five centuries – would tell him he needed a mate, but Antonin had long ago released that foolish hope.

He wandered the square looking for any unusual scents to indicate the presence of the otherworldly and froze. A long, gorgeous fall of blonde hair was walking not far in front of him, heading for a princess all in pink. He made a disgusted moue at all that pink and returned his gaze to the legs under the blonde hair and made his way up to the pert ass filling the flirty skirt. His mouth all but watered at the sight of the costume – a modified kimono before he settled on that gorgeous hair once more.

Turning at a call from another friend in an elf costume - this one more gothic than sweet and bright - with black lace around the hems of the very short skirt. The costume had a nonexistent back and hook collar, and a skull and crossbones necklace. Smiling, he held out his arms to his friend. "Lian, what a wonder. Where's your other half?" He asked, looking around for the matching goth Santa.

"He's coming," Lian promised, taking his time to look Alexander up and down. "How the hell you get a guy and not keep him is anybodies question."

Alexander blushed softly and smoothed his skirt down. "Shove it," he muttered.

Mentally Antonin reviewed his outfit as he watched the object of his current interest embrace a rather dark elf. Black leather trousers, black mesh shirt, nipple ring, hair loose and brushed until it shone hanging down his back, eyeliner around his eyes, fangs unhidden. He smirked as it occurred to him the only thing he was missing was a cloak.

He felt the smile tugging at his lips widen as he noticed the Adam's apple in the elf's throat and wondered if his geisha was a male. The thought was tantalizing and he decided to wait and watch for a while before he approached.

Squealing loudly as a man in a pair of red leather pants and a black mesh shirt with a tight red and black trench cloak and a black Santa hat with a skull and cross bones instead of a white fluff ball tickled him, Alexander jerked away. “Markus! No touchie! You know that Lian gets jealous when you touch another guy,” he laughed softly, batting at the man's hands. Lian snickered and hugged Markus around his waist.

Antonin felt what breath he had stick in his throat. It was a male. A gorgeous male with the most gorgeous eyes he'd ever seen. He was so shocked – dear gods was that actual arousal he was feeling? – that he didn't realize he was staring.

Lian looked over before raising an eyebrow. Looking back over, he met Alexander's marigold eyes under a line of black liner and soft charcoal eye shadow. "Looks like you have an admirer," he purred softly. Alexander looked around, catching a dark man staring at him. Blushing softly, he turned away and played with his sleeves.

That blush had to be one of the sexiest things Antonin had seen in centuries. He shook his head to clear it, thinking how Darius would laugh if he could see him now. He'd never been struck dumb at the mere sight of anyone in his life and that it was a mortal he was reacting this way to… He glanced over once more then began to weave his way through the crowd, movements as graceful and lethal as any big cat stalking its prey.

"Oh, looks like he's coming over," Lian teased, poking Alexander in the side, causing him to side step out of the way. Looking up, Alexander watched the man as Markus suddenly popped up with three bottles of soda for them. "Thanks, Markus," Alexander said softly, opening his original style sarsaparilla and taking a sip of it, shivering slightly at the taste.

Having reached his target, Antonin smiled at them all before reaching out to take the blushing blond's hand and courteously kissing the back of it. "You are divine," he said softly before letting go and stepping back. He glanced at the group once more and smiled, allowing his fangs to show and wondering what they would make of them. Halloween was the only day he kept his fangs unhidden as most assumed them to be false. "In fact," he continued, "you are all quite lovely."

Lian and Alexander blushed softly as Markus nodded and tugged Lian back against his chest. "Thank you," Alexander said, blushing brighter as he looked over the man, his toes curling slightly in his shoes. The guy was hotter then his ex...who he hoped was still in the hospital.

One of Antonin's brows rose at the sound of that voice. There was something almost musical to it, something otherworldly. He sniffed lightly and his eyes widened for a moment before he mastered himself. The beauty before him was not fully human. He heard Darius' voice laughing in his head once more. Apparently he'd been seeking what he desired in the wrong place; his mate may not be a mere mortal after all.

"I am Drago," he introduced himself to the man he had yet to take his eyes from. "The rest of you may call me Antonin." He wanted it clear from the outset – just in case it wasn't already – that he was here for the one he watched. The rest were unimportant in the greater scheme of things. Besides, he far preferred his middle name, and everyone called him Antonin.

"It's a pleasure to meet you," Alexander said, blushing a bit more at the voice. "I'm Alexander. These are my friends Lian and his lover Markus. My other friend...Lizzy, went somewhere," he introduced, the last part slightly dazed as he looks around for the pink covered female.

"It's nice to meet you, Antonin," Lian said, trying not to trip on the name. Alexander turned to him and smiled as Markus just waved, drinking down his coke. Turning back to him, Alexander shyly smiled with light rose lips, sparkling in the few lights running around.

Enchanted, Antonin smiled once more; a full smile, something that had rarely graced his handsome face in the last century. Unable to help himself and entirely sincere in the words he said, "I do believe the pleasure – at the moment – is all mine." He turned to nod an acknowledgement to the other men and asked, "Your friend is the pink princess?"

"Yes, she is," Alexander replied, cursing in his head and sending mental daggers at his friends as they left him, heading for the rather large dance floor. "She has my glow bracelet for the drinks and what not," he explained, blushing softly as the words finally sank in.

Antonin just managed to suppress the frown that wanted to cross his face. There was something in the other's voice that told him Alexander was not at all pleased with being left alone with him. "Would you like a drink?" he asked quietly, placing a gentle hand on the small of Alexander's back long enough to turn him in the direction for the refreshment tables.

"That would be nice," he said, swishing his bottle to show that he had no more soda, blushing softly. "I get...somewhat nervous in large crowds, so I end up drinking a lot," he babbles softly before stopping himself, biting his lip.

His angel was nervous, Anontin knew, and he did his level best to set him at ease. "What would you like?" he asked as they reached the tables, standing behind and just to the side of Alexander, protecting him from the crowd of people behind them instinctively.

"Sarsaparilla?" Alexander asked, tilting his head up and to the side to look at Antonin as he relaxed slightly. Handing the bottle over, he watched as it was put into a recycle bin before the person stood waiting.

" Sarsaparilla and a rum and coke if you please," Antonin said to woman serving them, completely ignoring her efforts to catch his eye. He would need to feed soon and while he would prefer it be from the beauty he was currently with, he thought it might be better to dine elsewhere, at least until Alexander was more comfortable with him.

Taking his bottle and opening it, Alexander looked around, spotting his friend coming over. She said nothing, nearly glaring at him, before shoving his bracelet into his hand. Watching the pink fluff stalk off, he looks decidedly upset before turning to Antonin. "Did I do something bad in the last few moments?" he asked softly.

Antonin laughed softly as he steered Alexander away from the tables and over to a less populated area, making sure to choose one that was well lit. "I do believe she might be jealous. Is she single?" he asked, more out of curiosity than actual interest.

"Yes," Alexander replied, smoothing his skirt out again before sitting on one of the tall stool like chairs, perching on the edge so as to not ruin his petticoat. Looking at Antonin, he sipped his drink before slipping his bracelet on. "But why would she be jealous of me?" he finally asked.

Antonin smiled. Was Alexander truly so innocent? "You're beautiful," he replied softly, moving to stand next to the man perched on the stool in a way that protected him from unwanted approach. "And, at the risk of sounding quite arrogant, you're with me."

Blushing softly, Alexander looked down at his soda bottle, before looking up at the handsome man. "Thank you for your sweet comment. But she knows I'm not interested in girls...at least not like that."

Antonin laughed even as a fiercely protective urge rose in his chest. Alexander truly was innocent in some ways and he hoped he stayed that way. In fact, he would do everything in his power to see that he did. However, he couldn't help pointing out Alexander's error, if only because he didn't want it to come back and bite him on the ass.

"Alexander," he said gently, "I believe she would have preferred it had I chosen her as my companion for the evening."

"Oh," Alexander said, before his eyes widened and he blushed softly again. "Oh! Yes, I suppose she would be jealous then," he finally said, blushing gently as he smoothed his skirt down...again. It was a move that seemed well practiced.

Antonin gently placed a hand over one of Alexander's and waited for the younger man to catch his eye. He was careful to close the part of his mind that used his eyes to mesmerize his prey as he locked eyes with him and asked, "Am I making you nervous? Would you like me to leave?" He didn't want to, but he would if that would put Alexander more at ease. That didn't, however, mean he'd take his eyes off the other for a single moment.

Blushing softly, Alexander looked at the dark eyes, trying to decide before shaking his head. "No. I like your company. It's...soothing, I suppose you can say," he finally said, his voice soft and shy. Blinking a few times, he looked around them, feeling someone's stare, before stiffening and shrinking slightly at the grey glare he was getting.

Antonin couldn't help but respond to the fear that entered Alexander's body language and he looked over in the direction Alexander was facing. Catching sight of a man glaring at the smaller man, he allowed his eyes to glint gold as a sign of his anger and flashed his fangs. For most it was enough of a warning to get the offender to back off.

Watching as his ex flashed fangs back, Alexander whimpered softly, holding the bottle tightly. He whimpered again as Kilim headed over to them, nearly stalking. His tail was visible, the tip of the sleek appendage twitching in agitation. Standing up, Alexander moved a bit closer to Antonin and bit his lip as Kilim grabbed his wrist, causing him to softly cry out.

Faster than the eye could follow Antonin was behind Alexander's attacker, nails extended to claws pressed tightly against the other's neck. He bent the man's free arm back up into his shoulder and stopped just short of breaking it as he snarled into the man's ear, "Let. Him. Go. Immediately."

The man immediately let go of Alexander with a shove, causing Alexander to stumble back against the table and drop his soda with a whimper. He knew a bigger predator the moment he smelt one. And the man that had taken an interest in Alexander was a bigger predator. Alexander sniffled softly and rubbed his wrist, checking to make sure it wasn't too bad.

Growling, eyes completely gold now, it was all Antonin could do to keep his strength in check as he shoved the demon away from Alexander. He watched in satisfaction as the cretin tripped over his own tail and was leaning over him before he could move. "Touch him again, and you die. Slowly and in the most painful manner I can devise," he warned.

Message delivered he walked back to Alexander's side as though nothing were amiss and took gentle hold of the blond's hand. "Are you hurt?"

Shaking his head, Alexander watched as Kilim snarled and walked away, his tail twitching. "I'm fine now," he said softly, rotating his wrist. "I'm sorry that happened. I thought he was in the hospital still," he said, rubbing his wrist as he blushed softly.

Antonin sincerely doubted Alexander was fine, in fact, he rather suspected he might be in shock. He didn't want to stay there, not with that thing running around. He wouldn't put it past the demon to attack the moment Alexander was away from his side. "Do you wish to stay or would you prefer to find your friends and make your excuses? I will be more than happy to see you home if that is where you wish to go, but I do not believe it is safe for you here."

"I wanted a soft pretzel though," Alexander pouted, looking to the stand with giant soft pretzels being sold. "Could we stay...just for a bit more? I promised to stay to see Lian's performance at least, which should be in a few more minutes," he suggested softly, looking up at Antonin with big, pleading eyes.

Antonin sighed softly as he placed his hand on the small of Alexander's back once more and led him over to the stand. Despite his reservations he could not deny Alexander this one small pleasure, nor did he want him to break his word to his friend. He would not be leaving Alexander's side at any point while they remained in the square.

Smiling brightly, Alexander ordered a salty soft pretzel, soda back in hand as they moved to the stage. Pressing close to Antonin, he watched as Lian came on and started to sing a slow, dark piece, one that was filled with piano, even though no piano stood on stage.

Antonin cocked his head curiously, attempting to locate the source of the piano. The melody was gorgeous – dark and haunting – and definitely something he knew Darius would enjoy hearing. He watched silently as Lian performed, keeping his hand on Alexander's back and shifting so his body formed a buffer from the crowd.

Listening to the last notes fade, Alexander clapped, the last of his pretzel in his mouth and his soda tucked in one sleeve. Taking the pretzel out of his mouth, he smiled up at Antonin and poked him in the side. "You have a car?" he asked.

"I do," Antonin replied softly thinking of the sleek Benz in the parking lot nearby. He wondered if Alexander had walked and decided immediately that if he had, he definitely would not be walking home. "Did you walk?"

"Good, because Markus needed to borrow my car to get Lian home," he admitted, blushing softly as he finished his pretzel. "I didn't walk. I can't walk from the middle of nowhere to here."

Antonin reminded himself he needed to tread softly with this one, and told himself that as soon as he'd seen Alexander home he would feed. He didn't need to feed every night like young vampires did, but he hadn't fed in nearly a week and Alexander was far too tempting by half.

"I parked at the covered lot across the street," he said. "Did you want to say goodbye to your friends before you leave?"

"Yeah. Here they come," Alexander said, waving at his friends as they came up, Lian hugging his friend. "Are you alright? I saw your ex," Lian panted softly, his green eyes worried.

"I'm fine you guys, I promise," Alexander replied. "I have a ride, so you guys go back to having fun."

Markus smiled and nodded, handing over three bags filled with things. "All the things Lian has no interest in, but wants you to have," he said, as Alexander took it.

Antonin looked curiously at the bag, but politely refrained from asking about it. "It was a pleasure to meet you all," he said. "Lian, that was a beautiful performance." He was anxious to get Alexander free from this place, but his manners would not allow him to be rude to Alexander's friends.

"Thank you. Alexander did the piano piece for me actually," Lian said, smiling brightly at his blushing friend who was trying to hide in his sleeves all of a sudden.

"Shush with you," Alexander muttered, waving one hand at Lian.

"Did he now? Well, that's good to know," Antonin replied softly, eyes shifting to the blond man attempting to hide inside his clothing. "I'll have to ask him to play something for me sometime,' he said, curious as to how Alexander did it. "If you'll excuse me, I did promise to get Alexander safely home."

Nodding, Lian waved and walked off with Markus as Alexander looked up at Antonin, the bags in his hands and a blush on his cheeks. "How embarrassing," he said softly.

"How so?" Antonin asked. He wasn't certain if Alexander was referring to the bags in his hands or the fact that Lian had outed him as the person responsible for the piano music.

"I don't usually tell people that I play. I got to a point where I only play for a select few," Alexander said softly, shifting the bags into one hand. "I got tired of being bugged for performances all the time."

"Ahh," Antonin murmured as he led Alexander to his car. The sleek SLK350 gleamed in the artificial light of the parking lot and Antonin was careful to get Alexander into the car before he slid into the driver’s seat. "I won't ask you to play for me then. If and when you decide you want to do so, I'll be pleased to listen."

Smiling shyly, Alexander nodded and ran a hand over the seats, wanting to purr at the feel under his hand. It was smooth, buttery, much like his favorite leather pants that he wore besides the kimono when he went raiding. "Such a beautiful car," he said softly.

"Thank you," Antonin said, pride evident in his voice. "It's my favorite actually. I love the feel and smell and performance of it." He turned it on and smiled as it came to life with a soft purr of the engine. "Where to?" he asked as he took the winding drive to the exit.

"Just head out of the city. I live in a new area called the Rando Section," Alexander replied, pointing the correct way. "Like I said, I live in the middle of nowhere. It's a single story house that my mom bought me last year."

That wasn't far from where Antonin lived actually, but he was rather more used to being hunted than he suspected Alexander was. His land was a veritable warren of traps hidden amongst beautiful landscaping. He wondered if he should offer to take Alexander there, then decided against it.

"Will you be safe there? Does that man know where to find you?"

"No, he doesn't. My mom moved and I'm not listed," Alexander said, shaking his head, making his hair move in a soft wave. "If he did, he'll find himself on the wrong end of a dagger too."

Antonin smirked at that response, then sobered. "Alexander," he began carefully. "Are there any traps I will trigger if I walk you to your door?"

"Um, not to my knowledge. If you try to come from anywhere but the drive, you'll trip a type of wire that can behead if not careful," Alexander said, tapping his lip. "But otherwise, there's a protection circle just outside my door."

Antonin couldn't help the wince he gave at the word 'behead'. It was one word that most vampires hated, almost as they hated the word 'fire' not that fire bothered Antonin all that much. "Er, protection against what exactly?" he asked, needing the clarification.

He didn't fancy the idea of being beheaded, not under any circumstances, and he had to admit that even though the thought of it happening to him appalled him, he felt better about the fact that the demon's chances of actually making it alive to Alexander's door were slim to none if he tried anything but the walkway.

"Anyone meaning to hurt me or those in my home," Alexander explained, smiling brightly at Antonin. He really didn't want his traps to hurt the man, so he hoped that he wouldn't try anything. Of course...he wasn't saying a thing about the traps INSIDE....yet.

Antonin turned to smile at him as he pulled into the drive and stopped the car. "Why do I get the feeling there's something you're not telling me Little Bird?' he asked. It occurred to him only after he finished speaking what he'd said, and he hurried to apologize. "I meant no offense with that by the way. Only you remind me a great deal of a bird of paradise."

Blushing softly, Alexander waved it off. "It's fine, really," he said softly, blushing in pleasure. "And there are a few things I'm not telling you. But I'm not going to let those out of the bag yet," he teased, his more fae like nature coming out.

"You're fae," Antonin breathed softly before he began to laugh quietly at himself. It figured. Oh how Darius would laugh when he found out about this. His sire would never let him hear the end of it. "I'm not laughing at you Alexander," he said, wanting to make certain the blond didn't take offense. "I was just thinking how very much this situation would amuse… someone I know."

"Actually, half wood sprite," Alexander said softly, blushing as he played with his skirt of his outfit. "You're not human yourself, are you?" he asked, looking up and blinking a few times at the other.

Antonin laughed once more then gently teased Alexander. "What gave me away?"

"Your eyes," Alexander replied, blushing softly. "They're such an odd color and they change depending on what the situation. I just… can't figure out what you are. I may have powers from my wood sprite blood, but I'm not fully trained."

Antonin blinked at that; he hadn't thought Alexander had noticed. He debated for long moments how to tell him, then thought perhaps he should give him some clues and let him work it out for himself. Frankly, he was rather afraid that once Alexander knew what he was his Little Bird wouldn't want to see him again.

"I'll give you a hint shall I? I'm descended from Old Blood, nearly pure. The mother of my kind is known as Lilith." His voice lowered a bit at the next part as this was the part he was most uncertain about. "I am not truly dead, nor am I immortal but… I'm not precisely alive either. Not in the sense most that most things are considered alive."

"You're a vampire," Alexander said after a few moments of thinking over his creature history. "I like vampires. They're cool," he said, smiling brightly at Antonin, his skin taking on a light glow as the moonlight slid into the car and over his skin and body.

Relief so profound flooded Antonin at those words that he found himself sagging a little in his seat. He hadn't realized just how important Alexander's response to what he was had been. "I'm glad," he said quietly, wanting desperately to kiss the man in front of him. So tempting and so lovely.

He shook himself internally and once again reminded himself to tread carefully. He wanted to see Alexander again, often, and he wanted the chance to woo this man into becoming his mate. "I'd like to see you again," he said, once more meeting Alexander's eyes, pleased to see no fear in them of what he could do with his eyes alone if he chose to, especially now that Alexander knew what he was.

Smiling and blushing, Alexander looked down and smoothed out his skirt again before nodding. "I'd like that too. Um, Antonin, I do have one other thing to tell you," he started softly, worried as how the other was going to take the news. His ex had found it interesting, but had more often then not tried to get him to wear jeans or pants. He hoped the other wouldn't do that.

Antonin cocked a brow at that. It was the first time all evening that Alexander had referred to him by name, and not even the one he'd given permission for the blond to use. This must be serious. "Yes?"

"The thing is, I don't dress like a normal man," he said. "I'm a crossdresser, Antonin. I prefer skirts to pants, heels to tennies."

Antonin smiled. He'd thought it was something bigger than that, but he realized it had to mean a great deal to Alexander for whatever reason. "I rather thought you were," he admitted softly. "I've seen a great deal in my lifetime Alexander, and that doesn't bother me in the least. I think you are beautiful clothed as you are, and you seem far too comfortable in women's clothing to be anything but a male who prefers the soft touch of the materials normally reserved for women."

He tilted his head and added, "There is a woman in my clan who prefers men's clothing. It is more comfortable for her, and she is more at home in her own skin that way. It is a part of who you are, much as it is with her. There's no reason I would want you to change it." Not even if by some miracle he did end up winning this man as his and had to drag them both to those boring office parties he was forced to endure for the sake of employer/employee relations.

Smiling brightly, Alexander lent over and kissed his cheek on impulse. Pulling back, he blushed softly as he settled back into his seat, smoothing his skirt down. "Thank you for not freaking out," he said softly. "I've known people to utterly freak out the moment they find out I'm a crossdresser, or say they accept it and then try to change me. It got annoying after a while."

"Actually," Antonin replied, "I'd rather expected you to leave the car in a hurry and tell me to never contact you again once you learned what I was. Speaking of, have you a phone?" he asked. While he now knew the address, manners dictated that he not show up uninvited. Also, he needed to draw this evening to a close; that small kiss had been too pleasurable by half and the urge to thoroughly and properly kiss Alexander was near overwhelming.

"Yeah, I do," Alexander replied, reaching up his skirt to a small thigh purse and pulling out a slim razor phone. "It's new, so I have to look it up," he admitted, before biting the tip of his tongue as he scrolled for his number. "Here it is. 546-325-4364," he quoted, looking up with a smile. "And why run away? I find vampires fascinating. There's so much myth that it's hard to distinguish fact from fiction."

Antonin smiled as he pulled out his own phone and plugged in the information. "Mine is 546-879-4238. I'm actually not that far from you, about a fifteen to twenty minute drive south." He titled his head and looked at Alexander and stilled. Giving in to impulse had never been so strong an urge; if he didn't have etiquette to temper himself with he was certain he'd have the blond pinned against the door by now.

"May I kiss you?" he asked, thinking that this one small thing would not be such a large breech of tradition. Technically, he should wait until after they'd had a formal date, one where he'd sent the requisite gift, but he couldn't wait. He wanted to touch Alexander too badly.

Blushing and tapping his bottom lip, Alexander looked up at him before licking said lips, tasting the watermelon gloss still there. Looking up, he finally nodded, tossing all thoughts of being polite out the door as he pressed the save button on his phone. Blushing a bit, more he tilted his head in Antonin's direction and shifted slightly, his skirt rising a bit with the movement.

Pleased, Antonin shifted position so he was closer to Alexander and lifted a hand to slid along his jaw and cup his chin. He leaned close; eyes open so he could watch the expressions on Alexander's face, and lightly brushed his lips across the other's. It was a mere butterfly kiss, quickly repeated, growing in pressure each time he returned his mouth to those tempting lips.

He slowly slid his tongue along the seam of Alexander's mouth, requesting permission for entry. "Open for me," he murmured against those watermelon flavored lips and waited for his Little Bird's response.

Sighing softly in pleasure at the soft, gentle kisses, Alexander's eyes slipped closed as he relaxed slightly. His own hand came up to rest on Antonin's shoulder, his fingers curling just slightly as he complied with the request and opened his mouth shyly. The memories of other kisses were being washed away quickly by each brush.

Alexander's mouth tasted of salt and pretzel and root beer, and Antonin groaned softly as he slid his tongue between barely parted lips to further explore the taste. The fingers on his shoulder encouraged him to slide an arm around Alexander and pull him a little closer as he delved deeper into that sweet, sweet mouth, learning all its contours and hidden places.

Alexander shyly lapped at the tongue sliding around and over his mouth, getting a slight taste of Antonin. The flavor, dark and rich, like the Parisian chocolate that he favored so much, was addicting to the small male and he lapped at the tongue again.

That shy tongue sliding against his drove Antonin mad; his kiss became even deeper and lost a little of its gentleness. He wasn't rough, but his lips pressed more firmly against Alexander's and he curled his tongue around the blond's and sucked. The sensation was toe curling in its eroticism and he growled as he pulled slowly – and clearly reluctantly – away.

Mewling in denial as the kiss ended, Alexander slowly opened his eyes, showing off dark liquid gold irises with silver specks. Blinking a few times a delicate blush decorated his cheeks as he looked up at Antonin. His lips were swollen slightly due to the kiss.

Antonin leaned forward once more to brush another light kiss across those beckoning lips before he pulled completely away. "You have no idea how very tempting you are," he said softly, shaking his head. "Thank you for allowing me to taste you that way."

Blushing a bit more, Alexander shifted to open the door, the movement setting off a soft flood light, lighting up the exterior, light bouncing off the bay window. "You're welcome. I'll see you soon?" he asked softly, looking up through his lashes.

"Most definitely," Antonin replied, voice a low purr. He was more aroused than he had been in the last three centuries and as much as he wanted to take another kiss he knew he shouldn't. The temptation to feed on Alexander would be far too great and he would not dishonor in that way the man he was more and more convinced was meant to be his consort. "I'll call you tomorrow," he added. "Would you like me to see you to your door?"

"If you want to," Alexander said, blushing softly again. He hadn't ever been walked to his door before, and it would be a nice change from his last relationship. As it was, it seemed that it was already quite different from the one with Kilim, which was all good in his eyes.

Antonin got out of the car and went to the other side, holding out a hand to Alexander. He waited until the other took it then gently tugged him from the low slung vehicle and slid an arm around Alexander's waist as they began to walk towards the door. He looked around curiously, noting how wooded the area was and smiled. Darius would like Alexander, he thought.

"I like this land. My goddess protects it," Alexander said suddenly, seeing Antonin look around. "She and her lover, are my main goddesses and very sweet to those who respect the woods. They also have a vendetta against Kilim."

Antonin nodded. "Kilim would be the ass that attacked you earlier this evening?" he asked. He liked the idea of Alexander being protected by goddesses. Few were foolish enough to cross one.

Alexander nodded and smiled sadly. “Yeah. He’s my ex and used me to get ahead in a game,” he says softly. “I ended up as a way to get points and raise him above the others.” Shaking his head, he snorted softly at the memories of finding out about it and the subsequent fight, slamming through a glass window and mental breakdown. He was still fragile from it all, but had no urge to tell the other that yet. He would, when he felt it was right.

Antonin just managed to smother the growl that wanted to erupt from his throat. What sort of being used another person as mere points in game? They reached the door and Antonin fought the urge to kiss Alexander once more. He lost. He closed his other arm around Alexander and warned, "I'm going to kiss you again. Then I am watching you open your door and lock it behind you before I get into my car and leave."

He didn't give Alexander a chance to reply, simply bent his head and took that luscious mouth once more, pulling him even closer as he revisited all his favorite places in Alexander's mouth.

Gasping softly, followed by a sweet, soft moan, Alexander grabbed onto Antonin's biceps, holding on as his world tilted and spun at the sudden pleasure of being kissed by the vampire. Pressing up into the kiss, he moved one hand and dug around his thigh purse to get his house key.

Antonin allowed his hands to slide down Alexander's back, resting them on the small dip just above his ass as he deepened the kiss, once again twining his tongue around the blond's and sucking gently. He knew he was hard, knew that likely Alexander could feel it even through the layers of his kimono, and pulled away even more reluctantly than he had the first time. "Open your door and go inside, Little Bird."

Nodding as he stared at Antonin with a dazed expression, Alexander shifted slightly and shoved his key into the knob, before twisting it. Reluctantly pulling away, he slipped inside, a peek of soft green walls, a large light tanned couch and dark hard wood floors precede him as he stepped inside, looking over his shoulder.

Antonin nodded encouragingly at him as he said, "Goodnight, Alexander. Close and lock and ward your door so I can leave knowing that you are safe."

Nodding, Alexander slid the door shut before pulling out a step stool and standing on it. Pressing a pentagram above it, he smiled as the glow wrapped around the door, before moving to do the same to the windows, having to open the curtains, his couch, coffee table and part of his kitchen as his back drop.

Satisfied, Antonin smiled at Alexander through the window and turned to go, making it to his car in far less time than it should have taken. He waved before he drove off, mind divided between thinking of the evening he'd spent with Alexander and the location of his next meal.

Alexander watched the other leave, finally closing the windows and humming happily, walked to his bedroom, falling onto his large king sized bed covered in a black bed set. Wiggling slightly, he caressed his lips and giggled softly before getting up to change and forget about the idiot who had tried to ruin his evening.

Copyright © 2011 Morena Darkling, Rose Strailo; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..