Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Finding Salvation in the Dark - 8. Healing Begins

Moaning loudly at the thoughts Antonin’s words invoked, Alexander arched up into Antonin's body, his legs spreading wide in invitation. "Please. I want to be taken, claimed by you," he whimpered softly, his hands tugging him down into a deep, sweet kiss.

The sweetness quickly turned hungry; Antonin needed too badly for sweet to last long. The scare earlier had taken its toll and he would not be satisfied until he could feel Alexander writhing beneath him. He broke the kiss long enough to reach into his bedside drawer for his oil; uncapping it he slicked his fingers, then he returned to Alexander's mouth as he slowly circled the puckered skin.

Mewling as he arched into the touch, Alexander shuddered and rocked back down on the fingers, wanting to feel them slide into him. He wanted Antonin to sweep away the left over darkness that had been his ex. He craved the feeling of Antonin connected with him, both mind and body, already addicted to it. Sliding his fingers down Antonin's back, his nails leaving trails of red as they hands moved, he purrs quietly.

Lilith's teeth, the sounds that Alexander made were driving Antonin crazy. He pushed in a finger – a little less gently than he would have liked – and licked at Alexander's neck in apology. He circled it slowly, then pulled back and returned with two, willing Alexander to relax. He scraped the flat of his teeth over Alexander's neck, placing sucking kisses along his collarbone as he moved his fingers.

The sounds getting louder, Alexander arched up into the touch, his body tightening around the fingers. Not feeling any pain, the drugging kisses having helped stoke his pleasure, he tilted his head back to give Antonin more access. He loved the way that Antonin's teeth felt on his neck.

That tilt of the head had Antonin growling and he could feel his fangs begin to descend. Alexander excited him in ways he had yet to understand and all he wanted right now was to sink both fangs and cock inside the hot, willing body below him. He grazed his fangs against Alexander's neck again, knowing he would immediately feel the difference and twisted the fingers inside his mate's body.

Gasping loudly and arching up into the fingers, Alexander dug his nails into Antonin's lower back before forcibly relaxing his fingers. The feeling of being spread open by the fingers and the promise of fangs on his neck had sent a jolt of arousal down his spine and around to his erection, making it twitch in interest.

Adding another finger Antonin tore his face away from Alexander's neck. He had to wait, just a little longer. "So damned addictive," he growled low in his throat. "Everything you do makes me want you."

Whimpering in delight, Alexander opened his eyes and rock down onto the fingers, tightening around them. "Drago," he whimpered as the fingers spread out, stretching him even more.

"Mine," Antonin growled possessively, curling his fingers to stroke over Alexander's prostate relishing the additional squeeze on his fingers that got him. He pulled them free and hurriedly slicked his cock, then guided himself into place. "Tilt your neck, Alexander," he instructed, voice rough with desire. "The way you had it before. You wanted to be claimed, I will claim you."

Tilting his head back and pulling his legs up, Alexander held onto Antonin tightly, watching with liquid gold eyes, filled with love and passion. "Yes, claim me. Make me yours," he breathed softly.

A low rumbling moan sounded in the back on Antonin's throat as he ducked his head and licked lightly over Alexander's jugular, warning him what was to come. He shifted his head and sank his teeth into the vein as he finally pushed inside Alexander's body.

Gasping and arching up into both length and fangs, Alexander shuddered under Antonin. Digging his fingers into Antonin's shoulders, he mewled as he slowly relaxed and melted into the feelings.

Satisfied it was safe to move, Antonin tilted Alexander's hips for better penetration, then pulled back and lunged into Alexander, drawing his first mouthful of blood as he pushed completely inside.

Screaming loudly as the feelings rushing through his body, Alexander wrapped his legs tightly around Antonin's waist and shuddered violently, his eyes fluttering, a slight glow coming from them.

Antonin closed his eyes and sucked once more, the taste of Alexander's blood filling his mouth and making his cock harder, the smell of him filling his nose and driving his need higher. Again and again he thrust and drew, heightening their pleasure with each movement.

Whimpering in warning, Alexander began to tighten around Antonin as his body tensed and shuddered. His length dripping continuously between them. He tightened his legs around Antonin's waist, drawing him in deeper.

Antonin's eyes blazed gold as his hips all but slammed into Alexander, drawing blood from him once more. He wouldn't last much longer and he wanted Alexander to come with him, but he didn't want to move his hands and take the chance of jarring and possibly tearing the vein in which his teeth were embedded.

As Alexander slid one hand down his side, Alexander mewled in disappointment when he couldn't get to his length before moving the hand lower over his hip. Sliding over a pale line, he shuddered and tightened. Taking his nail, he dragged it over and shuddered as the touch helped send him over, his hair suddenly streaking with silver as his body tightened and he spilled between them.

Antonin groaned against Alexander's skin, sucking and thrusting once more before he exploded inside his lover. His eyes flared for a moment then settled into a soft gold, and his lashes slid shut as he fought to carefully slide his teeth from Alexander's neck. He licked over the spot where his fangs had been; gently, carefully closing the wound, running more on instinct than actual awareness.

Humming in contentment, Alexander relaxed under the soothing tongue bath on his neck. His fingers trailed over Antonin's skin as he looked around with dark gold eyes, the ring of green around the iris standing out, had anyone seen them. Taking in the soft colors surrounding them - mostly shades of blues and greens, some soft gold’s – Alexander smiled softly and gently lifted one hand, drawing some of his hair in front of his eyes.

As he lifted his head – fangs still extended and eyes golden – the first thing he noticed was Alexander's hair. It had been pure blond before, now it appeared almost gold and had vivid silver streaks running through it. Sliding a hand through it he found it infinitesimally softer than before, he turned wondering eyes to meet sated dark gold rimmed in green that glowed softly. "Alexander?" he breathed in question.

"Wood sprite form, I suppose you could say," he husked softly, his throat still slightly raw from screaming so loud. "It's not often that it comes to the forelike this. But...It was a bit overwhelming."

"Ahh," Antonin murmured. He'd been wondering at Alexander's stamina; he'd never taken someone while he fed from them and had them last more than a few strokes. Mid-transformation would have been a difficult time to have an orgasm, he thought wryly, a smile pulling at his lips. He raised himself on his hands so he could get a good look before saying simply, "I like it."

Blinking a few times, Alexander smiled, his eyes glowing in contentment, the green darkening. "That's good," he murmured, playing with a bit of Antonin's hair. "Can we get something to eat now? Transforming like that always makes me hungry," he asked after a bit of time, his stomach making it self known.

Shaking his head a bit, Antonin slid carefully from Alexander's body and padded over to a hidden intercom by the door. He punched in the number for the kitchen and requested some fresh fruit and soy milk, then made his way into the bathroom for a warm washcloth to wipe them both clean with.

Flipping onto his stomach, Alexander watched with lazy eyes, appreciating the obvious beauty in front of him. He found that he loved every movement that Antonin made. He was just so damn sexy. Smiling, he wondered just how blessed he was to have gotten such a wonderfully sexy man, both body and soul.

Returning to the bathroom after a quick cleanup to drop the cloth in the basket, Antonin reentered the bedroom to find Alexander watching him with lazy eyes. "See something you like, Little Bird?" he teased gently as he slid back into the bed, tongue sliding over his fangs.

"Yes," Alexander replied, smiling up at him. "That and I'm just wondering how I got so blessed to have you," he said, sitting up on his knees and stretching slowly. "It's surprising to say the least."

Antonin cocked a brow. "Oddly, I find myself thinking the exact same thing. Quite often in fact. Five hundred years, Alexander. That's a rather long time to wait."

"You had things to learn during those times, more the likely," Alexander said softly, reaching out to him. "I suppose with me, it's the left over effects of Kilim and what he did to me."

Antonin nodded. In a way, he supposed, Alexander was right. He had gone through a great deal and had learned quite a bit about himself as a result. He was about to respond when there was a knock on the door. "Enter," he called out instead. He watched as Reeve wheeled in a tray full of fruit, a dish with a medium rare steak and jacket potatoes for him, and of course, the requested soy milk.

Standing up, wrapped in the sheet he had grabbed the moment he heard the knock on the door, Alexander smiled gently at Antonin before walking slowly towards the tray. Picking up the cup, he sipped it as he eyed the fruit, trying to figure out which one he wanted most. "Thank you, Reeves," he said to the man.

Reeve gave him a small nod and a tiny, knowing smile. His eyes were twinkling in merriment as he said, "You're welcome Master Alexander." He nodded to Antonin as he stepped from the room, closing the door behind him.

Blushing, Alexander shook his head before picking up a slice of orange, eating it with a soft moan. Grabbing the plate, he went back to the bed and sat down, curling his legs up next to his hips. With milk in hand, he nibbled his fruit, watching Antonin move around.

Antonin had left the bed to retrieve a dressing gown he kept behind the closet door. He hated eating naked in bed unless it was – like Alexander had – a plate of fruit, but he knew that Reeve had brought the meal for him to help replenish his energy. He smiled at just how well his staff knew him, then he settled next to Alexander, his own dish on his crossed legs.

"I must warn you," he said to Alexander, "that all the staff will most likely begin treating you as family. The older ones – like Reeve – will torment you as they would a sibling or favored child without ever saying a word."

Nodding, considering that he had a a mouth full of blueberries, Alexander smiled. "I figured as much, seeing as I found Reeve earlier helping direct where the fruit was to be put. Apparently you don't eat that many?" he asked after swallowing the blueberries. Selecting a slice of kiwi, he hummed in delight. "Fresh fruit. Harvested a week ago."

Antonin smiled. "No, I don't actually. I do have favorites but overall, fruit is not my first choice for a meal," he said, cutting into his steak and bringing the bite to his mouth. It was delicious, perfectly seasoned and wonderfully tender.

"I love fruit, but I also like certain meats," Alexander said, eating some more fruit. "To be precise, Canadian bacon, occasionally steak, and sausage," he hummed, stealing a bit of potato from Antonin's fork.

"And sushi," Antonin teased. "Musn't forget the sushi." He had some very vivid images of Alexander eating from his hand and he knew he'd never be able to so much as look at sushi again without remembering that night and getting aroused.

"Oh yes, my sushi. I'm going to have to learn how to make some one day," Alexander said, smiling mischievously over at Antonin before biting a blackberry in half.

Antonin chuckled softly. "I can see that were I still human, you'd be the death of me," he teased gently. "As it stands, I doubt I'll ever be bored again." There was another light knock at the door – one Antonin knew – and looked to Alexander before responding.

"Who me?" Alexander teased as Antonin answered the door, wrapping himself even more into the sheet. Picking up a slice of banana, he nibbled and waited.

Elena opened the door and smiled at the sight of Alexander; he looked comfortable and sated in a way she was quite familiar with. She took in the changed hair, the green rimmed gold of his eyes, the flush in his skin and a smallish bruise on his neck and her grin widened.

"Well, I wanted to check on you to see how you were doing child, but I see you've been well taken care of," she said as she came in and shut the door, winking at Alexander and smirking at Antonin.

"I'm doing better than I was earlier," Alexander replied, eating more blueberries. "Kiwi?" he asked, holding up his plate as he stole another bite of Antonin's potato with a smile.

Elena took it with a smile of thanks, then sat down and reached across to take Antonin's fork. She picked up a bit of potato and chewed, winking at him as she did so.

"Would you two like the rest of the potatoes?" Antonin offered sardonically, eyes dancing. "I'll just stick with the steak shall I?"

"I like vegetables, lover. I can't help it," Alexander giggled, before kissing his cheek and going back to his fruit. "How is your darker half, Elena?" he asked, popping another blueberry into his mouth.

Antonin just rolled his eyes and pushed the potatoes closer to them both, then continued eating his steak. He was curious about Darius' state as well.

Elena's smile faded. "Utterly furious," she said quietly. Darius rarely lost his temper, but when he did it often made her uncomfortable, especially when there was nothing she could do. She glanced at Antonin, then looked back at Alexander. "I don't believe he move likes the last person you dated very much, child," she said carefully. Darius was bad enough; she didn't want Antonin angry as well.

"Antonin has meet Kilim," Alexander replied, sighing before nibbling the grapefruit that he had saved for last. "He tried something the night I meet Antonin. Didn't quite go as he wanted, which is a good thing in my book," he said, smiling softly at his lover before taking the skin of the potato. "And if you want, I can get you guys in contact with his daddy. The man is a sweetie to the highest extent and is Ki's brother in law."

Antonin and Elena winced in tandem at that. Antonin nodded and Elena leaned over to take Alexander's hand.

"My darling boy," she began, "I'm fairly certain you've never seen Antonin truly angry, but believe me when I say it isn't a pleasant sight. Darius is worse by far. Unless he asks you, please, don't volunteer any information to him about how to locate your ex. It would end… very messily."

Smiling, Alexander nodded. "I quite understand. To be truthful, I've never told Lord Narius just what his son put me through and that's why Kilim is still walking around," he admitted quietly, his eyes sad. "I will tell you what Darius saw, Elena, but I want to tell Antonin first. But not tonight at least."

Nodding, Elena sought to change the subject, much as she had with Darius, before she'd left him to himself. "How long would those closest to you need to plan if we were to have a party?"

"A couple of days at least," Alexander said after thinking for a few moments. "There's only Lin, Ki and my mom, but she's not due back for a few more days, and even then, it's doubtful she'll be able to deal with a party."

Elena nodded. She'd been hoping for earlier, as a way to keep Darius distracted, but this would have to do. "So, three nights from now?" she asked. "It won't be a big party," she continued. "Just a few people really, including your friends. More a small celebration. In the eyes of vampire society, you are – even if unofficially – now technically Antonin's mate, not just someone who might eventually become his mate."

"That would work," Alexander said, reaching for his phone to text Lin and Lian, knowing that he would get their answers within a few moments. And it proved true when he got a text from Lian telling him that he and Markus were leaving on a week long cruise that day. "Looks like it'll be Lin and Ki only," he mused.

Elena turned to Antonin and said, "I suppose you'll want to see Cyril?"

Antonin smiled. "Of course," he replied. "It's been a while and it would be good to see him."

"Nine of us then," Elena mused. She stood and smiled, then brushed kisses across both their foreheads. "I'll see you two later. I need to make sure Darius hasn't scared off any of your staff," she said calmly.

Giggling, Alexander nodded and stood up to put his plate on the tray and show Elena to the door. "I hope you both are comfortable. And tell Darius to calm down. He helped me a lot with something that needed to be done."

Elena snorted. "I'll tell him, but he'll calm when he's ready." She smiled once more at them both and disappeared out the door.

"She's right," Antonin said. "It takes a great deal to rouse Darius' anger, but when he's angry it take some time for him to regain his composure."

Nodding, Alexander put the plate down before flicking the lock. Moving to his I-pod set up, he flipped over to a set of songs to repeat, the soft sounds of a piano and violin filling the air. Humming happily, he moved back to the bed and settled onto it again.

Antonin curled his arm around Alexander and tugged him close. "We needn't have a party if you'd rather not. I think Elena came up with the idea mostly as a distraction for Darius."

"No, I want to have the party," Alexander said, smiling happily up at him. "It's something that I don't do often and I want to meet the other people that you hold close. By the way, who is Cyril?" he asked, honest curiosity tingeing his voice.

Antonin's face split into a wide smile. "My brother," he replied. "My brother of the blood in any case. He's Darius' other child and one of the few members of vampire nobility I can bear to be around. I'm quite fond of him actually."

"He sounds wonderful," Alexander hummed, smiling gently as he thought over what he knew of his friends. He had a feeling by the end of the party, he wouldn't be the only one with a new boyfriend. Well, more like fiancé in his case.

"Cyril is interesting, although I may be biased. I think you'll like him." Antonin laughed quietly as he said, "I think a lot of the Romanian legends concerning vampires are due to older members of his family. He's Carpathian, his father is vampire nobility and his mother was one of the Rhomani, what most of society calls gypsies."

"Carpathian? I've heard whispers about them, but never really looked into them. What...does that mean exactly?" Alexander asked, looking interested.

Antonin tilted his head in thought. "A Carpathian is anyone who is born in the Carpathian mountain ranges technically, but as far as Vampires are concerned, it deals with any vampire from the mountains where they span Romania, Germany, Serbia and Hungary. Cyril's father lived as a human. I'm not certain how he pulled it off, but he was Old Blood, changed around the same time as Darius I think. Darius doesn't look it, but he's nearly three thousand years old."

"Wow! Really, that old?" Alexander said, his eyes wide as he tried to wrap his mind around that fact. "That is so cool. But...how does a vampire become an Old Blood?"

Antonin was silent for a moment as he thought about the best way to explain. "The Old Blood is a way of saying the vampire was born of the pure, undiluted blood of Lilith, the Mother. Lilith – the first vampire some call her – gave birth to seventeen children. Seven of them died, another five were killed, leaving her with five. Each one had different characteristics, and humans called them by different names; vampire, shapeshifter, death angel, incubus, succubus." He looked at Alexander, a brow arched to make sure his lover was following so far.

Nodding, Alexander thought over what he knew of each of the races, which his knowledge of mythologies was vast of. "I'm going to raid your library after the party," he suddenly warned. "But I'm following."

Antonin nodded and continued. "Darius is descended from Lilith's child. His blood is pure; it has no human blood mixed with it. Darius' Sire was Cyril's father, and he was born a vampire, her seventh child. With his Sire's death, Darius inherited the title of Seventh born, and responsibility for Cyril came to him. The Council is made up of all the direct descendants of Lilith's children. It makes the laws that govern the behaviour of each type of being."

"Wow," Alexander breathed out slowly, blinking several times. "Just...wow." Curling up close to Antonin, Alexander thought for a few moments. "The history is just amazing. It's kind of shocking, considering what I know about the Fae World, the Fairies and Wood Sprites. Wood Sprites, for the most part, don't live in large groups, preferring their own piece of land. Fae and Fairies are more inclined towards courts, so to hear this...just amazing."

Antonin smiled. "I'm not certain I answered your question, but basically, any child changed by one of Lilith's direct descendants is considered Old Blood. Sometimes a vampire goes mad, or mates with another being and the blood mixes. In many cases, the blood becomes unstable and causes a division in the body, much like when humans have blood with a positive RH factor and are injected with blood on the negative scale. That is what causes the madness."

He paused briefly, then continued, "Any children you and I would have, or Darius and Elena, would be of mixed blood, and therefore not considered Old Blood, because their blood would combined with another's. If the mate is fully human, the vampire blood of the child would take over at their natural death and that child would then be considered Old Blood."

"That answers my question," Alexander said softly, nuzzling close, trying to kill his blush from the mention of children. It was a new topic between them and the thought of having them made him blush still. "So...what would happen if the child is half of an immortal creature?" he asked suddenly. "If they died, would the vampire blood take over like with a half human?"

Antonin shook his head. "No. When two immortal's mate, the blood combines. It's where humans get the notion of a Dhampire from, only they have it half correct. The child is usually half vampire, half something else and generally bears the characteristics that gives it the greater chance of surviving. Those children are mixed blood and cannot hold a seat on the Council. Some call them New Blood," he added. He'd never particularly liked either name, but there was nothing he could do to change it.

Nodding, Alexander laid his head onto Antonin's chest, and hummed in contentment as one hand came to rest on Antonin's abs, making little circles on the skin and muscles. "Well, should we have any children, I have a feeling they'll look like you, mostly, then," Alexander mused, moving his fingers in the valleys of Antonin's abs.

Antonin found the more they talked, the more the idea grew on him. He still hadn't decided how he felt about the possibility completely, but… it was good knowing he now had that option.

Smiling mischievously, Alexander slid his fingers down lower, playing with the hairs his fingers encountered, following the happy trial. He’d finally figured out why it was named such.

A slow, sensual smile curled Antonin's lips. "Should I take that as a sign you want to play some more?" he asked quietly, voice low and deep and (a) pure invitation to sin.

"Maybe," Alexander drawled, sliding one finger over the tip of Antonin's prick, teasing him with soft touches. "Depends on how fast you get hard," he purred, moving so that he could lap at one of Antonin's nipples. They wouldn’t be leaving the roomAt least, not if he had anything to say about it.

*~*~* 

Antonin sat at the desk in his study the next evening, Jin-Sing's scroll spread open before him and a notepad full of notes next to it. Pen in hand he was reading the last part of the scroll when he heard the door open. He smiled automatically, scent and the bond telling him who it was without him even having to look.

"Hello, Little Bird," he greeted, finally looking up to smile at his lover.

"Hello, lover," Alexander said, smiling gracefully as he carried in the tray. Putting it down on the table, he opened the sake bottle, the sweet smell making his nose twitch. "I hope I'm not disturbing you. I want to tell you about what Darius saw last night," he explained, pouring the sake and handing it to Antonin before opening the bottle of Bailey's Mint Irish Creme, knowing he would need it. The blue skirt he was wearing split and moved in four pieces around his legs, the slits ending around the top of his thigh high stockings.

Blinking, Antonin carefully set the scroll and his notes aside and said, "At the moment, whatever you need to say that has you drinking is more important than protections for a home you currently aren't in."

"It's not often and it helps me get it out," Alexander said, pouring half a wine glass full, he moved to sit down on a couch. "It's so I don't end up chocking on my words mostly."

"Alright," Antonin said, watching Alexander carefully. He wanted to sit with him, but it looked as though Alexander needed distance to do this, so he stayed where he was.

Sipping his drink a few times, he waited until things got a bit hazy before curling up around a pillow, drink still in hand. "When I first meet him, I was already in pain, still hurting over losing my father 5 years before. I was barely 15 and in high school, due to my birthday being where it is. It was the Monday of the second week of school and I was in an art class with him," he started. "I thought he was the best thing since sushi."

That was rather high praise, Antonin thought. He nodded encouragingly and waited for Alexander to continue.

Sipping his drink again, Alexander finally just stretched his legs out. "When he asked me out the first time I was ecstatic. I was flying on cloud...7 I suppose," he continued.

"The first couple of months were great. I had a Junior boyfriend, I was going out every Saturday and on my 16th he took me to a lovely restaurant. It was a few weeks after that when things started going down hill. He would pick on my skirts and shoes, asking me if I had to wear them all the time. I wore just jeans for him a few times, but it was never good enough since I liked looser jeans when I wasn't wearing a skirt over them."

Antonin stood and made his way to the couch, unable to simply sit and watch and listen. His mate looked like he was about to fold in on himself and the pain radiating through the bond was nearly unbearable. He scooped Alexander up – careful not to spill his drink – then sat down on the couch with his lover in his lap, legs still stretched out on the sofa.

"Sorry, love. I just… I couldn't sit where I was any longer. Not and have you do this."

"I like being in your arms," Alexander murmured quietly, putting the pillow aside. "After a while of the little nit picks, it got to the point where I was about to give up my skirts and dresses all together. I was also contemplating cutting my hair off, since Kilim wasn't happy with long hair. It was about 8 months into...it when we had sex the first time."

Gulping slightly and drinking down the last of his liqueur, he put the glass down and curled into Antonin again. "It was painful. Sure, I came, but only after Kilim did. I later found out, at the hospital, that I had a slight tear from his claws. I was put on an antibiotic and told no sex. A week later, I heard about why he had done what he did. I kinda spied on him while he was talking with a bunch of friends. Kilim was talking about using me for sex for a bit more, making me into the perfect pet. I broke and went home. That night...he came over."

It took every bit of control Antonin had to remain seated. His chest tightened in rage and his eyes turned a blood tinted gold. He now had a better understanding of why Darius had been so furious, and he knew there was still more to come. He did his best to calm himself but knew his control was tenuous at best. He reminded himself that he needed to be there for his mate, to listen to what he had to say, and that was enough to keep him rooted in place, one hand stroking tenderly down his lover's side.

Panting softly as the waves of pure hate and rage rolled through their bond, Alexander flushed and waved a hand in front his face, trying to get his breath back. Soon, he was able to breath easily again, his hands trembling as he picked up the carton of soy milk that had been on the tray and poured a bit of the brown liquid. Sipping it, he slowly calmed down as he leaned into the touch. "Are you alright now?" he asked softly, looking up at Antonin with soft eyes.

A wave for remorse ran through Antonin then and his eyes returned to normal. "I am… I apologize, Alexander. I should have closed my end of the bond rather than have you go through that, especially as you aren't equipped to handle that yet. Forgive me, please."

"It's alright," Alexander said, smiling softly and sipping his milk again. Putting the cup aside, he settled back in. "When he came over, the first thing I did was show off my skills with my new whip. I got him on the leg, calling him a man slut and all sorts of things. I confronted him with it. He got so mad and attacked me with his claws. I was able to get away from him for the most part, until he shoved me out of a second story window of my mother's home. I landed on the gravel, some glass was in my back and hip. The one scar here," he paused, stroking it, "was because I was crawling towards our half built batting cage and the bat that I had there. I got him in the nuts and then passed out."

Antonin smiled at the image that gave him, proud of his Little Bird for holding his own even when injured. "What happened after that?" he asked, purposefully holding back his reaction to what Alexander had just told him.

"I woke up in the hospital. Apparently Ki and Lin had come over to measure me. I tried to OD in the hospital, my mind was so fractured. They ended up putting me in the psych ward for the rest of my Freshman year," Alexander said, blushing furiously. "After that, I was home schooled until my Senior year. I graduated last May from a small private high school."

Unable to think of anything comforting to say, Antonin asked the one question that stuck out in his mind, aside from how to find Kilim's father. "This may seem an odd question but, why were they measuring you?"

"For jewelry. They do it every time I have a growth spurt. I had one a few weeks before this happened," Alexander giggled, nuzzling close to his lover with a soft smile.

Antonin smiled down at Alexander. Apparently, that had been a good question to ask. His lover was now basking in the warm feelings that thinking of his friends brought. He hugged his mate closer and said, "I'm glad you told me. If you like, I can explain to Elena so you needn't relive it again."

"Please?" Alexander whispered quietly, relaxing even more. "It's not that I don't want to tell her personally, but I don't think I could do this again, at least not for another few months."

Antonin nodded as he brushed a gentle kiss over Alexander's hair. "She'll understand." She would. She would also know exactly why Kilim had to be dealt with. No vampire worth their blood allowed any danger to their mate or kin to survive.

Snuggling close, Alexander sighed softly with contentment, his toes curling just as Reeve came in with a tray. "I had the cook make a recipe from my fathers set for us. It's boneless chicken with herbs, and melted cheese, with a side of garlic carrots and honey bread," he said, taking a sniff of the food that was under covers.

"It smells delicious," Antonin said, nodding a greeting to Reeve. "Reeve, would you tell Elena I'd like to speak with her later this evening?"

Reeve nodded, smiling at them both as he closed the door behind himself.

Smiling, Alexander stood up and pulled the tops off the dishes and picked the plates up. Handing one to Antonin, he settled down and kissed his cheek. "I'm going to make dinner for you one night, preferable at my place," he said, before turning to his plate.

"Oh?" Antonin asked. "Will you tell me what you plan to make or is it meant to be a surprise?"

"I don't know what I would make yet," Alexander giggled, taking a bite and humming at the taste. "Perfect."

After that enthusiastic endorsement, Antonin took a bite of his meal as well. The chicken was moist, the flavors deliciously complimentary. "This is very good," he murmured.

"My father collected hundreds of recipes as he traveled. This one is a mix from Spain and Italy," Alexander replied, purring contentedly as he ate a bit of carrot. "Try the honey bread."

"Did he have a recipe for paella?" Antonin asked. He rather liked that dish but had yet to figure out how it was made, particularly because it had been different each time he'd had it.

"He collected several," Alexander answered giggeling. "It was actually the first recipe that I learned." Picking up a slice of the bread, he put a bit of sweet cream butter onto it before offering it to Antonin. "Try."

Antonin obligingly took a bite and chewed. It was sweet, but not too much so, and he found he liked it as well. It occurred to him that if Alexander planned on giving his father's recipes to his staff it was a good thing that his body converted most of the food he consumed into vampiric energy.

Smiling, Alexander kissed Antonin's cheek and settled back. "One good thing that comes from basic legends is that occasionally you come across some truth, which means I'm glad you can eat, lover," he said, smiling happily.

Antonin laughed. "And I find myself very grateful that most of what I eat is converted into energy that is stored for my use later. I think I would become very fat if it weren't for that."

Alexander smiled as he nodded, buttering another slice and nibbling on it, already wondering if he could get his lover to go four wheeling with him later to see the pond and perhaps go for a long swim. Smiling mischievously, he shoved his still silver and gold hair back and continued to eat, already planning.

Omake – Chapter 8

Antonin: Did you have to make me go into lecture mode?
Alexander: Don't pout. That's my job and yes. *smiles innocently*
Antonin: I sound old when I do that.
Chynyll: You [i]are[/i] old.
Strailo: She's got a point...*waves pokey stick*
Alexander: They're both right luv. As it is, my age and the other ages make Chy over there feel like a pedo.
Chynyll: *headdesks* Can we [i]not[/i] talk about that? I thought we'd agreed to use fae ages anyway. *pouts*
Antonin: *smirks* I may be old, buit compared to Darius and Cyril, I'm a baby
Strailo: Well then...*smirks*
Alexander: You are the baby lover. Same as I and Lin compared to Ki and Ri-Sou.
Darius: *smirks*
Anatole: *grins and decided not to point out that since he's only a little over 500 himself, he's technically the youngest predator in the room*
Lin: *eyes Anatole before smirking at Darius*
Alexander: Lin, down. don't pounce the daddy.
Chynyll: *blinks* Um, boys... something you forgot to mention?
Strailo: They've labeled Darius Daddy and Elena Mommy.
Chynyll: Ahhh
Darius: *looks affronted*
Elana: *smiles*
Lin: *pounces Darius* DADDY!
Alexander and Strailo: *falls over and laughs*
Chynyll: *chokes on her coffee*
Darius: *freezes* Aleric, may I suggest you keep better control of your mate?
Strailo: *slowly gets up off the floor panting hard*
Lin: Hey! I can't hug my daddy? Mommy! Daddy's being mean. *pouts* *hugs Elena with puppy dog eyes*
Elena: *cuddles Lin* Darius! Be nice to the children *grins innocently*
Darius: *sighs*
Cyril, Antonin & Anatole: *crack up laughing*
Aleric: *looks confused*
Strailo: *cracks up*
Lavender: *who has been talked about but not introduced* Give it up. Just let him pounce and hug you. *nods*
Alexander: *squeals happily*
Darius: *glares at Lavender* You stay out of this. You aren't even here yet.
Chynyll: *shakes head*
Lavender: I've see scarier glares from a colic child. Try me...
Alexander: *falls over laughing taking Strailo with him*
Darius: *jaws drop* That's it. I'm surrounded by madmen. *grabs Elena* We're leaving
Strailo: Wimp. *cracks jaw* ow...
Lavender: *fusses*
Elena: *chuckles*
Cyril: *shakes head and walks off*
Chynyll: Right... enough of this I think. They're getting out of hand.
Ki: *pads after his lover with a naughty smirk and soft rope*
Strailo: I think...they're going to get kinky...
Alexander: *drags himself off the floor and waves at readers* Thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed!
Chynyll: What he said. *nods*
Strailo: *waves like a lunatic* BAI BAI!!

Copyright © 2011 Morena Darkling, Rose Strailo; All Rights Reserved.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..