Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Finding Salvation in the Dark - 2. The Courtship Begins

2. The Courtship Begins
Having found a perfectly willing male to sate his hunger for the night, Antonin left explicit instructions with his secretary to call Yuki at the New York headquarters for Kimono Source of Japan and have them send a black silk kimono decorated with red and silver bamboo patterns immediately to his office. He then instructed her to deliver it to Alexander's address with a note that he penned and sealed himself.
That taken care of he took himself to his rooms and stripped down before settling into his large – and at the moment – very lonely bed. He allowed himself to relive the sensations of the evening; Alexander's warmth, his smile, the way his skin colored when he blushed, the taste of his lips and mouth. He decided to call Darius when he woke; he needed to discuss this with someone he trusted to be certain exactly what it was that pulled him to Alexander. Darius, he was certain would be able to tell if Alexander were indeed his mate.

*~*~* 

Waking up the next day, Alexander showered in his newly finished shower with his rainfall shower head and made his breakfast, all the while humming softly with the radio. Getting dressed in a long white skirt with black barbed wire crawling up the skirt and wrapping around his hips, he added a loose peasant shirt with Guineverian sleeves that fell over his hands. Grabbing his bag, he headed out the door, hopping into his jeep and shoving Lian out of the drivers seat, Markus behind them in his now running car.

“Thanks for bringing my jeep back. Fixed the sucker?” he teased, getting batted at by Lian, who was wearing a pair of white washed jeans and a giant shirt - most likely Markus’.

“Shove it. What about you? Have fun with tall, dark and deadly?” Lian purred, teasing his friend before gaping at the spreading blush as the blond haired man pulled onto the road. “Let me guess…you got laid?” he asked, teasing lightly.

“No, but I did get kissed good enough to make me fly high,” Alexander sighed softly, flipping the radio off and sliding in a favored CD.

“Damn…He kissed that well?” Lian asked, begging for details.

Alexander just smiled and sang along with some of his favorite songs, heading for the campus. During lunch, he called the officer that had handled his case and was assured that Kilim wasn’t allowed to go near him after last night. Nibbling on his sushi that Markus had been nice enough to get, Alexander cracked open his text book and settled to read until next class.

Soon, he was driving off of campus and heading towards the supermarket to stock up on a few things. Buying his favored vegetables, fruits, meats, snacks, breads, cereals and other necessities, he idly wondered if vampires could eat or not, and if they could, what Antonin liked best.

Stopping by the candy, cookie and snack isle, he grabbed a couple things of mint Oreos, Pepperidge Farm Snickerdoddles and soft back chocolate chip cookies, chips and dip and a couple things of soda. If he was going to study tonight, he was going to spoil himself.

Buying his stuff, he loaded up his truck and headed home. Unloading and putting everything away, he changed into a soft grey yukuta with a lily blossom on the front, near the bottom. Settling down onto a comfortable floor pillow, music videos playing on T.V. he opened his books.

After a few hours, he was startled as his phone started to play moon light sonata, forcing him to jerk up and stare at his phone before his clock, seeing that he had been studying long enough that the sun was down and the moon was part way up the sky already. Picking up his phone, he flipped it open and said, “Hello?”

"Hello, my name is Maria Santos. Am I speaking with Alexander?"

"Yes," Alexander replied, eyeing his chip bag, wondering if he dared.

"Good. I am Antonin Mihailovic's personal assistant. He wanted me to bring something to you and I both wanted to be certain that you would be home and that you had no objection to my delivering it in person. Antonin can be rather… particular… when it comes to personal things, and he's written a note to go with it that he wants hand delivered. "

"That's fine," Alexander replied, tossing his hair over his shoulder as he reached for the chip bag, grabbing a rigged chip. "I'll be here. You do know where I am, right?" he asked, contemplating what Antonin would want to give him as he eyed the chip.

"Yes, I do. It will be just me and I should be there within twenty minutes."

"Alright," Alexander says, smiling into the phone. "Just don't ring the door bell. It's kinda dead at the moment," he warned.

"I'll knock. I'll see you soon," she said. "Good bye for now."

"Bye," Alexander said, closing his phone and eating the chip before picking up his pen again to wait for her.

Twenty minutes later there was a knock on Alexander's door. Outside stood a beautiful Hispanic woman in a chic business suit holding a rather large box with a sealed envelope attached.

Standing up, Alexander nibbled on his Oreo before opening the door with a curious look, his hair spilling down around his shoulders and back. Smiling, he continued to nibble. "Hey. Please, come in," He said, stepping back from the door. "Sorry about the mess," He hummed softly as he stared at the cookies and chips on his table.

Immediately, Maria relaxed. "I love Oreo cookies, but my husband hates it when I eat them at home. He says they leave crumbs everywhere," she confided before her professional manner returned once more. "Antonin asked me to give this to you," she finished, holding out the box with the note taped on top of the bright red letters that read 'Kimono Source of Japan'.

"They do, but, keep a mini vac near by and they disappear," Alexander giggled before eating the last of his cookie, taking the box and moving to his couch. Sitting down, he picked up the note first and quickly opened it up. Blushing softly at the sweet words, he opened the package before picking up a napkin and wipes his fingers off. Removing the tissue paper, he gasped softly as he strokes over the fabric with one finger.

Maria watched carefully through all of this and smiled. Of all those that she had ever met because of Antonin, she liked this sweet boy the most. Out of the three people he had ever sent personal gifts to aside from his sire, this was the only one she liked on sight. "I can't stay, but do enjoy your gift. I'll let Antonin know it was delivered,' she promised.

"Thank you. Tell him that I think it's gorgeous and I'll wear the next time I see him," he replied, looking up before reaching over to grab a few cookies and wrapping them up in a napkin. "I hope you like mint," he said, handing them over.

"I do," Maria said with a smile, taking the proffered cookies gratefully. "Thank you," she added before she impulsively leaned over to hug him. Embarrassed at the action – she never hugged people she didn't know well - she quickly left the house, closing the door behind her and walking briskly to her car. She shook her head as she entered the car; there was something about that boy that made people act in ways they wouldn't normally act, she decided as she drove away.
Smiling and waving from his window, Alexander moved to pick up the box and move the kimono to a manikin that he had created in his shape and height. Putting the kimono on, he purred at the way it looked before covering it with a specialized clothing bag, closing it at the bottom before moving to go back to his studying.

*~*~* 

The first thing Antonin did when he awoke was check his messages from his secretary. He smiled as he saw she had indeed delivered his first gift to Alexander and that she liked him was yet another note in Alexander's favor. Maria had yet to like any of the people he'd thought might be potential mates, and the fact that she liked Alexander made him even more certain that this time he'd made the right choice.

Picking up the phone he dialed Darius' number and settled against the sheets to wait.

"Darius Black," came the familiar and loved voice across the airwaves.

"Darius, I believe I've met the one who is to be my consort."

Darius laughed as he said, "I've heard that before Ant. What makes you so certain this one is any more qualified than the other two? How long did they last anyway, a week? Two?"

Antonin shrugged even though he knew the other man couldn't see it. "This one is different," he said, then proceed to tell him about the evening before, leaving nothing out.

There was silence when he was finished before Darius spoke once more. "This certainly sounds different from before. And he knows you're a vampire?" Darius asked. He wanted confirmation of this before he said anything else.

"Yes, he does. He's a wood sprite, remember?"

Darius laughed. "It amuses me that you would find yourself drawn to one of the fae, no matter how distant kin they may be. I did tell you your mate would have to be more than a mere mortal to put up with you."

"Very funny. Darius, I need your advice. What do you think?"

"I presume you have already begun the Courtship?"

If Antonin could have blushed, he would have. Instead his eyes swirled silver in embarrassment as he said, "I sent the first gift today. I wanted to speak with you before I called him."

Darius sighed softly and said, "Impetuous as always. Elena and I will be there soon for his Presentation. If he handles that well, you have my blessing."

"Thank you Darius," Antonin replied. It was permission, with a caveat, but permission none-the-less.

He sat for several long minutes after his conversation with Darius ended before he finally picked up the phone once more to call Alexander. He glanced at the clock and saw it was seven thirty in the evening and smiled. Hopefully, he would catch his Little Bird at home and not busy.

Humming quietly as he closed the door after paying for his pizza and tipping the guy, Alexander plopped it onto the now clean table top and opened it up, drooling at the scent of olives, green peppers and Canadian bacon covered in extra cheese. Grabbing his plate, he put the pizza on it and curled up to watch a movie, his windows wide open to let in the night. Phone near by, he was intent on enjoying himself.

Antonin sat back as the phone began to ring, hoping that he'd not waited too late to call and that Alexander hadn't already eaten. He wanted to see him again and he didn't think he could wait until the next evening.

Just as Alexander was about to take a bite, his phone vibrated against his leg. Putting his pizza down, Alexander picked it up and flipped it open. "Hello?" he asked, pushing his pizza aside as he put the movie on pause so he could hear who it was on the line.

"Alexander? It's Antonin. Have I caught you at a bad time?"

Smiling as he sat up from his nearly laying position, Alexander smiled brightly and bounced slightly. "No, you didn't," he said, sounding slightly breathless as a pink blush spread across his cheeks.

"How do you manage to sound so… tempting, even over the phone?" Antonin wondered aloud. "Don't answer that," he added quickly as he hadn't meant to say it. "Have you plans for the evening?" he asked.

"Beyond watching a black and white film? No," Alexander replied, shoving the pizza slice back into its box, blushing at the compliment. It had been so long since he had heard anything like that and made him feel wanted.

"I was hoping you'd like to go somewhere this evening. Dinner perhaps?" Antonin asked. Now that he'd fed, his digestion would be much easier on his body and he quite fancied the idea of taking the beautiful man on the other end of the line out to eat.

Nibbling his lip, Alexander wiggled slightly before nodding to himself. "I would like that," he says, his smile sounding in his voice. "When do you want to do that?" he asked, standing up.

Antonin cleared his throat and admitted ruefully, "I was rather hoping we could go this evening. It is last minute I know, and I'll understand if you already have other plans."

"No, I don't have any other plans," Alexander said immediately. "Like I said, I was just going to watch a movie. I would be delighted to go out with you."

Antonin smiled with pleasure. He wanted to see Alexander, but there were also things he needed to tell him, preferably before his unpredictable sire could arrive and demand a Presentation. Glancing at the clock once more he calculated the time it would take him to dress and drive to Alexander's home.

"How's eight thirty? Does that give you enough time to get ready?" It was only an hour and he wasn't certain how much time Alexander would need.

"Give me an hour 10 and I'll be good," Alexander replied, heading for his room, undoing the belt holding his yukuta closed. "My hair takes a bit to dry." Tossing the belt aside, he moved over to the kimono and tugged on the plastic, tossing that aside to. Moving around his room, he lit some softly scented candles and smiled.

Antonin laughed. "I'll have to show you a little trick I know for that," he said. "Mine would take hours to dry as well were it not for that. Eight forty then. I look forward to it."

"See you then," Alexander said, a slightly purr tinting his voice before he closed the phone. Tossing it aside, he dropped his yukuta and headed for his shower, pulling out his favorite soaps, shampoo and conditioner.

Pleased, Antonin stood and made his way to his closet, looking for one suit in particular he thought would go well with what he hoped Alexander would be wearing. Finally he found it, a black leather suit with a corded silk vest and a deep navy blue shirt. He looked around for a moment and then replaced the blue with a red that was almost the exact shade of red he remembered the kimono having then headed for his shower.

Humming softly, Alexander stepped out of his shower, smelling of vanilla and forest, his hair dark and heavy with water. Wrapping his hair up, he dried off completely before grabbing a container of body butter and smoothed it over his skin, taking his time to make sure it soaked in completely. Finishing that, he pulled on a pair of boy cut shorts, a soft shade of grey and let his hair down to start drying.

Antonin showered slowly, enjoying the warm water on his skin. He dressed carefully, sprayed on a bit of sandalwood cologne and then headed out the house, waving at the maid and the butler before he jumped in the car and headed for Alexander’s. He stopped at a florist and picked up a bouquet made of nothing but Bird of paradise and then continued on his way, eager to see his Little Bird.

Finally getting his hair just the way he wanted - part of it drawn back and up into a bun held there with a small flower barrette that curled around the bun and the rest of his hair down - Alexander moved to get into the kimono with a happy hum as the material brushed his skin.

Antonin pulled up to Alexander's drive and shut off the car. He took several deep breaths to steady himself, far more excited about this evening that he had been since the first years of his conversion.

Sliding on a pair of Chinese slippers that matched the red in the kimono perfectly, Alexander looked up at the sound of a car pulling up. Standing up off his bed, he checked his hair before moving out to the living room, taking small steps until he got used to the kimono.

Finally Antonin felt himself calm enough to step from the car and approach the door. He smiled as he thought of Alexander's protections and vowed to add some of his own if Alexander's goddesses would permit it. He knocked and turned slightly to scan the forest, the habit of knowing his surroundings not leaving him even here where it was most likely safe.

Taking a deep breath, he opened the door and stared at Antonin, trying hard not to let his jaw drop. A delicate blush spread over his cheeks as he slowly looked at the outfit and the way the man looked in it. It was very drool worthy.

Antonin blinked then blinked again before he remembered to hand Alexander the flowers he'd been holding behind his back. "You look stunning," he breathed, entirely enraptured by the beautiful picture Alexander made.

Blushing again, Alexander took the flowers and sniffed them, smiling at them. "Thank you," he said, stepping away from the door. "Please, come in," he invited, moving to his kitchen, stepping up the two steps. "Would you like something to drink while I get my things together?"

"No, thank you," Antonin replied. "I would however, like a kiss. May I?" he asked, reaching out to take hold of Alexander's empty hand.

Smiling, Alexander nodded shyly and looked up at the other with a small smile.

Antonin took the flowers from Alexander and placed them carefully on the nearby coffee table. He slid both arms around Alexander's waist and pulled him close, then bent his head to lightly touch his lips to the blond's. "Open for me Little Bird," he murmured, then pressed his lips to Alexander's once more, tongue sliding along the seam and slowly into the sweet mouth he'd dreamt of during his sleep.

Opening his mouth on command, Alexander rested his hands on Antonin's biceps and held onto him. Lapping shyly at Antonin's tongue in return, he pressed close, his head tilted back.

Wrapping his tongue around Alexander's, Antonin gently pulled it into his own mouth and encouraged Alexander to explore at his leisure. He'd led their last two kisses but this time he wanted Alexander to know that he welcomed his attention; that he was free to do as he wished with Antonin's body.

Slowly sliding his tongue into Antonin's mouth, he slowly slid the muscle over the smooth teeth, feeling where Antonin's fangs would usually be, taking the time to explore that spot. He found that the taste of dark chocolate was stronger and he wanted more.

Antonin groaned softly and let his hands glide lower to rest on the curve of Alexander's bottom, not kneading or squeezing, simply resting there as Alexander deepened the kiss. He opened his mouth so the other had full access and allowed him to do as he wished, waiting until the blond pulled away to catch his breath before he said, "You can touch me if you wish."

Blushing again, Alexander smoothed his hands up Antonin's arms and over his neck, his soft hands feeling the skin under them. The man wasn't so much cold as rather room temperature. Licking his lips, he slid his fingers higher up over his face, over his cheek bones and eyes, before smoothing Antonin's hair out of his face.

Antonin closed his eyes to better savor the sensation of Alexander touching him, sighing softly in disappointment when he stopped after smoothing his hair from his face. He bent his head once more to brush another butterfly kiss over Alexander's lips before continuing up along his jaw, sucking lightly on his ear, licking over the sensitive skin just under and behind his earlobe.

He pulled away and stepped back, then said, "Go. Gather your things and think about where you'd like to go. Anywhere you like; your choice."

Smiling with slightly red lips, Alexander picked up the flowers and WENT to the kitchen, filling a vase with water and putting it onto the bar between living room and kitchen. Walking into his room, he grabbed the small purse that would sit in his obi perfectly. Putting his phone, a small thing of body butter and a mini mirror into it, he walked back out and nibbled his bottom lip in thought.

"Can we go to that new Japanese restaurant on Rojho, near the other side of the city?" he asked, tucking the purse away.

"The one that serves both sushi and traditional Japanese cuisine? Soho, I believe it's called, that one?"

"Yeah," Alexander said, smiling brightly as he bounced. "I like sushi...well, pretty much anything Japanese."

Antonin laughed. Yes, this man was for him, there was no doubt about it. "I adore sushi. I rather enjoy the culture as well," he replied. "Shall we go? I'll call for reservations on the way."

"Um, hmm," Alexander agreed, looking around to make sure everything was fine. Nodding, he smiled and opened the door for Antonin, noticing a woman with long black hair, wearing an outfit that was nearly non existent, the gauzy piece fluttering in the wind and standing next to a young girl in a punk goth outfit staring at them with soft smiles.

Antonin followed Alexander's gaze and was both surprised and honored by the presences before him. He sketched them a deep bow then approached them and stopped at a respectful distance before he spoke.

"Greetings, My Ladies. You honor me with your presence. If I may I have a small boon I would ask of you," he said, getting straight to the point.

The one in the goth punk outfit walked up to him and poked him in the chest before walking around and goosing him with a smirk before walking back to her other half. "Li, behave," the long haired woman said, her voice soft and gentle. "Speak," she said to Antonin as Alexander tried to hide his laughter at Li's behavior.

Antonin smiled; he couldn't help it. "I wish your permission to set wards of my own around Alexander's home. I mean no disrespect, or to cast any doubt on your ability to protect him, only it would soothe my mind to be able to add them to those he already has."

Watching as his goddess tilted her head and looked at him, Alexander turned his patented puppy eyes to her, looking cute and too sweet to refuse. She turned back to Antonin and nodded.

"Very well. When you bring my sweet child back, there will be a list of spells, protections and wards already here," she said before turning and walking back into the woods, sunflower popping up from each step. Li waved and jumped up into the tree branches, melting into the trunk.

Antonin smiled once more and turned to face Alexander. "Those two seem like they would be a great deal of fun to be around,” he commented lightly as he led his date to the car.

"Thank you for wanting to put more wards down around my home," Alexander said quietly. "And yes, they are fun. Li was actually a Japanese princess around 5 thousand years ago who gave her life up for a thief, who turned out to be a demon. My goddess is Jin-Sing, sounds like Gingsing, and was a child of a human and a kappa, or Japanese water demon. She was wrongly killed for protecting her home, which was a forest, and given a spot as a goddess," he said, his voice bright and animated.

Again Antonin thought that he had just been given more proof of the place Alexander was meant to have in his life. Elena was a naiad and would enjoy being around one of her kin, if only for a short period of time. "My Sire's consort is a naiad," he said softly as they pulled out the drive and headed into the city. "Her name is Elena. I think you'll like her. Excuse me for a moment," he added, fishing out his phone and calling information for the number to Soho.

Nodding, Alexander settled back into the car with a smile, watching a small white fox and a small black fox bound around, play fighting with each other as they passed by his mail box. Shaking his head, he makes a note to draw that later. It would be cute.

Snapping shut his cell phone Antonin turned to Alexander and smiled. "You truly are very beautiful like this," he said softly. "You were breathtaking before, but the black sets off the fairness of your skin and hair perfectly."

Blushing happily, Alexander smiled. "I rather like the color black. There are so many shades of black. And it's not all about evil. It's originally about drawing the heat and life to you," he said gently, sliding his fingers over the sleeve. "I find it fits me and who I am. Thank you again for the wonderful kimono."

Antonin smiled. "You're welcome," he said, making a mental note to buy the other man more. "Tell me about yourself," he urged. "Aside from your name, where you live, what an ass your ex is and the beauty of your goddesses, there is very little I actually know about you."

"Um, my mother lives on the next lot over actually. My lot was once part of my family’s lot," Alexander said, thinking about it. "She and her boss were kind enough to have my home built for me after I had a slight mental breakdown. And the reasons why, I will tell you, just not now," he said softly, holding up a finger. "I go to college also. I plan to become a Mythical History university professor."

Antonin nodded, impressed. "And your friends? Did you meet them at school?" He wanted to know everything there was to know about Alexander, particularly as he planned to let the other know whatever Alexander wished to know about himself.

"I meet Lian during freshmen year of high school and then Markus when he started dating Lian," Alexander replied. "Lian was an art project partner. Um...I have one friend you haven't meet yet. His name is Lin Tsana, of the Tsana Oil family. He's also a crossdresser."

Antonin nodded. "I've dealt with Tsana-san before. He does most of his purchasing through my company, Mihail Diamonds. He is a rather interesting man." They arrived at the restaurant and Antonin pulled up the valet, opening his door and moving quickly to the other side so he would be the one to help Alexander from the car.

"His father then," Alexander replied, wrinkling his nose. "That man is a pig and I refuse to deal with him at any time. Lin runs a jewelry business. 'Faes Jewels' on Fifth and Fourth," he said, stepping out, his hand in Antonin's. "He's rather shorter then me, looking more female then I can."

"You are delightful exactly as you are and I shall be the envy of both women and men when we walk into that restaurant," Antonin immediately replied. "I've only dealt with him once… he's bought his jewels from my manager since."

"Good thing. Though, ask your manager what they think of him," Alexander challenged, smiling as they walked in. Seeing a flash of lavender pink hair, he blinked and stared at his friend smoozing up to a rather large couple. Probably customers that would help boost his store. "There's Lin now," he said, pointing to the small male in a soft grey dress with his hair in a high ponytail and a pair of grey lensed glasses.

Antonin followed Alexander's gaze and smiled. The man in question really did make a good woman, but he still found Alexander more beautiful. "My manager hates him, and frankly, I do not like Tsana-san much myself. As far as your friend, you are still far more lovely. Did you want to say hello?"

"I'll bother him later, after he's done subtly insulting his clients," Alexander said, smiling up at him. "He'll stop by to say hello and see who you are and make sure you're not going to pounce me without my permission."

Antonin turned to look at Alexander at that, ignoring the approaching hostess. "And do I have your permission?" he asked softly, voice laced with desire. He didn't want to sound too eager, but there was no denying that he was; very eager in fact. Antonin wanted Alexander with a ferocity he had not thought himself capable of.

Blushing lightly and shivering at the way Antonin's voice sounded, Alexander looked up at him and said in a quiet tone "More than likely," before looking down again, blushing even more.

Antonin held up a hand to stop the hostess from coming any closer and stepped into Alexander's personal space, sliding a hand under his chin and tilting his head up to face him. "Is that a yes, Little Bird? I need you to be very clear on this; it's important."

Looking at the man in front of him, Alexander finally nodded with a shy smile. He had never seen such a look before from another and it sent liquid heat through him, his eyes darkening a bit as he stared. "Yes, it's permission."

"Good," Antonin purred, then dipped his head just enough to lay claim to Alexander's lips. This kiss wasn't as gentle as the one's before; it was pure, unmitigated hunger. Antonin wanted Alexander to know just how much he was desired, exactly what he did to Antonin whenever he so much as thought of the wood sprite.

Antonin heard the hostess gasp, then heard a small whimper coming from her direction as the kiss went on, but he ignored it. Alexander had given him permission to 'pounce' and by the First Ones he was going to take it.

Whimpering softly against Antonin's lips, Alexander nearly melted and returned the kiss, pressing up into the kiss as his arms wrapped around the man’s shoulders. He could feel the muscles of Antonin's chest against his own smooth chest and it made him idly wonder what it would feel like to be pressed down under him. Shivering at the thought, he faintly caught a smooth, whiskey like voice telling the waitress to go get them tea and a bottle of sake for Antonin. He chose to ignore the voice and continue returning the kiss.

Pulling away slowly and peppering Alexander's lips with light, teasing brushes of his own, Antonin finally stepped away from his little lover – for that was what Alexander now was as far as Antonin was concerned – and turned the face the man who had spoken, tugging Alexander to his side.

Blinking a few times, Alexander focused on the small face of Lin who was looking supremely smug. Blushing brightly, he moved his hands up to his face and covered it with his sleeves.

"Well, hello there," Lin purred, smiling at them.

Alexander just shook his head as he tried to get his heart beat back under control.

"Lin-san," Antonin greeted as though he hadn't just been kissing his lover breathless. "Thank you for removing our audience."

"You're welcome. You're the guy...the pig buys from, correct?" Lin asked, tilting his head to the side as he looked over his glasses with violet red eyes. "Seems you've swept Alexander off his feet."

Alexander waved a hand at him as he leaned against Antonin.

"I see we all share in our opinion of Tsana-san. More accurately, he buys from my manager, who has a good deal more… patience… than I do when it comes to certain personalities." He looked down at Alexander with a small smile and added in reference to Lin's last comment, "I certainly hope I have."

"Of course he has," Alexander said softly, reaching out and hugging Lin, getting a smiling hug from the shorter one. "It's nice to see you. What are you doing here, Lin?" he asked softly.

Lin just looked around and said "I'm meeting a possible customer. A Whiskey Kuro."

Antonin's smile grew at Alexander's words and he immediately pulled him back to his side once the friends had shared their embrace. He didn't say anything, allowing the two their time together before they went their separate ways.

“Ah! There he is,” Lin said, smiling at Alexander. “It was nice to meet you. But if you hurt him in anyway, your people will have to hunt your pieces down before they can do their punishments,” he warned before waving and moving off towards a male with silver hair in a bun and a soft dove grey kimono.

“Well…” Alexander breathed, blinking a few times after his friend. “I hope you don’t mind being threatened by a mixed fae,” he finally said, looking up at Antonin.

Antonin laughed softly, pleased that Alexander's friends cared enough for him to threaten his admirers. "Actually, it pleases me he is so devoted." He caught the hostess returning with a tray with tea and a bottle of sake and smiled. "Come, we should take our table and save the hostess from further embarrassing herself."

"Yeah, lets," Alexander replied, smiling softly up at Antonin and moving towards the table, catching the soft scent of a high quality green tea. "Oh, that smells nice."

"It does indeed," Antonin agreed as he seated himself on the low cushions provided around the table. "Sit with me?" he asked, holding out a hand, ready to pull Alexander down beside him.

Taking the others hands, Alexander smoothly settled onto the cushion, his legs tucked against the side of his hips. "It's so nice here."

So very graceful, Antonin thought as he watched Alexander get comfortable next to him. He glanced around and saw covetous eyes lingering on them both and smiled. He bent to whisper in Alexander's ear, "I told you I would be the envy of many tonight." He directed Alexander's gaze to the people two tables over, one right next to them, and another by the door. "Look how jealous they are."

Looking around, Alexander blushed softly, nuzzling into Antonin's shoulder shyly.

"I'm not used to so much attention," he said, looking up at Antonin through his lashes before once more looking around.

Antonin smiled. "I am certain you are always the center of someone's attention, though you may not be aware of it. Aside from which, you look… truly, there isn't a word for the way you look tonight." No word Antonin could conceive of would do, except perhaps an odd Japanese word he'd heard once. " Kiryoumake," he murmured.

Blushing softly, Alexander smiled gently up at him before shifting and kissing his cheek. "Would you like some tea and sake?" he asked softly as he settled back onto his cushion, blushing again.

"Tea first, I believe," Antonin replied, even more pleased at the offer to be served. It was fitting, something a Consort would do for his mate, and Antonin began to believe Alexander would pass his Presentation well. "What will you have?' he asked.

"I don't drink usually," Alexander admitted, pouring the tea slowly, making sure not to spill a drop. After checking the level, he poured some for himself and put the pot onto the warming pot. "So, I think I'll stick with tea."

Antonin nodded in acknowledgement, mind working at how to bring up the subject of the Courtship. He was frightened that the seriousness of his attraction might scare Alexander off, but it was a risk he'd have to take. He was saved by the waitress arriving to take their order and looked to Alexander to see what he wanted.

"Um, actually, I was hoping for the sushi with salmon and seaweed," Alexander said, trying to remember the name. "I do know it had sticky rice as part of it."

"Sake," Antonin replied. "The roll or the pieces? Did you want anything else?" he asked, wanting to be certain Alex would have his fill.

"The roll, with a side of rice balls? I've always wanted to try those," Alexander asked, his eyes bright with the thought as he poured a saucer of sake.

Nodding, Antonin turned to the server and said, "Sake temaki and onigiri for him, negihamachi maki, toro temaki, tairagai, aji and ebi for me." He watched her write it all down and smiled when he confirmed the order, then turned to Alexander. "Alexander, there's something I wish to discuss with you," he said seriously, his eyes flickering silver then grey in his nervousness.

Alexander looked up from sipping his tea, his fingers the only part that was poking out of his kimono sleeves. Putting the cup down, he turns to Antonin and gave him his undivided attention. "Yes?" he asked softly.

Antonin took a deep breath and said, "There is a ritual in our culture called The Courtship. It is used when a vampire finds someone he or she believes to be their mate, the person they would take as their Consort. I formally request your permission to Court you," he finished, not sure he could say another word until Alexander responded.

Nibbling his lip, Alexander thought about the words that Antonin had said, a million questions running through his mind. Finally getting his thoughts into a row, he asked "How long would it last?" his eyes curious as a gentle blush settling on his cheek.

Antonin smiled approvingly; it was an excellent question. "There are several stages to The Courtship. How long or short the entire Courtship lasts depends on the couple, and can last as long as a year or be as short as a week. The first stage is The Request, which I've just done. Based on your answer, we would then move on to the Presentation, where you would be taken to meet my Sire and his Consort, then there is the Formal Acceptance, where we bind ourselves to each other."

He lifted his sake and took a sip, eyes swirling silver for a moment in embarrassment at what he was about to confess. "After The Request, if the answer is yes, a gift is sent to the potential Consort, something that reflects how the vampire sees them. Then a public meeting is requested. After that is The Presentation. If approved, the vampire and consort may move their relationship to the more… physical… aspects of the relationship. There is a caveat; if permission to touch is granted before The Presentation, the restriction on physicality is removed."

Blushing softly, Alexander looked down and played with the hem of his sleeves as he thought for a few minutes, pouring a bit more sake into Antonin's saucer when it got to low. Doing the same with the tea cups, he looked up at the other again and smiled.

“The courtship has already started, correct?” he asked, seeing his answer already. “And we can be…intimate?” he asked, blushing and getting his answer again by a flash of gold. “I would love to be courted by you, Antonin,” he finally said after thinking a few minutes longer. “I do want to take a bit of time to get to know you before we bind ourselves, if you don’t mind. There are a lot of things you don’t quite know about me.”

Antonin nodded his acceptance, though he doubted there would be anything in Alexander's past to make him change his mind. Not that he could anyway, not now that he'd kissed him. "We'll go as fast or as slow as you like. I must warn you however, that my Sire can be quite unpredictable. I have no notion when he will arrive and request your Presentation."

"It's alright. Just as long as it's not in the middle of a test, I don't mind," Alexander replied, giggling softly up at him before he sipped his tea. "This is very good tea," he suddenly said.

"Darius is many things, but he is not so inconsiderate as to request a Presentation in the middle of something else." His voice softened and lowered, taking on that sinful quality it always got when he was aroused as he said, "I am very pleased you've accepted. I was rather afraid you would say no, given the short amount of time we've known each other."

Alexander shifted slightly in his seat before looking up as the waitress came to deliver their food, including a small green bottle with a simple label on it. One that made Alexander's eyes light up at the sight of.

Seeing the pleasure in Alexander's eyes at the sight of the wine, Antonin turned to the waitress and asked, "May I ask who sent this?" He placed a gentle hand over Alexander's to keep him from pouring until he knew it came from someone Alex trusted. He didn't have many enemies, but he did have a few, and he wanted no harm to befall his little lover.

"Tsana-san," the waitress replied, settling the wine into a thing of ice to chill a bit more.

"Oh, how sweet," Alexander breathed, smiling as he looked around, seeing his friend walking out the door already.

"He says, he will come see you soon and to enjoy your night," the waitress told Alexander.

Antonin smiled and opened the bottle to pour a glass of the fae wine for Alexander. "I hope this means your friend approves," he said lightly, although the words were sincere. He liked his Little Bird's friends; he wanted them to like and approve of him as well.

"I'm sure he does. Just give him time to get used to you," Alexander said, putting one hand on Antonin's arm with a smile before picking up his glass and taking a sniff, purring at the cherry scent. "Oh, these are from the Kuro vine yards," he nearly purred.

Enjoying the sight of Alexander so happy, he looked at their food and then asked, "Would you like to try any of this?"

"Oh, yes," Alexander replied, setting his glass down, splitting his chop sticks and looking over the food with a curious look.

Splitting his own chopsticks, Antonin pointed out each thing on the tiny wooden tray. "This is negi hamachi maki," he said, pointing to three small rolls with pale pink fish and green scallions inside. "It's yellow tail tuna and scallions. This is toro temaki," he continued, pointing to the cone shaped hand roll. ""It's fatty tuna, and is very, very delicious. This is tairagai, razor shell clam, aji also known as horse mackerel and ebi, which is obviously the boiled shrimp," he finished. "Which would you like to try?"

"The fatty tuna?" Alexander asked, his eye drawn to the way it looked and smelled. Tapping his bottom lip once, he looked up to Antonin to find out just what he should do. He knew basic things, but when it came to food, he was rather clueless.

Smiling, Antonin took a bit of the wasabi and mixed it with the soy sauce, then picked up the slice of tuna sitting on its stand of rice and lightly dipped it into the sauce before offering it to Alexander.

Opening his mouth, Alexander put his hand under the piece to make sure it didn't accidentally drip or fall onto his kimono before sliding the piece into his mouth. Closing his lips, he slid back, the chopsticks sliding out as he hummed softly at the taste, his eyes closing.

Antonin's jaw nearly dropped; he hadn't expected feeding Alexander to be quite this erotic, although he probably should have. He moaned softly in the back of his throat before clearing it to ask, "How do you like it?"

Finishing the piece, Alexander swallowed it and wiped his lip, just to be on the safe side. "It's really good," he finally says quietly.

Eyes completely gold and no longer even concerned with his own meal, Antonin asked, "What would you like to try next?" It was clear in his tone what he wanted, and it wasn't anything on the tray.

Blushing softly, Alexander scooted closer and sipped his tea before picking up his chop sticks. "Before we do anything, I need to eat something," he said, his voice smokey.

Antonin dragged in an unsteady breath and curled his arm around Alexander, "Then I suggest, Little Bird, that you feed yourself." He couldn't guarantee they'd not end up entirely leaving their meal for other delights in his bed.

Smiling again, Alexander picked up a roll of his order and ate it much like Antonin did before thinking about what else he wanted. He decided that he would nibble on the rice balls on the way home. Every so often, he sipped the wine or his tea, having the bottle sealed and wrapped to take home.

Antonin smiled gently at Alexander and worked to calm himself. He could not have the little blond here and he certainly had no desire for anyone else to witness more than a kiss between them. He ate because he knew he needed to, although his hunger was centered on the sprite beside him.

Finishing what he could stand, at least for the moment, Alexander pat his mouth and laid his chopsticks and napkin down. Picking up his tea, he sipped it, his cup of wine finished. "That was really good," he said, smiling brightly.

The moment Alexander had laid down his chopsticks Antonin motioned for a box to take away what was left. "We can come back another time if you like," he said quietly, eyes fixed momentarily on Alexander's mouth before he dragged them up to meet Alexander's eyes.

"I would," Alexander replied, blushing softly as he takes the bag with their food box from the waitress, along with the bottle. "Shall we?" he asked lowly.

Nodding wordlessly, Antonin stood and helped Alexander to his feet, resettling the tie of his lover's obi. "Your home?" he questioned, thinking about his promised meeting with the goddesses for the list of spells already in place to protect Alexander.

"Yes," Alexander replied, smiling as he fixed his purse along before settling the wine bottle in the crook of his arm. He was anticipating this more than he had thought he would.

Unwilling to wait the time it would take for them to run his card to pay for his meal, Antonin simply gave the girl his business card and said, "Have your manager call my secretary for payment. Include a thirty percent gratuity," he instructed, eyes gleaming intensely as he made certain his command would be obeyed. He knew both the owner and the manager and was certain there would be no issue with him not paying immediately.

Blinking a few times, Alexander giggled softly, the sound light and musical as he moved towards the front door, bow swaying with his hips. His hair swung back and forth as he obliviously ignored the looks he was getting.

Antonin smirked at a man who was openly gaping, then winked at another who had the grace to flush. He led his oblivious little lover out to the waiting car and helped him in – tipping the valet handsomely – then driving away.

Copyright © 2011 Morena Darkling, Rose Strailo; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..