Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Finding Salvation in the Dark - 5. Interrogation

Antonin slept, deeply and evenly. His appearance might have startled those who were not used to it. He didn't move and most certainly did not look like he was breathing. The quiet sounds inside the room went unnoticed as Antonin slept on and dreamed for the first time in centuries.

Smiling softly as he finished his food, Alexander checked the rest of the curtains in the house and put the dishes into the dishwasher before walking out to his jeep. Climbing into the seat he had to pull his pleated jean/denim skirt back into place over his white-washed jeans. His favorite pair of tennis shoes and a lovely lacy shirt over a sleeveless turtleneck completed his look. Closing the door, he started the car and headed to the crafts store.

Still and silent, unaware of anything outside of his mind, Antonin slept on, a feeling of well being and satisfaction settling into his body.

Humming happily, Alexander grabbed a small cart and pushed it towards the fabric section, nearly squealing with delight at the sign stating a half off sale on all fabrics. Heading to the fleece section, he started to choose several kinds for a quilt for Antonin. The attendant ended up having to get more help for all the other customers.

If it had been possible, Antonin would have found himself smiling in his sleep at the sheer amount of glee coursing through his body. It wasn't his of course, but still, he felt it, and it lightened his heart considerably.

Finally finishing with his cloth, half his basket full of rolls, Alexander headed to the thread and yarn section, finding even more sales.

Contentment and excitement, pure and unsullied, rolled through Antonin's mind. A picture formed of a smiling Alexander, eyes sparkling with pleasure.

Bouncing slightly in place, Alexander grabbed several spools of each color before moving onto the yarn, choosing several colors that he would use on the backing of to Antonin's quilt. Moving on to the painting section, he found the fuzzy posters; several of the larger ones included new markers. A careful search yielded some that he did not have yet. Finally finished, he headed for the cashier.

A tiny sigh escaped Antonin's sleeping form, the first movement he'd made this early in his sleep, in aeons. If Antonin had known about this, it would have surprised him enough to ask Darius why it happened.

Loading his jeep up, Alexander paused before closing the door and heading into an Italian sweet shop. He wanted to get a freshly baked cake and things for breakfast before heading backto his jeep, balancing the food delicately.

Contended and relaxed, Antonin sank into a deeper sleep, subconscious mind still entwined with Alexander's as he lost touch with everything.

Smiling at the soft tug from his lover, Alexander drove home, soon he was walking into his back door. Unloading the jeep, he striped out of his clothes and settled down next to his lover, wearing Antonin's shirt, with a ball of yarn and a pair of needles, he set about starting on the underside of the blanket, the small TV that he kept usually hidden, turned to an Opera channel. Today’s feature was ‘The Barber of Fleet Street’ and he was determined to enjoy it.

*~*~* 

A few minutes before sunset Antonin stirred, feeling more rested than he had in some time. A small frown marred his face as he tried to remember the last time he'd slept so well and found he couldn't remember. He stretched slowly feeling a contentment wash over him that wasn't his own, and he smiled.

Looking over, Alexander smiled and put his partially finished blanket aside. "Hey there," he murmured, reaching out and smoothing Antonin's hair out of his face with a chuckle. "You look well rested."

"I feel well rested," Antonin replied as he leaned into the small caress. "Something I've not felt in years." He tilted his head curiously and said, "You seem to have the most remarkable affect on me."

Smiling brightly, Alexander held up the rather large piece of woven yarn and asked "What do you think so far?" before standing up entirely to hold it up. "I'm making a quilt and this is a special backing for it. By the time it's done, it should be big enough for a California queen."

"It's lovely," Antonin replied sincerely. "It won't quite fit with the color scheme of my bedroom though," he added thoughtfully. "Can we use it here?" he asked. It was very thoughtful. The idea that Alexander would do this for him made Antonin's smile widen.

"That works for me. I was making it for us to curl up under together during those cold winter months." Sitting down, he tugged on Antonin’s shirt, that swallowed him whole. "Stole your shirt."

"You look delightful in it," Antonin replied, heat coloring his voice. He took in the content, happy expression on Alexander's face. Leaning forward to brush a chaste kiss over his lips, pulling back to ask, "What did you do today. You felt… very happy."

"There was a sale at the crafts store. I was able to get all my fabric for like half the price," he replied, smiling. "I also got a fresh cake and some breakfast items from a small Italian pastry place."

Antonin's first thought was to hope Alexander had not waited to dine, then he remembered his lover had nibbled during the day. "What sort of breakfast items?" he asked curious as to what Alexander preferred for his first meal of the day.

"These odd muffin like things and a few breads," Alexander said musingly. "I couldn't really decide on just one thing and it was all fresh, so I kinda went nuts."

Somehow unsurprised by that, Antonin leaned forward and kissed Alexander on his collarbone. "Do you mind if I wash first?" he asked. Nothing woke him better than a hot shower, and he had the feeling he needed to be awake.

"Of course I don't mind. If you want, I can join you," Alexander teased gently before snapping his fingers. "Oh! Lin is coming over in an hour to interrogate you since I'm his brother in his eyes."

Antonin laughed as he slid out of bed, lifting Alexander once he was standing. "Good. I'd be rather disappointed if he didn't," he said heading for the bathroom. One look at the tub had him shaking his head. "I think shower if we want to be presentable when Lin arrives."

"Yes. A bath can wait. Let me show you how the system works," Alexander laughs, wiggling out of Antonin's arms and walking over to a small square with a screen. "It's a new technology and Lin refused to let me have a shower that I have to turn on by twisting knobs."

One brow rose at that, as he saw nothing wrong with twisting knobs, but he stood back to watch.

"It's really easy. It has a temperature remembrance system, so I just have to press my name and it starts for me," Alexander smiled, doing just that, the shower started and steam began to rise slowly.

The other brow rose to join the first and Antonin shook his head. "And why exactly does Lin not want you using knobs?" he asked as he stepped into the shower, tugging Alexander in, shirt and all. He had other shirts and he wanted to see what his lover looked like wet, in this one.

"When I first wake up I would turn up the water too hot," Alexander explained, blushing softly. "Or too cold. I'm not exactly an awake person."

That made Antonin smile; he could actually see Alexander stumbling around early in the morning, half awake. "You are such an adorable creature," he murmured. "And you look delicious like that," he added, eyes sparkling with mischief.

Eyeing his lover, Alexander stepped out of the shower to gather the shower stuff from the bath tub as he shed a very tiny pair of skin colored underwear keeping his eyes on Antonin. He asked, "What are you thinking?"

A smile curving his lips, Antonin crooked a finger at Alexander. "Come here Little Bird, and I'll show you," he murmured. The only thing on his mind – at the moment – was kissing his lover properly.

Walking back over after putting the stuff into the steaming shower stall, Alexander slid up to Antonin with a smile and a swing to his hips

"Do not begin something we've no time to finish," Antonin murmured as he drew Alexander flush with his body, eyes swirling gold for a moment before returning to their normal color. He ducked his head and kissed Alexander slowly and deeply, exactly as he'd wanted to from the second he'd woken.

Humming happily, Alexander wrapped his arms around Antonin’s neck, the shirt rising up as he opened his mouth to the questing tongue. Antonin’s taste was even more addicting than it had been the day before.

Antonin slid his hands slowly down Alexander's back, taking in the feel of the wet fabric molded to Alexander's body with a low sound of need. It was… unexpectedly erotic; kissing his lover in a shower that was both delightfully hot but as gentle as rain as it landed across his shoulders.

Pulling away slowly, Alexander blinked a few times before smiling softly. "We'll finish this later, after Lin had his chance to figure you out," he promised softly, his hair dark from the water, droplets clinging to his eye lashes.

Thinking that Alexander looked every inch the otherworldly being he was right at that moment, Antonin could only nod. Alexander was beautiful, but right at this moment Antonin thought he looked positively ethereal.

Blinking up at Antonin, before blushing, his eyes darkening, he cleared his throat and said softly "Baby, reign in your thoughts if you don't want Lin to hear me screaming your name."

It might have been the person saying it, or the tone in which it was said. Perhaps it was even the flare of need he felt from his blond lover, or the way Alexander's eyes went from marigold to molten gold, but whatever it was, suddenly the word 'baby' – a term of endearment Antonin had always hated – was the sexiest thing in the world. Coupled with the rest of what Alexander said it was all Antonin could do to not take him now, expected visitor or not.

Making a soft sound an surprise, Alexander melted into Antonin’s body, his body shuddering, the feelings alone nearly able to shove him over the edge. It was such a surprise of pleasure and lust that it made him quite speechless as he held onto Antonin tightly.

Responding instinctively to what he felt coming from Alexander, his hands slid down to cup Alexander's ass, pulling him tightly up against his own groin as he rolled his hips. He groaned, wondering how he would survive being bonded to the other man if it was already like this; so intense it was near overwhelming.

Wrapping his legs around Antonin’s waist tightly, Alexander wondered why he hadn’t found his soon to be mate sooner as he returned the hip roll. It was delightful, the mix of skin against his thighs and calves, the feeling of water wetting down the shirt even more as he rocked...it was enough send his mind tumbling into a haze and make him moan "Drago" once more.

The 'fuck' that hissed out of Antonin at that was such a complete surprise. He blinked when he heard it. He hadn't used that word in… he couldn't even remember it had been that long. Since his early years as a vampire he knew that much. He blinked down at Alexander and turning to the nearest wall, he pressed Alexander against it, hiking up the shirt from between them, nearly tearing it in his haste. He needed to be closer – now – needed skin and proper friction. He didn't dare try to take Alexander properly; he was too hot, too close and by the Mother nearly at the end of his control as it was.

Whimpering and arching into the sudden touches and feeling, Alexander mewed softly. Tipping his head back, he fought his way out of the shirt and dropped it down with a wet plop before turning back to holding onto Antonin as their groins slide against each other. Whimpering again, he rocked his hips forward, shivering slightly.

Growling low in his throat, Antonin ducked his head as he thrust once more, just managing to keep his strength in check as he rubbed against his lover. "You," he started then gasped as Alexander rolled his hips once more, "You do things to me no one ever has," he panted. He closed his mouth on the skin of Alexander's neck and sucked – no teeth – just lips and tongue, wanting to mark him in the most basic of ways.

Moaning, Alexander shuddered at the feeling of mouth and tongue on his neck. Arching again, he whimpered Antonin’s name as he suddenly spilled between them, his need to be marked where others could see, fulfilled. Shuddering and whimpering he fell limp into Antonin’s arms, leaving scratches down his back.

Unable to help it, Antonin followed, the heat of Alexander's release against his sensitive skin, the intensity of his lover's emotions, the reaction Alexander had to being marked in such a public manner all combined to send Antonin over the edge. He held Alexander against him, stepping back away from the wall, eyes slowly fading from gold to black ringed charcoal once more.

Panting(,) and smiling(he smiled) up at Antonin, Alexander slowly put his legs down, still staying pressed against his lover. Nuzzling him slightly, he sighed in utter contentment. "That was...wonderful," he hummed in delight."

Antonin had to agree, although wonderful seemed a bit mild a term for what the experience had been. "We should actually wash this time," he murmured softly, shifting away from Alexander, knowing if he stayed too close, they'd get… distracted … again. "I think it might be best if we washed ourselves."

He'd heard about this particular effect mates had on each other, the constant need to touch, but he'd laughed it off as Darius' excuse to always have Elena at his side. Not anymore; now it made perfect sense. He felt completely whole, completely himself and at peace when Alexander was near. He smiled wryly… either that or intensely randy.

Smiling, Alexander blushed. He nodded his agreement as he picked up the shirt and wrung it out, Already, he was feeling the urge to touch Antonin again. He placed it over the edge of a table to dry before stepping under the water. Grabbing his soap and the poof he started to rinse off. He understood why they needed to bathe; Lin was coming over and they needed to be ready, but he really wanted to pounce. The honey scent of his soap filled the air. He moved over to give Antonin some space. He hoped that they got along well, otherwise this might end up in a bloodbath.

Understanding his lover's sudden anxiety, Antonin did what he could to send reassuring feelings to his lover. He thought he and Lin would get along just fine, he liked the man more with each conversation they had. He washed his body quickly and removed himself from temptation, toweling off and pulling on his pants. He had a change of clothing in the trunk of the car – a habit from days long past – he would fetch them once Alexander was done in the bath.

Finishing with his shower up, he stepped out, Alexander smiled over his shoulder as he grabbed some fresh towels, he handed Antonin a couple. "I'm really glad that I met you," he said after a few moments, having swept his hair up into one towel and wrapped another around his waist. “You make me happy in ways that no one else ever has. Not even Lin, and I’ve known him since we were in kindergarten.”

Pleasure flooding him with those words, Antonin made no attempt to stop the emotion from rising. He [i]wanted[/i] Alexander to feel it. Taking one of the towels, he wrapped it around his hair in much the same way Alexander had, then bussed his lover quickly. "I'll be right back. I need to get something from the car."

"Alright," Alexander smiled, moving to the bedroom again. "The porch light, if you need it, is by the front door, under the hooks. Oh! And the scroll from the Goddesses is sitting on the coffee table. I found it and a pocket watch that is really old on the table next to it. The note said you would know what the watch was."

Blinking in surprise, Antonin headed into the living room. He promptly froze the minute he saw the watch sitting on the coffee table. A profound sadness overwhelmed him and he slowly reached out to pick up the watch he'd expected never to see again in his lifetime. It had been a joke at the time, a gift he'd ordered for his lover, telling him that it would make him appear to be a proper Englishman.

Taki was born to an English solider and a Japanese woman and he had never seen his father's homeland. Antonin had given the watch to him two days before he'd died. It had never been clear what had happened – no matter who he asked or how he asked, all anyone had known was that Taki had been defending the women of the village – and he'd never found the watch.

He blinked once more, surprised at how much just seeing it affected him. He'd stopped looking for it only weeks after it had been lost. He wasn't certain what the Goddesses were trying to tell him; did they approve of his relationship with Alexander, or not? Absently he wondered how he'd react if anything ever happened to Alexander and a pain so strong it sent him to his knees stabbed through his body. He couldn't help the wry smile that tried to curl his lips; at least now he thought he might have an answer for his question as to why the Goddesses would have given him this.

Blinking a few times at the sadness coming from his lover, Alexander moved into the living room, wearing only a pair of black boy cut panties. "Love? What's wrong?" he asked, his hair hanging around his face in curls. He could feel the conflicting emotions even stronger and it made him worried. "There's a note for you by the way," he said, passing the parchment to him. "They said they found it in a river on their travels one year and that's all they would tell me."

Antonin shook himself, the pain dulling to a dull throb as he reached for the parchment before him. He opened it up and closed his eyes; whatever had happened to Taki, he'd been robbed, and the fool had then tried to rob Li. He realized he hadn't answered Alexander, and turned pained eyes to look at his little love.

Whimpering softly, Alexander moved closer to Antonin before climbing into his lap, facing him and wrapping his legs around Antonin's waist, surrounding him in warmth. "It was special, wasn't it?" he asked softly against Antonin's collarbone.

Gratefully closing his arms around Alexander, Antonin nearly sobbed in relief. He needed the closeness, but hadn't been quite sure how to ask for it. He held Alexander to his chest, reveling in how warm he was, in his scent, in the fact that he was alive, slowly began speaking.

"It belonged to a lover… the first person I ever thought might be my mate actually," he confessed softly. "He was killed two days after I gave him this watch, and his attackers were never found."

"I'm sorry you lost him when you did," Alexander murmured softly, brushing his lips over Antonin's shoulder, offering comfort. "I can promise that the Goddesses will never let me leave you. They'll kill off my human blood before they let that happen. And I will always come back to you."

Once again, Antonin revised his thoughts on the reasoning behind the Goddesses' gift. Crafty little things, weren't they? "I adore you, you know that don't you?" he asked very softly. He'd never gotten the chance to actually tell Taki how he'd felt, though he'd shown him. He resolved then and there to tell Alexander as often as he possibly could.

"I know. I can feel it, like a warmth that fills me," Alexander hummed. "It makes me feel happy in a way that I haven't since my father was scattered in the sea. It's like a good rum and a roaring fire place all at once, nice and cozy and familiar. I adore you just as much," he finished, his own care and love flowing through the bond.

Antonin held him closer still, grateful beyond measure for Alexander's affirmation of his feelings as well as the knowledge Li and Jin-Sing wouldn't allow Alexander to die the way Taki had. It occurred to him that if Lin were to arrive now, neither of them would be would be presentable. Tilting his head, he brought Alexander's face down for a brief kiss. Pulling away reluctantly, he reminded Alexander of their expected guest. "We should get dressed. Lin will be here soon."

"Yeah," Alexander said, before snorting as 'Disturbia' fills the house. "And that would be him. He's probably calling to make sure he can come up." Shaking his head, he grabbed the small purse and pulled out his phone, before flipping it open to answer it, getting a "Hello bitches," from the speaker.

"Lin, be nice," Alexander giggled.

"Yes, Mommy," Lin replied.

Antonin laughed softly. Actually, something like that had been just what he needed to take his mind away from where it had been. "I should hate to hear how you greet people you dislike," he teased Lin gently, smiling at Alexander as he did so.

"I'd probably end up telling them to shove their heads in an ant hill because I didn't want to listen to their harpy screech," Lin replied, laughing. "I'll be there in about 20 minutes, you two. I'm picking up something nice for dinner." Alexander stopped laughing long enough to say yes.

Responding instinctively to Lin as he would have to Darius, Antonin asked mock warily, "You're not planning to poison me are you?" It was a joke, and that was clear in his tone, but for a moment, he was surprised he'd actually said it. He must like Lin more than he realized.

Looking warily at the phone, Alexander snerked at the slightly evil laugh that came from Lin before it cut off. "Let's get dressed," he said, standing up, turning around he tugged Antonin up too.

Antonin smiled as he took Alexander's hand. He was about to retrieve his clothing from the car when something occurred to him. He turned to catch Alexander's arm as he headed for the bedroom. Eyes swirling silver for a moment with embarrassment he said softly, "Alexander, I've a favor to ask."

"Yes?" Alexander replied just as softly, he looked up at Antonin with wide, curious eyes. "What do you need?" Shifting so that his body was actually facing Antonin, he waited.

Unsure how to explain himself, Antonin simply said what he needed to and hoped the accompanying emotions of warmth, desire, intimacy and trust that went with his words would give Alexander an idea what he meant. "Please… do not call me Drago when we are not alone."

Smiling softly, Alexander nodded as Antonin stroked his cheek with one hand. "That name is for me alone. No one else can use it, got it?" he said softly before kissing his cheek. "Go get your clothes. I doubt you want Lin to see you in those. That's my view."

With an amused grin, Antonin did as he was bid. Heading out to his car, he grabbed the small bag in the trunk and went back inside, locking the door behind him. He frowned as he realized he had no idea what was in this bag, it had been so long since he'd packed it.

He set it on the floor beside Alexander's bed and opened it, smirking when he saw what was inside. He must have been with Darius when he'd packed it… Darius tastes always seemed to rub off on him then. Inside was a red crushed velvet poet shirt, the front half laced and a pair of red leather pants in the same shade as the shirt. He pulled them out and laid them on the bed, then pulled the towel off his hair and his dirty trousers off his body.

Sliding into a black skirt with red splashes on it, resembling splashes of blood, Alexander grabbed the matching shirt, , and pulled it on too. Looking around, he moved to his bed, reached reaching he pulled out a large red velvet box with a small silver lock on it. "My jewelry box," he explained at the curious look. Popping the lock and lifting the lid, he exposed the various jewelry.

Glancing curiously into the box, Antonin pointed to a clear white stone with milky striations and asked, "Is that Danburite? You should wear that… unless you have, ah, there, fire agate. Perfect," he murmured. "Wear that one, please?"

Pulling out a pendant on a long white gold chain, he smiled softly as he stroked the stone. "My father got this for me when I was just 3 years old. It used to hang on my wall on a leather thong to keep me healthy. When I turned 5, he got me my first chain for it. Every year since, I got a new chain to wear it on. Now days, I don't wear it often," Alexander said, holding it out to his lover. "Put it on me?"

Taking it carefully, Antonin opened the clasp and stood behind Alexander. "Hold your hair for me?"

Holding up his hair Alexander smiled softly as he felt the soft weight of the necklace that held so many memories for him. A surprised look crosses his face. "I haven't worn this since I started high school."

Antonin laughed as he moved from behind him, pulling on his own pants and shirt, leaving the laces on the shirt undone. "There are a great many things I have felt and experienced with you. Things I haven't felt in centuries," he said softly. "It pleases me to give to even a small taste of that back to you." And it did… even if it was only pointing out something that held happy memories for his lover.

Smiling softly, Alexander stroked the stone before snapping his fingers and digging around the jewelry box before pulling out a what looked to be a charm bracelet. The charms were vampire fangs, something that looked to be real hearts with bits of rubies resembling blood droplets and a cat where it hooked. "I've been wanting to wear this. It's an anklet," he said, putting one foot onto the bed and hooking the anklet on.

Curious about just where Alexander had gotten the vampire fangs for a charm from, Antonin watched Alexander put on the anklet then asked, "How did you manage to acquire vampire fangs as a charm?"

"Lin," Alexander said, shrugging his shoulders. "I got it along with the bathroom. He said I should have something special on my freaky birthday," he giggled, pulling on a pair of slip on heels.

"What is "freaky" about turning eighteen?" Antonin wondered aloud. Granted Alexander was born on Halloween, however there truly wasn't anything odd about that… except for the way most people viewed the day, but that was another matter entirely.

"The way that every one views it is freaky. It's such a mish mash of religions and beliefs and it makes me cackle," Alexander snickered, hearing the door bell try to ring, before someone kicked the door. "Lin's here."

Antonin laughed at that; he could only agree. He did raise a brow at the 'knock' on the door. "Shall I answer?"

"Please? I'll grab plates and glasses," Alexander replied, kissing Antonin's cheek before moving towards the kitchen.

Still smiling, Antonin made his way to the door to be confronted with Lin, his hands full. "Need some help?" he asked, amused at the sight.

"Please," Lin said, juggling the bags, and two small bottles of sake from the sushi place. "Here, I picked up some pizza, breadsticks, and some chicken alfredo from this small Italian place near my building. Take the breadsticks and alfredo if you can."

Antonin reached over and lifted off the entire top half of the pile with ease, leaving only the pizza and sake in Lin's hands. "Alexander is in the kitchen, getting dishes," Antonin told him, moving to set his handful on the edge of the small coffee table, pushing it to the middle once he'd retrieved the parchment, watch, and scroll. Items in hand he turned to Lin and said, "I'll be right back," and disappeared into the bedroom to put the items away.

"Yep," Lin answered, walking into the house, wondering how the hell how he had managed to get up those stairs in 3 inch heels. "I hope you still have some of that fae wine, Alexander," Lin said, seeing his friend.

"Of course I do," Alexander replied, setting the wine bottle down with the dishes and silverware.

Antonin heard the two talking and decided to give them a few moments to themselves. He picked up the towels from where they lay and tossed them into the basket, then he straightened the sheets on the bed a little before he headed back into the living room.

Giggling together as they set giant pillows onto the floor and put out the plates, Lin was telling Alexander about a new raider who had gotten trapped in a basic trap. "And then he whined for an hour before someone shoved a sock into his mouth until they could get the lock undone," he finished.

"Please tell me I wasn't ever that stupid," Alexander moaned as he put the sake bottles down into a small bowl of boiling water.

Settling himself next to Alexander, Antonin broke into the conversation. "Somehow, Little Bird, I doubt you would have been so stupid as to annoy those who care for you by being thoughtless with your wellbeing." He'd heard Lin's last words, and Alexander's response to them, all else he'd purposefully tuned out to give them privacy.

"Thanks, Antonin," Alexander replied, kissing Antonin’s cheek with a soft look.

"I brought you some sake. I noticed you liked it at the restaurant," Lin said, pouring the wine, he left Alexander to pour Antonin's sake for him.

"Serve up people. I'm starving," he finished, settling onto one of the pillows, leaving the other two for the couple.

Antonin smiled and nodded. "I do have a partiality to sake, yes," he said, promising himself to tell Alexander about that sometime… maybe after he'd met Darius. "What would you like?' he asked Alexander, watching as his lover tended to the sake.

"A slice of the pineapple and canadian bacon pizza and some of the alfredo?" Alexander asked, pouring the sake before putting the bottle down again, seeing Lin flip open the three boxes, the other two a cheese and a meat.

Antonin nodded, and put some of both on a plate for Alexander, setting it in front of him. He took some alfredo and few breadsticks for himself, then settled himself more comfortably. "So, Alexander tells me I'm in for an interrogation," he said to Lin. He'd rather get that bit out the way so they could enjoy their time together.

Snickering, Lin nodded and swallowed. "Yeah, you are. Just basic stuff right now. Like, where were you born? How old are you? And do you plan on moving out here or combining the lots?" he asked, before sipping his wine, Alexander stared at him as a he stopped mid bite of his slice of pizza slice half way to his mouth.

Smirking slightly – his eyes filled with amusement – Antonin sent reassuring waves of affection in Alexander's direction. "I'm not certain where I was born and the place I grew up no longer exists. I was twenty six when I changed, and I have lived five centuries since then." He took a bite of his alfredo and moaned softly in appreciation before he continued. "As far as where we will live… Alexander has yet to see my home. Regardless, we will live where he is most comfortable when that time arrives. Anything else?"

"When's the wedding?" Lin asks after making sure that Antonin wouldn't choke on his food, though, Alexander sputtered; he had just started to sip his wine. Wiping off his chin, Alexander blushed and glared at his innocently watching friend.

"There will be no wedding," Antonin said wickedly, keeping the fact that he planned to give Alexander one if he wished to himself for the moment. "There will however, be a binding at some point after his Presentation to my Sire and his Consort Elena."

"Can I design your dress?" Lin asked, turning his eyes to Alexander who just blinked at him a few times. "You need the right clothes when it comes to meeting your in-laws," he explained to the blank look. Alexander just nodded his head, blinking a few more times before taking a sip of his wine.

Reaching over he ran a soothing hand along Alexander's spine, Antonin responded, "Actually, there is s specific type of regalia regalia for his Presentation. I will see to that myself if you please, although, for the Final Acceptance – the binding – you will be free to do as you wish."

Setting his dish down, he leaned over and licked softly at the mark on Alexander's neck, wanting to both soothe and relax him as well as remind him he was going nowhere. "I think," he said to Lin once he'd pulled away, "the remainder of our conversation should be private, Alexander is a bit overwhelmed at the moment."

Pouting a bit, before smiling brightly as he watched Alexander relax into his lover, Lin nodded his agreement and said, "I can do that, for now. How's life treating you?"

Shaking his head, Alexander stole a bite of alfredo from Antonin's plate and ate it with a happy hum. "It's treating us well, Lin. Question, did you create my anklet?" he asked, remembering Antonin’s earlier inquires.

Lin nodded and wiped his mouth as he swallowed. "Yeah, I did the work personally."

"I am curious as to how you managed to obtain vampire fangs," Antonin questioned, his brow arching. That was no mean feat… a vampire had to be dead or close to it in order for one to take it's fangs, and even then, the person taking them had to be very powerful.

"The fangs were given to my master jewelry maker from his long time lover. The vampire had been attacked during the day light by a self-righteous bastard from the Vatican," Lin said softly. "The fangs on the bracelet have a tiny protection symbol carved on each one of them. They were made from one of his fangs. I have the other and I will be fashioning it into something for you. He asked Ki to use it for the Moon Light Lovers."

A brow rose at that- the knowledge of a gift for him was surprising - but Antonin chose not to address it. "It is shameful really, the way humans attack what they do not understand." He tugged Alexander closer and fed him a bit of alfredo. "Thank you. I may have to visit your jeweler… if he would allow it. I have several stones I want made into jewels and if he is a friend of yours, then I can trust him to make them without damaging them or causing harm to Alexander."

"Ki is a sweety. He loves Alexander like the child he never had," Lin said, smiling as he watched Alexander cuddle closer to Antonin.

"He was there for me and my mom when she was trying to get things in order," Alexander explained. "He's been working on jewelery for about 300 years before he became Lin's protector and then main jeweler. Lin does some work too."

Antonin inclined his head in Lin's direction as he absorbed that information, resisting the urge to pull Alexander onto his lap. "How old are you in fae years, Lin?" he asked. It hadn't occurred to him before, but Lin was fae… he could very well be centuries older than he looked.

"I’m 18, and yes, that is my real age," Lin said, waving a fork at Antonin. "I was born to a full fae mother and a half human, half blood demon father. My human blood died out when I was 2, due to a serious illness that I survived."

Alexander smiled softly at his friend and patted his hand. "I'm glad you're 3/4's fae dear. Makes you look more exotic than other faes," Alexander says, shifting until he was sitting in Antonin’s lap.

Antonin wrapped his arms around Alexander, inhaling the scent of his hair, and a hot flash of desire shot through him. He moaned softly so only Alexander could hear, deciding that he needed to remove temptation once more. "Alexander, do you mind if Lin and I speak privately for a moment?" he asked.

"Of course not. I need to go print out some information on the place that we're going to," Alexander said. Smiling softly he kissed Antonin’s cheek. Getting up, grabbing another slice of pizza and headed down a small hallway hidden by a curtain of beads.

Lin raised an eye brow as he reached for some more alfredo.

Antonin waited until Alexander was gone before turning to Lin and said, "So, your real questions. Ask them now. I've a need to be alone with my lover," he said bluntly.

"What do you plan to do with Kilim?" Lin asked bluntly, still eating his food. "I don't want the bastard around Alexander. I fear the ass will try to do something the moment he catches wind of your...engagement, if you will."

Antonin waited until Lin raised his eyes to lock his own with the other man's. "He has already been warned; he will die should he come near Alexander once more. I believe my exact words were 'Touch him again, and you die. Slowly and in the most painful manner I can devise'. Quite clear, I think."

"He's an idiot who believes the fact that his daddy is the Guardian of the West will protect him," Lin said, snorting. "His father is powerful, but he understands protecting ones mate. He won't protect his son, no matter what the idiot thinks."

Antonin smiled then, and it was not a pleasant sight. It was feral, wild, dangerous and full of teeth. "I hope he tries. I've things I'd like to discuss with him, like how he treated my Little Bird for one. No one who could treat Alexander in such a manner, who could make him believe he is not the beautiful being he is, deserves to live."

"I'm of the same mind, but I've been forbidden by Alexander from feeding from him," Lin pouted, flashing a bit of fang. "He says Kilim will give me indigestion and an upset stomach."

Antonin snorted. "No doubt. I have no intention of sullying my body with that vermin's blood. I will, however, take great delight in watching it soak into the earth after he and I have had our little 'chat'," he purred dangerously.

"Just not on your own grounds or Alexander’s, please. He connects with the land and will know what happened," Lin warned as he finished his food. "Now calm down. The printer hum is dead and Alexander should be back in a moment."

Antonin wanted to scoff at the very idea that he would defile either his land or Alexander's by allowing Kilim's death on either property, but refrained. Instead – taking heed of the fact the printer was indeed quiet, he said, "I thought I'd take Alexander with me this evening to see my home. It's roughly fifteen minutes north of here."

"That sounds nice. I'll have to come over some night," Lin said, hearing Alexander coming out with a pile of papers.

"Come out where?" he asked, perching on Antonin’s knee with a happy smile. Lin shook his head and stole a breadstick.

"Ask your lover. I have to go to a late night meeting with a vampire in a couple of hours," Lin said. Standing up and hugging first Alexander then Antonin before he walked out with a wave.

Antonin pulled Alexander firmly onto his lap as he waved at Lin. Once the door had closed he turned his head and nuzzled Alexander's neck. "I thought perhaps we could spend the evening in my home. I've a feeling Darius will arrive soon and I'd just as soon be where he can find me rather than have him hunt me."

"I can do that," Alexander hummed softly, settling back into Antonin’s arms. "Should I pack a few things to keep busy with?" he asked, nuzzling his lover's neck once. "After school tomorrow I will need something to do while you sleep."

Antonin nodded. "My primary office is in my home. Maria will be there when you return from school, she likes you a great deal. She is… rather protective of me. The fact she likes you goes a long way in confirming my belief that Darius will utterly adore you."

"She likes me because I gave her oreos," Alexander giggled, making a note to bring his stash of cookies. " I like her too. She's very sweet. But I'm only there to take my final exams tomorrow. I took speed courses this semester."

"Found her weakness did you?" Antonin teased although he knew it took far more than that to make Maria approve of anyone. She barely tolerated Darius as it was. "Will you sit with me when you return? I… I've not slept as well as I did with you beside me in centuries. I even dreamed, something I've not done since the first years of my change."

"I will," Alexander said, nodding with a happy smile. "I may end up a bit late. I need to swing by a Wiccan shop for my order. I had to get some new herbs, so if you wake up and there's herbs hanging in the bathroom, don't freak. I would love to sit with you and help you dream."

Antonin nodded, then asked, "Could you pick up some white sage for me? I prefer to have Darius' rooms cleansed before he arrives if at all possible," he explained.

"Of course. I'll call the woman who owns the shop and ask her to put a couple ounces aside," Alexander replied, smiling brightly. Suddenly snapping his fingers he got up and lit a small green cone, filling the air with the soft scent of lavender and vanilla. "Have to do this every day."

Antonin tilted his head curiously. "Why?" he asked.

"To help cleanse the house and to remember all those who have passed on," Alexander replied, smiling as he set another lit cone in front of a family picture. It was of his family; a beautiful woman with long red hair and brown eyes and a man with gold hair and honey brown eyes. A small child in a pair of tights, skirt and shirt stood between them, hair done up in tiny pig tails.

Nodding his understanding, Antonin tugged Alexander onto his lap once more. "Shall we leave after we've cleaned up a bit and you've had a chance to pack your clothing?"

Nodding, Alexander smiled and he moved to a small storage closet, grabbing two suitcases and a duffle bag. "Can you go into my office and grab my back pack and lap top case? Everything should be in it," he asked, looking over his shoulder as he hauled his stuff into the bed room.

Antonin moved off to retrieve what Alexander had asked for, debating whether to ask his lover to stay at his place while he familiarized himself with the Goddesses' scroll.

Singing softly, Alexander packed his suitcases, putting in clothes, a couple pair of shoes and various other personal items into the cases. Finding his unopened bottles of bath supplies, he added them, noticing that he was running low again. Zipping up the suitcases, he grabbed his sewing boxes, a large one containing supplies and a smaller one that held his sewing machine. Looking around, he nibbled on his bottom lip before nodding to himself in satisfaction.

Coming back to the bedroom Antonin stopped as he took in the sight of Alexander surrounded by two cases and a rather large box. Smiling, he stepped into the room and handed Alexander the backpack and the laptop case. "I was debating whether or not to ask you to stay with me while I familiarized myself with the scroll, but I see that needn't have worried and simply asked," he said quietly, eyes warm.

"I don't do much during the day beyond going to school," Alexander replied, reaching for his jewelry box and then another box that had 'Incense and Herbs' inscribed on the top in silver. "I hope you don't mind so much stuff. But I figured you'd want me to stay with you while you put down your protections."

"Well, there is that, but I have to confess to the purely selfish motive of simply wanting you close," Antonin said, brushing a gentle kiss across Alexander's forehead. "Is there anything else you need to get before we go?"

"The spoilable food?" he asked, smiling. "And my sweet stash. I like my oreos when I'm studying." Kissing Antonin's cheek, he grabbed the smaller duffle bag before shoving his sewing boxes into the living room.

Smiling and shaking his head in amusement at the fact it seemed as if Alexander were moving in and not simply planning to stay a few days, Antonin picked up the cases and followed behind him. "I'll set these in the trunk and come back for the rest," he said as he headed for the door.

"Alright," Alexander agreed, grabbing his sweet stash and the milk. Putting the left over pizza into a large shopping bag , he put the rest in there too. He shook the soy milk container before pouring the last of it into a glass and sipped at it, tossing the container. "Not much food that will die on me..."

Antonin returned in time to catch the last comment and smiled. "What else could I take out?" he asked.

"Just have the duffle bag, the back pack and me," Alexander giggled, finishing his soy milk with a happy hum.

"Alright then, let's go," Antonin said, sliding an arm around Alexander's waist, leading him to the door. He waited while his lover locked up his home, then he ushered him into the car and drove off.

Copyright © 2011 Morena Darkling, Rose Strailo; All Rights Reserved.
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..