Jump to content
    Moritana
  • Author
  • 2,627 Words
  • 578 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

No Heart- No Problems - 4. Chapter 4

"lets shag"
"Brian, fake English accents do not work on me."
This conversation took place after work, the day I got promoted.
After we each grabbed a broom, sharing duties due to the lack of a busboy, he somehow managed to corner me between two booths.
"so lets fuck!" at which point he pinned me against the wall, with both the brooms in his hand.
"Brian," I said again, and looked him in the eyes "you are not gay."

Later that night, when we were both done with our chores at the diner, and Alexis set us free, Brian invited me over to his place, claiming "I like you, lets bond!". He had a two bedroom apartment, two blocks away from the diner.

When he opened the door, it was dark, but soon he flipped the light switch, and I could see the place properly.
For a single guys apartment, the place looked pretty neat.
His living room was well lit, and the furniture, even if a bit old, were clean, and everything seemed dusted.
Compared to my tiny studio, this place looked great. I rarely bothered to sweep the floor, not to mention dust. And I only had an old sofa bed and a small table with two chairs as furniture, compared to his salon set.

As we got in, he threw his keys to a bowl on a small table near the door, and turned to the left, and went through an arch that apparently led to the kitchen, then busied himself stuffing some of the leftovers we got from Alexis into the fridge, leaving me free to look around.

I noticed he had no dirty dishes in the sink, and the table was covered.
When I left the kitchen back to the living room, I saw three doors. One was probably the toilet, judging by the sign on the door, one was closed, but I noticed the third door to one of the rooms was slightly open, and through it I could see a bedroom, more messy than the rest of the house, with some clothes laying on the floor.

"I used to have a roommate" I heard from behind me, and turned to find Brian, who apparently finished putting away the food. "she left about a week ago to move in with her boyfriend." he looked around, over all the stuff I noticed "I guess I'm used to her bossing me around to clean the common area, so I just do it by myself." he flashed me as sad smile for a second, before turning around and heading back to the kitchen. "my bedroom was always my domain, though. be careful of the mutant sandwiches!" I chuckled, and then looked up when he spoke again "ill have to get another one soon" he continued "a roommate".
He paused, and when I moved to go after him, he turned again, and gestured to the living room. "go sit down." So I went, and sat down on the sofa placing my bag on the floor near me.

When he returned, he had two cans of beer. He handed one to me, before sitting next to me on the the sofa, and after a thought, placed his feet on the table and turned to look at me.
"so how did you know? that I'm not gay, I mean" he asked me curiously before taking a sip from his beer.
"you look at me differently that what I'm used to from some people" I answered sincerely, and took a swig from the drink "you do know I'm a minor right?" I sneered at him.
"oh my ass, you are?! I would've never guessed, what with the compact size to go and that baby face of yours!" he mocked. "you look natural enough with that beer through"
"I had my nights of wild." for a second I saw myself back at my old home, cruising the clubs with Jon, everybody buying me drinks..
I shook my head to clear it.
"I bet you did" taking a swig himself and setting the can down on the table, he took a long look at me. "why aren't you scared?" when I raised an eyebrow at him, he continued "you were cornered and pushed against a wall by a man you barely know, who is " he gestured at his impressive biceps "way stronger than you," took a time to smirk at my twigs of arms "not to mention older, and propositioned.
And your only answer is to stare back at me, and dis-acknowledge my sexuality" he smiled. "and then you follow the same man home, and accept alcoholic drinks, so, are you nuts?" with that he crossed his arms and looked at me expectantly.

For a moment, I didn't know what to say. the way he said it, it suddenly all looked different but.... "I guess..." I started "I guess I'm just used to it." at the speculating look I got from him, I carried on. "or at least to some of it. I'm kinda used to be hit on by older guys." he didn't say a thing, and I stopped for a moment to think.

In the past, Jon took me with him everywhere, and it was inevitable for his friends and other people to notice me around. they rarely put stops on their attempts to "steal me away from the closet case" and not once I found myself in the same position as Brian described, pressed against a wall, and propositioned.

But each time, it never happened. Each time, Jon would appear out of no where, pat the guy on the shoulder, and whisk me away for the refreshments bar. Each time I was cornered, I was sure he will come and get me, and never thought of what might happen if he wont. And now, he was miles away.... with a woman. And i was here, alone, young, and virtually unprotected.

Something must've shown on my expression, because Brian let out a cough and looked away. "well.. I was just curious. you know, you're a kid and all, and..."
I cut him off, emerging from the past "yeah, I know." I took a deep breath then "and you're right." I was stupid.
if it was anyone else I could be dead by now. hell, I don't even know Brian that well! with that thought I abruptly stood up, slammed the beer can on the table and turned to leave.
"I should probably.." but I never finished that sentence, because Brian's hand clamped on my wrist. For a moment, I panicked and tried to pull away, but the he turned me back to him, and let me go.
"wait, wait, wait!" he raised his arms in surrender, and some reassurance "I won't do anything! geesh!" he put down his hands when I calmed down some, and slicked his longish blond hair back. "like I said... I was just curious. So stay."
he smiled again, and more of my panic went away, I felt kind of silly.
When I smiled back at him, he grinned. "now, down!" he gestured back at the sofa. "we bond!"
When we sat down again, neither of us knew what to say, until Brian coughed, and said "so... emancipated, eh?" he took his beer again "how is that going?"
with relief, I repossessed my beer as well "pretty well, seeing as it landed me my own place and a job. how old are you, anyway, for a place like that?"
"twenty two" he smiled again "but I will really need to find a roommate soon for this."

we continued like this for a while, and with time, I relaxed some more. Even after what happened, it felt nice to just sit and talk with someone, someone who slowly became a friend.

When it was almost midnight, Brian took a look at the clock, and stood up. "well, you probably better get going... its pretty late already... " he started, but then his expression turned serious, and he looked at me wearily. "where do you live, anyway?"
"about.. five blocks away from the diner" I answered, wondering at the incredulous he was giving me, and picking up my bag "you're probably right, we have work tomorrow".
"and you.. walk?... from work?" he kept on staring at me.
"yeah" I answered slowly "I don't have a bike or anything, and its too short to go by bus..."
"wait" Brian put up a hand to stop me, and when I paused, he took a deep breath with closed eyes. Then he looked back at me. "you want to tell me, that your seventeen year old ass has been roaming the streets at night, every day?"
"its only five blocks.." I began, but then I felt a light bump to the back of my head. he smacked me! "wha..?!"
but Brian cut me off.
With a weary sigh, he turned away from me, and went to pick up his keys from the bowl, and bowed down to his feet.

"my bike is downstairs" he said, while changing his shoes from the sandals, that fit for an august day to more sturdy looking shoes. "I'm giving you a ride"
"you don't have to.." I grumbled while rubbing the back of my head where he hit me. "I can get there by myself, its only.."
"if you will say its only seven blocks, I will rape you." he straightened, and smiled at my shocked expression "or at least make you sleep in the spare room." his smile turned into a smirk when he added "its still pink!"
I relaxed then, and mock shuddered. "oh, the horror!" he was still waiting at the door, so I gave up, got out the door, and watched as he shut the lights and closed the door behind us.
On the way down I heard him mutter "more than I thought..."

When we reached the street, Brian pulled to the right and gestured towards a green vespa that stood there, on the sidewalk. "my baby!"

while I stood there, shocked, he beeped away the thing's alarm, and pulled out a helmet.
"I only have one, so you use it..." he trailed off when he noticed my expression "what?"
"so.." I got closer, and ran my hand on the seat, trying hard to stifle my giggles. "that's your 'bike'.... your 'baby'.. " when I failed holding back, and burst out laughing, Brian got a sort of hurt expression on his face.
"do you want to get hit again?" he waved the helmet threateningly.
I waved no, and took it away from him. then a sudden thought came to my mind.
Less than an hour ago, both of us were drinking. I put the helmet back on the seat, and faced Brian with a dubious expression "Brian, are you safe to drive?"
"huh?" was the brilliant expression that I got back.
"you know..." I trailed off, mentioning with my eyes to his apartment window above us. "we drank..." saying this, I felt kind of stupid.
But Brian's face lit up with understanding before he frowned at me again.

"only now did you realize that?" at my nod, he slumped his shoulders and gave out an exasperated sigh. "Stan... you really should take better care of yourself. aside from that issue we went through back there, you should pay more attention to your surroundings, you cant just...." he stopped when he saw me roll my eyes, and let it go.
Sighing again, he said "I can drive. you may have finished your three cans, but I actually don't like working with a hang over. I only took one, and that was three hours ago."
"oh" I said, and then, only to clarify "I don't get hangovers. especially not after only three beers." leaving him to mull at that, I picked the helmet up again, and positioned myself on the vespa, like I would on a bike.
Brian looked even more exasperated, and muttered while he sat in front of me, making the vespa creak. "hold on tight" he said, and two tries later, we were on our way.
---
The next morning, I woke up with a light headache.
Not a hangover, mind you, but enough to make me hurry ant shut the alarm clock up.
While making breakfast, I went over the events from yesterday morning, leading to my "bonding" session with Brian.

after Karen left the diner, and Casey's got his lunch, Alexia went over with me about my new responsibilities as a waiter.
I'll be the one to greet the customers who come in, and serve them if they choose to sit at the tables.
Those who choose the counter get to deal with Alexis herself. I'm responsible on getting the orders to and from Brian, and cleaning the tables when they are vacated.
Because the lack of a busboy, until the poor soul who will take the job is found, Alexis will help me arrange the diner before opening hours, and Brian will work with me when we close.
During, its all on me. for all this, I get a hefty raise, and for now I only have to share the tips with Brian.
I was only glad that for the time being, Alexis allowed me to pull double shifts during the week, and compromised on letting me work at least part of the weekend.
I needed the money, and the work kept me busy, and my thoughts away from missing parts of my anatomy.

When Alexis was done with her explanation, we noticed Casey was done eating and was staring at me with a somewhat blank expression, so Alex proceeded to explaining on how to work the cash register by making Casey pay up, and then we watched as he walked away, bidding us a reluctant goodbye and banging his head on the door frame on the way out.

The rest of the day went smoothly by, as all the regulars who came in, congratulated me on my promotion and only some of them gaped, none as much as Casey, the air-head cop. I was slowly getting to know the people of the town, who came to the diner for lunch during work, or to grab a quick breakfast or dinner, and that made me feel quite accomplished.
Most of them knew about me and my preference of men over women, but unexpectedly left it be.

I haven't seen much teenagers around, apparently due to them all being away in one summer camp or the other, having great fun before school starts in two weeks.
But seeing Karen's attitude toward me, I wasn't waiting on my toes for them to be back.
I could see in my mind's eye Karen as a cheerleader, hanging from some jock's arm, pointing my way and laughing, before sending the football team after me. I shuddered at the thought.

While I was musing, chewing on my customary omelette, I eyed my new uniform, which I layed on one of the chairs near the door.
Smiling to myself, I swallowed, cleared the dishes, and went to prepare for my day.

this time, I didn't bother tucking the stray curls behind my ears, but left some to hang over my eyes.
Recalling Casey's reaction to my hair yesterday, I couldn't help but be bothered a bit.
Casey was a cop. A good natured, smoken hot (!) cop, but never the less, a cop.
Not to mention, he was a regular customer, a person I will have to see everyday.
Knowing he was at least somewhat attracted to me, was an issue. A one night stand with him will not go well, of that I was sure.
And even putting all the troublesome factors aside, ever since the beginning of summer, I could not see myself in love.
the word meant nothing to me anymore, because I was through with problems. And Casey was one.

Scraping another curl to my forehead, I moved on to putting on my uniform, and then headed out for work.
The sun has already rised, and I had a diner to attend to.

'm working on making the chapters a bit longer, this one is twice as long!! >_>
anyways more comments are always welcome!! XD
Copyright © 2011 Moritana; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..