Jump to content
    Myr
    • Classic Author
  • 9,511 Words
  • 4,193 Views
  • 11 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

2010 - Fall - No Going Back Entry

Psionic Corp – No Return - 1. Chapter 1

Lieutenant Junior Grade Michael J. Valdius knocked tentatively on the General’s door, clutching his summons in his left hand.

“Come in Mike.”

Mike went in and stood at attention saluting until Ian saluted him back and then took his hand unexpectedly.

“Mike, it has been awhile.”

“You wanted to see me, sir?” Mike asked curiously.

Ian pointed his way over to the two davenports. It showed Mike that the General wanted this meeting to be between student and teacher and not commanding officer and subordinate officer. After they both sat, Ian took a deep breath and released it.

“There is a very important mission that I think you could do for us. It will be strictly voluntary, but it is, I think, what you had most hoped for.”

Mike blinked hard before whispering, “A way out?”

“Yes, of a sort.”

“How did you…” Mike’s voice trailed off.

“I have some strong pull. As your trainer, Iknow how deeply you hate being here. I have been working on a solution almost since you came to us.”

“Why?”

“My job is to do what is best for our country and what is best for our men. As your primary defense trainer, I know how much you hate this life. I have come to care a great deal about you. It is an inevitable result of how closely we have worked together combined with the kind of person you are.”

“What is it you want me to do?”

“If you choose to take this assignment, you will be done immediately with Psionic Corp. All official records of your time here will be expunged and you will go to the special boarding school you would have attended, had you not had Psionic talents. For all intents and purposes, you will resume the life you were meant to have, had you not had Psionic powers.”

“What am I to do there?”

“You need to do two things primarily. The first is to understand your grandfather’s business empire. You will be inheriting that when he is ready to retire. The second, and vitally important, I want you to become friends with Jagger Remington VI. Take as long as required to do so naturally. We wish no one to become suspicious.”

“To what end?”

“His father, who goes by J. Bentley Remington V, is the head of the largest private mega-corporation in the world. He controls an awful lot of business. Included in all of that is a super secret paramilitary operation that is far more ruthless and efficient than the government’s own forces. This is largely due to the messy oversight the elected politicians enforce on the government. Eventually Jagger will be taking over the corporation and will need his own right-hand man to work with him. I wish for that to be you. Your grandfather already has a small role in the Remington Empire that he has been actively expanding. This will be a natural progression, but I want Jagger to drag you in.”

“How do you know about the Remingtons?”

“Jagger has some Psionic powers and I was asked to block Jagger’s gifts, for a time, anyway. His father and I had a long conversation after. Someday, you will learn what passed between us. For now, we will say that his father knows someone is going to come eventually. The person that does go to them is going to have to be extremely good to get there without raising their alarm, or our alarms, all while avoiding exposing Psionics to the public.”

“You think I’m best for this?”

“I think you are the only one for this. You were born one of the elites of our society and you were raised that way for some time. The Psionic Corp has been a detour from that. However, I’ve been very careful to keep those early experiences in your life well guarded during training. Before you leave, I’ll help you unlock them again.”

“When I asked you to make me forget, I thought you said it would be gone forever?” he said looking a bit stricken.

“Mike, you are way too strong for that. I had to tell you that so that the blocks would work. I knew that you would want those memories back and I only agreed to block them at all because of the pain you were feeling. I couldn’t let you continue to suffer as you were.”

“I don’t know what to say. Except thank you, Ian. You do not know how much this means to me.”

Ian smiled and nodded.

“What will happen next?”

“You will return to your grandfather. Your records will be classified as deep cover. As I mentioned earlier, your training time here will be expunged. Your DNA, retina scan, voice pattern and finger prints will remain in the files, but any attempt to access them will alert me. I will be your government protector. You will maintain your Security Clearances and weapons authorizations, including your Federal Pistol Permit. They won’t be in your name, but they will be to your DNA encoding.”

“What if something happens to you?”

“If something happens to me then I have arranged for your grandfather to take care of you and help you continue your mission. The next Psionics Corp Commanding Officer may look into the classified project you are under, but as it is sealed by Executive Order, I doubt he will. Unless you suddenly break cover irreparably, that is. ”

“I understand.”

“We will not meet again until you have settled in with the Remingtons, though you can still call me to take care of business that is vital to the Psionic Corp.”

“If I fail?”

“It is not in your blood to fail. You will succeed. I have every confidence of it.”

Mike sat up a little straighter unconsciously. “What are the planned parameters of the mission?”

Ian handed him a thick dossier. “This folder contains all of your real background information. You are going back to high school and you’re going to be an openly gay tough guy. Your only family is a very rich, very eccentric grandfather who, for the sake of this mission only, wants little to nothing to do with you. Hence, why he sends you to an extremely exclusive, and very expensive, private school. In the event that your grandfather needs to make an appearance, then he will of course.”

“How much does Grandfather know?” Mike asked in surprise.

“Your grandfather has been handling almost all of the civilian contracts under our control here at Psionic Corp.”

“How did he take the news of my location?”

“Your mother did quite a job of fucking up your life for you. We were not fully aware of what had happened until after your training was well under way. Your grandfather was pleased when I first contacted him. He was not happy that you are gay and that you were unable to see him. He has stayed in touch and he has softened considerably over the last couple of years. I have visited him often and have given him updates. You will get to see him briefly before going to school and you’ll be spending time with him after the school year.”

“Why did you never tell me?” Mike growled.

Ian raised his eyebrows, “Your grandfather decided it was best not to tell you during your training. I agreed with him, but would have told you about it, if he had insisted.”

Mike blinked and then blushed, “I’m sorry.”

Ian nodded and continued, “Everything you need to know is in that file, including an emergency contact for me. Use it if you need to.”

“Thank you for everything Ian. I don’t know how else to express my gratitude.”

Ian stood and pulled Mike into a hug. “You have been my best and most talented student. Once you get into their family fold, you will be set for life. Protect Jagger with everything you have. He’s an amazing boy.”


The meeting between Mike and his Grandfather was charged as the two looked at each other eye to eye. Mike did not know how to react and his grandfather finally stepped forward and placed a kiss on his forehead, like he had done for years when he was just a boy.

“Mikey, I have missed you so much.”

“I’m sorry Grandpa.”

“Ian promised me that he would take care of you. Has he?”

“Nearly as well as you would have Grandpa. He helped me get through the required training.”

“Ian and I have talked a lot. I just wanted to know from you that it was true.”

Mike nodded.

“Let’s talk. There is a lot to go over before your limousine takes you to school.”


They had talked for hours and Mike thought about it as the limousine sped along.

Mike looked up as the limousine slowed down. He was dressed immaculately in the Wesler Academy’s navy blue blazer. He felt a little naked without his handgun, but he could not bring it to this school.

Mike had spent the entire weekend alternating between memorizing his background and cover story and talking to his grandfather. They spent the time in a suite in a very upscale hotel not far from the school. He felt he was ready by the time the limousine had picked him up that morning. The school he was going to, Wesler Academy, was the most prestigious all boys boarding schools in the United States. It cost over $250,000 per year for tuition. There was no one there on scholarship. To get in at all, you needed more than just the money, you needed to have the connections. The boys in this school were, one and all, the sons of the richest and most powerful men in the world. No pressure.

His cover story was simple enough, because this time, it was the truth minus the Psionic Corp training. His father was gloriously rich, but had died young. He had stayed with his mother, whom the grandfather never approved of, until her untimely death via a car accident. The grandfather had stepped in rapidly, because nobody carrying his name could be allowed to languish. His grandfather was not overly pleased with the open nature of his sexuality. (There was no issue with being gay in private, just publicly, as far as he was concerned. Image again.)

The beauty of the cover story was how close to the truth it really was. The main points of departure were that he was sent to Psionic Corp during the custody battle and his mother had died later. He was filthy rich. Ian had anticipated the need for this cover very early on in his training. This cover merely explained away why he had not been attending Wesler right along. He also took the time to study what his grandfather’s business was. In addition to many other sidelines, he ran a portion of the Remington Empire.

“Master Valdius, we are now arriving at Wesler.”

“Thank you Jeeves.”

“Of course, Master.”

He got out of the car on his own while Jeeves pulled his belongings out and made to follow him. The Headmaster greeted him personally. The Valdius family controlled a significant portion of the school’s trust.

“Headmaster Whitestone, it is a pleasure to meet you in person. Grandfather had many good things to say about you over the years, when he was trying to convince mother to send me here,” Mike fibbed slightly to maintain his cover and establish a better relationship with the Headmaster.

The Headmaster blushed slightly with embarrassment over the compliment. “Mr. Valdius, it is a pleasure to have you join us here. I am just sorry that it is your last year.”

“I am afraid it will have to suffice. Mother was less than thrilled about my schooling here and it took grandfather’s lawyers some time to clean up the mess after her untimely passing. I am happy to be here though.”

“That is good to hear, young man. Please come to my office. We will have a discussion before we send you to testing.”

“Of course, sir.”


The conversation and the testing were standard. He tested into all of the most advanced classes the school had to offer. Due to his extensive martial arts training, he had his physical education waived under the understanding that he would continue his training, which was far more strenuous then the physical education program. He agreed immediately.

The private room he was assigned, complete with its own full bathroom, was quite comfortable. It was far larger than his officer quarters on base had been. He unpacked his computer first thing and set about checking his emails. Now that he was free of the Psionic Corps, officially, he was able to review his family business. The managers were not overly pleased to have “some kid” reviewing their work, but he was the Master of his domain and they were sending him reports via email. The Psionic Corp would have denied this birthright. Only his strange relationship with his mother and grandfather had prevented him from being destructive in his Psionic Corp confines. He was a scion of wealth and he would play that role here.

After bringing himself up to speed and memorizing the school’s map, he decided it was time to enjoy a good meal. He made his way quickly and quietly to the cafeteria. Unlike most schools, this was a restaurant complete with waiters. He was seated and waited upon.

There were a lot of guys giving him the look over in the room. He ignored it, as it was an expected action. He fully understood that everyone was going to test him to see where he fit into the grand scheme of things. The only thing everyone knew for sure was that he had money in some form, along with the connections required to get into the school for what looked like his last year.

Nobody approached him while he was eating, so he left the cafeteria to go back to his room. He changed quickly so that he could go work out. He figured someone would approach him in the gym.

He started in the weight room so that he could digest a little bit before getting into any big aerobic activities. He did a few sets on the machines first before an older man asked him to spot him on the bench press. Mike stood over the man while he pumped the very heavy bar.

On the very last rep, the man struggled a bit so Mike reached down to help him lift the last one. Mike took a very large portion of the load as the man suddenly seemed unable to lift it. Mike did not struggle as he settled the bar in its rest.

“I thought you might have been a lot stronger than you looked. I didn’t think you could lift that bar.”

“Not a problem,” Mike answered honestly.

“You’re new here.”

“Yes. My grandfather was able to get custody of me after my mother died. Grandfather and mother never saw eye to eye. There has been some sort of legal battle over me since my father died. I am glad to finally be here. My grandfather is also teaching me the business, so that I can take over his empire.”

“My name is Nathan Kingsley. I am one of the bodyguards here.”

“It is a pleasure to meet you Nathan. My name is Mike Valdius.”

“I understand the empire remark now. Your grandfather has quite a large and diverse business.”

“Yes, he does. We are learning to like one another. He’s a very eccentric man and he thinks my mother rather ruined me. I am not so sure that he is wrong. I am certainly doing my best to learn from him, now that I am allowed.”

“That sounds wise. Do you do any aerobic workouts?”

“I am planning on running a few miles and doing some tai chi.”

“Do you do any martial arts?”

“A few.”

“Would you care to spar after our run?”

“Sure. Where is the best place to run?”

“Follow me.”

Nathan and Mike jogged around the inside perimeter trail of the schools extensive grounds. While both broke into sweat, neither broke into the uncontrolled huffing of someone unused to strenuous exercise. They both did thorough stretching after their run and prior to finding an unoccupied corner of the gym with mats for a quick bout.

By unspoken agreement, Mike went on defense first. He nodded to Nathan when he was standing in his ready position. Nathan came after Mike in a number of ways and Mike successfully blocked or deflected him each time. Nathan sped up and became more aggressive on each attack when he saw that Mike was quite skilled. He could not nail down a form though, as Mike kept shifting forms. The continued practice drew a decent sized crowd, which both sparring partners ignored.

Nathan backed off and stood on defense as a signal to Mike that it was his turn. Mike started his attacks at a higher aggression level, recognizing how skilled Nathan was. At first, he merely repeated the earlier attacks. He decided to unleash a more brutal style after a few minutes of the more traditional attacks. The main style he used was a lot closer fighting and involved the use of many body parts, like elbows and knees. He was very careful to pull any attacks that got through so that no damage occurred. By the time he backed off, it was clear to Nathan that if Mike wanted to do him harm, there wasn’t much he would be able to do to stop it.

After they separated, they both bowed to each other.

A large teen hollered after they separated, “He’s not that tough. I hear he likes it up the ass too.”

“You are just jealous that I can get some when I want it and most people wouldn’t even fuck you with someone else’s dick.”

“Son of a bitch!” the boy growled at him.

“Come get some, if you’ve got the balls. Otherwise, fuck off,” Mike said dismissively.

When it was clear that the boy was not going to move, Mike turned his back on him. It was then that the dope decided to attack. Mike knew ahead of time what the guy was going to do so he timed it perfectly to clothesline the guy and sweep his legs out from under him. He then brutally stomped the boys shoulder, breaking it.

“Anybody that expects me to bottom, had best be able to beat me. Otherwise, I suggest you try a weaker target like Junior here.”

A quick glare around at the other buys showed them quite stunned. Nodding to himself, Mike left the gym for the locker room and a quick shower.

Nathan could only stare after the young man that he had been sparring with. Clearly, the boy was a master of several arts. He was completely in control the entire time they had sparred and he was remarkably gentle, despite the brutality of the fighting form he demonstrated. It was also just as clear, based on the real demonstration he just witnessed, that the boy had no compunctions about putting down someone that needed to be put down. That was considered a rather critical trait to have in the Remington Empire.


Mike was back in his room. A brief message from the Headmaster saying that the boy that had attacked him from behind, William Ayersmeyer, had been expelled was more than enough confirmation of just how powerful his own family name was. He had been taken in by the Psionic Corp too early for him to really understand. He reasoned that Ian knew this and that was why Ian had worked so hard to arrange this escape back to his real life.


Nathan, wisely, used his time to look up the mysterious Michael Valdius. All of his research turned up exactly what the boy had told him during their workout session and run. Nathan also had the advantage of knowing that the Valdius family empire did business favorably with his employers, the Remingtons. He contacted his own boss with the information and research so a deeper background check could be made.

Nathan was always on the lookout for a suitable mate for his charge Jagger. Jagger was a gentle boy that was always far more interested in books and computers than in people. The only interest he ever showed in people was in hot young men. His father clearly understood he was gay and accepted it. He just made sure that his guards were aware that he wanted only a strong gay man near his son. Someone that would take care of Jagger the way the boy deserved. Mike Valdius was the best candidate thus far. He just needed to pass all the deep background checks.


Jagger had witnessed the sparring and then the fight in the gym. He had been dragged there by one of his other bodyguards, Trip. Trip made him work out, much as he didn’t want to. He did take the opportunity to look over the new kid. As soon as it was apparent that there would be sparring, he went over to watch. Trip had joined him.

Jagger really liked what he saw. Clearly this guy was not one of the rich soft sloths that attended the school. He was alarmed when one of the school’s bullies, and most informed students, called out the new guy as gay. The kid did not so much as flinch and fed it right back to the bully. In short order, the fight ensued and the kid crushed the bully.

Jagger wanted the new guy. He was hot. He was rich. He was strong. He also clearly brooked no shit from anyone.

Only someone like that could survive in his family. He began to plot to get the boy as his own.


Several days had passed and Nathan had worked out with Mike again every morning and evening. Clearly, Mike was someone that took his training seriously.

They didn’t spar again until three days later.

“You have a pretty unique style of fighting,” Nathan prompted.

“My fighting style is fairly eclectic. I have mixed many of the different forms I’ve studied so that I have, as you say, a unique way of fighting. It gives me an edge in that it keeps my opponents off balance.”

“Because they don’t know what to expect?”

“Exactly. As I’ve studied many different types, I can read people fairly well,” which was entirely true, but left out the fact that Mike could really read people with his Psionic skills.

“How good are you?” Nathan asked.

“That is a hard question to answer. I’ll say I do okay. I do not lose a fight often and I always learn from my mistakes. I have never repeated an error.”

“How concerned is your grandfather about your security?”

“Locked up in this school? He’s not very concerned at all.”

“The walls here are not impenetrable.”

“That would be true pretty much anywhere. Here, like anywhere else, people are the weakest links. Anybody can be bought.”

Nathan looked indignant and was about to retort.

“I don’t necessarily mean with money. People can most easily be bought with the safety of those they love. Would you turn over your charge if it would save the life of your own child? Would you sacrifice your own child for that of your employer’s?”

“I concede your point. Those of us that have families, have them on the estate where they are protected.”

“A wise security precaution. But what about extended family. Say your young guard over there. Say he has a little brother. Is that brother safe? Would he trade the life of his brother for Jagger?”

“It is clear you understand security concerns in depth,” Nathan said as he wrapped up his stretching.

“I did not have the luxury of enjoying my heritage. I have been through a lot, despite my age. Are you ready to spar?”

Nathan nodded and indicated that he would go on offense first. He started out at a medium level and quickly progressed to world-class competition level sparring. Mike matched him in intensity and did not switch forms randomly as he had before. This time, he matched each attack in the style it was offered. Mike kept all his skills well honed and made sure to keep his surroundings in mind at all time. It was good that he did because a second guard suddenly joined in and it was two on one. He stepped up to a whole new level and used his opponents against themselves. As they were not extremely well trained to attack together, he picked them apart. They drew a huge crowd.

By the time that they stopped, all three were soaked from their workout. They bowed to each other before walking off the mat together. A very excited Jagger joined them.

“Wow guys, that was great! Are you guys going to introduce me?” he directed at Nathan, who rolled his eyes heavenward when Jagger looked away.

Mike stuck his hand out to Jagger, “Mike Valdius.”

“Latin for strong. My name is Jagger Remington.”

“A pleasure. If you’ll excuse me, I’m in desperate need of a shower.”

“I need a shower too,” Jagger chattered, completely unaware how obvious he was being.

“I suppose you do,” Mike said after blinking once. He didn’t say anything further and he walked into the locker room.

Jagger glared at his bodyguards with a clear message to keep the locker room free of people. They did block the door after he went in.

Mike went to his locker and stripped naked, leaving his clothes piled up. He grabbed a clean towel off the rack and walked into the shower. He turned it on as hot as he could stand it, to help relax his muscles. He appeared to zone out until the shower next to him turned on and Jagger stepped under it.

Jagger was an intellectual first. While he had no real fat on his body, he did have the softer look of the not well worked out. He had a very small treasure trail from his belly button down to his equipment. He had a well-defined bush with a nice prize nestled on top of some fairly low hanging balls. He had nothing to be ashamed about.

Mike did like what he saw. He especially liked the red blush that spread across Jagger’s body while they examined each other.

“I don’t suppose you were going to spar with me?” Mike asked, referring to his offer to fight for the right to top him.

Jagger blushed further before answering very quietly, “I would rather you held me.”

“That can be arranged,” Mike replied, just as quietly, in a reassuring voice. He decided he needed to show a more sensitive side of himself to Jagger until he could build up Jagger’s confidence.

“I have the strangest feeling that you are the guy I’ve been waiting for. I felt it as soon as I saw you last week.”

“One never knows,” Mike smiled back gently.

Jagger started to come over to Mike’s shower but Mike stopped him.

“We are not going to get into anything too quickly. I would hate to give your guards a real reason to beat on me.”

“Oh, they like you a lot. If they didn’t, you probably would have been shot with you in here alone with me naked.”

“How reassuring,” Mike drawled. “Especially since we are not alone in here.”

Jagger blushed all over again before asking, “we aren’t alone?”

“Nathan, why don’t you stop hiding around the corner and show yourself?” Mike asked.

After a few moments of silence Nathan shuffled into view. “How did you know?”

“With all the training I’ve had, I would have been a very poor student if I hadn’t been able to keep exact attention on my surroundings.”

Jagger looked angrily at Nathan before glancing over to Mike.

Mike smiled at him, quickly cleaned, rinsed off and left the shower. Jagger followed a minute later.

“Are you coming back to my room with me Mike?” Jagger asked with a hopeful expression on his face as he watched Mike dressing.

Mike raised an eyebrow at the pleading expression on Jagger’s face before nodding yes.

“Nathan?” Mike asked.

Nathan stared for a long time before nodding slowly.

“I would have said the same thing about rushing had you not been standing there. Sex clouds judgment and I’m not one to rush into that sort of situation. If Jagger wants something, he’s going to have to be patient.”

“Hey! I’m here you know,” Jagger interjected angrily.

“Of course you are. I’m showing you respect by not talking behind your back. I’m also being up front and honest about my intentions.”

“Completely honest?” Nathan asked with a raised eyebrow.

“Of course not. What do you take me for? A fool? What do you want to know?”

“Everything.”

“Thank you for the vote of confidence in my intelligence, but even I don’t know everything. It is nice to pretend to at times though.”

“What do you want from Jagger?”

“Friendship. If that works, something deeper.”

“Why Jagger?”

“He saw what he wanted and he reached for it. He’s very bright. He has a superb ass. A nice dick too.”

Jagger blushed a deep red but smiled shyly at Mike through his bangs.

“What about…” Nathan started.

Mike cut him off. “… money? I’ve got it. Power? I’ve got that too. Oh, and remember that Jagger chased me in here, not the other way around.”

“What are you hiding?” Nathan asked quietly.

“Ah. Still that inquisitive nature poking through. I’m guessing your background check turned up nothing. And by nothing, I mean nothing at all. A few years where I was off the grid. Right?”

“At first glance, you came up as a normal teen. Exceptionally intelligent and into martial arts. But scratch a little deeper and there is a few years of nothing.”

“Scratched through Grandfather’s whitewash of my mad mother’s years?”

“What?”

“My father married a young woman against my grandfather’s wishes. He did not like my mother at all. When my father was killed, my mother used the funds at her disposal to drag us both into hiding. I spent those years studying everything I could get my hands on and training night and day. She spent the time hiding from Grandfather. Grandfather was not at all pleased about those formative years of my life and used some of his influence to put a cover over it.”

“That is what your grandfather told Bentley. Your relationship with your grandfather?”

“He’s not pleased that I’m gay and not hiding it. He cares very much about image. Bentley would be Jagger’s father I presume?”

“Yes. Heard of him?”

“Grandfather only has me as an heir, so despite our strained relationship, he’s granted me access to a lot of his business information. Not quite the empire that Jagger will inherit, but nothing to sneeze at either.”

“Can I have your word that you would not do anything to hurt Jagger?”

“I give you my word that I will not do anything to intentionally hurt Jagger.”

Nathan raised his eyebrow.

“Did I pass that test?” Mike smirked.

“Indeed.”

“Hello! Still in the room!” Jagger grumbled.

“I noticed and I’m enjoying the fact that you are only wrapped in a towel. I hope that when we are boyfriends you’ll remember to stay properly clothed around the help.”

“Has anyone ever told you that you’re an ass?” Nathan asked.

“Sure. Just before I broke some part of his anatomy. Why?”

“Intellectual curiosity.”

“Intellect in a bodyguard? How unusual.”

Nathan stared for a long moment and sighed. “Ass.”

“Thank you. Jagger, you can lift your jaw now. It is not becoming to have your mouth hanging open like that. Go get dressed.”

Jagger closed his mouth and stared for a moment before he went and got dressed.

“What? No comment about his open mouth?” Nathan asked snottily.

“Of course not. I consider sex a private matter. Do I pass the next test?”

“What test?”

“Whether or not I am intimidated by banter. Whether or not I have the balls to stand up to you. Take your pick.”

“You pass.”

“Good. Anything else you need to know before I get the seal of approval?”

“Are you going to give in and fuck him tonight?” Nathan asked bluntly.

Mike stared at him for a long moment before shaking his head. “I consider sex to be the ultimate commitment between two souls. I am virgin and I intend to stay that way until I find that one that I plan to spend my life with. Despite the act and the drool, Jagger is looking for the same thing. I’m guessing he’s never gone off like this before?”

Nathan shook his head. “Jagger spends all his time wrapped up in books and computers. He looks at cute guys, but you are the first he’s ever really interacted with.”

“I’m dressed,” Jagger announced as he walked back in.

“So I see. I definitely prefer you shirtless, but I’d like to keep that for myself,” Mike smiled as he moved his eyebrows up and down at Jagger.

Jagger promptly blushed again.

“Let’s go, gentlemen.”

The walk to Jagger’s suite was quiet. Both boys were lost in their thoughts. Nathan opened the door and nodded for the boys to go in. He then closed the door behind them.

“Will you hug me?” Jagger asked quietly.

Mike responded by pulling the smaller boy into him and holding him close. Jagger sighed and relaxed completely into the embrace.

After a few minutes Jagger spoke again, “I think I could spend the rest of my life like this. All the chaos stops when you’re holding me. My mind is quiet and I feel safe.”

“I’m certainly not complaining,” Mike said a few minutes later.

“Do you think we can do the whole boyfriend thing?” Jagger asked tentatively.

“Yes,” was Mike’s succinct reply.

Jagger lifted his head and placed a tentative kiss on Mike’s lips, which Mike returned enthusiastically.

They spent the next half an hour making out and feeling each other’s bodies before a knock at the door separated them. It took a few moments for Jagger to catch his breath.

“Come in,” he finally replied.

Nathan stuck his head in, “You’ll need to get to dinner now or you’ll miss it.”

They nodded and after a quick straightening of clothes, they left the room together.

When they got to the dining facility, they chose a booth in the back corner. Jagger went in first and Mike slid in next to him. Nathan slid into the seat across from them.

“Going to protect us from the crazy waitress?” Mike asked, rolling his eyes.

“Bentley becomes quite displeased when I’m not within arm’s reach of Jagger.”

“No one will be getting to Jagger here, except over my dead body,” Mike responded his eyes sharpening.

“I don’t doubt that for a moment,” Nathan replied. “Nevertheless, this is where I’m going to be.”

Jagger sat with his head snuggled into Mike’s shoulder.

Mike nodded and turned his head to do a sweep of the room again. He spotted one young man, whose thoughts were less than friendly. A little mental nudge was all it took to get that guy to suddenly feel like leaving the dining area.

“What do you know about him?” Mike asked Nathan, directing his attention to the leaving teen.

“James Luther Kingston. His father is a business rival of both Bentley and your grandfather. Why?”

“His gaze this way was not that friendly.”

“I would imagine not.”

“I guess I will have to keep an eye on him then.”

“That wouldn’t be a bad idea.”

The waitress finally came over and served them. They ate a quiet meal and after they split up.

Mike walked back to his room. His danger sense went off just as he got to his room and he ducked just in time to avoid getting hit with the probes from a taser. He turned and saw James standing nearby with a shocked look on his face. Mike quickly rushed towards the other boy and grabbed him by the neck before he had a chance to recover. James had some martial arts training, but Mike’s command over Psionics allowed him to prevent anything James tried before his brain could command his body to act. Mike finally just gave the other boy a mental punch, which overloaded his system and allowed Mike to drag him unresisting into his room. No one was around to witness anything. After depositing the other boy on his bed, he went back outside to grab the boy’s taser.

Mike examined the other boy rather closely. He was a good-looking kid, though he was clearly desperate for some reason, tangling with Mike. Mike definitely felt a stirring in his loins over the other boy. He dismissed that outright, as Jagger was the whole package. Not just a nice ass. And certainly not someone dumb enough to attack him.

Mike gave the other boy a mental prod to bring him back and then waited whilst the other boy stirred. He sat up groggily and his eyes widened when he realized where he was. He made a move to bolt but Mike waved the boy’s own taser back and forth in a silent dare to run. James slumped.

“Tell me why I shouldn’t kill you,” Mike commanded in a deadly silent voice.

The boy stared and after a minute tears started leaking out of his eyes.

“I’m waiting.”

“I can’t ever do anything right.”

“I’m sure that’s a genetic issue and not your fault. Why were you trying to taser me?”

“My father has a grudge against your grandfather and he told me he would forgive my screw-ups and not disinherit me if I was able to smuggle you out of school into his hands.”

“I think you will find that much more difficult than you’d believe possible. What would happen to you if you fail?”

“I’ll be pulled out of school, disinherited and probably just disappear altogether.”

Mike, not at all cold-hearted as his look suggested, could sense the truth in that statement. James was gay, but did not have any Psionic powers. After a quick thought, he pulled out his cell phone and called the number to reach Ian.

“General Wallace,” the voice at the other end stated.

“Ian, it’s Mike.”

“Go ahead.”

“I’ve got someone my Grandfather could make good use of, but he would need an extraction.”

“What protocol?”

“Protocol Wolf,” Mike said, meaning that a boy would need to be protected from a parent from immediate physical harm. Mike could hear Ian typing on a keyboard.

“Name?”

“James Luther Kingston.”

“Ah. Yes,” he replied, clearly reading something. “Approved. We’ll send someone to take care of the issue immediately. You wish to send him to your grandfather?”

“Yes. I think Grandfather would appreciate someone else that has had longer training in all this stuff to tutor. Based on an earlier conversation, I would think that having another business aligned our way would be useful.”

“I concur. Excellent work. Also, excellent work on the other front. Good luck.”

The click told him the conversation was over. James had leant forward during the conversation with a look of shock on his face. “What did you do?”

“Your father has become suddenly ill and I’m afraid he won’t last until morning. Fortunately, he’s appointed my Grandfather as your guardian and Trustee to your vast fortune until you are of legal age. You’ll be leaving school for a few days and my Grandfather will spend the time discussing what is expected of you,” Mike explained and then honed all his senses in to detect the other boy’s response.

After a few minutes of staring he finally said, “Why?”

“I think you’re still worth saving and a powerful person agreed with me.”

“How?”

“You know far more about your father’s business than he thinks you know. You know how corrupt he is. You’re not corrupt. This was your father’s test of you. You failed and were therefore expendable. I think you’re too cute to be extinguished. Now, you’ll be able to live your life almost the way you want. You’ll just have to align your business interests with that of our country’s. You can do that, right?”

“Absolutely,” he said as tears streamed down his face.

Mike stood up and pulled the other boy into a hug. After holding him for a few minutes, he pushed him back upright. “It’s going to be hard on you for awhile. There is no other way to say it. We’ll help find you an appropriate boyfriend. For now, you can work at my desk. Some bodyguards will be arriving for you in awhile. They’ll bring you back to your room and then bring you back home where you can say good bye to your gravely ill father.”

“Thank you. I’m sorry.”

“It’s okay. We’ll talk when you get back.”


It took a few days for Nathan to approach him about what happened with James.

“I’ve heard through the grapevine that you stopped an attack on you by James Kingston. Not only that, but you managed to convert him to your cause. Your grandfather filled in Bentley.”

“I guess word gets around fast in our little group.”

“How do you know we can trust him?”

“The boy is a lover, not a fighter. He fell apart very quickly when I applied a little pressure.”

“What did you do?”

“I asked him to tell me why I shouldn’t kill him.”

“Would you have?”

“If I wanted him dead, I could have just let him go as a failure. His father had enough of his failures to be ruthless. As I said, the boy is a lover, not a fighter.”

“That was an interesting dodge.”

“You want to know if I would kill someone. Yes. I can and have when the situation calls for it.”

“You’ve killed someone?” he asked alarmed.

“It was self-defense. I was never charged, which is why it did not turn up in your background check.”

“It still should have turned up.”

“It was hushed by the right authorities. Money talks, as they say.”


It was several more weeks of daily routines before Jagger broached the topic of Thanksgiving break. He was going home. Mike had already received a note from his Grandfather that said that he was going to be out of the country and that Mike was free to do as he wished for the break. Jagger invited him home.

“My father is eager to meet you. He’s heard a lot about you from Nathan and his crew as well as from me. I’ve become very attached to you and my father’s opinion is important to me.”

“I’ll be happy to go home with you any time you’d like so that I can meet your father.”

“Really?”

“Of course. I know how important your father is to you. If I want to be a part of your life, then it will have to include getting along with your father.”

“He’s easy to get along with,” Jagger said in a questioning tone.

“I’m sure he is for you. You are the light of his life. I’m the big bad guy that is molesting his little boy. It’ll take some time before he will trust that I’m not taking advantage of you.”

“You’re not!” Jagger said hotly.

Mike gave Jagger a gentle kiss. “Relax. We’ll get along pretty quickly. We have something in common, after all. We both love you.”

Jagger calmed down from the kiss, the words and the gentle use of projective empathy that Mike employed.

“I’ll let Nathan know that you’re coming home with us for break,” Jagger said eventually.

“Okay.”


The trip to the Remington Estate was a quiet one. They flew on a private jet and transferred to a limousine in a private hanger. The limousine was clearly armored. The trip from the airport to the sprawling estate in the Adirondack Mountains in upstate New York was a quiet one. Jagger spent the entire car trip cuddled into Mike.

When they got out of the limousine, Nathan directed Jagger to go to his room, as his father wanted to talk with Mike alone first. Jagger was about to protest vehemently against that until Mike shook his head. Jagger frowned at Nathan before he spun on his heels and stormed off.

“If you’ll follow me?” Nathan prompted.

Mike nodded and followed. They weaved their way through a portion of the estate before getting in an elevator and heading down. They went down a very long way before the doors opened. They passed through an open vault door into what appeared to be a command center. Nathan appeared to be getting tense.

“Nathan, I know what I’m walking into here. Relax. I’ve got nothing to hide.”

Nathan’s shoulders slumped.

“For a bodyguard, you’re body language is awfully expressive. I assure you, I love Jagger. Everything else is merely unimportant details.”

Nathan directed him to a room that looked an awful lot like an interrogation room.

There was a chair at the table in the room and Mike sat in it. Across the table was a man that looked like an older, more weary version of Jagger.

Mike sat with serene bliss while he waited for Jagger’s father to speak.

Jagger Bentley Remington V looked across the table at the cool, collected young man that his son had fallen for. Michael J. Valdius, age 17, six foot tall, 180 pounds of muscle. He had very short black hair with brilliant blue eyes. Academically, he was off the charts. He wanted a strong alpha kind of guy for his son, and Mike clearly qualified.

For all that, Bentley was worried about what Mike’s intentions were. Bentley knew that at some point, a young man would be coming for his son’s training. There was no indication whatsoever that the boy in front of him was someone that had been trained by Ian Wallace. If he wasn’t, then there would be an even larger complication to deal with. If he was, just how good was the kid?

“I love Jagger.”

Bentley was drawn from his thoughts and nodded at the statement.

“I will protect him with my life, if necessary.”

“My son is different from most other boys. Not just anyone can date him.”

“I know. As I’ve made it here on my own, I think it is probably safe to tell you that I was trained by General Ian Wallace.”

Bentley’s head whipped back to face Mike and his eyes widened.

“I’m guessing that I don’t fit your idea of a Psionics user. I’ll let you in a little secret. Ian purposely exudes an aura of power. He does that as a tactic so all the untrained think that it is a sign of being trained. It helps to protect us.”

“How strong are you?”

In answer, Mike casually waved his hand and the table between them flew towards the wall and stopped just short of slamming into it.

“Of all the trained Psionicists, I am probably the strongest, next to Ian.”

“You said Ian trained you?”

“I was too powerful for anyone else to train. Ian was the only one that could.”

“Why are you interested in my son?” Bentley asked, his voice catching just enough in Mike’s well-trained ear to know that this was the crux of the matter.

“One of the downfalls of Psionicists is that we have access to each other’s minds. This is especially true in sleeping situations. The only good pairing for a Psionicist is someone that is compatible mind to mind. The two guys need to be fairly well balanced in personalities in order for a stable mental connection to exist. I am fully compatible with Jagger and I can cover his needs. When he builds up his own confidence in our relationship, he’ll be able to give me the support I require.”

Bentley blinked at that. “I figured you for a rather strong alpha type.”

“Just because I’ve got my stuff well put together, doesn’t mean I don’t need support. It is just the case that I put the needs of my people first, as any real alpha should.”

“He’s to be… the woman of the relationship?” Bentley asked awkwardly.

“Our relationship will be that of equals, Mr. Remington. My greatest pleasure will be giving pleasure to your son, in whatever way he chooses,” Mike said firmly.

“How can I be sure I can trust you?”

“I’m not hiding anything from you.”

“You promise that you will take care of Jagger?”

“I swear it by my heart and soul.”

Bentley stared for a long time into Mike’s eyes and he eventually nodded, never breaking eye contact with Mike’s blue eyes.

They walked together out of the room and went back up in the elevator to the upper house.

“I am guessing that this command center of yours is the hub of your empire?”

“Yes,” Bentley replied after a moment.

“Ian told me that you have a strong worldwide reach.”

“That would be a fair assessment.”

“He has placed me under extremely deep cover. It is all tied to my DNA. Which is why, of course, you found nothing on my name in government circles. Ian had that all pulled. Although, to be honest, I don’t think the names of Psionic Corp members get all that publicized to begin with.”

“How does your cover tie to your DNA?” he asked slightly puzzled.

“My DNA encoding is in the government system and if someone from any level of government scans my fingerprints or DNA then the National Security barrier drops on them and I’m free to go on my way.”

“What is your mission then?”

“My primary mission is to train Jagger and to keep him safe. There is no going back for me. Given the importance of Jagger in the long term picture, he needs to be trained properly and he needs to be someone that we can rely on. I will make sure that I steer both him and you in the best interests of the United States of America, if it is required.”

“You are only seventeen.”

“It would be unwise to underestimate me. Remember that I can beat Nathan on his turf using his rules. I have a lot of other skills that he does not know about. All of those skills will be applied to my mission. This is what I was meant to do in life. Ian has gone out of his way to make sure that your son will get training and not be dragged into the Psionic Corp. If he ended up there, you would not have an heir for your company. Any other options you might be thinking of will not help you.”

“Can’t you just pick those out of my head?”

“Of course I could. I respect Jagger way too much to do that to his father. He loves you very much. It is a soul deep love. One that you need to be aware of and careful with.”

“Are you telling me how I should deal with my son?”

“No, I am providing you with more information so you can make the best decision possible in how you deal with your son.”

“What makes you think I didn’t already know what you said?”

“I have no idea whether you knew or not. Now you know for sure, without any doubts.”

“Nathan told me that you told him that you would not pursue a full relationship with my son without my blessing. You have it.”

“Thank you sir. I give my promise to protect your son and to do my best to make sure he is as happy as possible.”

“What more could a father ask for?”

Mike smiled fully back at the new father figure in his life.


“Aren’t we a little too upper class for this establishment?” Mike asked Jagger as they walked into the local bowling alley.

“Normally, I’d say yes. But I want to bowl and this is the only place we can.”

“Okay. I take it security will wait outside?”

“Whatever you said to Father seems to have convinced him that I will be perfectly safe with you.”

“I see.”

Jagger paid for their three games and they went to their assigned alley. They quickly got settled into playing. It wasn’t until they had completed three games and were leaving that trouble had shown up.

“Hey guys, look! It’s that rich bastard that is too good to play with us,” a pimply-faced scraggly looking kid said.

“Let’s go Jagger,” Mike said quietly, while keeping an eye on the punk.

“Rich boy has a name? Jagger? That sounds like some pussy name.”

Jagger looked upset and was about to retort but stopped at the look on Mike’s face.

“What’s the matter, boyfriend won’t let you play?” the punk said.

Mike looked down on the shorter kid and said quietly, “We’re just on our way, why don’t you go enjoy a nice game or three.”

“Why don’t you make me, you stupid…”

He cut off when Mike reached forward and one arm lifted the boy so they were eye level. “Perhaps I didn’t make myself clear, boy. Go play with someone in your league.” Mike then dropped the boy in place.

The boy stood there stunned for a few moments before he had the balls to take a swing at Mike. Mike promptly caught the swing and forced the boy to his knees. He then kicked the boy forward into his friends, spun around, drawing his gun and turning to face the man behind the counter who was in the process of pulling out a double barrel shotgun. The man froze when he saw the gun pointing at his head.

“Freeze. If you attempt to draw that gun I’ll shoot you where you stand.”

“Where the hell did you get a gun?” the guy behind the counter demanded.

“Standard issue DNA-encoded 11mm handgun used by ninety percent of all Federal Officers,” the sheriff said as he walked into the room, followed by the Remington Security Squad. “Butch, what have I told you about drawing on kids with that thing?”

“Not to, Sheriff.”

“That’s right Butch. Put it away and maybe this nice Federal Officer won’t press charges.”

Mike nodded to the Sheriff as he put his gun back in its holster. He walked forward and dragged the kid to his feet. “Mr. Brock and I are going to have a conversation outside before we go Sheriff, if you don’t mind.” It wasn’t a question.

The Sheriff recognized that, “No problem, Lieutenant.”

Mike eyed Nate who did a little shoulder shrug before he dragged the kid outside. How did the sheriff know his rank? He dismissed it for now.

He walked the boy outside and leaned the boy up against the building. “What’s your problem William?”

“I’m not talking to you fag,” William spat.

“Ouch. You hurt me,” Mike leaned into William’s face so they were nose to nose. “Let me be perfectly clear for you punk, I am a Federal Officer. You took a swing at me. That is Assault. You are looking at confinement until you are twenty one in a juvenile center, unless I choose to charge you as an adult, in which case, that little bubble butt of yours is going to get well used by your much larger cellmate. Am I making myself clear?”

“Yes.”

“So talk.”

“I think I like guys,” William mumbled after a really long silence.

“You do. I’m going to let you go, but you’ll be seeing some people soon that will help you sort out that aggression you’ve been trying to contain. Why don’t you go back inside?” Mike asked before stepping away.

William stared confused.

“Now William. Someone will be along to talk with you about what’s going on.”

William walked off confused.

Mike picked up his cell phone and called General Wallace.

“Yes Mike?”

“I have a Protocol Fox pickup for you. William Brock. 16. Heavy aggression towards other Psionic users. He doesn’t understand why.”

“I have your location as Lake Placid, NY?”

“Yes sir.”

“I’ll send a team in to pick him up. Congratulations on infiltrating the Remingtons. With getting James Kingston on our side, and your integration with the Remingtons, the best interests of our citizens will be protected.”

“Jagger is the perfect companion for me.”

“I know son. Keep in touch.”

“Valdius out,” he said, hanging up.

Mike was ready to start the next part of his life. His training complete, there would be no going back.

The End.

Copyright © 2010 Myr; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 27
  • Love 5
  • Haha 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

2010 - Fall - No Going Back Entry
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I do hope there will be other stories that continue the lives we've met here, Myr. Mike seems almost too good, so I'm thinking there could be some pretty heavy stuff if the story continues as it seemed it should from the ending. I'm also looking forward to finding more of your Psionic Corps stories... very intriguing. Cheers!

John

  • Like 2
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
On 09/19/2011 12:12 PM, hillj69 said:
I do hope there will be other stories that continue the lives we've met here, Myr. Mike seems almost too good, so I'm thinking there could be some pretty heavy stuff if the story continues as it seemed it should from the ending. I'm also looking forward to finding more of your Psionic Corps stories... very intriguing. Cheers!

John

John, thank you very much for the review! I really appreciate it. I have set up a whole timeline for Psionic Corps that expands from the past into the Space Faring future. I have a number of episodes planned in there. Including returning to these characters.
  • Like 2
Link to comment

I am new to this website and this was the first of your stories that I have read.  I look forward to others

 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
6 hours ago, GAV said:

 I look forward to others

Thanks and welcome to the site.  I'm glad you enjoyed the story.

Link to comment

I too am new to this site it is only recently that I am reading the singleton entries. It looks to me like I have missed some good reading along the way, I will attempt to undo that oversight. Excellent writing and I am hooked. Looking forward to other Psionic Corp stories.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
19 minutes ago, Will Hawkins said:

Excellent writing and I am hooked.

Thanks!  I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Link to comment

I had read this some time ago and enjoyed it and just reread it, looking forward to your continuation of this story!

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment

Every year or two, I reread this story. Each time, I'm quickly drawn and can't stop reading till the end.  Now that you laid out the parameters of this world, I hope you'll soon be expanding this story and adding others.

  • Love 1
  • Fingers Crossed 1
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
On 12/31/2021 at 3:20 PM, drsawzall said:

I had read this some time ago and enjoyed it and just reread it, looking forward to your continuation of this story!

 

1 hour ago, frosenblum said:

Every year or two, I reread this story. Each time, I'm quickly drawn and can't stop reading till the end.  Now that you laid out the parameters of this world, I hope you'll soon be expanding this story and adding others.

Thanks!  I don't get nearly enough time to write as I would like.  Mostly due to the fact that by the time I'm done with work and done dealing with the daily site tasks, I don't want to be sitting near a computer any more, let alone pounding away at a keyboard.  I've been working on things to make life easier... such as the report features you saw in the blogs on Jan 1.  That speeds things up.  And I'm remodeling a space for a dedicated office, with window, so that I have a place that I can write that has all my reference material right at hand.  As it sits now, I have 4 different places where my material might be and it gets frustrating because I'm never writing at the same place where the material I want is sitting. 

Long answer for... yes. I'm writing more in this world.  but it's slow going at the moment.

  • Love 2
Link to comment

I wish you well with the remodeling. Getting your office set up the way you want it will support you in doing the writing you are so good at. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I.

LOVE.

IT!

If the other characters in the following stories are just as nice, I might just be ok with the episodes standing on their own :D 

  • Love 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..